Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,626 members, 7,813,055 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:52 AM

Plane Couldn't Land At Benin Airport Due To Power Outage, Passengers Flown Back - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Plane Couldn't Land At Benin Airport Due To Power Outage, Passengers Flown Back (39741 Views)

FAAN Apologises Over Power Outage At Benin Airport / "Aero Contractors Dropped Passengers At Benin Airport, Put Them In Car To Warri" / New Terminal of the Port Harcourt International Airport due for commission Thurs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Plane Couldn't Land At Benin Airport Due To Power Outage, Passengers Flown Back by ajoyeleke(m): 9:57pm On Jun 18, 2022
please do not forget to like and subscribe for more amazing contents

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UVN6J0ZjWAo
Re: Plane Couldn't Land At Benin Airport Due To Power Outage, Passengers Flown Back by Nobody: 9:58pm On Jun 18, 2022
Benin pple hardly use plane to fly..

How come this happened?

Una witches and wizard don elapse?
Re: Plane Couldn't Land At Benin Airport Due To Power Outage, Passengers Flown Back by Mexyz(m): 9:58pm On Jun 18, 2022
post=113936526:
Not even a stand-by generator.
Shame on Y'all.
Beginning from their Governor.

Yeah, shame on them all.

Beginning from the deadwood in Aso rock and those supporting him, calling him Darling Daddy here and there despite his visible failures in every sector of the Economy of this great Nation.

2 Likes

Re: Plane Couldn't Land At Benin Airport Due To Power Outage, Passengers Flown Back by ProfLogan(m): 9:59pm On Jun 18, 2022
Op, what you type is different from what text message entails. Besides, that's no way an airplane returns to its initial destination without refueling. You clearly don't rate us at all

Nosainwe:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cp0_eSH_UKU

An aircraft passenger has revealed that the plane he boarded from Abuja to Benin city couldn’t land in Benin airport due to power outage at the airport.
The runway lights were off at the point the plane was suppose to land

A friend of mine was on that plane and described the terrifying ordeal when the Pilot attempted to risk landing the plane without the run way lights.

The passenger didn’t shy away from expressing his displeasure at the unfortunate incident while also taking swipe at the state of the nation.
Re: Plane Couldn't Land At Benin Airport Due To Power Outage, Passengers Flown Back by Uchek(m): 10:00pm On Jun 18, 2022
Niaija we hail thee!
Re: Plane Couldn't Land At Benin Airport Due To Power Outage, Passengers Flown Back by IzzyAgu: 10:00pm On Jun 18, 2022
Funflipper:

Wetin? Na molue abi na keke napep? Who shout for him head?
Benin people
Re: Plane Couldn't Land At Benin Airport Due To Power Outage, Passengers Flown Back by MrCuteking(m): 10:00pm On Jun 18, 2022
For now, until we have a good leader, being a Nigerian and living in Nigeria is a big risk on its own.
Re: Plane Couldn't Land At Benin Airport Due To Power Outage, Passengers Flown Back by Richy4(m): 10:00pm On Jun 18, 2022
This is just sad... I sincerely hope that the Citizens would vote for someone who can remove all these man made embarrassment upon Nigeria..
Re: Plane Couldn't Land At Benin Airport Due To Power Outage, Passengers Flown Back by specialmati(m): 10:01pm On Jun 18, 2022
post=113936526:
Not even a stand-by generator.
Shame on Y'all.
Beginning from their Governor.
grin grin grin grin chai nawa ooh well Peter Obi is back from Egypt to put these power things behind us. Hope you are supporting him and not all those old money bags that will never want us to have constant light because they have business on it
Re: Plane Couldn't Land At Benin Airport Due To Power Outage, Passengers Flown Back by Lightorder: 10:02pm On Jun 18, 2022
Reference:

No. All domestic flights are mandated to carry enough fuel to return and hold for at least another 30 minutes where necessary.
I said what if ? The helicopter that crashed at Okpebi ran out to fuel before it even got to the airport. Do you know how many flights you have boarded that were deficient of major aviation requirements without your knowing it ? Nigeria is a terrible place. Whenever it happens, you will hear unbelievable tales. We are even shameless

1 Like

Re: Plane Couldn't Land At Benin Airport Due To Power Outage, Passengers Flown Back by Yugosng(m): 10:02pm On Jun 18, 2022
ecolime:
No generator to power their ILS? shocked

Don't worry Tinubu aka City Boy aka Youngest aspirant is coming to fix it.

Benin airport has three standby generators. Two are fully functional.

The ILS is always on.

No mind that egbon.

Him no know Wetin him dey cap.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Plane Couldn't Land At Benin Airport Due To Power Outage, Passengers Flown Back by ProfLogan(m): 10:04pm On Jun 18, 2022
Calm down..read the screenshot and then read the write up. You will see too many cooked lies.

I'm surprised you couldn't even decipher that

julybaba:
What A Intelligent Pilot. It is better to fly back than risk landing the plane.

1 Like

Re: Plane Couldn't Land At Benin Airport Due To Power Outage, Passengers Flown Back by Pathokpo: 10:04pm On Jun 18, 2022
Rastaramsey:

Mumu man....

I no understand why you no fi read and assimilate ordinary story....
I am very surprised that you could not detect the joke in his comment. My broda try to dey go out once in a while dey go enjoy yourself so that you go fit dey calm down. Problem no dey finish.
Re: Plane Couldn't Land At Benin Airport Due To Power Outage, Passengers Flown Back by Pathokpo: 10:05pm On Jun 18, 2022
Rastaramsey:

Mumu man....

I am very surprised that you could not detect the joke in his comment. My broda try to dey go out once in a while dey go enjoy yourself so that you go fit dey calm down. Dont take life too serious. Problem no dey finish.
Re: Plane Couldn't Land At Benin Airport Due To Power Outage, Passengers Flown Back by ebubenmuo(f): 10:05pm On Jun 18, 2022
[quote author=Rastaramsey post

Mumu man....

Sorry ooooo it's like you've not eaten today the reason why your transferring your anger on my mention, but I understand, buhari will soon leave and your senses would come back to auto reset
Yeye fowl
Re: Plane Couldn't Land At Benin Airport Due To Power Outage, Passengers Flown Back by user294(m): 10:05pm On Jun 18, 2022
Oh, may God bless this your post. The entire story reeks of lies and I had just posted a diss to point them out.
Yugosng:
BIG LIE!!

It’s mind-boggling the extent to which some people go just to garner social media attention.

The air peace flight in question returned to Abuja due to weather-induced poor visibility — and NOT lack of light.

Heavy rains have been falling in Benin over the last few days. On that very same day, a Max Air flight did a flyover because of same poor visibility issues.

The pilot hovered around Benin airspace in a holding pattern until visibility was better. Then he landed.

So I don’t know how that passenger came up with his “no light” story.

For one, when seated in the fuselage and the plane has aligned with the runway for landing, you can’t see the runway. So how can you know if the runway lights are on or not?

For two, Benin airport runway lights are solar powered.

This passenger’s claim is proof that you shouldn’t believe everything you read on social media.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Plane Couldn't Land At Benin Airport Due To Power Outage, Passengers Flown Back by Yugosng(m): 10:05pm On Jun 18, 2022
user294:
You guys just come here and write trash. Although I didn't watch the YouTube video you attached but your write-up and accompanying photo do not tally. An SMS from Air Peace saying a flight has been cancelled due to low visibility and therefore rescheduled, coupled with a write up saying there was power outage, please how do they correspond? A lot of things can cause low visibility, like bad weather, right?

MODIFICATION

Did I also forget to mention that he said a friend of his was on the plane and was pissed at the incident? I mean, a plane of a flight that hasn't even happened yet judging from the attached photograph, which clearly states that the flight scheduled for 16th June has been rescheduled to 17th June.

The story and write up just sounds like gibberish.

Finally!!

Someone with a functioning brain.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Plane Couldn't Land At Benin Airport Due To Power Outage, Passengers Flown Back by Eefosa1: 10:07pm On Jun 18, 2022
[quote auth ;Dor=scampy post=113936614]Edo State - Village People State[/quote]WHICH STATE ARE U FROM?
Re: Plane Couldn't Land At Benin Airport Due To Power Outage, Passengers Flown Back by ProfLogan(m): 10:11pm On Jun 18, 2022
Ignore the write up and read the screenshot.

Now you understand??

IzzyAgu:

Intelligent kor
they shout for him head before he brain reset, he actually wanted to Land the Plane
Re: Plane Couldn't Land At Benin Airport Due To Power Outage, Passengers Flown Back by Uchek(m): 10:14pm On Jun 18, 2022
Thank my brother for responding to that ignoramus who has been a core supporter of the worst govt in the history of Nigeria.

Mexyz:

Yeah, shame on them all.

Beginning from the deadwood in Aso rock and those supporting him, calling him Darling Daddy here and there despite his visible failures in every sector of the Economy of this great Nation.
Re: Plane Couldn't Land At Benin Airport Due To Power Outage, Passengers Flown Back by ProfLogan(m): 10:15pm On Jun 18, 2022
Your moniker name is Brain yet you can't even use your brain to detect cooked up lies from the write up??

Oh great!!!

braine:
Someone's life just got saved. That situation is not ordinary.
Re: Plane Couldn't Land At Benin Airport Due To Power Outage, Passengers Flown Back by Asceleb16(m): 10:18pm On Jun 18, 2022
Swearz,i'm ashamed of 9geeria... Tueh!
Re: Plane Couldn't Land At Benin Airport Due To Power Outage, Passengers Flown Back by Nobody: 10:22pm On Jun 18, 2022
cry cry cry
Re: Plane Couldn't Land At Benin Airport Due To Power Outage, Passengers Flown Back by nedekid: 10:26pm On Jun 18, 2022
Rastaramsey:

Mumu man....

Re: Plane Couldn't Land At Benin Airport Due To Power Outage, Passengers Flown Back by Enumerator(m): 10:27pm On Jun 18, 2022
You might be right on this!
maleekberry:
Maybe the country is cursed
Re: Plane Couldn't Land At Benin Airport Due To Power Outage, Passengers Flown Back by Nobody: 10:27pm On Jun 18, 2022
Rastaramsey:

Mumu man....

Hey he got a point, a decent plane should have landing lights. The pilot is incompetent.
Re: Plane Couldn't Land At Benin Airport Due To Power Outage, Passengers Flown Back by ppogba: 10:27pm On Jun 18, 2022
In this era of expensive aviation fuel.
Na the airline I pity.

Nigeria, the toughest place to do business in the world.
Re: Plane Couldn't Land At Benin Airport Due To Power Outage, Passengers Flown Back by nedekid: 10:27pm On Jun 18, 2022
vastolord4:
Una never see something.. vote them into Power again and watch airports turn to event centers and mini swimming pools
Seems una wan wound persin today with laugh..

Re: Plane Couldn't Land At Benin Airport Due To Power Outage, Passengers Flown Back by hassan4: 10:28pm On Jun 18, 2022
But it's common practice to land at the closet airport and convey the passengers on a coach to their destination. Asaba was nextdoor.
Re: Plane Couldn't Land At Benin Airport Due To Power Outage, Passengers Flown Back by ppogba: 10:29pm On Jun 18, 2022
quentin06:

Hey he got a point, a decent plane should have landing lights. The pilot is incompetent.

Your comment and logic will be valid if you are a trained pilot.
Re: Plane Couldn't Land At Benin Airport Due To Power Outage, Passengers Flown Back by Nobody: 10:31pm On Jun 18, 2022
ppogba:

Your comment and logic will be valid if you are a trained pilot.

I don't need to be a trained pilot to know about planes, am an informed reader.
Much better than your incompetent trained naija pilots.
Re: Plane Couldn't Land At Benin Airport Due To Power Outage, Passengers Flown Back by nedekid: 10:33pm On Jun 18, 2022
dawnomike:
Terrible to say the least... What will ever work at optimum level in this country?
The earlier we all unite and change the status quo, the better.
Talking of airports, go googl map and check out the brand new airport at murital Muhammed Ikeja, commissioned 2 months ago.
Have you wondered why it is not being used? Airport terminal built for billions with loans.
The aprons the aircrafts will park was not thought out. Plane cannot reach there to park as there are buildings, fences or the road is too small. Unless the planes park on the tarmac and they use buses to carry passangers there. Lol
No airline gree go there.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Trailer Carrying Gas Falls At Ojekunle, Mushin, Lagos (photos) / Pelumi Nubi On A Solo Trip From London To Lagos By Car (Video) / Kenyan Girl Pictured Hanging On A Motorbike Carrying Firewood Gets Help

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.