Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,816 members, 7,817,376 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:13 AM

How I Moved From Management Trainee To Assistant Manager Within 4 Years. - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / How I Moved From Management Trainee To Assistant Manager Within 4 Years. (32364 Views)

Is It Right Or Wrong For The Trainee To Kneel Before Collecting Her Certificate? / Insecurty: Call To Bar Moved From Law School / Peace Ibekwe Abdallah Promoted To Assistant IG Of Police. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How I Moved From Management Trainee To Assistant Manager Within 4 Years. by ajoyeleke(m): 10:16pm On Jun 18, 2022
please do not forget to like and subscribe for more amazing contents

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UVN6J0ZjWAo
Re: How I Moved From Management Trainee To Assistant Manager Within 4 Years. by Connected1: 10:16pm On Jun 18, 2022
Appliedmaths:

I had to reply this...

From management trainee > Executive > Senior Executive > Assistant Manager.

For someone that's considered fast in the industry it takes a minimum of 2 years in between.
Where I work, someone got 7 promotions in a period of 8 years.

Anything is possible Sir, you just have to claim the glory of others, I am talking about the person I know.

1 Like

Re: How I Moved From Management Trainee To Assistant Manager Within 4 Years. by deepwater(f): 10:19pm On Jun 18, 2022
You started as a management trainee
That is an accelerated program to become an assistant manager.

Usually it takes 3 years for most accelerated traning programs.

So what is the news here ?

5 Likes

Re: How I Moved From Management Trainee To Assistant Manager Within 4 Years. by Appliedmaths(m): 10:20pm On Jun 18, 2022
Connected1:

Where I work, someone got 7 promotions in a period of 8 years.

Anything is possible Sir, you just have to claim the glory of others, I am talking about the person I know.

This is highly possible. There are high flyers, you only see them once in a blue moon.

I can also bet that some other people have been on one position for the past 5 years in the same organization. So the question is, what did A do and B did not?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How I Moved From Management Trainee To Assistant Manager Within 4 Years. by majemuoluwa45075: 10:21pm On Jun 18, 2022
Good oneGood one...
Re: How I Moved From Management Trainee To Assistant Manager Within 4 Years. by 100PercentNaija: 10:22pm On Jun 18, 2022
Inspiring.
Re: How I Moved From Management Trainee To Assistant Manager Within 4 Years. by excess4luv: 10:26pm On Jun 18, 2022
Donvictor2015:

I studied electrical/electronics engineering. Lost my teaching job during the covid-19 scourge. I have been at home since march 2020. I've been trying to get another job but all efforts proved abortive. What can you advise me on? I would have loved starting a business but I don't have the capital at the moment... So, indebted at the moment. Believe me, life is really hard on me

You studied a very useful and vast course, choose a path in the course and develop yourself, it will put food on your table.

I studied same course, I do alot with it. Electrical installation, intercom, CCTV, solar/inverter, alittle of machines, electronic repairs, satellite dish installation, still undergoing training on complete networking. I have passion for telecommunications.

Go get a skill.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Moved From Management Trainee To Assistant Manager Within 4 Years. by Connected1: 10:32pm On Jun 18, 2022
Appliedmaths:

This is highly possible. There are high flyers, you only see them once in a blue moon.

I can also bet that some other people have been on one position for the past 5 years in the same organization. So the question is, what did A do and B did not?
25 years sir not 5 years.

I know people who have been in the same position for up to 30 years.

Well I am not the one to answer what Mr. A do that Mr. B did not do

grin
Re: How I Moved From Management Trainee To Assistant Manager Within 4 Years. by Appliedmaths(m): 10:37pm On Jun 18, 2022
Connected1:

25 years sir not 5 years.

I know people who have been in the same position for up to 30 years.

Well I am not the one to answer what Mr. A do that Mr. B did not do

grin

I guess we all need to stick to Mr A eh! grin
Re: How I Moved From Management Trainee To Assistant Manager Within 4 Years. by RealPMer(m): 10:40pm On Jun 18, 2022
Thanks a million for this God bless

Meanwhile, my advice to young graduates reading this, don't let depression kill you in the name of struggling to get a job or a good paying job. Sometimes challenge yourself, derail from the main track of job hunting and look for personal development.

Let's be realistic, no matter how good and skilled you are in Nigeria, the saddest truth is that not all graduates will secure a job to even talk of getting their dream job or a well paying job, so knowing this sad reality, what do you do? Die of depression that you can't find a job while your mates are getting good jobs? No!

What then is the solution? Entrepreneurship!

Starting your own business may sound impossible as a graduate with no startup capital, but I tell you, if you have the right skills (not really in your discipline of study), you will laugh last more than thosd your mates that got big paying jobs at first. You will become an envy of others. I speak as a living testimony.

Internet technology and social media are very great tools to Kickstart your entrepreneurship journey.

Don't focus all your time, energy and resources looking for a job or for a well paying job, create one, it is possible. If i could do it, then any other Nigerian youth out there with ambition and zeal can do it.

Don't be shy to become a cobler as a Law Graduate. Don't be shy to become a fashion designer as a graduate Accountant. Don't say its shameful that your mates are working with Mobil while you are still struggling to start a baking business. Be focused in whatever you find doing and be proud of it. Be innovative and be distinctive. Distinguish your business and handwork. Be honest. Have integrity and deliver solution to your customers.

It doesn't matter how you started but how you end up is what matters most. You will be discouraged, downcasted and feel like giving up sometimes but don't give up. Consistency is key to building grear business empire and brand.

I will stop here.

[/quote]

1 Like

Re: How I Moved From Management Trainee To Assistant Manager Within 4 Years. by Yoighaman(m): 10:41pm On Jun 18, 2022
Jump ships! What did the OP say? Jump ships!

It's one of the fastest ways to rise in any industry.
Re: How I Moved From Management Trainee To Assistant Manager Within 4 Years. by slinkygomez(m): 10:42pm On Jun 18, 2022
Abeg give me link up I Dey find work
Re: How I Moved From Management Trainee To Assistant Manager Within 4 Years. by AlfaSeltzer(m): 10:42pm On Jun 18, 2022
Don't let this nairaland motivational speaker harm your career.

You will just read this and go and jump ship expecting 100% salary increase. Na your family go suffer o!

5 Likes

Re: How I Moved From Management Trainee To Assistant Manager Within 4 Years. by Kenmatt(m): 10:43pm On Jun 18, 2022
You made a vital point

You said you'r not bragging.

But, indirectly you're bragging.

1 Like

Re: How I Moved From Management Trainee To Assistant Manager Within 4 Years. by OtopDesign(m): 10:43pm On Jun 18, 2022
Ameduedwin:
What did you share now, I can even picture any thing from you wright up, the deadline is deferent from the topic.

I tot I was the only one

1 Like

Re: How I Moved From Management Trainee To Assistant Manager Within 4 Years. by RexEmmyGee: 10:49pm On Jun 18, 2022
My go check comment section. Ican Money no won drop
Re: How I Moved From Management Trainee To Assistant Manager Within 4 Years. by Yoighaman(m): 10:54pm On Jun 18, 2022
Donvictor2015:

I studied electrical/electronics engineering. Lost my teaching job during the covid-19 scourge. I have been at home since march 2020. I've been trying to get another job but all efforts proved abortive. What can you advise me on? I would have loved starting a business but I don't have the capital at the moment... So, indebted at the moment. Believe me, life is really hard on me

If life is hard on you; look at life in the face and be hard on it in return.

Stop sitting down at home and keep complaining of not having a job, there are businesses everywhere, managed by people who want to increase their sales. Approach a couple of them and go and sell their products on their behalf, either for a commission or by adding a margin. You can 'blow' big time in a short period of time.

Let me give you an idea, you have a smart phone, you see all those guys selling cars, approach them, take pictures of their cars, go online (maybe Instagram), be posting it there that you are now a car dealer, before you realize it, you will receive your first order, and referrals will begin to pour in, in less than 2 years, you will become a millionaire, now did you use any capital to do that?

It might not necessarily be cars, it could be anything, just sell other people's products, especially online, offline too is OK. Those guys you see in traffic, you think they all own those wares? Nah.

Let me stop here, use your tongue to count your teeth.

Best wishes.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Moved From Management Trainee To Assistant Manager Within 4 Years. by Elsueno: 10:57pm On Jun 18, 2022
In summary

Connection

lobbying

prayerful

be smart

&

Ready to run away from Ur current job when they get in on hard times or u see something better
Re: How I Moved From Management Trainee To Assistant Manager Within 4 Years. by koyyess: 11:02pm On Jun 18, 2022
Ok.

Na your market dey sell now.

Enjoy.
Re: How I Moved From Management Trainee To Assistant Manager Within 4 Years. by anzaku47(m): 11:04pm On Jun 18, 2022
Thanks Op.
But how do I cope with a nature of work that hides my glory and opportunities.
I studied one of the Agricultural related course and got to be a supervisor in a farm.
My work mandated me to stay within the farm with no break and time for myself or even to meet people and build networks.
How do I progress sef.
I can't resign no work outside.
At times I do regret studying Agriculture as a course. I feel like tearing the certificate sef.

1 Like

Re: How I Moved From Management Trainee To Assistant Manager Within 4 Years. by EkelediliBuhari: 11:23pm On Jun 18, 2022
Sounds commendable but impossible even if your brother or father is the Md

Well also you failed to mention the industry so I can’t make an infallible impute
Re: How I Moved From Management Trainee To Assistant Manager Within 4 Years. by effido666: 11:38pm On Jun 18, 2022
Hndrrxxx:
undecidedKeep all your baloneys, I only came fr the bread

undecided
He's lucky that his firm respects hard work and promotions unlike some that wil b happy to make u crawl like a snail even when u are hard working ......Congrats to u
Re: How I Moved From Management Trainee To Assistant Manager Within 4 Years. by 3seriez(m): 12:11am On Jun 19, 2022
Appliedmaths:
I'm posting this to encourage someone out there.

My job hunting days started here on NL, in fact I got my first two (2) jobs here on NL after which recommendations and reputation opened more doors for me.

Which multinational? or Industry if you don't want to divulge.
Re: How I Moved From Management Trainee To Assistant Manager Within 4 Years. by Asour: 12:12am On Jun 19, 2022
Appliedmaths:
I'm posting this to encourage someone out there.

My job hunting days started here on NL, in fact I got my first two (2) jobs here on NL after which recommendations and reputation opened more doors for me. There was one award I won in the job hunting section as the nairalander that crashes every job thread or something like that I can't remember grin

Below are what have been working for me so far.

Choose a career in the right industry
Simply put, "e get some kind work wey I no fit do."

I'm a very calculative person, I was kinda selective during my early days because I knew where the money was. I also understand that you have to start little, but no matter how little please don't settle for the low tier industries.

You will be behind in all facets of life, trust me on this one.

Competence
Nobody in life except your parents will be attracted to you if you don't have anything to bring to the table. Organizations will beg to have you and also dance to your terms when you have the right skill set to get the job done.

Under this point, I'll also add smartwork and personal development.

Networking with the right people
Do not hide under a rock, simply put do not hide behind your desk from January to December.

Go out and meet the people you exchange emails with, put names to faces. Have their whatsApp numbers and connect. They know you're competent, they'll be more than happy to have you on their team or strongly refer you .

You must jump ships
Make I use pidgin talk this one, dem no dey stay one place rise to the top. The people you met there will suppress you.

The people I left in my former places of work cannot lace my shoes right now. Please I am not bragging, I'm just stating the facts.

Jumping ships attract at least 40-60% and sometimes 100%+ salary increase and also position. So you decide where you'll pitch your tent.

The first 2 points will help you jump ships at your own will and terms.

On the other hand, don't jump ships too often.

The BIG God factor
As a Christian, I cannot overemphasize this. You're not the most hardworking or brilliant mind out there, in my career journey I see people with higher qualifications than me that are way behind and I ask myself many questions.

It will pay you to run with the grace of God, believe me on this one. I attend some interviews and I ask myself if this is an interview or a hangout. There was one I attended the top two officers were asking and answering themselves questions that was meant for me grin.

Or how do you explain when you'll put all your life problems in your salary demand (which is higher than the industry standard by 30% or so) and the company will agree 100%. Last I checked you're not the only one in the market.

I'm still on my journey, but I just feel led to share this to encourage someone out there.

Nice but generic & cryptic.

Also very impersonal.

Thanks nonetheless. We (Nigerians) never really share the 'in' details.

3 Likes

Re: How I Moved From Management Trainee To Assistant Manager Within 4 Years. by DATAPLUG247(m): 12:42am On Jun 19, 2022
WE SELL CHEAP INTERNET DATA FOR ALL NETWORK::

100 percent legit �

MTN..1GB =#350
MTN..2GB=#600
MTN..3GB=#850
MTN..4GB=#1150
MTN..5GB=#1400
MTN..6GB=#1700
MTN..7GB=#2000
MTN..10GB=#2700

WhatsApp:07037566145
Re: How I Moved From Management Trainee To Assistant Manager Within 4 Years. by piagbara: 12:48am On Jun 19, 2022
LoneWolf200:
Congrats Man; you are right about what you wrote up there but it maynot work for everybody in life, as competent & smart working some pple are yet life is just unfair to them, coined this from physical experience.However, itz always good to try one's best than not trying at all.

Peace.

You are very right.
Re: How I Moved From Management Trainee To Assistant Manager Within 4 Years. by Nobody: 12:49am On Jun 19, 2022
excess4luv:

You studied a very useful and vast course, choose a path in the course and develop yourself, it will put food on your table.

I studied same course, I do alot with it. Electrical installation, intercom, CCTV, solar/inverter, alittle of machines, electronic repairs, satellite dish installation, still undergoing training on complete networking. I have passion for telecommunications.

Go get a skill.

Very good advice
Re: How I Moved From Management Trainee To Assistant Manager Within 4 Years. by Andiong: 1:41am On Jun 19, 2022
The right up is completely different from the topic itself. I thought I am only the one that notice it.

1 Like

Re: How I Moved From Management Trainee To Assistant Manager Within 4 Years. by decent2(m): 1:57am On Jun 19, 2022
Abeg I need help i never chop since two day now I be student and also dey sick abeg Even na 5h Fidelity bank 6011407259

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Daniel Joshua Reveals Why He Returned 3 Months N-Power Stipends / Which Company(ies) Takes Their Staffs Abroad For Training? / Ada Mike‎, Lady Who Assembles Keke Napep In Anambra State (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.