Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,513 members, 7,819,857 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:37 AM

How I Moved From Management Trainee To Assistant Manager Within 4 Years. - Career (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / How I Moved From Management Trainee To Assistant Manager Within 4 Years. (32376 Views)

Is It Right Or Wrong For The Trainee To Kneel Before Collecting Her Certificate? / Insecurty: Call To Bar Moved From Law School / Peace Ibekwe Abdallah Promoted To Assistant IG Of Police. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How I Moved From Management Trainee To Assistant Manager Within 4 Years. by winterwind(m): 4:11pm On Jun 19, 2022
Hehehe, I like people like you, your friends can't lace your shoe laces?? Wait until life hits you hard and you beg to lace theirs, the race ain't for the Swift Mann, not a competition, do shit at your own pace and don't compare shit, just because you got a role with a fancy name doesn't make you worth shit, your position and accomplishments in life is for you and your family alone, nobody gives a fucck, bringing shit up our nose about how well you doing, and that makes you a man of value?, hehehe. Wait how much you get? You don build house? You get inheritance worth millions? You fit feed your street for one week? They calm down you hear, men with doings don't bring shit up people's nose and this post wasn't meant to inspire, it was only meant to compound you frail ego.....Mr asst manager.
Re: How I Moved From Management Trainee To Assistant Manager Within 4 Years. by Bbbw: 4:12pm On Jun 19, 2022
Really
Re: How I Moved From Management Trainee To Assistant Manager Within 4 Years. by professore(m): 4:26pm On Jun 19, 2022
Nice one
Re: How I Moved From Management Trainee To Assistant Manager Within 4 Years. by Truth234(m): 4:33pm On Jun 19, 2022
bilo1:
You make it appear so easy,not everyone is that lucky...Anyway more power to your elbow.

You called luck, I called it God's grace.
Re: How I Moved From Management Trainee To Assistant Manager Within 4 Years. by Saintmary(f): 7:20pm On Jun 19, 2022
Appliedmaths:
I'm posting this to encourage someone out there.

My job hunting days started here on NL, in fact I got my first two (2) jobs here on NL after which recommendations and reputation opened more doors for me. There was one award I won in the job hunting section as the nairalander that crashes every job thread or something like that I can't remember grin

Below are what have been working for me so far.

Choose a career in the right industry
Simply put, "e get some kind work wey I no fit do."

I'm a very calculative person, I was kinda selective during my early days because I knew where the money was. I also understand that you have to start little, but no matter how little please don't settle for the low tier industries.

You will be behind in all facets of life, trust me on this one.

Competence
Nobody in life except your parents will be attracted to you if you don't have anything to bring to the table. Organizations will beg to have you and also dance to your terms when you have the right skill set to get the job done.

Under this point, I'll also add smartwork and personal development.

Networking with the right people
Do not hide under a rock, simply put do not hide behind your desk from January to December.

Go out and meet the people you exchange emails with, put names to faces. Have their whatsApp numbers and connect. They know you're competent, they'll be more than happy to have you on their team or strongly refer you .

You must jump ships
Make I use pidgin talk this one, dem no dey stay one place rise to the top. The people you met there will suppress you.

The people I left in my former places of work cannot lace my shoes right now. Please I am not bragging, I'm just stating the facts.

Jumping ships attract at least 40-60% and sometimes 100%+ salary increase and also position. So you decide where you'll pitch your tent.

The first 2 points will help you jump ships at your own will and terms.

On the other hand, don't jump ships too often.

The BIG God factor
As a Christian, I cannot overemphasize this. You're not the most hardworking or brilliant mind out there, in my career journey I see people with higher qualifications than me that are way behind and I ask myself many questions.

It will pay you to run with the grace of God, believe me on this one. I attend some interviews and I ask myself if this is an interview or a hangout. There was one I attended the top two officers were asking and answering themselves questions that was meant for me grin.

Or how do you explain when you'll put all your life problems in your salary demand (which is higher than the industry standard by 30% or so) and the company will agree 100%. Last I checked you're not the only one in the market.

I'm still on my journey, but I just feel led to share this to encourage someone out there.

I love the jumping ship part.

I didn't read everything but, thanks.
Re: How I Moved From Management Trainee To Assistant Manager Within 4 Years. by Pussyassasin(m): 7:24pm On Jun 19, 2022
suliyatu:

do you love doing what your monika says?

Asking for my colleague at work...
of course I do smiley do you need my services?
Re: How I Moved From Management Trainee To Assistant Manager Within 4 Years. by OdogwuBlog: 9:06pm On Jun 19, 2022
Appliedmaths:

My job hunting days started here on NL, in fact I got my first two (2) jobs here on NL after which recommendations and reputation opened more doors for me. There was one award I won in the job hunting section as the nairalander that crashes every job thread or something like that I can't remember grin

Below are what have been working for me so far. Top

I'm a very calculative person, I was kinda selective during my early days because I knew where the money was. I also understand that you have to start little, but no matter how little please don't settle for the low tier industries.

Competence
Nobody in life except your parents will be attracted to you if you don't have anything to bring to the table. Organizations will beg to have you and also dance to your terms when you have the right skill set to get the job done.

Do not hide under a rock, simply put do not hide behind your desk from January to December.

Go out and meet the people you exchange emails with, put names to faces. Have their whatsApp numbers and connect. They know you're competent, they'll be more than happy to have you on their team or strongly refer you .

You must jump ships
Make I use pidgin talk this one, dem no dey stay one place rise to the top. The people you met there will suppress you.

The people I left in my former places of work cannot lace my shoes right now. Please I am not bragging, I'm just stating the facts.

Jumping ships attract at least 40-60% and sometimes 100%+ salary increase and also position. So you decide where you'll pitch your tent.

The BIG God factor
As a Christian, I cannot overemphasize this. You're not the most hardworking or brilliant mind out there, in my career journey I see people with higher qualifications than me that are way behind and I ask myself many questions.

It will pay you to run with the grace of God, believe me on this one. I attend some interviews and I ask myself if this is an interview or a hangout. There was one I attended the top two officers were asking and answering themselves questions that was meant for me grin.

Or how do you explain when you'll put all your life problems in your salary demand (which is higher than the industry standard by 30% or so) and the company will agree 100%. Last I checked you're not the only one in the market.

I'm still on my journey, but I just feel led to share this to encourage someone out there.

Re: How I Moved From Management Trainee To Assistant Manager Within 4 Years. by aariwa(m): 4:14pm On Jun 20, 2022
Appliedmaths:

Below are what have been working for me so far.

Competence

You must jump ships

The BIG God factor

Re: How I Moved From Management Trainee To Assistant Manager Within 4 Years. by Bellediva1: 12:06pm On Jun 21, 2022
If you are a startup owner/ HR manager, you're well aware of the hassles of managing people, no matter the number.

This Saturday, 25th June by 11am, we'd be talking about: 5 Steps to HR Structuring and Engineering for startups �

Our trainer is none other Olasemeji Olumide who is a Business
Management, Organization Structure & Policy formulation and Human Resources & Organizational Ethics professional. Over the years, he has identified an organization's major and complex resources to be Human Resources, and he specializes in blending Staffing with Employee well-being and Mental Health Balance.

As a one-person team in HR, you have to make sure you have a handle on hiring, payroll, benefits, onboarding, and training.

This training will empower you to make the right decision, use the right tools and set attainable goals for your company.

Here's the link for registration: https:///BHSHRstructuring

�������� �� ����, ��� ������������ �� ��������

This training is brought to you by Brown HR Solution, hosted by Nwannukwu Stephanie

Re: How I Moved From Management Trainee To Assistant Manager Within 4 Years. by miqos02(m): 9:52pm On Jul 02, 2022
Donvictor2015:

I studied electrical/electronics engineering. Lost my teaching job during the covid-19 scourge. I have been at home since march 2020. I've been trying to get another job but all efforts proved abortive. What can you advise me on? I would have loved starting a business but I don't have the capital at the moment... So, indebted at the moment. Believe me, life is really hard on me
start tutorial classes
Give free lectures on your WhatsApp, Instagram and Facebook status. Then ask people to contact you for more private tutorials.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ada Mike‎, Lady Who Assembles Keke Napep In Anambra State (Photos) / Pregnant Lady Fetches Water For A Living At A Construction Site In Abuja / Which Company(ies) Takes Their Staffs Abroad For Training?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.