Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,193 members, 7,822,024 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:09 AM

Umahi Visits Wike In Port Harcourt - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Umahi Visits Wike In Port Harcourt (64878 Views)

Umahi Visits Wike Again (Pictures) / Obaseki Visits Wike At Rivers State Government House, Port Harcourt / Atiku Abubakar Personally Visits Wike After He 'Stormed Out Of Venue'. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Umahi Visits Wike In Port Harcourt by Rivguydee(m): 10:23pm On Jun 19, 2022
jimyjames:

My friend, you are not being truthful to yourself, the bight of Biafra is not an ijaw name, it's a Portuguese name, they named the surrounding water at the coast of eastern Nigeria the bight of Biafra, it was changed to the bight of Bonney after the civil war to get rid of the name Biafra , the name was suggested to ojukwu by an ijaw elder Frank opigo when the elite's of eastern Region from all tribes met at Enugu and mandated ojukwu to declare Biafra

The name Isaac Boro gave when the ijaws were agitating was niger Delta Republic, Isaac Boro was a student in university of Nigeria nsukka at that time
You are the one not truthful to yourself. The name was never suggested to Ojukwu. It was a name the minorities of the Eastern Region planned using for theirselves to secede. Ojukwu stole the name. That’s the truth.
Re: Umahi Visits Wike In Port Harcourt by Ijoh(m): 10:24pm On Jun 19, 2022
jimyjames:

Hold him responsible for what exactly? Biafra fought for independent and lost which is normal in all civil wars, it's not like the ijaws are enjoying more than other tribes in the former eastern Region , so why hold Frank responsible?

But Ijaws are not going for Biafra even when una claim say an Ijaw give una d name
Re: Umahi Visits Wike In Port Harcourt by Rivguydee(m): 10:25pm On Jun 19, 2022
VHILL:

He spoke the truth.
WIKE is loved by entire south-south including me
You dey mind these propagandist Easterners?
Re: Umahi Visits Wike In Port Harcourt by Rivguydee(m): 10:26pm On Jun 19, 2022
Ijoh:

But Ijaws are not going for Biafra even when una claim say an Ijaw give una d name
Asin ehm!! If we were for you guys then, what would make us change our minds now?? Av told the guy not to deceive himself
Re: Umahi Visits Wike In Port Harcourt by DonProphet: 10:28pm On Jun 19, 2022
Umahi must have been sent by APC guys for this journey. Wike is a very powerful force and factor in PDP. This is a man who has been carrying the party since 2015. Wike personally went to Edo state, committed his time, money and great risk to stop APC from what just happened in Ekiti state. Why, even Obaseke he retained his political life, conspiring against him? The greatest mistake Atiku and PDP made is not to pick Wike as the vice presidential candidate. Wike is a force, Wike maybe asset to Tinubu and co.
Re: Umahi Visits Wike In Port Harcourt by jimyjames(m): 10:29pm On Jun 19, 2022
Ijoh:

Well things have changed no doubt, we have ijaw republic agitators, we have akwa ibom agitators Biafra is now an igbo agitation no doubt about that, when the time comes everyone will answer his fathers name, at least we igbos have 5 states to our name right now ijaw has only one state which is the smallest state by population in Nigeria
Re: Umahi Visits Wike In Port Harcourt by jimyjames(m): 10:35pm On Jun 19, 2022
Rivguydee:

You are the one not truthful to yourself. The name was never suggested to Ojukwu. It was a name the minorities of the Eastern Region planned using for theirselves to secede. Ojukwu stole the name. That’s the truth.
The minorities never came together to plan a succession it never happened, Isaac Boro's niger Delta Republic happened between him and a handful of his ijaw brothers and it lasted only for 12 days , do you know how many minority tribes are in the former eastern Region? , you are speaking without facts
Re: Umahi Visits Wike In Port Harcourt by Jsaviour(f): 10:44pm On Jun 19, 2022
Oghene1st:

Igbo love who? Inconsequential people.

Can we stop all these tribal fights and work towards good governance for Nigeria?

No group or region is inconsequential and no group or region can claim sole reason for candidate win
Re: Umahi Visits Wike In Port Harcourt by Jsaviour(f): 10:49pm On Jun 19, 2022
PaChukwudi44:

No allow them to deceive themselves.Wike became politically finished after the oyigbo massacre.

Rivers PDP Candidates will suffer in the next general elections

This your bragging don too much.

You claim Igbo's voted for Wike how come you couldn't produce same huge figures in the south East?

Stop claiming what you are not

Wike had the support of Rivers people and some other south south people.

Wike shot himself on the foot by fighting virtually everybody and not because of any obigbo massacre.

I'm Igbo and I can tell you that your votes wasn't what gave Wike victory.

Igbo's may have voted for him then but remember that few Igbo's are interested in elections before now.

So calm down
Re: Umahi Visits Wike In Port Harcourt by Rivguydee(m): 10:51pm On Jun 19, 2022
jimyjames:

The minorities never came together to plan a succession it never happened, Isaac Boro's niger Delta Republic happened between him and a handful of his ijaw brothers and it lasted only for 12 days , do you know how many minority tribes are in the former eastern Region? , you are speaking without facts
When I say minorities I never meant just Ijaws. The fact is we’re the majority in this said minority so I just said Ijaws. Bendel, Efik, Ibibio, Ogoni, Eleme, itshekiri, Ogbia, Ogba, Ikwerre are all part. What I mean come together is they were in support of the movement like they are NOW
Re: Umahi Visits Wike In Port Harcourt by jimyjames(m): 11:07pm On Jun 19, 2022
Rivguydee:

When I say minorities I never meant just Ijaws. The fact is we’re the majority in this said minority so I just said Ijaws. Bendel, Efik, Ibibio, Ogoni, Eleme, itshekiri, Ogbia, Ogba, Ikwerre are all part. What I mean come together is they were in support of the movement like they are NOW
And I repeat, there was no time the minority in eastern Region came together to agree on a secession, and none of these minority tribes supported Isaac boro's agitation for niger Delta Republic, and even now, when the Midwest now divided into Delta State and Edo state were separated from the Western Region they were talks about creating 2 to 3 separate states in eastern region to accommodate the minority according to their tribes and that was exactly what Gowon did, he created east central state for the igbos, he created South East state for which was later divided to akwa ibom and cross river, then he created rivers state which later bayasal state was created removing the ijaw majority from rivers living rivers state with only minority tribes

Edo and Delta, Midwest region was changed to bendel they were never part of eastern Region
Re: Umahi Visits Wike In Port Harcourt by mayoricid: 11:48pm On Jun 19, 2022
Two victims �
Re: Umahi Visits Wike In Port Harcourt by Danniedpastor(m): 11:50pm On Jun 19, 2022
TheOgaBoss:
oga go and speak for se, obi will not win any SS state.

In your mind.
I'm not from South East neither do I reside there. But, as for SS take my words to the bank, it won't bounce.
Re: Umahi Visits Wike In Port Harcourt by Rivguydee(m): 12:49am On Jun 20, 2022
jimyjames:

And I repeat, there was no time the minority in eastern Region came together to agree on a secession, and none of these minority tribes supported Isaac boro's agitation for niger Delta Republic, and even now, when the Midwest now divided into Delta State and Edo state were separated from the Western Region they were talks about creating 2 to 3 separate states in eastern region to accommodate the minority according to their tribes and that was exactly what Gowon did, he created east central state for the igbos, he created South East state for which was later divided to akwa ibom and cross river, then he created rivers state which later bayasal state was created removing the ijaw majority from rivers living rivers state with only minority tribes

Edo and Delta, Midwest region was changed to bendel they were never part of eastern Region
Wrong facts. I never said Bendel was part of Eastern region even. The Ijaw tribe cut across their region so they were in with us in the struggle like it is now. Hehehe none of the minorities supported Isaac Boro?? Lolz where do you get your facts from? So if they tell you now that South South wants to be with South East in the Biafra thingy now you’ll agree? And you think it’s a decision South South took now?
Re: Umahi Visits Wike In Port Harcourt by Dpaulie(m): 1:47am On Jun 20, 2022
PaChukwudi44:

Lol Even in that Akwa ibom that you claimed Akpabio was popular did he even win a single councillor seat for the APC?

Wike has offended the Igbos, Ogonis and most recently Ijaws so how exactly is he popular?

He has even gone to insult the Edo state Governor and you claim he is popular in Edo? How exactly?

Where exactly is his major support base?
The way u people make your political calculation marvels me.... how or why did he win edo in the primary
Re: Umahi Visits Wike In Port Harcourt by swissgoldenpro2: 5:25am On Jun 20, 2022
No permanent friends no permanent enemies
Re: Umahi Visits Wike In Port Harcourt by Ijoh(m): 6:50am On Jun 20, 2022
jimyjames:

Well things have changed no doubt, we have ijaw republic agitators, we have akwa ibom agitators Biafra is now an igbo agitation no doubt about that, when the time comes everyone will answer his fathers name, at least we igbos have 5 states to our name right now ijaw has only one state which is the smallest state by population in Nigeria
Lie.

Igbo's are not larger than Ijaw in population.

Where Ijaw occupy is as big as Igbo land.

False figure u propagate.
Re: Umahi Visits Wike In Port Harcourt by jimyjames(m): 7:48am On Jun 20, 2022
Ijoh:

Lie.

Igbo's are not larger than Ijaw in population.

Where Ijaw occupy is as big as Igbo land.

False figure u propagate.

I'm not here to argue on who has the largest population cause everyone knows who has the largest population, I'm simply saying we igbos at least have a whole region to ourselves with 5 states, the ijaws have only bayelsa to themselves and bayelsa is the smallest state by population with just 8 local government even ebonyi is 3 times more populated then bayelsa , the allocation we receive from oil revenue in our five states is bigger than what the ijaws who claim to have the oil receive , so Biafra or not we igbos are benefiting from one Nigeria more than any tribe in the former eastern Region
Re: Umahi Visits Wike In Port Harcourt by Ijoh(m): 7:53am On Jun 20, 2022
jimyjames:

I'm not here to argue on who has the largest population cause everyone knows who has the largest population, I'm simply saying we igbos at least have a whole region to ourselves with 5 states, the ijaws have only bayelsa to themselves and bayelsa is the smallest state by population with just 8 local government even ebonyi is 3 times more populated then bayelsa , the allocation we receive from oil revenue in our five states is bigger than what the ijaws who claim to have the oil receive , so Biafra or not we igbos are benefiting from one Nigeria more than any tribe in the former eastern Region

Stop getting yourself deceived.

Moving like vagabonds without home everywhere doesn't make Igbo more than Ijaw.

Stop getting deceived by your politically rigged false population figures.

Why haven't you been able to use it and become President

7th class citizens.
Re: Umahi Visits Wike In Port Harcourt by Gireiboy(m): 7:54am On Jun 20, 2022
Peacecore:
so southern Cameroon is Fulani bah.

Wetin man no hear for NL
How is JADA local government in Adamawa state southern Cameroon, besides every sensible person knows that 'Fulani's are spread in both West and Central Africa. What's your point exactly?
Re: Umahi Visits Wike In Port Harcourt by jimyjames(m): 7:58am On Jun 20, 2022
Rivguydee:

Wrong facts. I never said Bendel was part of Eastern region even. The Ijaw tribe cut across their region so they were in with us in the struggle like it is now. Hehehe none of the minorities supported Isaac Boro?? Lolz where do you get your facts from? So if they tell you now that South South wants to be with South East in the Biafra thingy now you’ll agree? And you think it’s a decision South South took now?
Yes I repeat the Niger Delta Republic was an idea of Isaac Boro and his ijaws brothers no other tribe from the other minorities joined him and it lasted just for 12 days, if Nigeria should break today as it is now, everyone will answer his fathers name, the ijaws will answer their name, the igbos will answer their name, the ogoni will answer their name, urhobo , Edo, Ibibio etc everyone will answer his fathers name there will be nothing like South South or South East
Re: Umahi Visits Wike In Port Harcourt by jimyjames(m): 8:04am On Jun 20, 2022
Ijoh:

Stop getting yourself deceived.

Moving like vagabonds without home everywhere doesn't make Igbo more than Ijaw.

Stop getting deceived by your politically rigged false population figures.

Why haven't you been able to use it and become President

7th class citizens.
I still repeat, in case you missed the first one
At least we igbos have a whole region to ourselves with 5 states receiving federal allocation the smallest of this igbo state is ebonyi and it's more populated than the only state ijaw have which is bayelsa state, we the igbos are benefiting from the one Nigeria more than any tribe in the old Eastern Region

1 Like

Re: Umahi Visits Wike In Port Harcourt by Rivguydee(m): 9:23am On Jun 20, 2022
jimyjames:

Yes I repeat the Niger Delta Republic was an idea of Isaac Boro and his ijaws brothers no other tribe from the other minorities joined him and it lasted just for 12 days, if Nigeria should break today as it is now, everyone will answer his fathers name, the ijaws will answer their name, the igbos will answer their name, the ogoni will answer their name, urhobo , Edo, Ibibio etc everyone will answer his fathers name there will be nothing like South South or South East
Lolx the only way to prove it to you rn is let Nigeria break so you see
Re: Umahi Visits Wike In Port Harcourt by Rivguydee(m): 9:25am On Jun 20, 2022
jimyjames:

I still repeat, in case you missed the first one
At least we igbos have a whole region to ourselves with 5 states receiving federal allocation the smallest of this igbo state is ebonyi and it's more populated than the only state ijaw have which is bayelsa state, we the igbos are benefiting from the one Nigeria more than any tribe in the old Eastern Region
Ijaw is in Bayelsa, Rivers, Delta, Ondo… No sleep on bike Oga
Re: Umahi Visits Wike In Port Harcourt by jimyjames(m): 10:11am On Jun 20, 2022
Rivguydee:

Ijaw is in Bayelsa, Rivers, Delta, Ondo… No sleep on bike Oga
Yes I know, but they are minority in those states the only state that belongs to ijaw is bayelsa and bayelsa is less than 2 million
Re: Umahi Visits Wike In Port Harcourt by jimyjames(m): 10:16am On Jun 20, 2022
Rivguydee:

Lolx the only way to prove it to you rn is let Nigeria break so you see
Even if Nigeria doesn't break ijaw is for ijaw, ogoni is for ogoni, igbo is for igbo, Ibibio is for Ibibio urhobo is urhobo, Edo is Edo, do you know why bayelsa was created? Bayelsa was created to carve the ijaw majority out of rivers state cause minority tribes like ogoni were afraid of ijaw dominating them, same way igbos were carved out to prevent igbos from dominating minorities in eastern Region
Re: Umahi Visits Wike In Port Harcourt by Nobody: 12:30pm On Jun 20, 2022
Chai Wkie don cool dowm, lost some weight.

Truly the devil you know is better than the angels you dont know.

Davel has once again proved the superiority of Ebonyi over Rivers.
Re: Umahi Visits Wike In Port Harcourt by Youlins: 1:31pm On Jun 20, 2022
You see politicians my brother, forget them oo. Make you no kill your self for them. Just few months ago, these two were roaring at each other today see na. Don't be deceived by their quarels
Re: Umahi Visits Wike In Port Harcourt by Peacecore: 1:32pm On Jun 20, 2022
bentenny:

I think the reverse is the case here because the one actually needing soft landing in a PDP dominated ebonyi is umahi!
yes now doubt that PDP dominated Ebonyi state but they ve been scattered. Dave is a very intelligent politician. He can't sit down and watch PDP facing him united hence their present confusion. Mark dis post. I don't like Nwifuru but he's d next governor of Ebonyi state, d same with Dave as senator Ebonyi south n many others in APC.
Re: Umahi Visits Wike In Port Harcourt by bentenny(m): 6:51pm On Jun 20, 2022
Peacecore:
yes now doubt that PDP dominated Ebonyi state but they ve been scattered. Dave is a very intelligent politician. He can't sit down and watch PDP facing him united hence their present confusion. Mark dis post. I don't like Nwifuru but he's d next governor of Ebonyi state, d same with Dave as senator Ebonyi south n many others in APC.
I have my doubt because the elements or politicians that constitute ebonyi are still in pdp and will align once election starts no matter their differences!
Remember there are no friends or enemies in politics but simply interested driven folks!
You must also consider that APC as a party is facing serious bashing and battering from all corners due to their obvious performance on the national stage and the states are not left out!
Dave will discover exactly what happened to akpabio after he made that move to APC!
We will wait and see what transpires as the months roll on!
Re: Umahi Visits Wike In Port Harcourt by Peacecore: 9:57pm On Jun 20, 2022
bentenny:

I have my doubt because the elements or politicians that constitute ebonyi are still in pdp and will align once election starts no matter their differences!
Remember there are no friends or enemies in politics but simply interested driven folks!
You must also consider that APC as a party is facing serious bashing and battering from all corners due to their obvious performance on the national stage and the states are not left out!
Dave will discover exactly what happened to akpabio after he made that move to APC!
We will wait and see what transpires as the months roll on!
Dave has handicapped the main opposition in Ebonyi. U maybe shocked to know that Dave maybe sponsoring a candidate in PDP. Dave can buy any politician he want to. He's a snake, coupled with brutality n conne
Re: Umahi Visits Wike In Port Harcourt by bentenny(m): 11:13pm On Jun 20, 2022
Peacecore:
Dave has handicapped the main opposition in Ebonyi. U maybe shocked to know that Dave maybe sponsoring a candidate in PDP. Dave can buy any politician he want to. He's a snake, coupled with brutality n conne
Lets wait and see...Election is no longer far!
I have heard worse chestbeatings esp from the likes of Akpabio after defection about Akwaibom being an APC state and said all the national assembly members will port with him...Till date, only a House of assembly member joined him to APC!
The next governorship and senatorial election will be a litmus test of Umahi's acclaimed popularity in Ebonyi state!

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Chidiogo Akunyili And David Andrew Parr Official Wedding Photos / Davido Rides On Bike To Celebrate Adeleke's Victory / How Aba Residents Hailed President Buhari When He Visited (photos, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.