Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,728 members, 7,816,995 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:29 PM

Why Do Religions Have Different Gods But One Satan - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do Religions Have Different Gods But One Satan (409 Views)

Why Do Religions Have Different Gods But Sam Satan / Why Do Religions Have Different God But Same Satan? / Why Do Religions Have Different Gods But THE SAME Satan?! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Religions Have Different Gods But One Satan by walkingshadow911: 10:00am On Jun 19, 2022
why do religions have different Gods but one Satan?? this question is begging for answer
Re: Why Do Religions Have Different Gods But One Satan by FERNANDEZISBACK: 10:02am On Jun 19, 2022
Belief in God is pretty universal in all religions excepting Buddhism and to a lesser extent Jainism..e.t.c..

Belief in Satan as a powerful adversary to God is restricted to Abrahamic religions and to a Satan like entity in Zoroastrianism...

Belief in Demons is similarly universal...however Indic and other Eastern religions view Demons as mostly bad with minor exceptions and they are not viewed irredeemably bad..but as entities capable of redemption...

The Abrahamic concept of God is that God is male and that Humans are created in his ...

So it can only be said about Abrahamic Religion not all tho..
By the way Religion is meant for the gullible who can't think for themself.. grin

1 Like

Re: Why Do Religions Have Different Gods But One Satan by wolesmile(m): 10:03am On Jun 19, 2022
Religions...

Which of the religions?
We have Judaism, Christianity, Islam, Buddhism, Shintoism, Taoism, Confucianism, Hare Krishna, Scientology, Janaism, Hinduism, Zoroastrianism, the Baha'i Faith, etc etc. There are very many of them. Accepted, they all have different concept of the supreme being. Even the traditional religions (every country and tribe have their traditional religions. English language dominance in world communication just forced the world to accept the word "God" as the universally accepted name for the supreme being. We might as well call him "Orisha"wink
But why will you think we have the same view about "Satan?"
Re: Why Do Religions Have Different Gods But One Satan by Cypress042(m): 10:07am On Jun 19, 2022
My brother devil na one God plenty grin grin
Re: Why Do Religions Have Different Gods But One Satan by pyyxxaro: 10:16am On Jun 19, 2022
Because there can only be one EKWENSU
Re: Why Do Religions Have Different Gods But One Satan by sms4sure(m): 10:35am On Jun 19, 2022
My opinion is that, It happened when God divide human being as we read in the bible by making them speak different language. Then, they all speak one language, culture and way of worshipping but when they are in their separate way, then separate and knowledge of God came in . But for Satan they all agreed he(she) is full of EVILS.
Re: Why Do Religions Have Different Gods But One Satan by Maynman: 11:16am On Jun 19, 2022
sms4sure:
My opinion is that, It happened when God divide human being as we read in the bible by making them speak different language. Then, they all speak one language, culture and way of worshipping but when they are in their separate way, then separate and knowledge of God came in . But for Satan they all agreed he(she) is full of EVILS.

Satan is just a title in Hebrew.
Lucifer in Hebrew mythology is the head of satans.
Esu is not satan.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Religions Have Different Gods But One Satan by Kobojunkie: 12:30pm On Jun 19, 2022
walkingshadow911:
why do religions have different Gods but one Satan??
this question is begging for answer
Stop perpetrating this lie. undecided
Re: Why Do Religions Have Different Gods But One Satan by Maynman: 12:32pm On Jun 19, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Stop perpetrating this lie. undecided

I tire for am, he doesn’t know esu is different from devil. And Yahweh is different from Eledumare.

Re: Why Do Religions Have Different Gods But One Satan by Jokerman(m): 2:46pm On Jun 19, 2022
FERNANDEZISBACK:
Belief in God is pretty universal in all religions excepting Buddhism and to a lesser extent Jainism..e.t.c..

Belief in Satan as a powerful adversary to God is restricted to Abrahamic religions and to a Satan like entity in Zoroastrianism...

Belief in Demons is similarly universal...however Indic and other Eastern religions view Demons as mostly bad with minor exceptions and they are not viewed irredeemably bad..but as entities capable of redemption...

The Abrahamic concept of God is that God is male and that Humans are created in his ...

By the way Religion is meant for the gullible who can't think for themself.. grin
This man
Re: Why Do Religions Have Different Gods But One Satan by RoyalDiadems: 2:51pm On Jun 19, 2022
FERNANDEZISBACK:

Who gave human beings the power to think for themselves? Do human beings actually own their own brains? Can they boost or degrade their brains anytime they want? Do they own their own lives? Can they decide either to live long or to die Young? Can they determine how tall or short they want to be in stature? Do human beings really own themselves? Do they have absolute control over their own fate? These questions too are begging for answers.
Re: Why Do Religions Have Different Gods But One Satan by FERNANDEZISBACK: 2:52pm On Jun 19, 2022
RoyalDiadems:

Who gave human beings the power to think for themselves? Do human beings actually own their own brains? Can they boost or degrade their brains anytime they want? Do they own their own lives? Can they decide either to live long or to die Young? Can they determine how tall or short they want to be in stature? Do human beings really own themselves? Do they have absolute control over their own fate? These questions too are begging for answers.
What's your question? grin
Re: Why Do Religions Have Different Gods But One Satan by RoyalDiadems: 2:55pm On Jun 19, 2022
FERNANDEZISBACK:

What's your question? grin

Re: Why Do Religions Have Different Gods But One Satan by FERNANDEZISBACK: 2:56pm On Jun 19, 2022
RoyalDiadems:

I repeat for the last time..what's your question?
Ain't a bot... wink
Re: Why Do Religions Have Different Gods But One Satan by RoyalDiadems: 2:59pm On Jun 19, 2022
FERNANDEZISBACK:

Ain't a bot... wink

I repeat my questions for you to answer. Be man enough to answer them:

Who gave human beings the power to think for themselves? Do human beings actually own their own brains? Can they boost or degrade their brains anytime they want? Do they own their own lives? Can they decide either to live long or to die Young? Can they determine how tall or short they want to be in stature? Do human beings really own themselves? Do they have absolute control over their own fate?
Re: Why Do Religions Have Different Gods But One Satan by RoyalDiadems: 2:59pm On Jun 19, 2022
FERNANDEZISBACK:

Ain't a bot... wink

I repeat my questions for the third time for you to answer. Be man enough to answer them:

Who gave human beings the power to think for themselves? Do human beings actually own their own brains? Can they boost or degrade their brains anytime they want? Do they own their own lives? Can they decide either to live long or to die Young? Can they determine how tall or short they want to be in stature? Do human beings really own themselves? Do they have absolute control over their own fate?
Re: Why Do Religions Have Different Gods But One Satan by FERNANDEZISBACK: 3:03pm On Jun 19, 2022
RoyalDiadems:

I repeat my questions for the third time for you to answer. Be man enough to answer them:

Your parent gave you a brain to think for yourself.. grin wink
Re: Why Do Religions Have Different Gods But One Satan by RoyalDiadems: 3:07pm On Jun 19, 2022
FERNANDEZISBACK:

Your parent gave you a brain to think for themself.. grin wink

Oh, you've answered one of the questions, howbeit indirectly. Your parents were the ones who gave you a brain? How did they do it. I want to know exactly how it came to be in their power to give you a brain. The other questions are still waiting for you:

(1) (Reply)

........... / How I Was Saved From Sango Attack By Jehovah / See The Only Prophet Thas Has Entered Lions Den And Played With Them

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.