Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,572 members, 7,812,855 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:46 PM

Unboxing My Onexplayer Mini AMD Edition - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Unboxing My Onexplayer Mini AMD Edition (2199 Views)

Unboxing My GPD Win 4, The World Smallest Handheld PC / Macbook Pro 16" 2021 M1 Pro Unboxing And Price / Unboxing My Canon EOS M6 Camera (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Unboxing My Onexplayer Mini AMD Edition by Immorttal: 10:57am On Jun 19, 2022
At the time I was building my work station last year, I stumbled upon the Onexplayer, a robust gaming pc.

The Onexplayer Mini is a handheld gaming computer with a 7 inch display, built-in game controllers, and Windows software that makes it possible to run many PC games.

I decided the powerful CPU and the portability would add more value to my productivity, so I made up my mind to purchase one.

Am not a game freak, I don't play games nowadays, but the idea of a handheld pc excites me, and I like the fact that finally, I can lay my hands on a CPU intensive unit that can handle the softwares on my system seamlessly and without intermittent hanging.

Though, the prices is not sympathetic at all.

the cheapest one is around $1200, while the top of the column would set you back $1500 plus, this houses 2TB memory.

I placed my order on 5th May 2022. Total cost was around $1206, including shipping. (720,000 in Naira)

The item was paid through Barter virtual card, so it costed me extra quid.

It was shipped through Aliexpress Standard Shipping.

Upon receiving the Onexplayer Mini on 18th May, I was impressed with the box. It has a minimalistic feel, with only orange and black shading on the box.

It is a very glossy design that invokes a level of elegance upon looking at it.

However, I was surprised by the bulky feel, it appeared virtually bigger than it was on the pictures.

It was the reason I went for the mini, didn't know it would barely fit in my pocket. And that was the purpose I ditched the keyboard and the protective bag not knowing it would be bigger in reality.

In hindsight, the only mistake I made was not going for the 8.4 inches model. It is bigger, and has a dock attached to it's back.

The ergonomic design of this dock comes with a 65 degree open angle, enabling you to place it on the desk or your lap while doing your task.

A month down the line, I can say I made the best decision on this gadget.

3 Likes

Re: Unboxing My Onexplayer Mini AMD Edition by Immorttal: 10:59am On Jun 19, 2022

Re: Unboxing My Onexplayer Mini AMD Edition by kkins25(m): 11:13am On Jun 19, 2022
Immorttal:
At the time I was building my work station last year, I stumbled upon the Onexplayer, a robust gaming pc.

The Onexplayer Mini is a handheld gaming computer with a 7 inch display, built-in game controllers, and Windows software that makes it possible to run many PC games.

I decided the powerful CPU and the portability would add more value to my productivity, so I made up my mind to purchase one.

Am not a game freak, I don't play games nowadays, but the idea of a handheld pc excites me, and I like the fact that finally, I can lay my hands on a CPU intensive unit that can handle the softwares on my system seamlessly and without intermittent hanging.

the cheapest one is around $1200, while the top of the column would set you back $1500 plus, this houses 2TB memory.

I placed my order on 5th May 2022. Total cost was around $1206, including shipping. (720,000 in Naira)

Upon receiving the Onexplayer Mini on 18th May, I was impressed with the box. It has a minimalistic feel, with only orange and black shading on the box.

However, I was surprised by the bulky feel, it appeared virtually bigger than it was on the pictures.

It was the reason I went for the mini, didn't know it would barely fit in my pocket. And that was the purpose I ditched the keyboard and the protective bag not knowing it would be bigger in reality.

In hindsight, the only mistake I made was not going for the 8.4 inches model. It is bigger, and has a dock attached to it's back.

The ergonomic design of this dock comes with a 65 degree open angle, enabling you to place it on the desk or your lap while doing your task.

Incredible, never heard of this before. How about the GPU though, or it's using integrated graphics? Since it's a Gaming device, i can't help but wonder how it handles the Heat.
Re: Unboxing My Onexplayer Mini AMD Edition by Immorttal: 11:19am On Jun 19, 2022
kkins25:

Incredible, never heard of this before. How about the GPU though, or it's using integrated graphics? Since it's a Gaming device, i can't help but wonder how it handles the Heat.
It has a built-in AMD Radeon RX 5700 Graphics.
Heat dissipation is top notch!

1 Like

Re: Unboxing My Onexplayer Mini AMD Edition by Immorttal: 11:20am On Jun 19, 2022
kkins25:

The Intel version can use egpu unlike the AMD version.
Re: Unboxing My Onexplayer Mini AMD Edition by kkins25(m): 11:25am On Jun 19, 2022
Immorttal:
wow!! For such a small device.. Wow!! Not to even mention the Ryzen 7 processor. It's technically a monster. shocked shocked shocked Gives me ideas for my next set of articles. grin grin
Re: Unboxing My Onexplayer Mini AMD Edition by kkins25(m): 11:31am On Jun 19, 2022
Immorttal:
The Intel version can use egpu unlike the AMD version.
But at a cost of increased cost. grin grin grin. some maybe the intel corei7 would even cost thrice the price. The 8core 16thread is no joke. That the equivalent of almost the 10th generation Corei7. I hope AMD chips are pushed into more and more laptops... I feel the same way about intel just as i feel about Apple. All that money for nothing out of the ordinary.

1 Like

Re: Unboxing My Onexplayer Mini AMD Edition by Immorttal: 11:40am On Jun 19, 2022
kkins25:
But at a cost of increased cost. grin grin grin. some maybe the intel corei7 would even cost thrice the price. The 8core 16thread is no joke. That the equivalent of almost the 10th generation Corei7. I hope AMD chips are pushed into more and more laptops... I feel the same way about intel just as i feel about Apple. All that money for nothing out of the ordinary.
I think there's a misinformation. The AMD version can use egpu also. What it doesn't have is Thunderbolt 4 like the Intel version.
They are actually same price, just that gamers prefers AMD version because of the stable drivers. Intel drivers are not too compatible on Windows 11, but downgrading to 10 would do the job.

The Intel version is the 11th generation Core 17 1195G7 though.
Both processors are thread rippers!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Unboxing My Onexplayer Mini AMD Edition by SimplePlan34: 12:01pm On Jun 19, 2022
Immorttal:
I think there's a misinformation. The AMD version can use egpu also. What it doesn't have is Thunderbolt 4 like the Intel version.
They are actually same price, just that gamers prefers AMD version because of the stable drivers. Intel drivers are not too compatible on Windows 11, but downgrading to 10 would do the job.

Threadripper is a branding of AMD high end desktop platform.
Re: Unboxing My Onexplayer Mini AMD Edition by Immorttal: 12:03pm On Jun 19, 2022
SimplePlan34:

Threadripper is a branding of AMD high end desktop platform.
Yeah, I only borrowed it wink

1 Like

Re: Unboxing My Onexplayer Mini AMD Edition by kkins25(m): 12:44pm On Jun 19, 2022
Immorttal:
Yeah, I only borrowed it wink
Pun intended you mean. Didn't catch it till now. grin grin grin
Re: Unboxing My Onexplayer Mini AMD Edition by Deicide: 7:21pm On Jun 19, 2022
700k+ for this stuff? Lord when?
Re: Unboxing My Onexplayer Mini AMD Edition by Immorttal: 6:39am On Jun 20, 2022
kkins25:
Pun intended you mean. Didn't catch it till now. grin grin grin
grin, lol, yeah.

1 Like

Re: Unboxing My Onexplayer Mini AMD Edition by kkins25(m): 12:22pm On Jul 02, 2022
Immorttal:
grin, lol, yeah.
Any idea how to get a Paypal in Africa??
Re: Unboxing My Onexplayer Mini AMD Edition by yemkoguru(m): 9:53pm On Jul 22, 2022
Immorttal:

RX 5700 keh grin
you wan killam ni?
Re: Unboxing My Onexplayer Mini AMD Edition by JohnnA1: 4:09pm On Nov 03, 2022
Immorttal:

The mini pro will start shipping on the 8th.

Though I'm still thinking which is better between the one x player and the steam deck.

So how's your experience with your machine bro?

Re: Unboxing My Onexplayer Mini AMD Edition by Immorttal: 5:24am On Nov 05, 2022
JohnnA1:
The mini pro will start shipping on the 8th.

Though I'm still thinking which is better between the one x player and the steam deck.

So how's your experience with your machine bro?
The Onexplayer is better than the Steamdeck. So far, it's amazing experience save from the failure of the curso sensor. But i got another from the company and replaced it myself.

Re: Unboxing My Onexplayer Mini AMD Edition by JohnnA1: 10:13am On Nov 05, 2022
Immorttal:
The Onexplayer is better than the Steamdeck. So far, it's amazing experience save from the failure of the curso sensor. But i got another from the company and replaced it myself.
Nice set up.

Looks better than a usual desktop gaming PC setup; love the free space.

I think I'll go for something similar though with a concave (curved outwardly) monitor wink

How's the gameplay like when you HDMI the X player to the monitor?

Smooth? Lags a bit?
Re: Unboxing My Onexplayer Mini AMD Edition by Msmither: 10:52pm On Nov 06, 2022
Steam deck rocks for me.
I play most games with little or no problems.
Re: Unboxing My Onexplayer Mini AMD Edition by Msmither: 8:11am On Nov 23, 2022
Immorttal:

Yo brother, I can get you any pc games keys at half official rate. Holla me if interested.

Re: Unboxing My Onexplayer Mini AMD Edition by JohnnA1: 11:07am On Dec 03, 2022
Msmither:
Steam deck rocks for me.
I play most games with little or no problems.
Apart from Valve games, can you play typical PC games like Days Gone, Cyber Punk 2077, MW 2, Crysis, Deep Space on your Steam Deck?
Can you post more pics of your Steam Deck (not internet) pics pls?
Re: Unboxing My Onexplayer Mini AMD Edition by Moneyboyz: 6:29pm On Dec 04, 2022
JohnnA1:
Apart from Valve games, can you play typical PC games like Days Gone, Cyber Punk 2077, MW 2, Crysis, Deep Space on your Steam Deck?
Can you post more pics of your Steam Deck (not internet) pics pls?

Hehe, this is my second acc. No internet pics as in I'm lying about owning a steam deck.

I currently have about 40 games that includes horizon zero dawn, hitman 3, shadow runner, far cry 6, god of war etc.

Re: Unboxing My Onexplayer Mini AMD Edition by Immorttal: 2:47pm On Jan 07, 2023
Msmither:

Yo brother, I can get you any pc games keys at half official rate. Holla me if interested.
am interested.
Re: Unboxing My Onexplayer Mini AMD Edition by Immorttal: 2:48pm On Jan 07, 2023
JohnnA1:
Nice set up.

Looks better than a usual desktop gaming PC setup; love the free space.

I think I'll go for something similar though with a concave (curved outwardly) monitor wink

How's the gameplay like when you HDMI the X player to the monitor?

Smooth? Lags a bit?
Never lags.
Re: Unboxing My Onexplayer Mini AMD Edition by Immorttal: 2:54pm On Jan 07, 2023
I got the new Onexplayer docking station and it was nice.

1 Like

Re: Unboxing My Onexplayer Mini AMD Edition by JohnnA1: 4:06pm On Jan 07, 2023
Immorttal:
Never lags.
Nice.... what wattage and graphic settings do you usually play your games?
Re: Unboxing My Onexplayer Mini AMD Edition by Immorttal: 4:59am On Jan 08, 2023
JohnnA1:
Nice.... what wattage and graphic settings do you usually play your games?
I don't usually play games with this. As am talking to you I only had one game installed (Fifa 21) which has expired. I play it through Origin monthly subscription. Would like to download and play more games. Which channel do you use?
Re: Unboxing My Onexplayer Mini AMD Edition by lawalsodiq234: 8:12pm On Jun 25, 2023
Immorttal:
Bros small small na rx5700 keh grin grin
Re: Unboxing My Onexplayer Mini AMD Edition by Immorttal: 9:05pm On Jun 25, 2023
lawalsodiq234:

Bros small small na rx5700 keh grin grin
I dont get.
Re: Unboxing My Onexplayer Mini AMD Edition by lawalsodiq234: 10:03am On Jun 28, 2023
Immorttal:
I dont get.
The onexplayer uses the AMD 680M APU
Re: Unboxing My Onexplayer Mini AMD Edition by lawalsodiq234: 10:04am On Jun 28, 2023
Immorttal:
I dont get.
Abeg which virtual card do you use to shop on AliExpress currently
Re: Unboxing My Onexplayer Mini AMD Edition by Immorttal: 2:40am On Jul 01, 2023
lawalsodiq234:

The onexplayer uses the AMD 680M APU
I guess it's a mistake, I had to look again to be sure. Thanks for the correction.

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Want Best Ups Circuit For My Computer / Which ISP Is Good For Cyber Cafe In Lagos? / I Can't Remember My Windows Server 2012 Password. Help!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.