Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,521 members, 7,819,876 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:38 AM

Competency Test: Kaduna State Sacks NUT President, 2,356 Other Teachers - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Competency Test: Kaduna State Sacks NUT President, 2,356 Other Teachers (23240 Views)

Kaduna State Sacks 4,562 Newly Recruited Teachers / Kaduna Teachers’ Competency Test: The Untold Story / Kaduna Releases List Of Teachers Who Scored 75% In Competency Test (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Competency Test: Kaduna State Sacks NUT President, 2,356 Other Teachers by oriewanbe: 9:50am On Jun 20, 2022
Man with no empathy. undecided
Re: Competency Test: Kaduna State Sacks NUT President, 2,356 Other Teachers by lagosrd: 10:14am On Jun 20, 2022
LienwaltAbel:

This is enough proof that Nigerians don't want change, they just want a government that will give them alms. Will you pay these incompetent teachers? The education sector is terrible, and incompetent teachers are part of the reason it is how it is.

I don't really like elrufai because of his stance on political issues but this man is one of the greatest minds in Nigeria. If not for him Abuja would have been a shitehole like enugu.

You need to be stable on issues on both governance and education be use the compliment one another. How can you say you don't like someone based on his political views and you claim his policies on education is good.

Please can you tell me any competent politician? Even hell rufai himself is a failure in
Security
Governance
Education
So because he vented his anger on the chairman of NUT who has been teaching and has produced who will be doing fine in life.
Re: Competency Test: Kaduna State Sacks NUT President, 2,356 Other Teachers by LienwaltAbel(m): 10:19am On Jun 20, 2022
lagosrd:

You need to be stable on issues on both governance and education be use the compliment one another. How can you say you don't like someone based on his political views and you claim his policies on education is good.

Please can you tell me any competent politician? Even hell rufai himself is a failure in
Security
Governance
Education
So because he vented his anger on the chairman of NUT who has been teaching and has produced who will be doing fine in life.
Politics and education are two totally different things Mr Man. Yes I admit that he is a colossal failure in KD, but if the guy can change his political and religious views, KD might change.

I honestly never knew that elrufai would become one of the worst things that has happened to Nigeria. Anyone who has been to abj to see how much this guy did would wonder if the slowpoke that is the governor of KD and the man that was minister of FCT then are one and the same.

1 Like

Re: Competency Test: Kaduna State Sacks NUT President, 2,356 Other Teachers by Nobody: 10:24am On Jun 20, 2022
lagosrd:

Security
Governance
Education

Would you want your child to be taught by any of the teachers that failed the competency test?

Be honest.
Re: Competency Test: Kaduna State Sacks NUT President, 2,356 Other Teachers by OmoOshodi(m): 10:41am On Jun 20, 2022
mfm04622:

How? What is the evidence of this? Do you even live in Kaduna? Or do you carry Kaduna on your head while ignoring issues facing your state?
ok
Re: Competency Test: Kaduna State Sacks NUT President, 2,356 Other Teachers by ultimateprof: 11:34am On Jun 20, 2022
This Kaduna state governor has done more harm thank good.
Re: Competency Test: Kaduna State Sacks NUT President, 2,356 Other Teachers by Nobody: 11:35am On Jun 20, 2022
ultimateprof:
This Kaduna state governor has done more harm thank good.

By sacking teachers who failed a competency test?

Would you agree to let your children be taught by the teachers that failed the competency test?
Re: Competency Test: Kaduna State Sacks NUT President, 2,356 Other Teachers by monerozi5590: 11:53am On Jun 20, 2022
subsidywise18:

Would you want your child to be taught by any of the teachers that failed the competency test?

Be honest.

Don't you think the pass mark is too high? 75 percent was the pass mark.
Re: Competency Test: Kaduna State Sacks NUT President, 2,356 Other Teachers by Nobody: 11:55am On Jun 20, 2022
monerozi5590:

Don't you think the pass mark is too high? 75 percent was the pass mark.

Nope.

At the end, the North needs better teachers. So that they can have better students, and so that eventually we can get rid of this whole 'North having lower cut off marks than the South' thing at Common entrance and JAMB level.
Re: Competency Test: Kaduna State Sacks NUT President, 2,356 Other Teachers by ojietu: 11:58am On Jun 20, 2022
The heading should be hell rufai sacks christian teachers
Re: Competency Test: Kaduna State Sacks NUT President, 2,356 Other Teachers by monerozi5590: 12:03pm On Jun 20, 2022
subsidywise18:

Nope.

At the end, the North needs better teachers. So that they can have better students, and so that eventually we can get rid of this whole 'North having lower cut off marks than the South' thing at Common entrance and JAMB level.

Lol. You are just saying. How can you pass examination on people and say people that score let say 50 to 74 failed the exam.
Where you graded like that when you were in the university?
Re: Competency Test: Kaduna State Sacks NUT President, 2,356 Other Teachers by Nobody: 12:06pm On Jun 20, 2022
monerozi5590:

Lol. You are just saying. How can you pass examination on people and say people that score let say 50 to 74 failed the exam.
Where you graded like that when you were in the university?

Maybe not, but at the end, most of the Kaduna teachers did pass the exam...159 were sacked because they failed it (the NUT chair was among a separate 2000 that refused to take the exam, and were sacked accordingly).

Personally, I think that it is better to have good teachers than to have bad teachers.

In Finland, you cannot teach children until you have a masters in education (unlike Nigeria where you need NCE to be let loose in the classroom). Oversabi? Yes. Too strict ? Definitelybut Finland has the best education system in the world as a result.
Re: Competency Test: Kaduna State Sacks NUT President, 2,356 Other Teachers by Allisgud: 3:44pm On Jun 20, 2022
I am not shocked,is it not the same northerners who have lesser cut off mark compare to other students in other region,fact check a secondary school student from southwest can tutor a northern teacher
Re: Competency Test: Kaduna State Sacks NUT President, 2,356 Other Teachers by descent96(m): 4:12pm On Jun 20, 2022
mendii:

Can you tell us the back story?
Always spewing trash smh
I guess u're as inconsiderate and callous as the governor,that's why u dn't reason with ur brain,hence allow sentiment to becloud ur sense of reasoning. No doubt I know ur type,so won't go that path with u. Believe what I said or not,it's none of my business,but that's the situation in the state. No wonder north is far behind other regions when it comes to education and ur likes are benefiting from that.
Re: Competency Test: Kaduna State Sacks NUT President, 2,356 Other Teachers by descent96(m): 4:17pm On Jun 20, 2022
EagleSquare1:
In other words teachers were not being paid their salaries and so were not dedicated to their teaching tasks, including people like you with a Masters degree who were employed in 2017 after the retrenchment of that year? I ask. Or is it that the management of the individual schools, including yours, are incompetent and can’t deliver on their mandate?
Meanwhile I wished you could just back up with just a list the claim of Christians and Southern Kaduna indigenes as victims of retrenchment. But it amazes me that a Nigerian of Eastern extraction like you might have gotten employed at the expense of these Christian Southerners. I’m just thinking aloud

Employment is given base on merit and qualification and not on the basis of where one comes from, so coming from East doesn't make me a less Nigerian,pls dn't bring up such issue here cos to me it doesn't hold any water and really doesn't matter in this case.

Re: Competency Test: Kaduna State Sacks NUT President, 2,356 Other Teachers by lagosrd: 4:44pm On Jun 20, 2022
subsidywise18:

Be honest.

The worst of the worst that tough me while I was in public schools back then are not as worse as the people that screened and sacked this present Kaduna teachers.
Re: Competency Test: Kaduna State Sacks NUT President, 2,356 Other Teachers by Nobody: 5:24pm On Jun 20, 2022
lagosrd:

The worst of the worst that tough me while I was in public schools back then are not as worse as the people that screened and sacked this present Kaduna teachers.

1.That's not true

2. You still have not answered my question.

3.Only 159 teachers failed the test.

4.Answer my question please, and for the record, I am no El Middgt fan.

5.Must states keep bad teachers forever? Do you know how many students have suffered from the effects of bad teachers in Kaduna state? Should they continue suffering because you got good public school teachers? Must the North remain educationally backward?
Re: Competency Test: Kaduna State Sacks NUT President, 2,356 Other Teachers by mendii(m): 6:10pm On Jun 20, 2022
descent96:

I guess u're as inconsiderate and callous as the governor,that's why u dn't reason with ur brain,hence allow sentiment to becloud ur sense of reasoning. No doubt I know ur type,so won't go that path with u. Believe what I said or not,it's none of my business,but that's the situation in the state. No wonder north is far behind other regions when it comes to education and ur likes are benefiting from that.
k cry
Re: Competency Test: Kaduna State Sacks NUT President, 2,356 Other Teachers by lagosrd: 7:05pm On Jun 20, 2022
subsidywise18:

1.That's not true

2. You still have not answered my question.

3.Only 159 teachers failed the test.

4.Answer my question please, and for the record, I am no El Middgt fan.

5.Must states keep bad teachers forever? Do you know how many students have suffered from the effects of bad teachers in Kaduna state? Should they continue suffering because you got good public school teachers? Must the North remain educationally backward?

You're just been emotional and symphatetic to the mighests cause. Do you know one of his first missions when he got to office was to sack teachers mainly of southern kaduna extraction. Please call people in southern kaduna to tell you why he did the sacking.
Re: Competency Test: Kaduna State Sacks NUT President, 2,356 Other Teachers by Nobody: 7:07pm On Jun 20, 2022
lagosrd:

You're just been emotional and symphatetic to the mighests cause. Do you know one of his first missions when he got to office was to sack teachers mainly of southern kaduna extraction. Please call people in southern kaduna to tell you why he did the sacking.

Answer my question, mr emotional.

Would you let any one of the teachers that failed the exam.teach your kids?

Answer the question and drop the bigotry. It's stale.
Re: Competency Test: Kaduna State Sacks NUT President, 2,356 Other Teachers by lagosrd: 7:11pm On Jun 20, 2022
subsidywise18:

Answer my question, mr emotional.

Would you let any one of the teachers that failed the exam.teach your kids?

Answer the question and drop the bigotry. It's stale.

I don't repeat answers and I also don't expect you to see the answer as a good student of hell rufai and still keep asking me some sorts of questions. Go and ask the left over teachers the migget left behind for you. Am not in for that.
Re: Competency Test: Kaduna State Sacks NUT President, 2,356 Other Teachers by Nobody: 7:28pm On Jun 20, 2022
lagosrd:

I don't repeat answers and I also don't expect you to see the answer as a good student of hell rufai and still keep asking me some sorts of questions. Go and ask the left over teachers the migget left behind for you. Am not in for that.

Okay i assume you want the teachers who failed the competency exam not to teach your children. Good.

But it does not mean some poor kid gets taught by bad teachers because you think they must stay in employment because country hard.

Generations of bad teachers is one of the reason why.the North is so backward and why we have issues like boko and kidnapping.

But no, you want the poor to have bad teachers. You want them to be backward because 'fulanis'. Because whatabouterism.

Good evening. Try to see the big picture. I agree El rufai has failed. I hate apc and pdp. But when they do the right thing, i hail them. I'm not that petty

The poor have the right to a decent education from properly trained teachers. Too bad you are too self centred to see it.
Re: Competency Test: Kaduna State Sacks NUT President, 2,356 Other Teachers by lagosrd: 8:54pm On Jun 20, 2022
subsidywise18:

Okay i assume you want the teachers who failed the competency exam not to teach your children. Good.

But it does not mean some poor kid gets taught by bad teachers because you think they must stay in employment because country hard.

Generations of bad teachers is one of the reason why.the North is so backward and why we have issues like boko and kidnapping.

But no, you want the poor to have bad teachers. You want them to be backward because 'fulanis'. Because whatabouterism.

Good evening. Try to see the big picture. I agree El rufai has failed. I hate apc and pdp. But when they do the right thing, i hail them. I'm not that petty

The poor have the right to a decent education from properly trained teachers. Too bad you are too self centred to see it.

See I don't like lengthen arguments and I only replied you based on my respect for your opinion. It's true they this a faceless forum but Its not an opportunity to trash people's opinion.

Permit me to say you're digressing into a regional or let me say a tribal issue. I have said it before now that the real problems of the north is their elites. An average Nigerian Fulani man is a peaceful man whom I respect and have transacted business with severally.

Kindly note also that I never in my post mentioned a Fulani man. So your digression was laced with sentiments. The northerns problem is purely political and not caused by bad teaching. The Boko Haram teaching you made mentioned was and is still largedly fueled by hate filled religious teachings predominantly taught in the north. This is not caused by those innocent teachers whom you claim are the bad teachers.

Your governments up north keep empowering your people with coblers (shoe makers) kits, wheel barrows and all manners of dehumanizing stuffs. What blame the teacher.

Do you know that one formers governor from the southwest once sacked teachers because he claimed they were teaching irrelevant subjects. The inhuman treatments you give to these people are some of the reasons we will never progress as a country. Someone will work for government and retire only for one man to steal their entitlements and go scort free on plea bargain. Was it thwbreceher that taught him that.

Recently you saw how one person the accountant general stole the treasury dry. Go around the state kd and see how most pupils study under the worst of the worst of conditions . Even some cannot even go to school because their parent might have been killed before they return home. These are Jamain issue that we need to deal with and not all these side talks And symphathy to a wicked government that will end soon.
Re: Competency Test: Kaduna State Sacks NUT President, 2,356 Other Teachers by Nobody: 9:00pm On Jun 20, 2022
lagosrd:

See I don't like lengthen arguments and I only replied you based on my respect for your opinion. It's true they this a faceless forum but Its not an opportunity to trash people's opinion.

Permit me to say you're digressing into a regional or let me say a tribal issue. I have said it before now that the real problems of the north is their elites. An average Nigerian Fulani man is a peaceful man whom I respect and have transacted business with severally.

Kindly note also that I never in my post mentioned a Fulani man. So your digression was laced with sentiments. The northerns problem is purely political and not caused by bad teaching. The Boko Haram teaching you made mentioned was and is still largedly fueled by hate filled religious teachings predominantly taught in the north. This is not caused by those innocent teachers whom you claim are the bad teachers.

Your governments up north keep empowering your people with coblers (shoe makers) kits, wheel barrows and all manners of dehumanizing stuffs. What blame the teacher.

Do you know that one formers governor from the southwest once sacked teachers because he claimed they were teaching irrelevant subjects. The inhuman treatments you give to these people are some of the reasons we will never progress as a country. Someone will work for government and retire only for one man to steal their entitlements and go scort free on plea bargain. Was it thwbreceher that taught him that.

Recently you saw how one person the accountant general stole the treasury dry. Go around the state kd and see how most pupils study under the worst of the worst of conditions . Even some cannot even go to school because their parent might have been killed before they return home. These are Jamain issue that we need to deal with and not all these side talks And symphathy to a wicked government that will end soon.

Okay you want Northern schools to have bad teachers because Northern polticans are ...tribal? And corrupt, and because Northern elites?

It's you who brought the tribal thing here. As for me, it was a simple matter of a governor sacking incompetent teachers. Not a matter of iopression, elites etc.

Besides,if the kids have good decent teachers, they get good education and the tools to liberate themselves and become more than cobblers and suchlike. They cannot do that if they are taught by incompetent teachers.

The problem with you Nigerians, when your governors do good things, you blast them. When they do bad things, you defend them.

As for me, poor kids have a right to good education from good teachers. Whether Northern or Southern Kaduna. So, as much as I don;t like El rufai who has failed in a lot of things...for this one good thing , I hail him.

And if all the teachers he sacked were southern kaduna? Good, maybe they can be replaced with competent teachers. Maybe the education level can improve down there. Maybe them hausas can decieve themselves with bad teachers till it backfires.

But it isn't a tribal game.

As for me, I wish all governors did the same. Every bad teacher must be fired, and replaced with unemployed but good and decent teachers who cannot get a job because some joke who cannot speak English or do primary 4 math sums is misguiding poor students, which you think is right because 'Hausas are oppressing's us'

Infact I think you want the North to remain illiterate so that you can feel superior to them forever. Better leave that attitude behind. And this is not a Northern problem...many schools in the South have the same kind of teachers. Who all need pruning. And any governor that cannot see that is basically preparing the future generation of underemployed and idle youths with no skills and nothing...which is bad news for this country and everyone.

Good evening. You are free to support incompetency. As for me, I want better for all Nigerian kids. Keep supporting the incompetent teachers. When the chickens come home to roost, you won't like it.
Re: Competency Test: Kaduna State Sacks NUT President, 2,356 Other Teachers by lagosrd: 10:11pm On Jun 20, 2022
subsidywise18:

Okay you want Northern schools to have bad teachers because Northern polticans are ...tribal? And corrupt, and because Northern elites?

It's you who brought the tribal thing here. As for me, it was a simple matter of a governor sacking incompetent teachers. Not a matter of iopression, elites etc.

Besides,if the kids have good decent teachers, they get good education and the tools to liberate themselves and become more than cobblers and suchlike. They cannot do that if they are taught by incompetent teachers.

The problem with you Nigerians, when your governors do good things, you blast them. When they do bad things, you defend them.

As for me, poor kids have a right to good education from good teachers. Whether Northern or Southern Kaduna. So, as much as I don;t like El rufai who has failed in a lot of things...for this one good thing , I hail him.

And if all the teachers he sacked were southern kaduna? Good, maybe they can be replaced with competent teachers. Maybe the education level can improve down there. Maybe them hausas can decieve themselves with bad teachers till it backfires.

But it isn't a tribal game.

As for me, I wish all governors did the same. Every bad teacher must be fired, and replaced with unemployed but good and decent teachers who cannot get a job because some joke who cannot speak English or do primary 4 math sums is misguiding poor students, which you think is right because 'Hausas are oppressing's us'

Infact I think you want the North to remain illiterate so that you can feel superior to them forever. Better leave that attitude behind. And this is not a Northern problem...many schools in the South have the same kind of teachers. Who all need pruning. And any governor that cannot see that is basically preparing the future generation of underemployed and idle youths with no skills and nothing...which is bad news for this country and everyone.

Good evening. You are free to support incompetency. As for me, I want better for all Nigerian kids. Keep supporting the incompetent teachers. When the chickens come home to roost, you won't like it.

Go back and check all your write up and mine. I never said a thing about Fulani , Hausa thing. You're being economical with the truth. So because a government that is know for all his parochial and archaic style of government decided to sack some people without hearing form the side of the people sacked. I should rejoice. What of the ones he sacked immediately he assumed office? Stop being diplomatic with lies and sounding like you mean well for the northern youths and kids.

Tell me there are better teachers in sokoto, Kano, jigawa etc than Kaduna. If you don't know something please ask. Online readers will not share your sentiment because of the midget cos they all know that he stands for. Deception , denial and desperation. His tenure is winding up and he won't be a governor for life. How many has Lagos sacked or are you saying the it's only Kaduna you have bad teachers?

I attended a public primary school and I am proud of my teachers then and whatever they knew they taught me. Till today I still have a good nostalgia feelings of those days and I can only say God bless those women.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

NNPC/CHEVRON Scholarship Past Questions And Answers and shortlisted candidates / 4 New Universities To Be Established In Nigeria - Education Minister Announces / OOU Produces Best Medical Student In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.