Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,126 members, 7,814,942 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:41 AM

*if I Were Peter Obi* *& Labour Party* - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / *if I Were Peter Obi* *& Labour Party* (228 Views)

If I Were Peter Obi / 3 Onitsha Private Hospitals Were Peter Obi Invested In As A Governor That Worked / Gombe Man Donates His House To Peter Obi's Labour Party. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

*if I Were Peter Obi* *& Labour Party* by landmaster(m): 6:53pm On Jun 19, 2022
(17/06/22)

_By Chris O_

In exercising my fundamental human rights to freedom of expression, I hereby write again about Nigeria's politics.

Before making my suggestions to Mr Peter Obi and his Labour Party, let me recall few things I had written under the title "If I Were PDP".

In my first article titled, _*"If I Were PDP*",_ I predicted that Nigeria's political race shall end up in Atiku Abubakar's favour for the PDP, and Asiwaju Bola Tinubu, for the APC. These have come to be. I also said that Atiku shall win the 2023 general election by wide margin if he picks Peter Obi as his Running Mate. But Peter Obi has followed his heart and left the PDP for Labour Party. Attempts they made to lure him back to the PDP failed. Good for Obi and good for Nigeria's future. Mr Obi's exit from the PDP has ended Igbo's ambition for Presidency or VP, in the nearest future. A combination of Atiku/Obi was the closest Igbos have come in recent times. You may disagree with me on this, but this is my permutation.

I am not a PDP, APC or Labour Party person. Neither am I a spokesman for any of them. I am rather a worried Nigerian who is ashamed of the state of things in our country. More hardship is yet to come, because of reckless governance, reckless foreign borrowing, and world's economic downturns.

Whether Mr Asiwaju Bola Tinubu finally runs on a Muslim-Muslim, or Muslim-Christian ticket he will not win the 2023 election. Even if he picks both Muslim and Christian together he will still not win. This is so because I have said that if the North shall present a Goat as President, majority of Northerners shall vote for the Goat. But Atiku is not a Goat, so he will combine large Northern and Southern votes to win.

That Atiku has picked Mr Okowa of Delta State as his Running Mate, not even a sabotage, or cross-carpeting by Mr Nyesom Wike will change the tide negatively for Atiku and his PDP. But I don't think Wike is going anywhere. He will never join same party with his political enemy, Mr Rotimi Amaechi. Wike stands to benefit under the PDP than under the APC.

In my opinion, Atiku made a good decision by not picking "bulldozer" Nyesom Wike (the mad one, who wants to change mad Nigeria), as a Running Mate. Both of them would have many disagreements in office. But Okowa looks more like a quiet gentleman, in the likeness of Prof Yemi Osinbanjo ( the obedient). Wike should now wait to be compensated with a lucrative portfolio if, and when the 2023 elections finally come to be.

Now, to Peter Obi.

Peter Obi has become a phenomenon among the youths of the South, all of a sudden. The reasons for this are well known - his personality and his performance as Anambra State Governor. The wave of followership Peter is witnessing is unprecedented. The adverts in the Social Media for Mr Obi is mind-boggling. But he will not win the 2023 election unless there's divine intervention of a sort, especially through the Supreme Court, if the PDP and APC have reason to misbehave during the elections.

Nigeria's elections are largely for moneybags and ambitious thieves. Those who desire to truly change the country are few in the parties.

So, if I were Peter Obi and Labour Party, I shall adopt the following strategies:

1). _Go into alliance with Rabiu Kwankwaso and his NNPP; with other minor parties, for future building of political structures and take over of power. If the Labour Party chooses to stand alone they cannot achieve much in the 774 Local Government Areas to win an election._

2) _Reach out to past and present Governors, Senators, and Representatives, and try to win them over, using the template of the mad rush to get the PVC by the youths as a stepping stone._ _The Governors and other big guys will always try to use money and influence to have their way as usual during the next and all elections. These people have also got the security, thugs, weapons to scare away Peter Obi's potential electorates from pooling booths._ _Therefore, Peter and Labour need to get them on their side for future uses. Those who think that there will be a revolution by the youths if Peter Obi is touched by the powers that be, might be correct, but revolutions never last for long in Africa, and among power-wielding African Dictator Presidents._

3). _Peter and Labour need to start making in-roads to the North as they are making in the South. They should spend money translating the Peter Obi's brand into Hausa, Fulfudi and other northern languages._

4). _Peter should start taking his security very seriously. He should not misjudge the huge acceptance the youths are giving him at the moment to let down his guard. Some guys in the big parties might believe that Peter will take away large chunk of their votes and plan to take him out._

5). _Money, not ideas, rules Nigerian politics. Peter, Labour and other minor parties that might go into alliance with Labour should start building funds straight away._

6). _Peter should maintain his policy of not speaking ill of other politicians. Let him keep selling his ideas. It is already catching like wildfire among the hapless citizens of Nigeria._

Peter Obi has sown a seed. And this is catching on. But I foresee a future where some hawks will infiltrate Labour Party and attempt changing what is being built at present.

Let the fire of Peter Obi continue to rage!
Re: *if I Were Peter Obi* *& Labour Party* by MichaelSokoto(m): 7:02pm On Jun 19, 2022
zukwanuike my bloda, Obi Peter is not ready to become a president yet!

Take dat to d bank 1st thing 2moro morning.
cool
Re: *if I Were Peter Obi* *& Labour Party* by inspector44(m): 7:03pm On Jun 19, 2022
Not a bad idea
Re: *if I Were Peter Obi* *& Labour Party* by Nobody: 7:51pm On Jun 19, 2022
MichaelSokoto:
zukwanuike my bloda, Obi Peter is not ready to become a president yet!

Take dat to d bank 1st thing 2moro morning.
cool

Neither is Tinubu or Atiku... Jee zuo ike!

(1) (Reply)

Am Surprise Nothing Work Anymore / Nairalanders Please I Need Urgent Advice. / Man Accuse INEC Officers In Lagos for Demanding LASRRA For PVC Registration

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.