Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,213 members, 7,811,581 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 03:02 PM

thank God - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / thank God (4653 Views)

It's Our Wedding Anniversary! Help Us Thank Jehovah. / I THANK God For Giving Me Another Bouncing Baby BOY / Thank God,I Am Now Mrs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

thank God by abisquare(f): 12:27pm On Aug 22, 2012
Abisquare
Re: thank God by warrior01: 12:41pm On Aug 22, 2012
Op, can you elaborate more on your idea of 'romance' so that we can take it up from there.
Re: thank God by abisquare(f): 12:48pm On Aug 22, 2012
He I mean romantic am nt sayin d sexual pain bt lyk been carin and luving infact he is a workaholic he just dnt knw hw to pet a lady
Re: thank God by MLS12(f): 12:59pm On Aug 22, 2012
abisquare: He I mean romantic am nt sayin d sexual pain bt lyk been carin and luving infact he is a workaholic he just dnt knw hw to pet a lady
Buh does he love u more or u do?i prefer a man loving the wife more.my hubby is a workaholic too.All he does is just work and he keeps reading his Engineering books,talks of subsea engineering,installations and so on.Am not sure u can change him cos thats what i thought before we tied the knots.If u truly love him and he is responsible then pls proceed,But their is going to be alot of Boring times so u can help urself by indulging in Things u love.Like i love fashion,Going out to nice places,fashion magazines,Going out with my Friends,watch movies in a cinema.
Re: thank God by abisquare(f): 1:14pm On Aug 22, 2012
Its d boredom dat am scare of cos i dnt ve a job yet, althu he is very understandin and wont mind spendin his little spare time wit me he is a head accountin officer in one of d biggest hostels in d hrt of ikeja and am in zaria
Re: thank God by abisquare(f): 1:19pm On Aug 22, 2012
I am just hopin i can change him tanks 4 ur advise i will make use of it
MLS12:
Buh does he love u more or u do?i prefer a man loving the wife more.my hubby is a workaholic too.All he does is just work and he keeps reading his Engineering books,talks of subsea engineering,installations and so on.Am not sure u can change him cos thats what i thought before we tied the knots.If u truly love him and he is responsible then pls proceed,But their is going to be alot of Boring times so u can help urself by indulging in Things u love.Like i love fashion,Going out to nice places,fashion magazines,Going out with my Friends,watch movies in a cinema.
kissI am just hopin i can change him tanks 4 ur advise i will make use of it
MLS12:
Re: thank God by Kobojunkie: 4:28pm On Aug 22, 2012
abisquare: I am just hopin i can change him tanks 4 ur advise i will make use of it kissI am just hopin i can change him tanks 4 ur advise i will make use of it

I am of the mind that you are not serious . . . you are joking with us . . . . right?
Re: thank God by Nobody: 4:36pm On Aug 22, 2012
LMAO. This thread starter is a joke.Define romantic? you wake a man in the middle of the night to chat? you be winch wey no dey sleep? is that your idea of being romantic? waking a man up to chat nonsense when you know he has to work in the morning? what do you want to talk about that cannot wait til the next day? are you so self centered that you have forgotten that you are jobless and have enough spare time to sleep in whilst this man of yours has to get up in the morning and prepare for work?

I don't blame you, I blame the mills and boons you have been reading and I blame the fact that you are jobless. Go and find work my friend. So this fiance of yours now will be making mouth to his friends that he has found a wife in you, unbeknownst to him you are one of those women that are advised to get married @ 35 with the hope that before you get to 35, you would have grown up.

2 Likes

Re: thank God by dayokanu(m): 5:15pm On Aug 22, 2012
jennykadry: LMAO. This thread starter is a joke.Define romantic? you wake a man in the middle of the night to chat? you be winch wey no dey sleep? is that your idea of being romantic? waking a man up to chat nonsense when you know he has to work in the morning? what do you want to talk about that cannot wait til the next day? are you so self centered that you have forgotten that you are jobless and have enough spare time to sleep in whilst this man of yours has to get up in the morning and prepare for work?

I don't blame you, I blame the mills and boons you have been reading and I blame the fact that you are jobless. Go and find work my friend. So this fiance of yours now will be making mouth to his friends that he has found a wife in you, unbeknownst to him you are one of those women that are advised to get married @ 35 with the hope that before you get to 35, you would have grown up.

Thank you very plenty.

You see what I said about women yesterday. Yorubas would say "O roju tan on wa airoju kakiri". You are in a nice place, you are looking for inconvenience all over.

Some ppl need to know there is a difference between the world of fantasy and that of reality

If you want romance, enough of all those jobless boys can give that even in your school

Do you think succeful people make it by being involved in stupid romance.

You should thank God you have a hardworking man, maybe you would understand when you date a lazy one

BTW: I would advice you take things easy and think well before getting married as a student without a job. Cos when you are married without a job to go to daily, Your boredom would multiply by 100
Re: thank God by ronkebp(f): 5:25pm On Aug 22, 2012
Change him this girl does not know anything.....
Re: thank God by phraze(m): 8:41pm On Aug 22, 2012
Buhahaha @Op u nid to be sure abt him o, no marry person wey no meet ur taste o. Lolz.... Incase u bored try dis number, 080-F-U-N-Y-23. Dnt cal in the Nite, day time wil be fine. I make people laugh. N5000 Per joke!
Re: thank God by xyloxloto(m): 8:57pm On Aug 22, 2012
jennykadry: LMAO. This thread starter is a joke.Define romantic? you wake a man in the middle of the night to chat? you be winch wey no dey sleep? is that your idea of being romantic? waking a man up to chat nonsense when you know he has to work in the morning? what do you want to talk about that cannot wait til the next day? are you so self centered that you have forgotten that you are jobless and have enough spare time to sleep in whilst this man of yours has to get up in the morning and prepare for work?

THANK you my dear coming from a fellow woman

1 Like

Re: thank God by xyloxloto(m): 9:01pm On Aug 22, 2012
@ poster plz go and have ur head re examined
Re: thank God by cutiepie25(f): 9:08pm On Aug 22, 2012
@jenny,pls dat was harsh.she only needed sum advice.
@op,y dnt u try n study ur man very wel, n pls try n luk 4 ways 2 get urself busy bcus u wil be so bored wen u finaly get married 2 him.gudluck.

1 Like

Re: thank God by MLS12(f): 9:24pm On Aug 22, 2012

Why are you the way you are?so quick in crucifying someone.i wonder how you cope up as a married woman.you have to really stop commenting on peoples thread.Too bad my dear.you reason from one side view.

4 Likes

Re: thank God by Nobody: 9:42pm On Aug 22, 2012
this poster is a joker - you agreed to marry him and now ur complaining about lack of romance - i'm very sure if its disturbing you enough to start a topic online then you should have dated a romantic guy. if your guy is not romantic run a bath with a few candles get a romance novel and soak in the bath with a bottle of wine and eat chocolate before u go to sleep.

your even lucky self if my fiance woke me up to discuss romance - hmmm i'm not even saying what i will do to him. my dear grow up
Re: thank God by abisquare(f): 10:01pm On Aug 22, 2012
Tanks to u all especially dos dat advised maturely 4 dos insultive i wonda wat u re doin in fam section i dnt want to b insultd dat y i dnt post in d romance section all i nid is advice and serious matured understandin coment i just felt may b i nid to do sum tin abt dat b4 its too late. All d same tanks
Re: thank God by EfemenaXY: 10:11pm On Aug 22, 2012
abisquare: Tanks to u all especially dos dat advised maturely 4 dos insultive i wonda wat u re doin in fam section i dnt want to b insultd dat y i dnt post in d romance section all i nid is advice and serious matured understandin coment i just felt may b i nid to do sum tin abt dat b4 its too late. All d same tanks

Well then, you need to learn how to differentiate between the Romance Section and the Family Section.

Like you mentioned, we're all serious minded adults who don't bull[b]s[/b]h[i]i[/i]t around or p[b]u[/b]s[i]s[/i]yfoot when it comes to giving honest down-to-earth advice. Just think twice before posting here next time girl.

Now, go do some growing up before getting hitched.

1 Like

Re: thank God by babuji(f): 10:48pm On Aug 22, 2012
@poster, i believe people have misunderstood your question or your intention hence the harsh comments.

I advice you seek counsel from a good marriage counsellor before getting hitched.

Better still if you and your fiance both attend marriage counseling in your church might go a long way.

The questions and unanswered longings must be resolved before you say "I do"

Read books on godly marriage and discuss together with him

Learn to communicate your needs to each other.

Try to succeed at this so as to avoid falling out of love with each other

All the best.
Re: thank God by vanitty: 10:59pm On Aug 22, 2012
Eeyah
I find this post very very innocent, naive and cute
Honey, be as romantic as you can be for the two of you but probably waking the man at 2am is not really a good idea
He might succumb and also be romantic grudgingly/awkwardly romantic but at least he is romantic wink
Just have it in the back of your mind that he might not change but since you love him soooooo much that shouldn't be a problem, now should it
Re: thank God by Kobojunkie: 11:12pm On Aug 22, 2012
babuji: @poster, i believe people have misunderstood your question or your intention hence the harsh comments.

[size=13pt]I advice you seek counsel from a good marriage counsellor before getting hitched.

Better still if you and your fiance both attend marriage counseling in your church might go a long way.
[/size]
The questions and unanswered longings must be resolved before you say "I do"

Read books on godly marriage and discuss together with him

Learn to communicate your needs to each other.

Try to succeed at this so as to avoid falling out of love with each other

All the best.

keyword . . . BEFORE!
Re: thank God by Nobody: 4:57am On Aug 23, 2012
MLS12:
Why are you the way you are?so quick in crucifying someone.i wonder how you cope up as a married woman.you have to really stop commenting on peoples thread.Too bad my dear.you reason from one side view.

Shush and face front.BTW I have finished another book if you want to add it to your list. Who married you again? What a waste of time
Re: thank God by Nobody: 5:04am On Aug 23, 2012
Efemena_xy:

Well then, you need to learn how to differentiate between the Romance Section and the Family Section.

Like you mentioned, we're all serious minded adults who don't bull[b]s[/b]h[i]i[/i]t around or p[b]u[/b]s[i]s[/i]yfoot when it comes to giving honest down-to-earth advice. Just think twice before posting here next time girl.

Now, go do some growing up before getting hitched.
Nope, she expects people here to massage her back and tell her sorry, if a 25 year old still believes she can change her fellow human being then there is no hope for Nigeria.

I thought they all knew I am not into that pity party crAP. Sigh
Re: thank God by Nobody: 5:07am On Aug 23, 2012
cutiepie25: @jenny,pls dat was harsh.she only needed sum advice.
@op,y dnt u try n study ur man very wel, n pls try n luk 4 ways 2 get urself busy bcus u wil be so bored wen u finaly get married 2 him.gudluck.

I only gave her the advise she is NOT looking for BUT NEEDS. Like a nairalander once said..."Sometimes a kiss is just not enough to bring people back to their senses, a slap can also go a long way".

This girl has a wonderful hard working man as a fiancé and she is still looking for what? Why is she finding trouble where there isn't ? Do you know how many women have opened up threads on their lazy husbands?

1 Like

Re: thank God by OYINBOGOJU(m): 5:32am On Aug 23, 2012
Another playaz excuse

Before the marriage You have already started looking for excuse to double your d.I.c.k consumption.

Goodluck in your best romantic altimate search.
Re: thank God by Nobody: 5:57am On Aug 23, 2012
.....And for the love of bikies, can't people just stop typing in short hand? Why did your parents send yous to school? Stop it already, it is not funny.

The 25 year old poster is not exempted from this. Stop typing like a child, what do you take us for? Children, stop already

2 Likes

Re: thank God by MLS12(f): 8:14am On Aug 23, 2012
jennykadry:

Shush and face front.BTW I have finished another book if you want to add it to your list. Who married you again? What a waste of time

Was expecting it.your normal you
Re: thank God by Nobody: 8:25am On Aug 23, 2012

1 Like

Re: thank God by cert(f): 11:18am On Aug 23, 2012
You should be glad you have a man who is working his butt to ensure you are comfortable. If he isn't caring, he wouldn't pick your calls at night knowing he would face a busy day in the morning.
He may be serious minded, yes! but he would definitely have things he enjoys doing at his leisure.Get involved in what he enjoys doing and show him a lot of care, he would probably take a cue from you.
As for changing him. Don't even go there cos that will take you ages. Immense yourself in a hobby or do something for others like charity that will keep you busy.
Please weigh the matter carefully, if you really can't go through with some dull moment in your marriage, then don't go into it.You don't want to add to the figure of failed marriages, do you?
Re: thank God by jerusalem101: 6:37pm On Aug 23, 2012
thank God u know what ur going into and u better decide on what u want oh,so that when u will start complaining u won't have any1 to blame apart from ur self........
Re: thank God by Nobody: 8:26pm On Aug 23, 2012
Get a hobby undecided
Re: thank God by Nobody: 3:48am On Aug 24, 2012
@OP we're the same age more or less so I thing I can somewhat understand your question. First of all, never ever try to change a person. Believe you me it NEVER works. Secondly, other posters are correct when they say that waking up a sleeping man for something that's not an emergency is never a good idea.
OKAY, now that that's out of the way. Girl, you have a man that proposed to you, that means that he wants to spend the rest of his life with you, and for a man that's a very very hard thing to do. You need to learn your husband's love language meaning you need to take the time and it will take time to really know what are those things that incite a burning passion within him. Those keywords that get him to remember that he chose you. Romance does not come naturally to some people and he may be one of those individuals. Or maybe, he's stressed out over the wedding, work, the pressure to start a family, etc. and he just can't seem to bother about romance. Marriage is a full-time job and only serious applicants need apply. So do your homework, determine what your own personal goals are, what are his dreams and desires, where do you see you family, etc. And pray, pray that God helps you to develop your patience and understanding and that of your husband's as well. But abeg sweety, we are young, so enjoy yourself! Marriage is serious, but serious doesn't mean not fun, it means that the consequences to every action you make is heavy and affects A LOT of people (ie, future kids, in-laws, co-workers, etc.)

(1) (2) (Reply)

Im Tired! How Can I Make Him See I Truly Love Him, Despite His Height??? / Is It Love For A Man To Give Up His Surname For His Wife's? / Does D&c Abortion Fails?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.