Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,093 members, 7,852,697 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 12:58 AM

EPL Chatroom - All Discussions - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (1274) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / EPL Chatroom - All Discussions (1545314 Views)

EPL 2023/2024: Who Would You Say Is The Flop Of The Season? / EPL: Weekend's Results, Updated Premier League Table And Top Scorers / EPL: Five Things We Learnt From The English Premier League This Weekend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1271) (1272) (1273) (1274) (1275) (1276) (1277) ... (4792) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Nostradamus1: 9:34am On Jan 22, 2023
Abians on this platform, pls remember that good governance doesn't end in ASO ROCK. You have a duty to educate and sensitize your people on their rights through NL and your other SM pages.

How can the son of a governor be in such flamboyant convoy? The marked contrast between the price of the Lexus and the sum of the dreams of those women gathered there is shameful.

Abians deserve better. 20+ months of strike among medical doctors. Poor roads and quick-growing ghettos even in Aba mega city.

Your governors has a lot of influence on your daily life. If you elect Peter Obi but another Okezie Ikpeazu enters, y'all are doomed. Abians are known to vote wisely and I believe that previous elections do not represent the interest of Abians. However, you can take back power now. The power belong to the masses.

Abia, God's own State

https://twitter.com/tundealuko/status/1616939756494929920?t=vfnR-lPcsQf8Jh8C5mpY7Q&s=19

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Segedinho(m): 9:46am On Jan 22, 2023
Nostradamus1:
Abians on this platform, pls remember that good governance doesn't end in ASO ROCK. You have a duty to educate and sensitize your people on their rights through NL and your other SM pages.

How can the son of a governor be in such flamboyant convoy? The marked contrast between the price of the Lexus and the sum of the dreams of those women gathered there is shameful.

Abians deserve better. 20+ months of strike among medical doctors. Poor roads and quick-growing ghettos even in Aba mega city.

Your governors has a lot of influence on your daily life. If you elect Peter Obi but another Okezie Ikpeazu enters, y'all are doomed. Abians are known to vote wisely and I believe that previous elections do not represent the interest of Abians. However, you can take back power now. The power belong to the masses.

Abia, God's own State

https://twitter.com/tundealuko/status/1616939756494929920?t=vfnR-lPcsQf8Jh8C5mpY7Q&s=19

Africans are so dark in and out.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by obainojazz(m): 9:46am On Jan 22, 2023
Nostradamus1:

Abia, God's own State

Watch Abians still elect PDP person 😵‍💫

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by izzou(m): 9:47am On Jan 22, 2023
Nostradamus1:

Abia, God's own State

Is that so?

I did not know oh
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Nostradamus1: 9:51am On Jan 22, 2023
BlueRayDick:
If paying workers salary what make’s Kwankwanso best out of the 4 top candidates maybe someone needs to share with us links of all the other top 3 candidates owing workers under their respective administrations.
Only kwankwaso is exempt on this matter.For that paying wages should be a bare minimum yet all the 3 front runners can be accused of defaulting.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/01/group-wades-into-anambra-doctors-strike/
This was a strike for better working conditions after Obi refused to pay the FG approved salary

https://allafrica.com/stories/200608150523.html

Atiku
https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/369590-staff-of-atiku-owned-radio-tv-stations-lament-non-payment-of-salaries.html
You can argue that a tiny is not directly in charge of the companies

Tinubu

https://allafrica.com/stories/200203180069.html
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Nostradamus1: 9:57am On Jan 22, 2023
Segedinho:

Africans are so dark in and out.

It wasn't even the people hailing him that got me sad. I always say that people fight for their interests and pockets first.

But can you see his confidence? He was even raising his hands as he was being hailed on a dusty evil forest-looking road. Like there are some people that when they are hailing you, you should be ashamed. Those women who have probably lost hope of a better future are hailing you on a dusty encampment. Canopies rented are some of the extinction-loving times. A police orderly opening door for you as they continue hailing you. Then you step your 1000 dollar shoe on that dust and your brain didn't speak to u?
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by DissTroy(m): 9:58am On Jan 22, 2023
monerozi5590:

The other day, I said Hausas are less tribalistic 'without comparison' and you asked how and I answered you based on what I have experienced and witnessed but you didn't agree.
I was called dishonest by BlueRaydick for sharing what I have experienced and witnessed. How logical.

DissTroy came and even add a comparison to it by saying among the major tribes the Yorubas ara the least tribalistic based on his Lagos experience but everywhere was quiet because it align and sit well with you guys but I was called dishonest for sharing my own experience

Like everyone else, they have their shortcomings.

But my claim is based on a fact. The Yorubas are the least tribalistic of the major tribes. Heck! Of the hundreds of tribes in Nigeria, the Yorubas would always be top 5 of the least tribalistic ones by default.

Yes, a Yoruba man might tease you with Omo Igbo or Omo Calabar but it's just what it is - teasing.

How many times do ethnic or tribal riots occur and you see Yoruba landlords or neighbours sellout non-Yorubas to be lynched? (Even the OPC - Hausa-Fulani bike riders/abbatoir clashes are one the streets, not going from house to house removing and lynching innocents.
Happens with the Hausa-Fulanis daily in the Hausa-Fulani areas in the North.

The Agberos in Lagos, Ogun or Oyo would target an Igbo man's business for extortion and extort a Yoruba man's own the same way.

The Omo oniles would extort non-Yorubas and Yorubas equally.

A Yoruba man would scam his 'brother' the same way he'd defraud you, a non-Yoruba. If he commits a crime against you, ethnicity isn't his filter by default.

Meet a Yoruba man anywhere in the world and for some reason you guys interact and you happen to speak Yoruba and/or grew up in the same areas as him? Screw it! You are automatically his buddy or kindred spirit.

In the tech space in Nigeria, a Yoruba man is more likely to connect you with opportunities to grow either as a skilled person or founder than any other person of any ethnicity. PayStack, Flutterwave, Okra.ng, PayDay... I can go on. Most of the first investors - the angel investors - who believed and took a risk on these early stage founders (many of whom weren't Yorubas) were Yorubas. Even connecting you to clients or outsourcing agencies for gigs.

If you've lived amongst Yorubas for a long time either from birth or childhood, you're more likely to see the world from a nationalistic or global outlook than just ethnicity. You'd imbibe it naturally.

That's why of every 100 tech startups making waves in and from Nigeria, there's a Yoruba connected to the very success of 80 even if he isn't the founder.

I've stated this on Nairaland. I've stated this on Facebook. I've stated this a thousand times and over.

Just because I'm against Tinubu being President doesn't mean I shouldn't extoll the virtues of his tribe which I and mine have experienced and continue to experience firsthand where necessary. Two truths can exist.

16 Likes 4 Shares

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Nostradamus1: 10:00am On Jan 22, 2023
izzou:

Is that so?

I did not know oh
I wasn't even aware because I don't really follow their politics. However, a political analyst mentioned it here. I definitely think that they(these criminal politicians) are rigging the election after Abians have voted for the right person
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Nostradamus1: 10:01am On Jan 22, 2023
DissTroy:

But my claim is based on a fact. The Yorubas are the least tribalistic of the major tribes. Heck! Of the hundreds of tribes in Nigeria, the Yorubas would always be top 5 of the least tribalistic ones by default.

Yes, a Yoruba man might tease you with Omo Igbo or Omo Calabar but it's just what it is - teasing.

How many times do ethnic or tribal riots occur and you see Yoruba landlords or neighbours sellout non-Yorubas to be lynched? (Even the OPC - Hausa-Fulani bike riders/abbatoir clashes are one the streets, not going from house to house removing and lynching innocents.

The Agberos in Lagos, Ogun or Oyo would target an Igbo man's business for extortion and extort a Yoruba man's own the same way.

A Yoruba man would scam his 'brother' the same way he'd defraud you, a non-Yoruba. If he commits a crime against you, ethnicity isn't his filter by default.

Meet a Yoruba man anywhere in the world and for some reason you guys interact and you happen to speak Yoruba and/or grew up in the same areas as him? Screw it! You are automatically his buddy or kindred spirit.

In the tech space in Nigeria, a Yoruba man is more likely to connect you with opportunities to grow either as a skilled person or founder than any other person of any ethnicity. PayStack, Flutterwave, Okra.ng, PayDay... I can go on. Most of the first investors - the angel investors - who believed and took a risk on these early stage founders (many of whom weren't Yorubas) were Yorubas. Even connecting you to clients or outsourcing agencies for gigs.

If you've lived amongst Yorubas for a long time either from birth or childhood, you're more likely to see the world from a nationalistic or global outlook than just ethnicity. You'd imbibe it naturally.

That's why of every 100 tech startups making waves in and from Nigeria, there's a Yoruba connected to the very success of 80 even if he isn't the founder.

I've stated this on Nairaland. I've stated this on Facebook. I've stated this a thousand times and over.

Just because I'm against Tinubu being President doesn't mean I shouldn't extoll the virtues of his tribe which I and mine have experienced and continue to experience firsthand where necessary. Two truths can exists.
A lot of debate exist because people don't understand the bolded

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by PapalsBull(m): 10:13am On Jan 22, 2023
Izzou, blueraydick, larride, iamoyindamola, agberos matter arising.
Follow this https://www.nairaland.com/7534350/agbero-madness-road-night link and see how people are lamenting.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 10:27am On Jan 22, 2023
Nostradamus1:
Only kwankwaso is exempt on this matter.For that paying wages should be a bare minimum yet all the 3 front runners can be accused of defaulting.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/01/group-wades-into-anambra-doctors-strike/
This was a strike for better working conditions after Obi refused to pay the FG approved salary

https://allafrica.com/stories/200608150523.html

Atiku
https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/369590-staff-of-atiku-owned-radio-tv-stations-lament-non-payment-of-salaries.html
You can argue that a tiny is not directly in charge of the companies

Tinubu

https://allafrica.com/stories/200203180069.html

Maybe u should listen to what NLC had to say about Saint Rabiu Kwankwanso during his time as governor

3 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by monerozi5590: 10:35am On Jan 22, 2023
[size=8pt][/size]
DissTroy:

Just because I'm against Tinubu being President doesn't mean I shouldn't extoll the virtues of his tribe which I and mine have experienced and continue to experience firsthand where necessary. Two truths can exist.

That is what I am talking about. Two truth can exist..

Just so you know, I am not against you on the Yorubas take but I was called dishonest for saying my own opinion. I want you to see where I am driving at.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Segedinho(m): 10:39am On Jan 22, 2023
Nostradamus1:
It wasn't even the people hailing him that got me sad. I always say that people fight for their interests and pockets first.

But can you see his confidence? He was even raising his hands as he was being hailed on a dusty evil forest-looking road. Like there are some people that when they are hailing you, you should be ashamed. Those women who have probably lost hope of a better future are hailing you on a dusty encampment. Canopies rented are some of the extinction-loving times. A police orderly opening door for you as they continue hailing you. Then you step your 1000 dollar shoe on that dust and your brain didn't speak to u?

Do u think I was kicking against d "hailers"....?

My post was directed to his joy even in d midst of sorrows and regrets.....
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by monerozi5590: 10:41am On Jan 22, 2023
BlueRayDick:

The number 1 problem u have is that u drop Ur personal opinion as fact and u expect it not be scrutinised ; we should accept exerting u say in its face value and never ask u to provide points to back Ur opinions up.

[b]You said Hausas are less tribalistic but every evidence suggests otherwise. So we should agree [/b]with u because "U no fit lie give us "? Thank God I wasn't the only one that busted Ur bubble that day.

Now u say Kwankwanso is the best among the top 4 presidential aspirant, we ask u why u think he is and u've given us reasons which fell like a pack of cards when scrutinised closely.

I will suggest u cook am well next time before u drop agenda because we will always be here to help u look the matter intoto 🙅‍♂️

Be a man and be truthful. Every evidence suggests otherwise. Like seriously.

State Executive Council is as diverse as the Federal Executive Council. There is no other State Executive Council that compares to Kaduna State Executive Council. You have colleagues The Kadunafrom Anambra, Kwara, Ogun, Bauchi, Adamawa, Kogi, Plateau and your good self from Delta State… Why don’t people use this peculiar case of inclusiveness to judge El- Rufai?

That quote suggest otherwise too. I have known the kind of person you are already. So no need arguing further.

I told you to place your candidate among the four side by side with Kwankwaso. You have refused.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Nostradamus1: 10:51am On Jan 22, 2023
BlueRayDick:

Maybe u should listen to what NLC had to say about Saint Rabiu Kwankwanso during his time as governor
I think the key term is owning workers.

I don't think the picture you posted proved me wrong. I will need a full link. From the text, it say that Kwankwaso didn't remit the necessary funds to be used in paying pensions and gratuities. However, if I have to read meaning, it means that pensioniers were paid during his tenure but he created/ or added to a deficit that his successor has to deal with.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Mrphilia: 10:55am On Jan 22, 2023
When anyone provokes you, remember that it is actually your own opinion provoking you. It is not the person who insults or attacks you who torments your mind, but the view you take of these things.

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Nostradamus1: 10:57am On Jan 22, 2023
Nostradamus1:
I think the key term is owning workers.

I don't think the picture you posted proved me wrong. I will need a full link. From the text, it say that Kwankwaso didn't remit the necessary funds to be used in paying pensions and gratuities. However, if I have to read meaning, it means that pensioniers were paid during his tenure but he created/ or added to a deficit that his successor has to deal with.
Searched around and found the link. It also confirmed my statement that he didn't make the necessary payments.The second picture clearly states that at the time of Ganduje, the government was owing.

So clearly a sign of bad investments lack of investment in workers welfare. But as far as paying workers their wages, Kwankwaso is still standing tall

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2017/07/kano-owes-n11-2b-gratuity-death-benefit-pension-arrears/

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 10:58am On Jan 22, 2023
monerozi5590:

Be a man and be truthful. Every evidence suggests otherwise. Like seriously.

State Executive Council is as diverse as the Federal Executive Council. There is no other State Executive Council that compares to Kaduna State Executive Council. You have colleagues The Kadunafrom Anambra, Kwara, Ogun, Bauchi, Adamawa, Kogi, Plateau and your good self from Delta State… Why don’t people use this peculiar case of inclusiveness to judge El- Rufai?

That quote suggest otherwise too. I have known the kind of person you are already. So no need arguing further.

I told you to place your candidate among the four side by side with Kwankwaso. You have refused.

All these shalaye ko necestry….. my own is when next u ready to cook northern agenda , we are here waiting for u to look at it in its merit .
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by monerozi5590: 11:02am On Jan 22, 2023
BlueRayDick:

All these shalaye ko necestry….. my own is when next u ready to cook northern agenda , we are here waiting for u to look at it in its merit .

Speak for yourself and stop using WE. Not everything is agenda on Nairaland.

On ''Every evidence proves otherwise," did you lie or not?
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 11:07am On Jan 22, 2023
monerozi5590:

Speak for yourself and stop using WE. Not everything is agenda on Nairaland.

On ''Every evidence proves otherwise," did you lie or not?

U seem to major in the minor . Maybe we should start all over from the beginning ; what makes Kwankwanso the best of the 4 top presidential aspirants ?

Let’s see what u will come up with now that u’ve had enough time to research .
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by monerozi5590: 11:22am On Jan 22, 2023
BlueRayDick:

U seem to major in the minor . Maybe we should start all over from the beginning ; what makes Kwankwanso the best of the 4 top presidential aspirants ?

Let’s see what u will come up with now that u’ve had enough time to research .

You want us to be going in cycles? I have stated my own already. Counter my points with a single candidate.

I argue to learn. If your points are stronger than mine I will agree with you. I don't argue to impress or win.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 11:27am On Jan 22, 2023
monerozi5590:

You want us to be going in cycles? I have stated my own already. Counter my points with a single candidate.

I argue to learn. If your points are stronger than mine I will agree with you. I don't argue to impress or win.

Okay I will make this easy for ; Tinubu trumps Kwankwanso on all the points u are using to hype Kwankwanso . So what exactly is ur point ?
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by izzou(m): 11:39am On Jan 22, 2023
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by izzou(m): 11:41am On Jan 22, 2023
PapalsBull:
matter arising.
Follow this https://www.nairaland.com/7534350/agbero-madness-road-night link and see how people are lamenting.

Bus charged 35,000 to convey furniture from Alaba to Igando

Driver spent 8,000 on Agbero alone

I no dey lament again. Make God just dey provide for me to give to Caesar, what belongs to him.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by larride(m): 11:43am On Jan 22, 2023
Nostradamus1:
Searched around and found the link. It also confirmed my statement that he didn't make the necessary payments.The second picture clearly states that at the time of Ganduje, the government was owing.

So clearly a sign of bad investments lack of investment in workers welfare. But as far as paying workers their wages, Kwankwaso is still standing tall

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2017/07/kano-owes-n11-2b-gratuity-death-benefit-pension-arrears/

But the link you posted about Tinubu was about not paying workers that the state govt had already sacked not that he was owing the workforce itself.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by iamoyindamola(m): 11:45am On Jan 22, 2023
PapalsBull:
Izzou, blueraydick, larride, iamoyindamola, agberos matter arising.
They are employed so they say
They also reduce crime rate and poverty
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by GloriousGbola: 11:50am On Jan 22, 2023
izzou:
Everytime, this man

Why?

https://www.nairaland.com/7536025/pregnant-3-times-apostle-suleman

jamb question

has bros solo clocked 90 chicks yet?

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by monerozi5590: 11:51am On Jan 22, 2023
BlueRayDick:

Okay I will make this easy for ; Tinubu trumps Kwankwanso on all the points u are using to hype Kwankwanso . So what exactly is ur point ?

On all bro. Education fa? Common bro.

Experience fa? As one time minister of defence. He knows alot about National Security. Common now.

Addendums . Communication skills fa ( Public Speaking) a leader should have that.

Health. Everyone will grow old and anyone can get sick but you know already
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Nostradamus1: 12:02pm On Jan 22, 2023
larride:

But the link you posted about Tinubu was about not paying workers that the state govt had already sacked not that he was owing the workforce itself.
Yh. That is a technicality to consider. However, owing people their rightful entitlement should not be in the same category as paying these entitlements with the funds for them but not adding anything into these funds.

I might have wrongly worded my earlier statement but owing wages( which I believe includes benefits and entitlement ) is not what Kwankwaso is guilty of "so far"
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Nostradamus1: 12:06pm On Jan 22, 2023
monerozi5590:

On all bro. Education fa? Common bro.

Experience fa? As one time minister of defence. He knows alot about National Security. Common now.

Addendums . Communication skills fa ( Public Speaking) a leader should have that.

Health. Everyone will grow old and anyone can get sick but you know already

I agree with you on points 2 and 4 but you see point 3, forget it. There are lots off people who are crowd movers. When they speak, a lot of people sit agape eg Trump, Namdi Kanu.

However, Public speaking should not be conflated with good communication skills. Some of these guys can move 10000 people of their seats but when they speak to people, the manner and the rudeness can't be more evident. Tinubu is a good communicator as evidenced in his highly rated way of managing people
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by monerozi5590: 12:14pm On Jan 22, 2023
Nostradamus1:
I agree with you on points 2 and 4 but you see point 3, forget it. There are lots off people who are crowd movers. When they speak, a lot of people sit agape eg Trump, Namdi Kanu.

However, Public speaking should not be conflated with good communication skills. Some of these guys can move 10000 people of their seats but when they speak to people, the manner and the rudeness can't be more evident. Tinubu is a good communicator as evidenced in his highly rated way of managing people

Of all the communication skills like listening, writing,
Persuasive, interpersonal, phone skills and the rest. To me (subjective) Public Speaking is the most powerful, because if you open your mouth, you tell the whole world who you are.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Nostradamus1: 12:20pm On Jan 22, 2023
monerozi5590:

Of all the communication skills like listening, writing,
Persuasive, interpersonal, phone skills and the rest. To me (subjective) Public Speaking is the most powerful, because if you open your mouth, you tell the whole world who you are.

That is Trump biggest problem today. I hope he doesn't lose to DeSantis.
Public speaking without interpersonal relationship skills in the boardroom and cabinet is shit. It is not the world that will give you situation report on finance, security or health.
Public speaking is a flashy skill to some extent. Biden with his stuttering and scrambling has created a record number of jobs in the last 2 years. Xi Jinping with his avoidance of public glare has placed China strategically. Same as Putin resurrecting Russia.

Trump that when he spoke captured people, was impeached and ended as a 1 term president

(1) (2) (3) ... (1271) (1272) (1273) (1274) (1275) (1276) (1277) ... (4792) (Reply)

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 / Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion

Viewing this topic: TemporaryHansel, wman(m) and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 106
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.