Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,736 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:35 PM

EPL Chatroom - All Discussions - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (2079) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / EPL Chatroom - All Discussions (1446471 Views)

EPL 2023/2024: Who Would You Say Is The Flop Of The Season? / EPL: Weekend's Results, Updated Premier League Table And Top Scorers / EPL: Five Things We Learnt From The English Premier League This Weekend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2076) (2077) (2078) (2079) (2080) (2081) (2082) ... (4633) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by izzou(m): 6:05pm On Mar 20, 2023
Joezinho:

https://twitter.com/stfreakingkezy/status/1636311664810229762?s=46&t=Rkx9DmwixZWQ-YhBn1n3LA

So you formed a decision on a whole tribe from a Twitter link that you cannot verify anybody there?

I just wanted to know your source, and i am grateful you shared.

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by DissTroy(m): 6:06pm On Mar 20, 2023
Spy360:

Did people just wake up one morning and started declaring Lagos no man's land?

Or did they do so because GRV was contesting under LP? We know that GRV is a Lagosian and Sanwo Olu is not.

So why did the talk about Lagos being no man's land come up?

It was because APC thugs declared that those who are not from Lagos have no right to vote. Hat they have no right to exercise their franchise because they are not thorough Lagosians.

It was the same APC thugs that started using the language Lagos is not no man's land.
Let's be factual here. You should already know I don't do emotional reactions. There are at least 20 local search results pages on Nairaland of arguments being about Lagos being a no man's land, for and against it. 20 pages multiplied by 30 comments per page is 600 instances of back-and-forths about the topic. Please verify here: https://www.nairaland.com/search?q=Lagos+no+man%27s+land&search=Search .
And we haven't yet factored in hidden comments and the Nairaland Tsunami.

Local-search "Lagos no man's land" on Twitter and Facebook this minute, and you'd realize the proponents of that narrative are non-Yorubas from both the South South and South East. They happen to also form a significant part of Obi's support base as well as other candidates.

A relative few of such instances but it was repeated and re-echod over the years to get on the nerves. The extremists saw an opportunity but latched on to it.
Maybe we should have done more to quell the narrative. Maybe we ignored it and let the few voices become sparks and little fires. The extremists fueled that fire for political gain but they didn't light it.

I don't do emotions. I do facts!

So anybody blaming Obedients or LP supporters for the use of the language have actually fallen into the ethnocentric trap of the APC thugs unknowingly and many generally good Yoruba guys fell for it.

No body is dragging the Oba of Lagos with the Yorubas. It just a tribal slur invented by the APC thugs to discredit GRV and cause ethnic attack on non Yorubas especially Igbos.

Afterall the people that you are claiming are saying Lagos is no man's land actually supported the only true Lagosian in that election, while those claiming Lagos is not no man's land are fighting against the only true Lagosian in that election.

You do realize Obi, Tinubu and Atiku's supporters aren't monoethic support bases, right? They cut across. There are literally Yorubas on this thread who canvassed for Peter Obi more than Igbos, and on the wider social media.

Why do you ascribe my comment to being about Obidients? Man, I was "Obedient" - if you'd call me that - since 2018 and have posted my Nairaland comments backing up my claims - even when some where wishing ill of the man.

Don't make this about Obidients or the LP. This is about calling out erring people - a small fraction, even if they overlap as "my people".

You want the saner and liberal Yorubas to call out the hateful tribalists here? Then let's lead the way by calling out those amongst us who needlessly trigger people or fuel animosity with their disrespectful comments.

Again, two truths can exist:

- Anyone calling Lagos a no man's land or implicitly supporting it is a cretin, and;
- Any halfwit tacitly supporting the violence in Lagos and the hateful targeting of tribes has a blôwjob date with drugged piranhas.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Amigoss: 6:06pm On Mar 20, 2023
TrebleChamp:
This is what i was saying here yesterday, now this one is making peace between Yoruba and Igbo after election and damage has been done to his people. He still no even condemn MCOluomo's inciting statement...

https://www.nairaland.com/7619957/sen-ifeanyi-ubah-restores-peace

2027 election will come and PDP or Labour will present a Yoruba Candidate to wrestle power from Tinubu, Tinubu and his APC minions will again turn it into an Igbo vs Yoruba war as their do every 4 years.

Igbo and leaders of other tribes should wake up and start calling out the injustice their people are facing everywhere in the country...

Na,from what people like airhead has said it is better off staying off electioneering activities in Lagos

2 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by izzou(m): 6:07pm On Mar 20, 2023
Unlimited22:

Nwanne m Biko lepu onye a anya

It is good to ask oh.

There are people that will say some of these stuffs, and i won't bothered because the person's level of education could be a hindrance to thinking optimally

But when i see educated people say it, I really really need to ask.

Na Twitter link be the problem.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by OkpaNsukkaisBae(m): 6:07pm On Mar 20, 2023
izzou:

Na lie grin
Anyway, he owes no one sha

Same dude preaching against secessionist.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Spy360(m): 6:08pm On Mar 20, 2023
Ibime:

Rochas didn't do well anything

He built some substandard roads and tanked the finances within 2 years, leading to State Govt wage delinquency when it comes to payment of civil servants

Rochas is second only to Aregbe when it comes to financial mismanagement
My brother when I said he did well it was relative to the present situation. He did open some roads but they were highly substandard, even his bridges till today no one uses them. There was even a time he almost died after one of his pedestrian bridges collapsed during his commissioning. grin

You know that when person done soak garri to much even rice without meat will sound very good to him. That's the situation in Imo state.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Spy360(m): 6:12pm On Mar 20, 2023
DissTroy:

Let's be factual here. You should already know I don't do emotional reactions. There are lat least 20 local search results pages on Nairaland of arguments being about Lagos being a no man's land, for and against it. 20 pages multiplied by 30 comments per page is 600 instances of back-and-forths about the topic. Please verify here: https://www.nairaland.com/search?q=Lagos+no+man%27s+land&search=Search .

Local-search "Lagos no man's land" on Twitter and Facebook this minute, and you'd realize the proponents of that narrative are non-Yorubas from both the South South and South East. They happen to also form a significant part of Obi's support base as well as other candidates.

A relative few of such instances but it was repeated and re-echod over the years to get on the nerves. The extremists saw an opportunity but latched on to it.
Maybe we should have done more to quell the narrative. Maybe we ignored it and let the few voices become sparks and little fires. The extremists fueled that fire for political gain but they didn't light it.

You do realize Obi, Tinubu and Atiku's supporters aren't monoethic support bases, right? They cut across. There are literally Yorubas on this thread who canvassed for Peter Obi more than Igbos, and on the wider social media.

Why do you ascribe my comment to being about Obidients? Man, I was "Obedient" if you'd call me that since 2018 and have posted my Nairaland comments backing up my claims - even when some where wishing ill of the man.

Don't make this about Obidients or the LP. This is about calling out erring people, even if they overlap as "my people".

You want the saner and Liberal Yorubas to call out the hateful tribalists? Then let's lead the way by calling out those amongst us who needlessly trigger people or fuel animosity with their disrespectful comments.

- Anyone calling Lagos a no man's land or implicitly supporting it is a cretin, and;
- Any halfwit tacitly supporting the violence in Lagos and the hateful targeting of tribes has a blôwjob date with drugged piranhas.
Ok. If it is not about the elections then it's obviously clearly wrong.

As you can see from my response, I don't even see the statement as sensible, and so did not expect anyone to accept it.

However, it was a clear slur used against the LP supporters by APC thugs to discredit them from voting GRV. It was absolutely unnecessary and people on both sides fell for it.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by airmark(m): 6:20pm On Mar 20, 2023
Ibukzy:
So we would act like Sean and Don J never called Lagos "a no man land"

Make una continue

That guy, Sean, still told me today that they would take Lagos in future and nothing would happen. I like him, he is not a coward and treacherous like others covering up.

4 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by TrebleChamp(m): 6:20pm On Mar 20, 2023
airmark:

Brilliant, including the injustice done to Ebonyi people in other Eastern states by other Igbos.
Yep
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 6:22pm On Mar 20, 2023
Much ado about nothing !
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Emaprince: 6:23pm On Mar 20, 2023
So APC lost. I will like to believe PDP used APC tactics to get this victory. That will be very good.

https://www.nairaland.com/7620301/fintiri-defeats-binani-adamawa-governorship

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by KingTom(m): 6:23pm On Mar 20, 2023
GooodIady:

Lesbian stop messaging me privately asking for naked pictures
Spits on your soul 😫😫
Local razz girl
Nna ehn, this country has too many problems grin
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Spy360(m): 6:23pm On Mar 20, 2023
KingTom:

Hmmmm, hopefully they get it right by November. These una Governor titles dey mad me grin Okoroawusa, Cockorocha, Hopeless Hope, Uzodinyash to name but a few grin
grin

SE has always suffered from bad leadership. Our leaders are either stealing state resources or acting as stooges to external forces.

SE has always been unfortunate.

That was why PO gained attraction because he appeared as one that was against the status quo

4 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by KingTom(m): 6:25pm On Mar 20, 2023
Spy360:

grin

SE has always suffered from bad leadership. Our leaders are either stealing state resources or acting as stooges to external forces.

SE has always been unfortunate.

That was why PO gained attraction because he appeared as one that was against the status quo
I personally think that since I was born, although you can contest it, Engr. Dave Umahi has been the only SE Governor to comfortably beat his chest and say he's done well, his work speaks for him even his critics know grin even PO no reach Umahi in terms of performance
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by izzou(m): 6:26pm On Mar 20, 2023
1st Female Governor record torn to pieces

angry
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by airmark(m): 6:27pm On Mar 20, 2023
Emaprince:
So APC lost. I will like to believe PDP used APC tactics to get this victory. That will be very good.

https://www.nairaland.com/7620301/fintiri-defeats-binani-adamawa-governorship

That's Naija poliTRICKS for you.

We should stop feigning ignorance and forming saint. No Governor got elected without electoral malpractices in that country.

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by izzou(m): 6:27pm On Mar 20, 2023
KingTom:

I personally think that since I was born, although you can contest it, Engr. Dave Umahi has been the only SE Governor to comfortably beat his chest and say he's done well, his work speaks for him even his critics know grin even PO no reach Umahi in terms of performance

Ngige, Chime are people i know that did well too.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Theflint1(m): 6:29pm On Mar 20, 2023
DissTroy:

Let's be factual here. You should already know I don't do emotional reactions. There are at least 20 local search results pages on Nairaland of arguments being about Lagos being a no man's land, for and against it. 20 pages multiplied by 30 comments per page is 600 instances of back-and-forths about the topic. Please verify here: https://www.nairaland.com/search?q=Lagos+no+man%27s+land&search=Search .
And we haven't yet factored in hidden comments and the Nairaland Tsunami.

Why do you ascribe my comment to being about Obidients? Man, I was "Obedient" - if you'd call me that - since 2018 and have posted my Nairaland comments backing up my claims - even when some where wishing ill of the man.

Don't make this about Obidients or the LP. This is about calling out erring people - a small fraction, even if they overlap as "my people".

You want the saner and liberal Yorubas to call out the hateful tribalists here? Then let's lead the way by calling out those amongst us who needlessly trigger people or fuel animosity with their disrespectful comments.

Sorry, but the bolded is BS, one only needs look at the content of that link to see why I say so, comments of people arguing over the "No man's land" mantra is what is your evidence of Igbo's saying Lagos is no man's land...incredulous. Comments from this thread are part of the link you posted and I'm sure no one has today said "Lagos is no man's land" on this thread...multiply arguments like the ones we've had on this thread across Nairaland and that forms the bulk of your "facts"?

I'm sure it'd be largely same on Twitter and other social media platforms.

3 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by OasisX: 6:29pm On Mar 20, 2023
izzou:
1st Female Governor record torn to pieces

angry

grin

We will try again in 2027. Mama Taraba first, now Binani..... chei.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by KingTom(m): 6:30pm On Mar 20, 2023
izzou:

Ngige, Chime are people i know that did well too.
They tried, even Willie sef to some also tried.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by raumdeuter: 6:30pm On Mar 20, 2023
The losers. I wonder why Obi is not there

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by airmark(m): 6:30pm On Mar 20, 2023
OasisX:

.....most likely!

Hmnnn, I think BAT also is attracted to him.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Ibime(m): 6:31pm On Mar 20, 2023
izzou:

32k dolls?

Okpansukkaisbae should help us clarify
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by izzou(m): 6:31pm On Mar 20, 2023
OasisX:

grin

We will try again in 2027. Mama Taraba first, now Binani..... chei.

I hear say this woman na Atiku choice too

Hopefully, those behind her remains till 2027.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by raumdeuter: 6:32pm On Mar 20, 2023
See you in 2027

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by EmmanuelScott1(m): 6:32pm On Mar 20, 2023
Ibime:

32,000 naira 😂
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by OasisX: 6:32pm On Mar 20, 2023
cool

Father Alia wins Benue State Governorship Election, Polls 473,933 votes to defeat PDP'S Titus Uba who scored 223,913 votes.

2 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by izzou(m): 6:32pm On Mar 20, 2023
Ibime:

Na naira oh
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by OasisX: 6:34pm On Mar 20, 2023
izzou:

I hear say this woman na Atiku choice too

Hopefully, those behind her remains till 2027.

....hopefully she's gonna be rewarded with a political appointment by President-Elect. She needs to be actively involved as usual to get a shot in 2027.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by izzou(m): 6:34pm On Mar 20, 2023
KingTom:

They tried, even Willie sef to some also tried.

Yeah

Na Imo and Abia na him no too enjoy like that
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by OasisX: 6:36pm On Mar 20, 2023
airmark:

Hmnnn, I think BAT also is attracted to him.

He made it clear in his victory speech that; he's gonna work with BAT 100%.

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (2076) (2077) (2078) (2079) (2080) (2081) (2082) ... (4633) (Reply)

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 / Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion

Viewing this topic: Emaprince and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.