Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,846 members, 7,820,948 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:35 AM

EPL Chatroom - All Discussions - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (249) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / EPL Chatroom - All Discussions (1455011 Views)

EPL 2023/2024: Who Would You Say Is The Flop Of The Season? / EPL: Weekend's Results, Updated Premier League Table And Top Scorers / EPL: Five Things We Learnt From The English Premier League This Weekend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (246) (247) (248) (249) (250) (251) (252) ... (4647) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Oasis007(m): 10:03pm On Aug 08, 2022
larride:
Hopefully the blue line becomes operational by the end of the year as promised.

I guess it's red line.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Theflint1(m): 10:05pm On Aug 08, 2022
larride:

I actually thought you are one of the sensible ones here. Sorry I engaged you.

Continue.
Lol...I knew in secret that you were one of the truly stupid ones and you proved me right today. Learn to stay on topic, even if that topic is Adebayo Shittu. So today is the first time that a public official is being cussed cheesy

2 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by izzou(m): 10:05pm On Aug 08, 2022
larride:

Na wetin now chief. How that way?

Mile 2 to Marina.

I doubt if it will reduce much.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Roland17(m): 10:14pm On Aug 08, 2022
larride:

Nobody is crying but if you think someone who went to law school, became a barrister and rose to become Attorney General is a thug because he doesn't know what buoyed means then I dont have anything to say to you.

Nevertheless it doesn't change the fact that the man has achieved more than 95% of those in your lineage. Not bad for a thug. cheesy

Baba, I can see how this interview can raise levels of frustration for people on both sides.

While you are right about Shittu, whom I think should not be disrespected for not knowing the meaning of a word (nothing is wrong in that I must clarify, nobody knows it all) it is his approach and subsequent reaction that made the interview tensed. He was already defensive from the start of the interview as though he was expecting some level of bias from the interviewers.

The lady should also take a portion of the blame. She was too insistent in correcting Shittu about the word “Bouyed” and its use during the interview, which only made everything worse because Shittu felt attacked. She did not need to engage him any further regarding that point, Shittu’s response alsready proved he did not understand the meaning of buoyed, she should have moved on. Another interviewer may have allowed the issue go rather than insisting and riling him up even further.

Finally baba, let’s be careful with how we glorify public servants or people who have served the public in the past. They are/ were public servants for a reason, it comes with the territory. They would forever remain accountable to the people irrespective of when they served. Shittu did not do anyone favors by becoming an Attorney General of a minister in Nigeria, rather, Nigerians did him and his career a favor.

Senator Nnamani got into a spat with a Twitter user and before you know it, the exchange degenerated into name calling between both. The disparity in wealth/ power between our leader/ politicians and its followers is huge and this gulf which is represented by the opposite extremes of rich and poor fuels this disdain and anger.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by obainojazz(m): 10:22pm On Aug 08, 2022
So Larride sees wealth gotten by looting and says this one has achieved more than someone’s generation.
Only some people in Nigeria will think this way, abroad they are meant to serve us, here people like larride worship them cheesy

12 Likes 4 Shares

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by PDPGuy: 10:36pm On Aug 08, 2022
larride:

That's the plan. The rail will hopefully decongest the road.
Fingers crossed
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by larride(m): 1:47am On Aug 09, 2022
Roland17:

Baba, I can see how this interview can raise levels of frustration for people on both sides.

While you are right about Shittu, whom I think should not be disrespected for not knowing the meaning of a word (nothing is wrong in that I must clarify, nobody knows it all) it is his approach and subsequent reaction that made the interview tensed. He was already defensive from the start of the interview as though he was expecting some level of bias from the interviewers.

The lady should also take a portion of the blame. She was too insistent in correcting Shittu about the word “Bouyed” and its use during the interview, which only made everything worse because Shittu felt attacked. She did not need to engage him any further regarding that point, Shittu’s response alsready proved he did not understand the meaning of buoyed, she should have moved on. Another interviewer may have allowed the issue go rather than insisting and riling him up even further.

Finally baba, let’s be careful with how we glorify public servants or people who have served the public in the past. They are/ were public servants for a reason, it comes with the territory. They would forever remain accountable to the people irrespective of when they served. Shittu did not do anyone favors by becoming an Attorney General of a minister in Nigeria, rather, Nigerians did him and his career a favor.

Senator Nnamani got into a spat with a Twitter user and before you know it, the exchange degenerated into name calling between both. The disparity in wealth/ power between our leader/ politicians and its followers is huge and this gulf which is represented by the opposite extremes of rich and poor fuels this disdain and anger.

While I understand where you are coming from, that is definitely not the point.

You'd see clearly that my defense of Shittu is being called a thug (which was an attempt to mock Tinubu anyways). Someone that went to law school, graduated and became a Barrister cannot be called a thug. A former attorney general cannot be called a thug just because he has a shouting match with a presenter on TV. Politicians are humans too and sometimes they fùck up.

But to degenerate another person because you think it will help you score a cheap point about another man is wrong, Adebayo Shittu might be anything but he is not a thug. That's the point.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by larride(m): 1:48am On Aug 09, 2022
obainojazz:
So Larride sees wealth gotten by looting and says this one has achieved more than someone’s generation.
Only some people in Nigeria will think this way, abroad they are meant to serve us, here people like larride worship them cheesy

Lol, you have always been like this so I'm not surprised.

You have started having another discussion in your head again. Obiano, take care of your mental health.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by larride(m): 1:56am On Aug 09, 2022
izzou:

Mile 2 to Marina.

I doubt if it will reduce much.

The red line is expected to start operation by the end of this year and the blue line is expected to start 1st quarter of 2023. The red line will run from Agbado - Yaba.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Emmynator(m): 2:02am On Aug 09, 2022
ONE NIGERIA grin
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by obainojazz(m): 2:29am On Aug 09, 2022
larride:

Lol, you have always been like this so I'm not surprised.

You have started having another discussion in your head again. Obiano, take care of your mental health.
Usual gutter insult grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Gboy1026: 4:34am On Aug 09, 2022
larride:

You are talking nonsense. The only reason you and the others are calling him a thug is because you guys think he's someone a Tinubu guy not knowing whatever he became in APC was because he was with Buhari in CPC.

Nowhere do you call a barrister who was a former attorney general of a state a thug. There is plenty videos of your idol Wike trashing talking and nobody has called him a thug here.

Politics do not confer the right to you to just insult or label anybody you dont like.
But this thing pain u oh. For u to bring his lineage into this discussion
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Amoto94(m): 6:46am On Aug 09, 2022
Some will downplay the positives and amplify the negatives so much for not being haters, you can hide your creed but your companions will expose it for the observant. From the foremost of our problems in this part is our hypocrisy and being sentimental with truth.
In the same vein you criticise the failures/shortcomings of individual(s), you should also praise their successes no matter how small they are don't downplay them or disregard them completely by attributing them to someone else.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Amoto94(m): 7:14am On Aug 09, 2022
Nigeria to take delivery of 130-ton railway crane and supporting boom flat cars for the lifting of stranded trains on rail tracks . They can also be used for rail-laying, bridge erection, installation of components along the railway and loading/unloading of cargoes.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by donjazet(m): 7:45am On Aug 09, 2022
Amoto94:
Some will downplay the positives and amplify the negatives so much for not being haters, you can hide your creed but your companions will expose it for the observant. From the foremost of our problems in this part is our hypocrisy and being sentimental with truth.
In the same vein you criticise the failures/shortcomings of individual(s), you should also praise their successes no matter how small they are don't downplay them or disregard them completely by attributing them to someone else.

By your logic, let me ask you a question?
If you know that someone was an armed robber who killed people on the highway but in the same vein built a church or place of worship in his community, how do you think such a person should be regarded?

We are not perfect beings but if your bad sides far surpasses your good sides, then you should be outrightly condemned. That's why a bad government must be outrightly condemned, in doing so you set the bar or standard of performance very high.

This your line of thinking is why governance performance is very low in this part of the world.

A governor is given a budget of 500 billion naira, he uses 100 billion naira to build roads, schools etc but then squanders the remaining 400 billion, sharing it with his fellow cronies to the detriment of his subjects and you are here telling us to actually praise the governor for the works of the 100 billion when we know the person is a thief.

You see the problem with your logic?

4 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Amoto94(m): 7:56am On Aug 09, 2022
donjazet:

By your logic, let me ask you a question?
If you know that someone was an armed robber who killed people on the highway but in the same vein built a church or place of worship in his community, how do you think such a person should be regarded?

We are not perfect beings but if your bad sides far surpasses your good sides, then you should be outrightly condemned. That's why a bad government must be outrightly condemned, in doing so you set the bar or standard of performance very high.

This your line of thinking is why governance performance is very low in this part of the world.

A governor is given a budget of 500 billion naira, he uses 100 billion naira to build roads, schools etc but then squanders the remaining 400 billion, sharing it with his fellow cronies to the detriment of his subjects and you are here telling us to actually praise the governor for the works of the 100 billion when we know the person is a thief.

You see the problem with your logic?
My logic is an armed robber should be criticised and punished for his crimes and he should be praised not for using money from the proceeds of crime for building cathedrals rather such should be pulled down to serve as deterrent to others, but he should be praised for fetching water for the one that is thirsty to quench his/her thirst. This is my logic and it is clear from the onset but as usual you like inferring that which isn't intended or meant by using logic wrongly.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by donjazet(m): 7:57am On Aug 09, 2022
That's why I get pissed at people trying to highlight the "good" parts of this government.

Which nonsense "good part" when every single citizen is feeling the heat of your bad governance.
I'm ready to stake 20k for any of this APC supporters to travel by road from Abuja to Kaduna, and then from Kaduna to sokoto. Let's see if you make it alive.

There was a viral post on Twitter yesterday where people shared a part of an old olu maintains song sang in the 2000s where someone in the video was complaining about the high cost of fuel at 40 naira per liter. grin grin
And everyone was laughing in the comments saying if only he saw the future he would be thanking God.

For 15 years prior to 2014, the dollar was stable and always averaging 150 naira such that when it got to 200 naira, there was massive outcry, today dollar is about to run to 1000 naira and propagandists here are trying to brainwash you telling you it's out of governments hand, is it not foolishness?

We are experiencing an oil boom right now but instead of Nigeria to enjoy like other oil producing countries, we can't do anything about it, instead our excess crude account has been emptied, our debta has ballooned beyond healthy levels, 90 percent of our budget is ran on borrowed funds while our earnings are used to pay debt.

After seeing the massive economic failure of this government, you still say Nigerians should reward and retain this government, you are a demon!!!

A pure demon!!!

4 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Oasis007(m): 8:06am On Aug 09, 2022
grin

A loaf of Bread in the US is $2.50. Convert it to Naira, then compare it to Nigeria Price. Inflation hits everyone and everywhere, not just Nigeria.

Let's be guided.

In the U.S. and around the world, inflation is high and getting higher.

BY DREW DESILVER

https://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2022/06/15/in-the-u-s-and-around-the-world-inflation-is-high-and-getting-higher/
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Amoto94(m): 8:11am On Aug 09, 2022
donjazet:
That's why I get pissed at people trying to highlight the "good" parts of this government.

Which nonsense "good part" when every single citizen is feeling the heat of your bad governance.
I'm ready to stake 20k for any of this APC supporters to travel by road from Abuja to Kaduna, and then from Kaduna to sokoto. Let's see if you make it alive.

There was a viral post on Twitter yesterday where people shared a part of an old olu maintains song sang in the 2000s where someone in the video was complaining about the high cost of fuel at 40 naira per liter. grin grin
And everyone was laughing in the comments saying if only he saw the future he would be thanking God.

For 15 years prior to 2014, the dollar was stable and always averaging 150 naira such that when it got to 200 naira, there was massive outcry, today dollar is about to run to 1000 naira and propagandists here are trying to brainwash you telling you it's out of governments hand, is it not foolishness?

We are experiencing an oil boom right now but instead of Nigeria to enjoy like other oil producing countries, we can't do anything about it, instead our excess crude account has been emptied, our debta has ballooned beyond healthy levels, 90 percent of our budget is ran on borrowed funds while our earnings are used to pay debt.

After seeing the massive economic failure of this government, you still say Nigerians should reward and retain this government, you are a demon!!!

A pure demon!!!
For a start how many barrel of oil are we producing per day?
Will economic growth happen overnight without investment in critical infrastructures like power, education, roads, ports, and security?
On economic diversification you can't diversify an economy overnight it takes years, careful planning, and growing pains.
How will you deal with the monstrous wage bill of civil/public service without incurring the wrath of the people who see government as their own pie of the national cake?
How about our bicameral legislatures who are eating fat with little or nothing to show for their existence?
These are challenges that we must confront and your man will be overwhelmed by them within months

4 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Oasis007(m): 8:14am On Aug 09, 2022
Amoto94:

Will economic growth happen overnight without investment in critical infrastructures like power, education, roads, ports, and security?
On economic diversification you can't diversify an economy overnight it takes years, careful planning, and growing pains.
How will you deal with the monstrous wage bill of civil/public service without incurring the wrath of the people who see government as their own pie of the national cake?
How about our bicameral legislatures who are eating fat with little or nothing to show for their existence?
These are challenges that we must confront and your man will be overwhelmed by them within months

grin

You're well informed and not being driven by emotions and propaganda.

4 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by donjazet(m): 8:16am On Aug 09, 2022
Oasis007:
grin

A loaf of Bread in the US is $2.50. Convert it to Naira, then compare it to Nigeria Price. Inflation hits everyone and everywhere, not just Nigeria.

Let's be guided.
In the U.S. and around the world, inflation is high and getting higher.

BY DREW DESILVER

https://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2022/06/15/in-the-u-s-and-around-the-world-inflation-is-high-and-getting-higher/

My friend shut the hell up and stop being an unthinking propagandist!

All other government are taking steps to reduce the effects of inflation in their countries and have successfully done so, few months ago fuel was soo expensive in the west but it has consistently gone down for 2 months now due to government policies.

What has the Nigerian government done to alleviate and counter the effects of inflation, instead you have this sick decrepit old man even calling for more printing of the naira in order to make our currency lose all it's value kpata kpata.

5 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Oasis007(m): 8:17am On Aug 09, 2022
donjazet:

All other government are taking steps to reduce the effects of inflation in their countries and have successfully done so, few months ago fuel was soo expensive in the west but it has consistently gone down for 2 months now due to government policies.

What has the Nigerian government done to alleviate and counter the effects of inflation, instead you have this sick decrepit old man even calling for more printing of the naira in order to make our currency lose all it's value kpata kpata.

grin

You must be a big Foól to tell me that nonsense in bold. If you can't use your brain to reason and engage maturely and sensibly at your age, then definitely a Nut is missing somewhere.

9 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by donjazet(m): 8:21am On Aug 09, 2022
Amoto94:

Just imagine this absurdity. grin grin grin

If you ask me these questions, who I wan ask??

Did we not support and vote for these government to solve these problems?

Did Buhari and Tinubu not campaign to build new refineries, repair the existing ones and increase our oil output?
What happened??

Did this government not campaign on reducing the value of dollar to naira?

In 7 years, we have seen no increase AT ALL in power generation, instead it has gotten progressively worse.
So of what development do you talk about when insecurity and inflation is abound everywhere?

Do you know that all schools in Abuja are on lock down for close to a month now because of heightened insecurity challenges. This is the federal capital itself.
Is this not shameful?

4 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by donjazet(m): 8:24am On Aug 09, 2022
Oasis007:

grin

You must be a big Foól to tell me that nonsense in bold. If you can't use your brain to reason and engage maturely and sensibly at your age, then definitely a Nut is missing somewhere.

The fact that you post a smiling emoji before every single post whether propaganda colored or heated shows that you are wrongly configured.
I'm sorry but I can't continue to let you try to decieve gullible fence seaters into drinking poison because it's served with tribal glass.

I hope you rise above this archaic mentality eventually.

4 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Oasis007(m): 8:24am On Aug 09, 2022
grin

He's asking me what Government has done to alleviate and counter the effects of Inflation like he's living in the Moon and not in the Country.

AGMEIS is created to help Farmers improve their Productivities through non-interest loan.

Tradermoni was launched to help the poorest in the Country.

Jobs were created via NPower for the Youths to at least getting some income and taking care of their Needs...... and lots more.

An idiotic, tribal Bigot, retaŕded youth would rather exposing his mental illness online by seeking useless Attention, instead of seeking that Attention at a psychiatric Clinic.

8 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Amoto94(m): 8:26am On Aug 09, 2022
donjazet:

Have you heard of quantitative easing? That's what Tinubu meant by printing more money to spend, it works in the shortwhile but it's not sustainable. Tinubu was speaking in Keynesian terms you can criticise it without dismissing it completely. My friend you have a lot to learn so that you won't come off as boastfully ignorant

3 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Oasis007(m): 8:30am On Aug 09, 2022
Amoto94:

Have you heard of quantitative easing? That's what Tinubu meant by printing more money to spend, it works in the shortwhile but it's not sustainable. Tinubu was speaking in Keynesian terms you can criticise it without dismissing it completely. My friend you have a lot to learn so that you won't come off as boastfully ignorant

grin

.... that Dólt is empty but he seems overrating himself..... LMFAO

5 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Amoto94(m): 8:31am On Aug 09, 2022
donjazet:

Just imagine this absurdity. grin grin grin

If you ask me these questions, who I wan ask??

Did we not support and vote for these government to solve these problems?

Did Buhari and Tinubu not campaign to build new refineries, repair the existing ones and increase our oil output?
What happened??

Did this government not campaign on reducing the value of dollar to naira?

In 7 years, we have seen no increase AT ALL in power generation, instead it has gotten progressively worse.
So of what development do you talk about when insecurity and inflation is abound everywhere?

Do you know that all schools in Abuja are on lock down for close to a month now because of heightened insecurity challenges. This is the federal capital itself.
Is this not shameful?
Politicians over promise during campaigns and under deliver during governance when elected because they are limited by budgetary and revenue constraints. How much was crude oil selling our major source of income when this government came into power and how many barrel were we producing?
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by nihilistjnr: 8:33am On Aug 09, 2022
Amoto94:

Literally every major economy did exactly what Tinubu was recommending during the pandemic.

That round of QE between 2020 and 2021 is partially responsible for global inflation we're now experiencing, but if you want to criticise Tinubu for suggesting QE in 2020, you might as well criticise almost every single central bank in the world.

15 Likes 5 Shares

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Amoto94(m): 8:35am On Aug 09, 2022
Oasis007:

grin

.... that Dólt is empty but he seems overrating himself..... LMFAO
It is funny that despite the free lessons Ibime and co have been teaching on Economics he has not learn a thing he will type longworded sentences lacking in substance and meaning to wow the uninformed person.

5 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Oasis007(m): 8:36am On Aug 09, 2022
grin

Army, Navy and Airforce are recruiting now, they need Humans not Jins to join them and counter the Menace of Insecurity.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by donjazet(m): 8:37am On Aug 09, 2022
Yes yes, the famous line, shut your senses and your emotions while we sell the poison for you to drink.

These evil people are trying to tell us that seven whole years were not enough to increase power generation meanwhile Egypt added 20000mw in just 4 years. Peter Obi went there to understand how this was possible in terms of administrative bureaucracy, financial structuring and physical implementation of how they were able to do so in such a quick period of time.

But agbadorians want you to believe that 7 years is not enough to build a brand new refinery, put an end to oil bunkering and pipeline vandalism, repair of existing refineries etc. No. APC now needs 16 years to so it and perhaps when their incompetence continues, it will turn to 20 years that they need while a whole generation is wasted.

DEMONS!

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (246) (247) (248) (249) (250) (251) (252) ... (4647) (Reply)

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 / Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion

Viewing this topic: obainojazz(m) and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.