Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,182 members, 7,849,683 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 07:53 AM

EPL Chatroom - All Discussions - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (3080) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / EPL Chatroom - All Discussions (1534747 Views)

EPL 2023/2024: Who Would You Say Is The Flop Of The Season? / EPL: Weekend's Results, Updated Premier League Table And Top Scorers / EPL: Five Things We Learnt From The English Premier League This Weekend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3077) (3078) (3079) (3080) (3081) (3082) (3083) ... (4772) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Segedinho(m): 4:49pm On Aug 09, 2023
raumdeuter:

States get different revenues so no one can say exactly but on average with 36 states Maths roughly (1.9trillion/36) minus (750bn/36 states) which is 52.7bn - 20.8bn = approximately 32bn extra per month per state
Let look at it this way.

Subsidy funds per month÷=400b

Difference bw faac allocation =1.9tr-750b=1.15tr.

Which is likely to crumble the country

🙄🙄
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Itsrm(m): 4:59pm On Aug 09, 2023
izzou:
Itsrm

How far with your police report issue?

I sorted it out the very next day. Got the police extract and court affidavit.

I no want those thieves in black wahala. I do anything that will make me avoid them
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by raumdeuter: 5:03pm On Aug 09, 2023
Segedinho:

Let look at it this way.

Subsidy funds per month÷=400b

Difference bw faac allocation =1.9tr-750b=1.15tr.

Which is likely to crumble the country

🙄🙄

There are other things that can crumble the country like lack of money to fund project, develop infrastructures, lack of money to pay salaries

So We are sacrificing 400bn to give the country back 1.15tr sounds like a very good deal
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Segedinho(m): 5:10pm On Aug 09, 2023
raumdeuter:

There are other things that can crumble the country like lack of money to fund project, lack of money to pay salaries

So We are sacrificing 400bn to give the country back 1.15tr sounds like a very good deal
Lols..

Now let remove 400bn from d 1.9tr...we will be left with 1.5tr..

Are you saying development and a whole lot wouldn't have happened if the FG has redirected d 1.5tr record FAAC disbursement. ??

States definitely would have had more money despite the subsidy .

Let remove sentiment for once......

Again..what ponzi was played to realise 1.15tr from sacrificing 400bn??
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by raumdeuter: 5:13pm On Aug 09, 2023
Segedinho:
Lols..
Now let remove 400bn from d 1.9tr...we will be left with 1.5tr..
Are you saying development and a whole lot wouldn't have happened if the FG has redirected d 1.5tr record FAAC disbursement. ??
States definitely would have had more money despite the subsidy .
Let remove sentiment for once......

We have stopped using money to defend the Naira, Using money to defend oil prices(Subsidy) the savings from it is what makes 1.9tr

When we were doing both, was when governors were complaining they couldnt pay salaries anymore and that also become the reasons they gave why capital projects cannot continue

Now they have no excuse, which is why its time to hold their shirts properly
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by raumdeuter: 5:17pm On Aug 09, 2023
Segedinho:

Again..what ponzi was played to realise 1.15tr from sacrificing 400bn??

Subsidy was not the only fiscal policy change made

See below how much was spent defending Naira at different times under Buhari and under Jonathan

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Ihebu4chelsea(m): 5:18pm On Aug 09, 2023
Political Slaves!! cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Segedinho(m): 5:19pm On Aug 09, 2023
raumdeuter:

We have stopped using money to defend the Naira, Using money to defend oil prices(Subsidy) the savings from it is what makes 1.9tr

When we were doing both, was when governors were complaining they couldnt pay salaries anymore and that also become the reasons they gave why capital projects cannot continue

Now they have no excuse, which is why its time to hold their shirts properly
Same thing baba..

Our extreme hardship is due to 2 policies(subsidy n fx).

Will 1.5tr record FAAC reimbursement be too small as against d previous 750b let assume d 400b was infused back into subsidy?.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Segedinho(m): 5:22pm On Aug 09, 2023
raumdeuter:

Subsidy was not the only fiscal policy change made

See below how much was spent defending Naira at different times under Buhari and under Jonathan
I think the most important obligation of FG is the well being of her people...

You are running away from the main question...Will 1.5tr record FAAC reimbursement be too small compared to the 750b being disbursed b4

Let assume unification was done only

2 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by raumdeuter: 5:25pm On Aug 09, 2023
Segedinho:
Same thing baba..
Our extreme hardship is due to 2 policies(subsidy n fx).

Will 1.5tr record FAAC reimbursement be too small as against d previous 750b let assume d 400b was infused back into subsidy?.

What the govt has done is to stop all those loopholes that is draining govt resources at once and give the extra saving to the governors who are directly in contact with the populace to let them meet their campaign promises
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Segedinho(m): 5:27pm On Aug 09, 2023
raumdeuter:

What the govt has done is to stop all those loopholes that is draining govt resources at once and give the extra saving to the governors who are directly in contact with the populace to let them meet their campaign promises
You and I know this is a big lie.

Let assume he was too lazy to run a check up on daily usage of petrol and this led to us spending 400b per month..

My question remains.....Will 1.5tr not be enough since same gov have been managing 750b??

That is my stand...

3 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by raumdeuter: 5:28pm On Aug 09, 2023
Segedinho:

I think the most important obligation of FG is the well being of her people...
You are running away from the main question...Will 1.5tr record FAAC reimbursement be too small compared to the 750b being disbursed b4
Let assume unification was done only

Both Subsidy and FX are 2 leaks in the bucket attacking our income. Part of the well being is to give as much money to states to impact the lives of the citizens close to them which is what Asiwaju prioritized

Now the governors are saving part of it, Maybe if only unification was done there might not be enough to pay salaries, do projects, service state debts and save for future
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Melzflander: 5:32pm On Aug 09, 2023
GloriousGbola:
There have been four successful coups over the years. Any trend that is not arrested will grow and thrive. These are clearly not isolated instances

As it is some soldiers may be getting ambitious

If anyone is naive enough to wish for the same in Nigeria - then understand that banning twitter will be child's play compared to what you get from coupists backed by repressive regimes. You will know and learn the true meaning of repression. People like rufai will shut up or do 20 years with hard labour.

As it usually is in politics, there are no clear answers and several possible outcomes.

We already have a situation in zamfara - gold mining - where there is obviously some symbiosis between Chinese gold miners and bandits.

I do not know the nature of our lithium reserves, but if they are located up north, and in commercial quantities, some people may be encouraged to seek for a split. Especially as all they now need is a Chinese railway from Niger to Sudan port to evacuate the materials.

I am looking for an investor who can buy in to a lithium mining project for immediate excavation with at least 10-30 million naira.
The previous activities were halted based on financial constraints.
Site location: Nasarrawa state
My contact: 08109891421
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Segedinho(m): 5:34pm On Aug 09, 2023
raumdeuter:

Both Subsidy and FX are 2 leaks in the bucket attacking our income. Part of the well being is to give as much money to states to impact the lives of the citizens close to them which is what Asiwaju prioritized

Now the governors are saving part of it, Maybe if only unification was done there might not be enough to pay salaries, do projects, service state debts and save for future
OK I agree with you that both are leaks.

Now we have been able to gain disbursable 1.9tr....how does re-infusing 400bn to help the masses who are caught in the Web of hardship a bad thing?

Let assume he was too lazy to run a check up on daily usage of petrol and this led to us spending 400b per month..

My question remains.....Will 1.5tr not be enough since same gov have been managing 750b??

That is my stand...

Am happy you have inadvertently admitted that the subsidy is too meagre to plunge us into a total collapse

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by raumdeuter: 5:35pm On Aug 09, 2023
Segedinho:

You and I know this is a big lie.
That is my stand..

How were govs managing 750bn? Is non payment of salary part of the management you want to continue? If you are the ones being wed 6months salary even with fuel at 100Naira, I doubt you would be defending this as managing

My stand is give govs more power to impact the people directly under them.

Zamfara might say out of the fuel they are subsiding, Na Lagos and Ogun dey use cars most and its cheating for Zamfara to pay in subsidizing Lagos cars so Agric is what matters to Zamfara most and use his money for farms

Enugu which fuel subsidy are you talking about when roads no even dey. Subsidy na for Lagos and Rivers people. So Enugu might say its road construction that is most important and use theirs for road

Benue might say which subsidy when our people are being killed daily, shey na dead men go use subsidy?, Na security we need more and use their money for more security.

Bayelsa say what subsidy? how many fuel we dey use, Na erosion and flooding be our problems

While Edo will say its that subsidy that is most important and use their money to get but subsidize fuel for their people

That is the point of fiscal federalism which Tinubu always preached about and campaigned for. Every state take your money and decide whats important to you

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Segedinho(m): 5:39pm On Aug 09, 2023
raumdeuter:

How were govs managing 750bn? Is non payment of salary part of the management you want to continue? If you are the ones being wed 6months salary even with fuel at 100Naira, I doubt you would be defending this as managing

My stand is give govs more power to impact the people directly under them.

Zamfara might say out of the fuel they are subsiding, Na Lagos and Ogun dey use cars most and its cheating for Zamfara to pay in subsidizing Lagos cars so Agric is what matters to him most and use his money for farms

Enugu which fuel subsidy are you talking about when roads no even dey. Subsidy na for Lagos and Rivers people. So Enugu might say its road construction that is most important and use theirs for road

Benue might say which subsidy when our people are being killed daily, shey na dead men go use subsidy?, Na security we need more and use their money for more security.

While Edo will say its that subsidy that is most important and use their money to get but subsidize fuel for their people

That is the point of fiscal federalism which Tinubu always preached about and campaigned for. Every state take your money and decide whats important to you
So doubling it to 1.5tr will still not be enough..
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by raumdeuter: 5:40pm On Aug 09, 2023
Segedinho:
OK I agree with you that both are leaks.
Now we have been able to gain disbursable 1.9tr....how does re-infusing 400bn to help the masses who are caught in the Web of hardship a bad thing?
That is my stand...
Am happy you have inadvertently admitted that the subsidy is too meagre to plunge us into a total collapse

400bn is not meager How many states in the entire country have a budget of more than 400bn Naira

States have different needs not every state use fuel equally.

Its like saying a school decides to feed every student, Student A might not need food and need books, another need uniform, another need more teachers. So the solution is the money budgeted for food. I will hand over to each one of you and use it to cater to which part dey pain yu pass
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by raumdeuter: 5:41pm On Aug 09, 2023
Segedinho:

So doubling it to 1.5tr will still not be enough..

What is wrong with giving them the money and they use for whatever dey pain each state pass
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by izzou(m): 5:44pm On Aug 09, 2023
Make dem let Lauren James breef naa grin grin grin

She don apologise. Alozie don forgive am, but fans no gree

The thing don turn to gender fight sef! grin
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Segedinho(m): 5:45pm On Aug 09, 2023
raumdeuter:

400bn is not meager How many states in the entire country have a budget of more than 400bn Naira

States have different needs not every state use fuel equally.

Its like saying a school decides to feed every student, Student A might not need food and need books, another need uniform, another need more teachers. So the solution is the money budgeted for food. I will hand over to each one of you and use it to cater to which part dey pain yu pass
In our argument..it is meagre......

We were disbursing 750b and subsidizing with 400 b...u believed d 400b will lead us into total collapse..

Your subsequent argument proves that from the money realised,the 400b is actually negligible to what might actually crumble the nation....
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Segedinho(m): 5:46pm On Aug 09, 2023
raumdeuter:

What is wrong with giving them the money and they use for whatever dey pain each state pass
We are saying same thing...give them the 1.5tr....put the 400b in general use which have direct impact on price of commodities as well as our day to day activities
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by raumdeuter: 5:46pm On Aug 09, 2023
Segedinho:

In our argument..it is meagre......

We were disbursing 750b and subsidizing with 400 b...u believed d 400b will lead us into total collapse..

Your subsequent argument proves that from the money realised,the 400b is actually negligible to what might actually crumble the nation....

How is 400bn negligible? How many percent of the increase is 400bn that makes it neligible
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by raumdeuter: 5:48pm On Aug 09, 2023
Segedinho:

We are saying same thing...give them the 1.5tr....put the 400b in general use which have direct impact on price of commodities as well as our day to day activities

What general use? Subsidy money has been given to each

Since morning you havent told me what stops individual state gov from using their own excess share to subsidize their own state fuel consumption
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Segedinho(m): 5:49pm On Aug 09, 2023
raumdeuter:

How is 400bn negligible? How many percent of the increase is 400bn that makes it neligible
I believe you understand my stand and just trying to twist it...
Sorry i used the negligible adjectives....

Here,the 400b isn't what is responsible for the collapse you were forecasting....
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by raumdeuter: 5:50pm On Aug 09, 2023
Segedinho:

I believe you understand my stand and just trying to twist it...
Sorry i used the negligible adjectives....

Here,the 400b isn't what is responsible for the collapse you were forecasting....

The point is not about saving from collapse, Its about making them thrive

Its like saying you need 10 spoons of food from not dying and I give you exactly 10 spoons. What it will mean is that you wont die but not like you will function like you are meant to

The point is not just to make the states not collapse, Its to make them thrive and impact the people like they should
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Segedinho(m): 5:51pm On Aug 09, 2023
raumdeuter:

What general use? Subsidy money has been given to each

Since morning you havent told me what stops individual state gov from using their own excess share to subsidize their own state fuel consumption
Weren't we better of with the 400b subsidy fund

Is 1.5tr not enough as against the previous FAAC?
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by raumdeuter: 5:52pm On Aug 09, 2023
Segedinho:

Weren't we better of with the 400b subsidy fund

Is 1.5tr not enough as against the previous FAAC?

I wont answer you until you tell me or answer why a State cannot take its own excess money given and use it to provide subsidy for the state people
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Segedinho(m): 5:53pm On Aug 09, 2023
raumdeuter:

The point is not about saving from collapse, Its about making them thrive

Its like saying you need 10 spoons of food from not dying and I give you exactly 10 spoons. What it will mean is that you wont die but not like you will function like you are meant to
This is not the case..

We were receiving 10 spoons(750b)...now statistics shows we will be given 20 spoons(1.5tr) and still have 400b left to encourage the masses since the failure of 24hrs electricity
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Segedinho(m): 5:55pm On Aug 09, 2023
raumdeuter:

I wont answer you until you tell me or answer why a State cannot take its own excess money given and use it to provide subsidy for the state people
State during election didn't promise stable 24hrs electricity and dollar/naira rates reduction. ...

2 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by raumdeuter: 5:57pm On Aug 09, 2023
Segedinho:

State during election didn't promise stable 24hrs electricity and dollar/naira rates reduction. ...

What did states promise during election? The citizen of the states are suffering oga governor take your excess from faac and use it to provide subsidy

https://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2023/01/02/obaseki-promises-improved-power-supply-across-edo-to-spur-industrialisation

BTW this is your governor promising electricity

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Segedinho(m): 6:01pm On Aug 09, 2023
raumdeuter:

What did states promise during election? The citizen of the states are suffering oga governor take your excess from faac and use it to provide subsidy
Good roads...timely payment of salary and allowances...schools and healthcare..

These they have done whilst stealing....Oshiomole was able to pull the stunt with allocation of 750b or less.

Doubling their income means they have got no option bit what is the fate of an average man if roads are good but he's unable to feed well .......
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Segedinho(m): 6:02pm On Aug 09, 2023
raumdeuter:

https://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2023/01/02/obaseki-promises-improved-power-supply-across-edo-to-spur-industrialisation

BTW this is your governor promising electricity
"Improved"...very crucial..

Here,I blv ďoubling his income will do d magic....and I blv d 1.5tr is a good one

(1) (2) (3) ... (3077) (3078) (3079) (3080) (3081) (3082) (3083) ... (4772) (Reply)

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 / Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion

Viewing this topic: MrJaay(m), CrystalTiger(m), Ellexy, OkpaNsukkaisBae(m), GloriousGbola, RevFrEbuka(m), mikuz(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.