Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,917 members, 7,863,221 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 01:18 PM

EPL Chatroom - All Discussions - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (3124) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / EPL Chatroom - All Discussions (1574337 Views)

EPL 2023/2024: Who Would You Say Is The Flop Of The Season? / EPL: Weekend's Results, Updated Premier League Table And Top Scorers / EPL: Five Things We Learnt From The English Premier League This Weekend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3121) (3122) (3123) (3124) (3125) (3126) (3127) ... (4843) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by reccy(m): 4:40pm On Aug 19, 2023
A001:

Read this tripe you put here and go and preach it to your clerics and fellow Muslims to stop terrorizing people with threats of end time, hell-fire, demons that only exist in your imagination and those of your clerics. No freethinker goes about on evangelism using threats, violence, coercion to make people embrace irreligion. We simply don't have the time and interest.

You're the one trying to force, instigate and push your stupid agenda on everyone here with your incessant attacks on anyone that has divergent views from yours.

People normally ignore you here because you have a big problem. I engage you to clear some misconceptions you rolled out in your bid to attribute all your life problems on Islam.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by reccy(m): 4:42pm On Aug 19, 2023
A001:

I don't have time for silly arguments. Anyone can do a simple practical with your "holy" book outside and watch the whole country burn with the chaos and violence by you and your fellow Muslims.

Hehehe.

His usual line of escape route. Go and burn the Qur'an now. Who is holding you?

2 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by OkpaNsukkaisBae(m): 4:49pm On Aug 19, 2023
reccy:

Hehehe.

In Sweden... People no
send islam. dem dey burn koran on a daily
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by A001: 4:51pm On Aug 19, 2023
reccy:

You're the one trying to force, instigate and push your stupid agenda on everyone here with your incessant attacks on anyone that has divergent views from yours.

People normally ignore you here because you have a big problem. I engage you to clear some misconceptions you rolled out in your bid to attribute all your life problems on Islam.
You just disgraced your religion further. In many towns in the Southwest, so many shrines of the native gods and goddesses have been destroyed and burnt to the ground by the Muslims.

And the Isese people didnt wage a war against the Muslims. But let anyone touch Qur'an or any of Allah's shrines called mosques and watch the whole area burn with violent actions from the Muslims.

You regularly ridicule, condemn, and demonize other religions but when the same action is meted to you, you start a war.

Some Isese practitioners responded to the ridicule and demonization of their ancestors, leaders, and culture generally by you, the Muslims, and the violent extremists attacked them in the night with the police and remanded one of the currently.

Where's it done in the world that you abuse me and call my father unprintable names, and I'm not allowed to retaliate even in my own country? And you're typing garbage here.

As I said yesterday, no religion has the monopoly of violence, and what goes around comes around.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by reccy(m): 4:53pm On Aug 19, 2023
OkpaNsukkaisBae:

In Sweden... People no
send islam. dem dey burn koran on a daily

Ahbi. He can also find a place where "people no send isalm and burn now"
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by A001: 4:56pm On Aug 19, 2023
reccy:

Hehehe.

That's why I called you an animal. Continue fighting your god's battles for him. When you need assistance here or anywhere, you'll find helpers, you won't get one.

What goes around comes around.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by A001: 4:59pm On Aug 19, 2023
reccy:

Hehehe.

His usual line of escape route.
Yes. I'm not here for silly arguments. I'm just here to read a few posts briefly and go offline as I've a very busy schedule.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDicks: 5:21pm On Aug 19, 2023
A001:

You just disgraced your religion further. In many towns in the Southwest, so many shrines of the native gods and goddesses have been destroyed and burnt to the ground by the Muslims.

And the Isese people didnt wage a war against the Muslims. But let anyone touch Qur'an or any of Allah's shrines called mosques and watch the whole area burn with violent actions from the Muslims.

You regularly ridicule, condemn, and demonize other religions but when the same action is meted to you, you start a war.

Some Isese practitioners responded to the ridicule and demonization of their ancestors, leaders, and culture generally by you, the Muslims, and the violent extremists attacked them in the night with the police and remanded one of the currently.

Where's it done in the world that you abuse me and call my father unprintable names, and I'm not allowed to retaliate even in my own country? And you're typing garbage here.

As I said yesterday, no religion has the monopoly of violence, and what goes around comes around.

The Isese practitioners are not saints themselves, at least according to History. Oro worshippers who fall under Isese practitioners are known to be highly intolerant.

As a kid my dad told me about the story of Apalara the islamic cleric and how he was murdered by oro worshippers in Ebute Meta. Apalara was killed simply cos he converted to Islam, started preaching against the traditional religion and on the allegation that he was exposing their secret. How is that different from extremist Muslims who kill people for apostacy? His murderers were later hanged upon sentencing by the courts. U can catch up on the story in the link below.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2020/12/apalara-murder-mystery-alfa-bisiriyu-apalara-1918-1953/

While u may want to argue that that was a case that predated independence and not a regular occurrence in modern day, please check the link below for an incident as recent as April 2023 when Oro worshippers attacked Muslims while observing their prayers in a mosque in Ile Ife

https://pmnewsnigeria.com/2023/04/01/how-oro-worshippers-attacked-muslims-inside-mosque-in-ile-ife/

PS: My post is not to support Muslim, Christians or traditional religion worshippers, but just to let u know that almost all the religions are not perfect and they have their fair share of fanatics.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by OkpaNsukkaisBae(m): 5:22pm On Aug 19, 2023
reccy:

Ahbi. He can also find a place where "people no send isalm and burn now"

nope. He is a nigerian citizen. There is freedom of worship & religion here according 2 our constitution. The police shld protect all worshippers whether you're for Isese, Islam or Xtianity.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by A40(m): 5:25pm On Aug 19, 2023
DissTroy:

Iyin mostly factors in us praying and all of those religiously fanatic words and phrases when he gives opinions about our socioeconomy. No definite plan even though he weilds influence amongst these policy makers.

He gave no real plan on how it'd be implemented, just idealistic scenarios.
Lol. Him Papa na G.O of one of Nigeria's biggest churches so you shouldn't be surprised
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Itsrm(m): 5:27pm On Aug 19, 2023
monerozi5590:
[/b]

The bolded is one of the reasons Emefiele stopped selling dollars to BDCs in July 2021. He said they are contravening their licences and FX regulations. He called them agents that facilitates graft and corruption. Emefiele started dealing with banks only because they are easier to regulate. This caused scarcity of dollars in BDCs and the gap between the official rate and parallel rate widens the more. Everyone can argue where they belong to. What happens when there is reduction in FX inflow? That's another question.

The exchange rate is one of the big reasons the price of fuel keeps jumping up until FG intervention. Johnson Chuckwu, an Economics said Tinubu should not have allowed two variables to move at the same time. That perhaps, we should have hang on on the exchange rate. Then market forces will then determine the price alone and not exchange rate.

The exchange rate is the reason Rotus and Rufai keeps fighting. grin grin grin Rufai is for fixing and Rotus is for floating. Rufai said FG has the money to fix and Rotus told him FG doesn't have the money.

Looking back at 2012. Buhari my man said it is a scam. Most Nigerians protested against it. Sanusi, NOI and others predictions if subsidy is not removed in 2012 are coming out right.

Should we continue to borrow borrow borrow and come to a default level or we should take those hard decision to reposition the country? To reposition the country just like Tinubu said should be the focus but should be guided like one step at a time.

Corruption is one of our problems and I pray we take it seriously.

I absolutely agree with this. Even those of us with elementary demand and supply economics we learnt in secondary school knew floating the Naira will be a disaster.

Were it not for this temporary measure they just took, we easily could have ended up buying fuel at 1500/litre and the economy will be at the brink of total collapse.

Like I said earlier, I'm glad the old man is finally coming back to his senses and reversing most of his idiotic policies.

When they are ready to make the country work, we will know and will be ready to support them by bearing whatever pain we have to bear.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDicks: 5:33pm On Aug 19, 2023
Itsrm:

I absolutely agree with this. Even those of us with elementary demand and supply economics we learnt in secondary school knew floating the Naira will be a disaster.

Were it not for this temporary measure they just took, we easily could have ended up buying fuel at 1500/litre and the economy will be at the brink of total collapse.

Like I said earlier, I'm glad the old man is finally coming back to his senses and reversing most of his idiotic policies.

When they are ready to make the country work, we will know and will be ready to support them by bearing whatever pain we have to bear.

Me and u dey together inside this boat. As much as we might want to troll him for being a fraud based on what his supporters sold to the people as being strategic, master planner and other things he's not; the koko be say he's retracing his footsteps and not foolishly insisting on following through with some of the ridiculous policies/decisions he took.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by DissTroy(m): 5:57pm On Aug 19, 2023
A40:
Lol. Him Papa na G.O of one of Nigeria's biggest churches so you shouldn't be surprised

Oh. Now I understand.

But I'm not asking that he ditches his spirituality. He should tone down on his religiosity to give more practical solutions. A lot of us in the space look up to him.
I do, for instance.

chrisooblog:
I think you judge him too harshly. Yes he's open about his faith but if you go through his timeline he always gives suggestions using his experiences in tech and business.

For someone who was heavily involved in setting up two tech companies that went unicorn it's a bit of an exaggeration to label him a religious fanatic.

I learn from him. I interact with his posts and he with my comments sometimes. No major player in the tech venture capital space gives you founders and business-scaling tips like Iyin.

Well, until it comes to Nigerian socio-politico-economics, and he goes "Jesus said in the book of..., if we implement this and that."
"I surrender my finances to Jesus and we should too as a country if we must move forward.."

No, sir, you didn't found and run billion-dollar companies by just surrendering to Jesus. You put in the work. Insist on same about policy implementation in government.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by sod09(m): 7:04pm On Aug 19, 2023
Nihilistjnr seems Yoruba is the second language in London
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Itsrm(m): 7:05pm On Aug 19, 2023
BlueRayDicks:

Me and u dey together inside this boat. As much as we might want to troll him for being a fraud based on what his supporters sold to the people as being strategic, master planner and other things he's not; the koko be say he's retracing his footsteps and not foolishly insisting on following through with some of the ridiculous policies/decisions he took.

The bolded really cracked me up. cheesy

Even his die hard supporters have stopped the he did it in Lagos, he will do it again mantra. Everybody eye don red cheesy
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Roland17(m): 7:10pm On Aug 19, 2023
Stay strong Machala..
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDicks: 7:12pm On Aug 19, 2023
Itsrm:

The bolded really cracked me up. cheesy

Even his die hard supporters have stopped the he did it in Lagos, he will do it again mantra. Everybody eye don red cheesy

Talking about red eyes, I saw on Punch Newspapers IG page a video of a massive crowd that besieged Somolu local government council to collect the palliatives being shared at the secretariat. Hunger really dey the land due to these policies o
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by GloriousGbola: 7:14pm On Aug 19, 2023
BlueRayDicks:

The Isese practitioners are not saints themselves, at least according to History. Oro worshippers who fall under Isese practitioners are known to be highly intolerant.

As a kid my dad told me about the story of Apalara the islamic cleric and how he was murdered by oro worshippers in Ebute Meta. Apalara was killed simply cos he converted to Islam, started preaching against the traditional religion and on the allegation that he was exposing their secret. How is that different from extremist Muslims who kill people for apostacy? His murderers were later hanged upon sentencing by the courts. U can catch up on the story in the link below.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2020/12/apalara-murder-mystery-alfa-bisiriyu-apalara-1918-1953/

While u may want to argue that that was a case that predated independence and not a regular occurrence in modern day, please check the link below for an incident as recent as April 2023 when Oro worshippers attacked Muslims while observing their prayers in a mosque in Ile Ife

https://pmnewsnigeria.com/2023/04/01/how-oro-worshippers-attacked-muslims-inside-mosque-in-ile-ife/

PS: My post is not to support Muslim, Christians or traditional religion worshippers, but just to let u know that almost all the religions are not perfect and they have their fair share of fanatics.

Same applies to agnostics and atheists.

The khmer rogues official policy was atheism

As is China

Burma/ mynamar practices Buddhism and they had no problems wiping out the rhoyinha

Any bets as to what a Nigeria run by the likes of our noisemaking self styled agnostic today traditional religion advocate tomorrow will be like with his intolerance and contempt for those sheeple who practice abrahamic religions?
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Roland17(m): 7:44pm On Aug 19, 2023
Who else is watching the World Athletics Championships?
cc: Chic2pimp

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by A001: 8:24pm On Aug 19, 2023
BlueRayDicks:

Every religion has their issues, which is why I personally don't support practicing any form of religion.

However, Isese is relatively peaceful compared to a toxic religion like Islam.

The Muslims in this part of the world regularly demonize and condemn Isese and their deities.

They call Esu Satan, refer to Orunmila Ogun, Ifa, Sango, Oya, and many great ancestors of Yorubas as demons.

They call Allah Olorun, thereby destroying the Yoruba cultural heritage.

But when the same treatment is meted out to them, all hell breaks loose, and they've been going after the Isese practitioners at night that responded to their clerics in a like manner with the aid of some policemen.

I don't see the relevance of your post at this period when every Yoruba person knows the history of Isese, especially Sango and Oro worshippers.

Are the Isese practitioners attacked and remanded Sango or Oro worshippers?

The right thing for every true Yoruba person to do is to support Isese against the Fulani attacks using Islam as a pretext to grab lands and expand their sphere of influence, which is what they know how to do best.

This is not the right time for history. Another Isese practitioner was arrested yesterday night for so-called defamation.

By next week, they might go after another adherent in the night.

Even though I don't practice Isese, as a Yoruba, I consider Isese as Yoruba culture.

Every right-thinking Yoruba person should do so as well because our culture has been relegated to the background by the Arab and Israeli cultures.

That's not right unless you see nothing wrong in being considered second or third-class after Arab/Fulani and/or white respectively.

That's what these Isese practitioners are fighting against, and I don't see how this post is relevant at a time when Isese practitioners are under attack by Muslim extremists.

There's no national holiday for traditional religions in this country. And you don't see that as a genuine issue?

That's one of the things the guy remanded recently unjustly is clamoring for. So, I really don't see the point of this post you made at this period of time when I'm well aware of Oro practice in Yorubaland and their issues.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by A001: 8:25pm On Aug 19, 2023
Gaia advancing scientific discoveries in Astronomy/Astrophysics: https://fb.watch/mwO56UaHMJ/?mibextid=Nif5oz
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by reccy(m): 8:26pm On Aug 19, 2023
A001:

[i]Some Isese practitioners responded to the ridicule and demonization of their ancestors, leaders, and culture generally by you, the Muslims, and the violent extremists attacked them in the night with the police and remanded one of the currently[/i].

Empty gibberish!!!!

No reasonable person will commend those doing that. If we live in a working society, those people would have been arrested and sued to court. No compulsion in Islam, so anybody doing that should be meant to face the full wrath of the law.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Ellexy: 8:27pm On Aug 19, 2023
Meanwhile...

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by larride(m): 8:28pm On Aug 19, 2023
chrisooblog:
Iyin Aboyeji made the suggestion on twitter some days ago. Hopefully Bosun Tijani can convince PBAT, Wale Edun and the CBN to try that route.

Yes. I saw his post and I agree with it.

He also suggested that CBN should bring Fintech into the official fx market. Alot if diaspora remittances goes through those fintech who mostly source their $$ from the parallel market. Remittance that should be going into the official fx market going to parallel market will only continue to make the $$ gain over the naira.

The CBN should look into it. Bring all the players into the official market and regulate and monitor them with stringent regulations.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by reccy(m): 8:31pm On Aug 19, 2023
OkpaNsukkaisBae:

nope. He is a nigerian citizen. There is freedom of worship & religion here according 2 our constitution. The police shld protect all worshippers whether you're for Isese, Islam or Xtianity.

Exactly bro. You don't blame the weak institutions on religion. If our institution is up and doing, no riffraff will wake up and start killing, harassing and burning down religious place of worship in guises of whatever.

Islam makes it clear and frowned upon destroying, killing, and burning down properties. Those idiots doing that should be made to face the music!

Is this too hard to understand?
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by reccy(m): 8:32pm On Aug 19, 2023
A001:

That's why I called you an animal. Continue fighting your god's battles for him. When you need assistance here or anywhere, you'll find helpers, you won't get one.

What goes around comes around.

We know you for this, so I'm not surprised!

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by A001: 8:33pm On Aug 19, 2023
reccy:

Empty gibberish!!!!

No reasonable person will commend those doing that. If we live in a working society, those people would have been arrested and sued to court. No compulsion in Islam, so anybody doing that should be meant to face the full wrath of the law.

I don't have your time. If perchance you leave Islam in the future, then you'd know theory is different from practice.

Many ex-Muslims today never for once thought they'd leave the religion.

No compulsion in religion, then what's death penalty for apostasy doing in Sharia laws? Historically, millions of apostates and heretics have been killed by Muslims.

And this brainless person is saying there's no compulsion in religion. Who told you Muslims believe that in reality?

Some delusional Muslims used to believe so until they gain exposure and enlightenment and left Islam. And they saw the real color of Islam with the series of attacks and death threats they received from every angle from Muslims.

Even an apostate is not safe from their own parents who are Muslims.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by A001: 8:34pm On Aug 19, 2023
reccy:

We know you for this, so I'm not surprised!

It's good you know any human that fights for a god is an animal.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDicks: 8:52pm On Aug 19, 2023
A001:

However, Isese is relatively peaceful compared to a toxic religion like Islam.

How is Isese relatively peaceful when I Just showed u evidence that their adherents kill ex-members for leaving and "revealing their secrets"?

Every Yoruba knows Oro worshippers will kill a woman who innocently/ignorantly flout their curfew hours. In what world is that a peaceful act?
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDicks: 8:54pm On Aug 19, 2023
GloriousGbola:

Same applies to agnostics and atheists.

The khmer rogues official policy was atheism

As is China

Burma/ mynamar practices Buddhism and they had no problems wiping out the rhoyinha

Any bets as to what a Nigeria run by the likes of our noisemaking self styled agnostic today traditional religion advocate tomorrow will be like with his intolerance and contempt for those sheeple who practice abrahamic religions?

That's just it. Almost all religion has its own extremists/extrimist views
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by A001: 8:59pm On Aug 19, 2023
BlueRayDicks:

How is Isese relatively peaceful when I Just showed u evidence that their adherents kill ex-members for leaving and "revealing their secrets"?

Every Yoruba knows Oro worshippers will kill a woman who innocently/ignorantly flout their curfew hours. In what world is that a peaceful act?
The word "relatively" is the key. I said Isese is relatively peaceful and you singled out Oro worshippers?

Is Oro worship the totality of Isese? Can you cite verses of Odu Ifa where Ifa or Orunmila or any other local deities specifically commanded their worshipers to fight against or kill non-Isese people?

Yorubas are generally known for their accommodating nature, and a Yoruba person is arguing against the fact that Isese is relatively peaceful.

Where do you think Yorubas learnt their accommodating nature from if not from Isese?

Do you know what Isese means? Or you think it's just a religion or all about Oro worship?

Isese means Yoruba culture and traditions, and the religious or worship aspect is just an element of these. Isese is very broad.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDicks: 9:11pm On Aug 19, 2023
A001:

The word "relatively" is the key. I said Isese is relatively peaceful and you singled out Oro worshippers?

Is Oro worship the totality of Isese? Can you cite verses of Odu Ifa where Ifa or Orunmila or any other local deities specifically commanded their worshipers to fight against or kill non-Isese people?

Yorubas are known for their accommodating nature, and a Yoruba person is arguing that Isese is relatively peaceful.

Where do you think Yorubas learnt their accommodating nature from if not from Isese?

Do you know what Isese means? Or you think it's just a religion or all about Oro worship?

Isese means Yoruba culture and traditions, and the religious or worship aspect is just an aspect of these. Isese is very broad.

Nobody has said Yorubas are not accommodating and nobody has said there are no good aspects of Isese. Nobody has said Isese encourages those who practice traditional religion to kill people who practice other religions or don't agree with their beliefs.

But just like u see bible verses which sound as if commanding Christians to dominate other people or Quaran verses which sounded like encouraging muslims to deal with unbelievers; there are Yoruba proverbs which some extremist Isese practitioners rely on too when they carry out some actions. When u hear proverbs like " a kin ri ajeku oro", "bi obirin ba fi oju di oro, oro a gbe". Then u know there's just no perfect religion.

Allow those that want to practice Islam, Christianity and even Traditional religion practice their religions. U can always condemn the evil done by religious people, but stop denigrating one religion to praise another.

6 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (3121) (3122) (3123) (3124) (3125) (3126) (3127) ... (4843) (Reply)

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 / Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion

Viewing this topic: YoungB1a(m), TrebleChamp(m), MeMiTi, raumdeuter and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 111
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.