Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,129 members, 7,867,274 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 01:14 PM

EPL Chatroom - All Discussions - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (3268) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / EPL Chatroom - All Discussions (1587210 Views)

EPL 2023/2024: Who Would You Say Is The Flop Of The Season? / EPL: Weekend's Results, Updated Premier League Table And Top Scorers / EPL: Five Things We Learnt From The English Premier League This Weekend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3265) (3266) (3267) (3268) (3269) (3270) (3271) ... (4867) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Theflint1(m): 6:54pm On Sep 11, 2023
raumdeuter:

This is a 2022 article which the minister for Aviation was talking about a visa ban
https://gazettengr.com/we-dont-care-about-visa-ban-on-nigerians-good-for-our-economy-aviation-minister-sirika/

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2023/03/uae-rejects-buharis-plea-maintains-indefinite-visa-ban-on-nigerians/

I think on this thread last year we even discussed it and blamed those hushpuppi people and cultists
Yea, clear. Congrats to Jagaban(dit), I pray he continues to undo the damage he enthroned on Nigeria via Buhari who he said he made president....2015 levels remain the standard for now.

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by raumdeuter: 6:54pm On Sep 11, 2023
izzou:

The way Nigerians dey rush UK ehn

Very soon, na to open centre for the 36 states

Its cyclical, dem go open one time and later close and then open

E get one time around 2003 t 2005 when dem begin do non appearance na that time most of my Uni classmates japa go UK but me I no like the country

Later around 2011 then close and tighten things
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by A001: 6:56pm On Sep 11, 2023
DeadPresidents:

Fair way to put it but it doesn’t apply to money alone.

Nikolai Tesla died delusional and alone. One of the greatest minds humanity has ever known but he had one-dimensional intelligence even though 6 types of intelligence exist. I’m not sure if he got what he wanted out of life.

Intelligence must be correlated with results or you’re just going to engage in relentless mental masturbation.
Tesla achieved the dream of every scientist: He made key contributions to science and wrote his name on the sands of time.

Do you know how his descendants would feel whenever they see physicists using that name all around the world when studying electromagnetics?

I don't think you understand the honor and feeling it brings when your name is used to name concepts in Physics studied by millions.

Then, the way we do science today is starkly different from how it was done in Tesla's times.

Today, if you had half or just a quarter of the knowledge Tesla had in his time, there's no way you wouldn't live comfortably. You can never be poor in today's Internet age.

That's why scientists invest a lot of time in research. The fact is, if you make certain discoveries as a scientist in modern times, you can never be poor.

There are just so many ways to make money off your discoveries as a scientist, unless you're based in Africa where the majority don't value science and technology.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Melvyn11: 6:59pm On Sep 11, 2023
Abuja citizens now demanding full rights to elect governor and 3 senate seats.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by DeadPresidents: 7:03pm On Sep 11, 2023
A001:

Tesla achieved the dream of every scientist: He made key contributions to science and wrote his name on the sands of time.

Do you know how his descendants would feel whenever they see physicists using that name all around the world when studying electromagnetics?

I don't think you understand the honor and feeling that brings when your name is used to name concepts in Physics studied by millions.

Then, the way we do science today is starkly different from how it was done in Tesla's times.

Today, if you had half or just a quarter of the knowledge Tesla had in his time, there's no way you wouldn't live comfortably. You can never be poor in today's Internet age.

That's why scientists invest a lot of time in research. The fact is, if you make certain discoveries as a scientist in modern times, you can never be poor.

There are just so many ways to make money off your discoveries as a scientist, unless you're based in Africa where the majority don't value science and technology.

It was still 1-dimensional fam and I say this not to mock his memory but to lament the possibilities that never happened. He understood Math and Physics at a high level but he didn’t understand how to collaborate with people and sell his ideas. That was the tragedy. I don’t think I’d like to go out of this world the way he did.

You can be a Marconi or Edison and leave you footprints on the sands of time whilst balling good.

I’d rather be a Feynman than a Tesla.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Amigoss: 7:17pm On Sep 11, 2023
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by monerozi5590: 7:27pm On Sep 11, 2023
raumdeuter:

George W Bush my favourite American president of recent years

When I was little, na me and VOA d sleep. I don't have access to internet and I love football news. So I always tune in to listen to Sony Side of Sports. VOA always play that speech every September 11. I don't know whether they still do it sha.

""Terrorists can shake the foundation our biggest buildings but cannot touch the foundation of America ............. Psalm 23, even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I shall fear no evil.""

God bless America. The greatest country on earth and God bless Nigeria.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by A001: 7:29pm On Sep 11, 2023
DeadPresidents:

It was still 1-dimensional fam and I say this not to mock his memory but to lament the possibilities that never happened. He understood Math and Physics at a high level but he didn’t understand how to collaborate with people and sell his ideas. That was the tragedy. I don’t think I’d like to go out of this world the way he did.

You can be a Marconi or Edison and leave you footprints on the sands of time whilst balling good.

I’d rather be a Feynman than a Tesla.
Tesla was Tesla, and Feynman was Feynman. Both were great physicists with good and bad sides, but Tesla was more influential.

Modern scientists don't aspire to be either unless they work in the same research area.

Life isn't a game you just choose, "I want to be this person or that person". There are various factors that shape a person's character.

I don't think there's any physicist that would say, "Oh, I want my life to be exactly like Tesla or Feynman". It just doesn't make sense.

Then most African scientists don't even aspire to lead their life like Tesla or Feynman because as an African, a scientist already has many forces working against him, unlike those in the West.

The environments are different.

Then, people that do Physics as a career mostly choose popular physicists that worked in their specific area of specialization as their mentor or guide. Physics is very wide.

About selling ideas, a person just does his best and leave the rest. No matter how good you sell some ideas, when the time for those ideas to be accepted by many people hasn't yet come, there's nothing you can do.

Some ideas would simply take years to be accepted by many people. It's nature.

When a part of the body has suffered a deep wound for long, it's unnatural to expect it to be cured on applying a treatment within a second or minute.

Such is the nature of some ideas. They'll be accepted when their time has come.

Anyone that promotes philosophy, science and technology in Africa would know it'd take years for many Africans to integrate them into their cultures unless such a person doesn't know the history of science and philosophy, especially in the West.

One just does one's best for posterity's sake. The current generation of Africans are mostly a lost cause. It's not a question of selling ideas to them, but the level of rot and decay.

3 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Emaprince: 7:30pm On Sep 11, 2023
raumdeuter:

No be emaprince dey Enugu? Seank. If I hear say you be no first on the queue
lol...I don't know but this Japa of a thing doesn't move me like that.

But I had a chat with my younger sis that went to states around may and she said something that really made sense to me.

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Roland17(m): 7:36pm On Sep 11, 2023
raumdeuter:

George W Bush my favourite American president of recent years

But why is he so vilified in the Republican Party and not respected like former Presidents from the party?

Is it because he wasn't conservative enough? He is barely involved with the party.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Roland17(m): 7:37pm On Sep 11, 2023
@Seankafor

Why your MCM no attend G20? grin
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by seankafor(m): 7:41pm On Sep 11, 2023
Roland17:
@Seankafor

Dem dey share palliative for G20? undecided
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 7:42pm On Sep 11, 2023
Amigoss:
Sanwoolu is a big failure sha..............

https://www.nairaland.com/7837095/road-leading-general-hospital-flooded

That road was Tinubu/Fashola 's project. It was one of the roads CCECC first constructed in Lagos.

Road wey dem construct and dem no do drainage. Wetin sanwoolu wan do? 🤷‍♂️
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Roland17(m): 7:44pm On Sep 11, 2023
seankafor:
Dem dey share palliative for G20? undecided

No, dem dey share handcuff and orange prisoner jumpsuit grin
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by OasisX: 7:45pm On Sep 11, 2023
donjazzet:
Oasis, more.
These are the reasons the middle East can't grow beyond whatever they are now. They must loosen their Islamic values to draw in investment.

grin

....check the date of your attached. LOL! You're always in haste to get astray, instead of taking your time to understand the path. Since when alcohol has been decriminalized in UAE?!

UÁE have been adjusting their laws and policies to favour westerners consistently. Friday and Saturday used to be weekend until 2021.

In fact church services used to be held on Friday because its general week-day break while Saturday is half work-day for many firms.

You're well educated but seem you need to work on your exposure to international events. Really surprised you bought that nonsense that Buhari Government successfully lifted ban on the Visa and Flight too. LOL!

Till now, work permit for Nigerians is banned, especially for new Immigrants, I hope its part of the new deal sha.

3 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by raumdeuter: 7:49pm On Sep 11, 2023
Roland17:

But why is he so vilified in the Republican Party and not respected like former Presidents from the party?

Is it because he wasn't conservative enough? He is barely involved with the party.

Trumpism. They feel he is not extreme like Trump. He is an establishment and not a disruptor like Trump. He is a simple guy not someone to beat his chest about his achievements or not, and many felt he was dull and not charismatic enough

Personally I don't trust radicals who say they will disrupt things whether to left or right, they most times are just demagogues and always end up being worse than those they chased out of power

Funny thing Democrats hated Bush throughout until he left power and they are seeing real werreys that came after Bush. It will be like Republicans who hate Biden now and see AOC succeed him
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by raumdeuter: 7:51pm On Sep 11, 2023
Roland17:
@Seankafor

G what? The only G that Putin is welcome at is Guantanamo Bay
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by larride(m): 7:52pm On Sep 11, 2023
Theflint1:
Seems the ban had been lifted prior but there were some monies being owed the UAE so airlines were not cleared to fly in...maybe the money has been paid now, or it's paid soon.

https://twitter.com/realkelvin07/status/1701255291516441019?t=e_cytJp4RA5-GVoVoOQyBw&s=19

This was in 2020.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Roland17(m): 7:53pm On Sep 11, 2023
raumdeuter:

Trumpism. They feel he is not extreme like Trump. He is an establishment and not a disruptor like Trump. He is a simple guy not someone to beat his chest about his achievements or not, and many felt he was dull and not charismatic enough

Personally I don't trust radicals who say they will disrupt things whether to left or right, they most times are just demagogues and always end up being worse than those they chased out of power

Funny thing Democrats hated Bush throughout until he left power and they are seeing real werreys that came after Bush. It will be like Republicans who hate Biden now and see AOC succeed him

I agree with you on the embolden.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Roland17(m): 7:55pm On Sep 11, 2023
raumdeuter:

G what? The only G that Putin is welcome at is Guantanamo Bay

Ordinary measurement and fitting of him jumpsuit and handcuff na him baba go into compulsive isolation grin
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Amigoss: 7:58pm On Sep 11, 2023
BlueRayDick:

That road was Tinubu/Fashola 's project. It was one of the roads CCECC first constructed in Lagos.

Road wey dem construct and dem no do drainage. Wetin sanwoolu wan do? 🤷‍♂️

Fair enough...My post na counter reply...na that pesin I wan make he explain explain with no evidence
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by GrammarNazi1(m): 7:58pm On Sep 11, 2023
iamoyindamola:

You wan lose your sense arguing with a penaldo fan
He say euros is similar to WC 🤣🤣🤣
Even Penaldo cannot make that statement.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 8:02pm On Sep 11, 2023
Amigoss:

Fair enough...My post na counter reply...na that pesin I wan make he explain explain with no evidence

grin

Okay, now I understand
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by OasisX: 8:05pm On Sep 11, 2023
grin

....this one dey throw punches at wall, but delusionally believes he is hitting someone. LOL!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 8:06pm On Sep 11, 2023
Dem supposed ban all these countries like Luxembourg 🤦‍♂️. Dem worse pass Sao Tome sef
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by OasisX: 8:08pm On Sep 11, 2023
grin

....if your name dey there, go clear your debt.

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by izzou(m): 8:08pm On Sep 11, 2023
BlueRayDick:
Dem supposed ban all these countries like Luxembourg 🤦‍♂️. Dem worse pass Sao Tome sef

Sao Tome worse abeg.

That match suppose be 15 minutes per half
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by raumdeuter: 8:08pm On Sep 11, 2023
monerozi5590:
When I was little, na me and VOA d sleep. I don't have access to internet and I love football news. So I always tune in to listen to Sony Side of Sports. VOA always play that speech every September 11. I don't know whether they still do it sha.

""Terrorists can shake the foundation our biggest buildings but cannot touch the foundation of America ............. Psalm 23, even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I shall fear no evil.""

God bless America. The greatest country on earth and God bless Nigeria.

The bold is right

I used to listen to VoA too on those small radios. His response to 9-11 endeared me to him more. That is when you know what it means to be a leader and take responsibility
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 8:11pm On Sep 11, 2023
izzou:

Sao Tome worse abeg.

That match suppose be 15 minutes per half

Luxembourg are Sao Tome with white skin jare. Of Ronaldo dey this match dem go Don score 4 already
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by OasisX: 8:22pm On Sep 11, 2023
donjazzet:
Oasis, see this thread below and see what I was saying about Dubai yesterday.

Read some of the comments under this to see why the middle East just can't have any sort of bright postoil future.

https://twitter.com/ProtonInspector/status/1700912132424978732?s=19

grin

....did you actually watch the clip? LOL!

That's JBR by the way. One of finest and most expensive locations. Far behind where big Ferris Wheel is located is called bluewater Island.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 8:24pm On Sep 11, 2023
What do coaches of countries like Luxembourg, San Marino, Kosovo and Co always promise when they get the job sef? To not get beat too many times or what?
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by OkpaNsukkaisBae(m): 8:42pm On Sep 11, 2023
Melvyn11:

You are the ones complicating everything. The Euros is at a similar level to the World cup. Messi has the World cup and 3 champions league. Ronaldo has the Euros and 5 champions league.

Messi has 4 ucl

(1) (2) (3) ... (3265) (3266) (3267) (3268) (3269) (3270) (3271) ... (4867) (Reply)

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 / Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion

Viewing this topic: BlueRayDick, liveLongNprospa(m), raumdeuter, Godstime001, Ihebu4chelsea(m) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.