Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,436 members, 7,819,583 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:28 PM

EPL Chatroom - All Discussions - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (3424) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / EPL Chatroom - All Discussions (1449397 Views)

EPL 2023/2024: Who Would You Say Is The Flop Of The Season? / EPL: Weekend's Results, Updated Premier League Table And Top Scorers / EPL: Five Things We Learnt From The English Premier League This Weekend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3421) (3422) (3423) (3424) (3425) (3426) (3427) ... (4636) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by larride(m): 6:56pm On Oct 04, 2023
izzou:

Sorry to ask.

The school is saying that Tinubu did not pick up his diploma in 1979.

Is this correct?

From that screenshot, the school is saying that he requested for a replacement diploma in 1997, the staff also put it on record that he was the one that made the typo. Instead of writing June 27 1997, he write June 27 1979.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Ellexy: 6:56pm On Oct 04, 2023
Android17:
I have a Nigerian Name and a Baptismal name but my Nigerian name is dominant. When I got my first job after graduating, I found out that volunteering for charitable stuff will reflect well on me in my performance assessments so I signed up to deliver free meals to elderly folks. I only signed up using my Nigerian name and work phone- they don't ask gender questions on the form and so on. On the day I was to get my first route, I received a text confirming that I will show up to take the meals at a certain time to which I agreed to.

However, when I showed up the lady was surprised to see that I was a male and when I pushed her further to divulge why she thought otherwise, she said my name (which she had not known before) sounded feminine. The reason being, most Caucasians see a name that ends with a vowel especially an "a" and they immediately assume it might be the femininized version of a unisex name. For example, Tony and Tonya, Roberto and Roberta etc.

So it is very plausible they could misconstrue the "Bola" name and slap an "F" beside it. It hardly means anything- so nobody will make any real issue out of it.

This is just a rough example of why Tinubu is not under any obligation to waste time explaining his life's story. He could have very reasonable stories to back any issues but it will not please you or any of his detractors because you cannot wake someone up who is pretending to be asleep.
I understand and I wish it's just some clerical error but it's not.

The president of Nigeria doesn't have a traceable past; Place of birth? Date of birth? Primary School attended? Secondary School attended? University certificate submitted to INEC = forged, Drugs and Narcotics forfeiture in the past, no known verifiable classmate etc... undecided

Haba nau, only one person

3 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by izzou(m): 6:56pm On Oct 04, 2023
Android17:
That is not what they meant and that is not what the question even stated. The lawyer was being smart by half. In law it is called "asking a leading question". A very common trick which is what I wanted to use to trap Amigoss.

If you noticed, the defense lawyer objected to it immediately and said the accuser was asking and answering the question at the same time. grin

I did not ask you

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by GrammarNazi1(m): 6:57pm On Oct 04, 2023
The president of Nigeria is a ghost then.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Ellexy: 6:57pm On Oct 04, 2023
raumdeuter:

Cruise is fun, I'm glad Tinubu and I are able to provide some fun
Fun for you maybe but definitely not for Tinubu or Nigeria's image internationally.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by izzou(m): 6:58pm On Oct 04, 2023
larride:

From that screenshot, the school is saying that he requested for a replacement diploma in 1997, the staff also put it on record that he was the one that made the typo. Instead of writing June 27 1997, he write June 27 1979.

But read the part i circled in blue.

This is a deposition oh.

What does that part mean?

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Android17: 6:58pm On Oct 04, 2023
izzou:

I did not ask you
Then ignore. I did not answer it caring about who asked it.

2 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 6:59pm On Oct 04, 2023
larride:

Things dey occur. One of my friend guy committed suicide last week.

According to my friend, the guy was depressed for like 3 months, they all rallied round him and things seems to be turning for good, he began smiling again, going out and all before he got a call that the guy committed suicide.

Omo! This is cold.

I’ve once witnessed an attempted suicide before ; it took the whole neighbourhood almost 2 hours to beg the bros to come down from the platform that was used to carry water tanks which he had climbed and was already tying the rope around his neck to dangle therefrom . Back then things were still better than now sef .
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by seankafor(m): 6:59pm On Oct 04, 2023
larride:

Things dey occur. One of my friend guy committed suicide last week.

According to my friend, the guy was depressed for like 3 months, they all rallied round him and things seems to be turning for good, he began smiling again, going out and all before he got a call that the guy committed suicide.
any person wey commit suicide na coward..

Instead of to commit suicide, why not go on a do or die mission.. that way, you hit it and your misery is over , also you die your misery is also over.. that way you will be referenced and accoladed as someone who died trying..

Instead of dieing cowardly through suicide

The only way suicide might be an option is if you re in a vegetative bed ridden health condition.. this time you can be applied with assisted suicide which is legal in some books..

Someone with full functioning body parts commiting suicide is the most cowardly act I have ever seen

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by izzou(m): 6:59pm On Oct 04, 2023
I don even confuse for wetin i dey read
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by izzou(m): 7:00pm On Oct 04, 2023
seankafor:
any person wey commit suicide na coward..

Instead of to commit suicide, why not go on a do or die mission.. that way, you hit it and your misery is over , also you die your misery is also over.. that way you will be referenced and accoladed as someone who died trying..

Instead of dieing cowardly through suicide

The only way suicide might be an option is if you re in a vegetative bed ridden health condition.. this time you can be applied with assisted suicide which is legal in some books..

Someone with full body parts commiting suicide is the most cowardly act I have ever seen

You think say e easy to kill yourself?

Person wey commit suicide no be coward oh.

3 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Android17: 7:00pm On Oct 04, 2023
Ellexy:
I understand and I wish it's just some clerical error but it's not.

The president of Nigeria doesn't have a traceable past; Place of birth? Date of birth? Primary School attended? Secondary School attended? University certificate submitted to INEC = forged, Drugs and Narcotics forfeiture in the past, no known verifiable classmate etc... undecided

Haba nau, only one person
He does but he does not have to divulge that to you or any random person asking for it. That is what I mean.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by DontBullshitMe: 7:01pm On Oct 04, 2023
raumdeuter:

I believe you so I will show you
Okay.

I understand from this that a replacement diploma was issued to Tinubu in 1997, but the school didn't EXPRESSLY say it is the same thing as the "INEC diploma".

Am I still missing something??
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 7:01pm On Oct 04, 2023
izzou:

Very easy

He climbed the pedestrian bridge, tied his neck and tied the other end to the rails

Then he probably jumped, but luckily people saw him and someone volunteered his bus to catch him as he was landing.

Hmmmmmm

Well, there’s one good thing about Lagosians they always come to the rescue when matters like this sup
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by GloriousGbola: 7:02pm On Oct 04, 2023
OasisX:
grin

EL OH EL!!!

Following secondary school, Abubakar studied a short while at the Nigeria Police College in Kaduna. He left the College when he was unable to present an O-Level Mathematics result, and worked briefly as a Tax Officer in the Regional Ministry of Finance, from where he gained admission to the School of Hygiene in Kano in 1966. He graduated with a Diploma in 1967, having served as Interim Student Union President at the school. In 1967 he enrolled for a Law Diploma at the Ahmadu Bello University Institute of Administration, on a scholarship from the regional government. After graduation in 1969, during the Nigerian Civil War, he was employed by the Nigeria Customs Service.[17]

In 2021, Abubakar successfully completed and passed his Master's degree in International Relations at Anglia Ruskin University.[18]

From Wikipedia

grin
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Amigoss: 7:02pm On Oct 04, 2023
Android17:
Before I respond, is this the continuation from the last screenshot or something random?

Note: it doesn't support your argument in either ways.

Continuation and part of the deposition...
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by izzou(m): 7:03pm On Oct 04, 2023
BlueRayDick:

Well, there’s one good thing about Lagosians they always come to the rescue when matters like this sup

Maybe the guy wanted us to see him sha.

That was Lekki Epe Expressway

Person wey wan truly die go drink sniper for house, or tie himself for him sitting room.

This is not to mock or insult him sha. I just dey rant.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by seankafor(m): 7:04pm On Oct 04, 2023
izzou:

You think say e easy to kill yourself?

Person wey commit suicide no be coward oh.
na coward bro..

Since you don zero mind to end it all, why not look for drug connects and push it..

There are other Daring hardened tasks that is life risk you can venture on

You can embark on sea or desert migration to japa..

You can even join armed robbery or banditry.. bunkering.. etc

That way you die, you die..

You make it you go out of poverty

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Android17: 7:05pm On Oct 04, 2023
Amigoss:

Continuation and part of the deposition...
Exactly.

The question is a tricky way of saying what Tinubu submitted to INEC is not the version of the diploma your institution was issuing in 1979, right?

Yes that is correct but even Tinubu is not claiming that is the 1979 version of his diploma. That is the point.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by izzou(m): 7:05pm On Oct 04, 2023
seankafor:
na coward bro..

Since you don zero mind to end it all, why not look for drug connects and push it..

There are other Daring hardened tasks that is life risk you can venture on

You can embark on sea or desert migration to japa..

You can even join armed robbery or banditry.. bunkering.. etc

That way you die, you die..

You make it you go out of poverty

It's all about perspective sha. We can agree to disagree.

But it take more than enough balls to kill yourself.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 7:06pm On Oct 04, 2023
izzou:

Person wey wan truly die go drink sniper for house, or tie himself for him sitting room.

There are two sets of people I don’t try to rationalize their thought process cos it’s almost impossible to;

1. Criminals

2. People who commit/attempt to commit suicide .

U no go just understand how dem dey reason

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by izzou(m): 7:07pm On Oct 04, 2023
BlueRayDick:

There are two sets of people I don’t try to rationalize their thought process cos it’s almost impossible to;

1. Criminals

2. People who commit/attempt to commit suicide .

U no go just understand how dem dey reason

Yeah.

But truly, life tough for Nigeria.

There's more than enough on our plates to drive one mad
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by seankafor(m): 7:09pm On Oct 04, 2023
izzou:

It's all about perspective sha. We can agree to disagree.

But it take more than enough balls to kill yourself.
it's cowardly in all ramifications....

I'll rather die in pursing the cause of my suicidal thoughts, if it's man made, I'll rather die in pursuit of the person that caused it than me cowardly ending it without a fight..

Like I said, the only exception is a bed ridden vegetative state-like sickness
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by DontBullshitMe: 7:10pm On Oct 04, 2023
Android17:
Any piece of paper that Tinubu writes his name on as well as his alma mater - claiming to have graduated from the school - is as good as any diploma or certificate that would have come from the school itself. Once you have that settled you will see that Atiku's lawyers are simply milking and bilking him.

Let's say the certificate Tinubu submitted was "fake" what does that have to do with CSU? Their only interest is in certifying that Tinubu went to and graduated from their school. If he did, how can whatever he tendered be fake? It can't because it is simply claiming exactly what CSU have confirmed to be true.

Think of it another way. Did Tinubu claim he graduated at an earlier time than the school were willing to testify? Did he claim a class of degree that was higher than what he actually graduated with? If no, then how can any paper that he typed the same thing on the certificate be fake? It can't because it is not the quality of paper or font type that makes a certificate real or fake. It is the claim on it. CSU have agreed with Tinubu's claims. Q.E.D.

(Meanwhile they will use his pictures as one of their most celebrated alumni - as per being a president).
This is an interesting argument ngl. He couldn't have forged a certificate because he practically stated what the CSU would have stated on his "supposed original certificate".
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Android17: 7:14pm On Oct 04, 2023
DontBullshitMe:

This is an interesting argument ngl. He couldn't have forged a certificate because he practically stated what the CSU would have stated on his "supposed original certificate".
Gbam!
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by raumdeuter: 7:17pm On Oct 04, 2023
DontBullshitMe:

Okay.

I understand from this that a replacement diploma was issued to Tinubu in 1997, but the school didn't EXPRESSLY say it is the same thing as the "INEC diploma".

Am I still missing something??

CSU was answering what the lawyer asked him

There was one place where INEC was mentioned and it was that the 1979 diploma is different from the INEC diploma and CSU answered that is correct. (See attached page)

The INEC diploma is the replacement ordered in1997 not a 1979 diploma

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by raumdeuter: 7:21pm On Oct 04, 2023
Ellexy:
Fun for you maybe but definitely not for Tinubu or Nigeria's image internationally.

Why is this not fun for Tinubu? He sent opponents on a wild goose chase, Instead of them looking for evidence of rigging or evidence that they got more votes than Tinubu and should be the one sworn in, they are wasting time in Chicago courts

Is there anything found on it that is new or we didnt know before or that stained him as a person?

I agree that its not good for Nigerias image abroad because we are viewed as smart people and would be surprised how so many smart people can suddenly lose it and become un-smart
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by raumdeuter: 7:49pm On Oct 04, 2023
Ellexy:
No one can tell me Bobo Chicago and his people are happy with all these rogbodiyan and dragging going on. I know if he has all those answers, he'll easily put them out there and shut everyone up, that's how he does things.

But in this matter so, e no dey be say e no dey. E get why them steal Donald Duke childhood pictures.
E be things.

Jagaban don talk am since, he has no time for petty talks na Obi be that one wey dey talk all over the place

1 Like 1 Share

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Theflint1(m): 8:07pm On Oct 04, 2023
izzou:

Very easy

He climbed the pedestrian bridge, tied his neck and tied the other end to the rails

Then he probably jumped, but luckily people saw him and someone volunteered his bus to catch him as he was landing.

Hmmmmmm
Shouldn't his neck have snapped immediately he jumped? This is the only way I can think of him doing it, but I'm surprised his neck didn't snap from the jump.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by izzou(m): 8:09pm On Oct 04, 2023
Theflint1:
Shouldn't his neck have snapped immediately he jumped? This is the only way I can think of him doing it, but I'm surprised his neck didn't snap from the jump.

I don't know oh

That has to be the only explanation on why he is in the middle of the road, and a rope is on the bridge.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 8:15pm On Oct 04, 2023
izzou:

To an extent u were right . I just saw another camera view of the incident showing how he got up there and how he ended up getting dangling by the rope

https://www.instagram.com/reel/Cx-1n5UtGG8/?igshid=NTc4MTIwNjQ2YQ==

It appears the guy was indeed depressed , but at the same time he was not 100% committed to ending it all .

The bros most likely needed help and wanted people to reason him matter
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by iamoyindamola(m): 8:18pm On Oct 04, 2023
Ellexy:
No one can tell me Bobo Chicago and his people are happy with all these rogbodiyan and dragging going on. I know if he has all those answers, he'll easily put them out there and shut everyone up, that's how he does things.

But in this matter so, e no dey be say e no dey. E get why them steal Donald Duke childhood pictures.
E be things.
Ibo latun jaasi bayii 🤣🤣🤣

(1) (2) (3) ... (3421) (3422) (3423) (3424) (3425) (3426) (3427) ... (4636) (Reply)

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 / Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion

Viewing this topic: MonsieurCoder, ixyi(m), cephasdultimate, PendragonVII, KingTom(m), ouzo1(m), BlueRayDick and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.