Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,873 members, 7,848,546 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 05:32 AM

EPL Chatroom - All Discussions - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (3513) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / EPL Chatroom - All Discussions (1529112 Views)

EPL 2023/2024: Who Would You Say Is The Flop Of The Season? / EPL: Weekend's Results, Updated Premier League Table And Top Scorers / EPL: Five Things We Learnt From The English Premier League This Weekend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3510) (3511) (3512) (3513) (3514) (3515) (3516) ... (4760) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by raumdeuter: 3:04pm On Oct 16, 2023
obainojazz:
Excuses be like…..Israel attack and then Hidden Hazard eat burger to retire… Now Egypt won’t open Rafah crossing because Israel blah blah

-Lord

Your signature na plagiarism

Yours should read

Excuses be like…..Israel attack and then Hidden Hazard eat burger to retire… Now Egypt won’t open Rafah crossing because Israel blah blah -

-Igwe

1 Like 1 Share

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by larride(m): 3:06pm On Oct 16, 2023
GloriousGbola:

Developers are another special kind of bastard. In the same mould as car dealers. They will build estate with legal k leg and sell to you. You will assume because of the razzmattazz that everything is in order.

See ehn story plenty. It's better to always involve lawyers that you know will do a thorough job when buying land or property in Lagos.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by larride(m): 3:06pm On Oct 16, 2023
raumdeuter:

Your signature na plagiarism

Yours should read

Excuses be like…..Israel attack and then Hidden Hazard eat burger to retire… Now Egypt won’t open Rafah crossing because Israel blah blah -

-Igwe

Abi make him use

- Jazz grin
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by raumdeuter: 3:13pm On Oct 16, 2023
Itsrm:

I raised this issue with a childhood friend who lives in Ib. I was telling him how easy it is sleeping with married women in PH and how women in the South West are better because I can't remember it happening when we were growing up.

Only for my guy to tell me to forget that thing. That even though he avoids them as much as he can, he has his own fair share of married women he has slept with.

Said those things were always happening even while we were growing up. We were just too young to notice and didn't have the financial muscle to pull things we can easily do now.

Baba things dey happen from time but because we small we no go code and also social media no dey. Na recently I dey hear from some elderly people say my secondary school principal dey lash some of the teachers back thn but my own memory of him was a very strict man who drives into school gate and we all flee

Social media has made it easier too, With whatsapp means you can connect with former flames and school friends, most of these women due to economy are not really happy in their marriages,(One guy told me that half his secondary school female mates were either divorcees, single mothers of never married and all i their 40s. Those wey dey husband house sef, most are quite unhappy and on the lookout for when opportunity arise outside) so when they connect with former classmates who spin dem small dem go comply

Also with SM means you are able to reach people beyond your locality. E.g in 1992 if woman wan cheat its either people who she works with or people around her. Now she can open IG facebook and connect with someone who lives in the other side of town or another state, communicate wella, send nudes, have dirty talks and prep themselves for the do

Back in 1992, you cannot just run into an old schoolmate in Abeokuta and within few hours start nacking, These days Whatsapp and facebook gives enough time and avenue to prep both parties

Some husband and wives no dey allow their partners go for reunion parties that involves overnight stay

5 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by raumdeuter: 3:20pm On Oct 16, 2023
BlueRayDick:

I understand ur point ; what I’m saying is that the government is part of the problem.

Why should the government go and collect land use charge in an estate the government knows was not legally approved ?

You know as the thing goes, Many people dont have direct access to govt and they depend on these middlemen (govt officials or Alausa people) who don't have access t the files or law or authorities but pose and swindle innocents

Say this land is not approved for build but someone will say bring money I can help you get approval, or start building we will get approval, ifyou dont start now by the time we get governors consent, the price go don triple
5yrs later Govt send agency marking your house for demolition, govt middlemen agent go still dey assure you that if you pay small money they can do something

This reminds me of a case when I just got to Yankee, one Naija guy wey sell drugs to undercover police and was jailed scheduled for deportation. Case wey you know say dey hopeless, Lawyers just dey collect am, we will file this motion, we will file this appeal, this that the guy sold everything he has, his family sef sell to pay lawyer fees yet they kept collecting
The guy landed in Nigeria and another lawyer was still telling his family that if they bring some money they can bring him back to America

Fallacy of sunk cost or what do they call it

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by iamoyindamola(m): 3:34pm On Oct 16, 2023
raumdeuter:

Ogbomosho was supposed to be in Osun technically but when sun state was created in 1991 and Osogbo was given the capital, Ogbomoso said they cannot be under Osogbo, it better to be under Ibadan

There are other routes you could have taken to Septeri and Oke Ogun, From Ibadan through Moniya to Iseyin, That Ibadan -Ogbomoso-Sepeteri na Israelite journey

Maybe when you went the Moniya -Iseyin road was still under construction but you could have gone Ibadan to Oyo to Iseyin
I no even know say inside ibadan you fit reach ogbomosho
E far die
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by raumdeuter: 3:36pm On Oct 16, 2023
iamoyindamola:

I no even know say inside ibadan you fit reach ogbomosho
E far die

From Ibadan to Ogbomoso you will have to pass through Oyo town
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by izzou(m): 3:47pm On Oct 16, 2023
raumdeuter:

From Ibadan to Ogbomoso you will have to pass through Oyo town

E no reach 2 hours sef
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by iamoyindamola(m): 3:49pm On Oct 16, 2023
izzou:

E no reach 2 hours sef
Haaa
Are you making me feel bad now embarassed embarassed
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Olowunl01: 3:49pm On Oct 16, 2023
larride:

The govt is not culpable if they dont have legal approval. It's the responsibility of those buying land to make sure that whatever they are getting are legal. If you go give boys wey they work for these agencies money, na shakedown money you give them, if the govt decides to act, boss na sorry be the case.

You must always do your due diligence before purchasing land or property o. Govt is not omnipotent that has eyes everywhere, that's why it's important to do your own due diligence. Theres a building not far from where I was reside before, lasbca has pasted stop work on it twice due to the fact that the building in encroaching on the road, before I left that area the person that owns the building has almost completed the house because whenever the labsca officials come, he will wait for like 3 weeks then resume work there.

In 5yrs time, if another govt or commissioner enters and wants to build the road, we'll start hearing about how govt is culpable or how it's the govt fault.

Most of these developers usually get their guys in these agencies to just help them forge some documents to swindle those who are buying the lands until kasala like this happen.
Chairman Govt is omnipresent when dem wan collect money to chop; the example you gave is 1 building if at foundation stage they demolish the property the guy would know they are serious, instead they collect money and wait for next commisioner in 5years to demolish a fully completed building probably sold on to an unsuspecting purchaser.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by GloriousGbola: 3:57pm On Oct 16, 2023
raumdeuter:

You know as the thing goes, Many people dont have direct access to govt and they depend on these middlemen (govt officials or Alausa people) who don't have access t the files or law or authorities but pose and swindle innocents

This is the problem.

They say Don't patronize touts - but there is no system in place for you to have direct engagement.

3 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by DissTroy(m): 3:58pm On Oct 16, 2023
liveLongNprospa:

Lmao

It's always been the case Bros.
Another thing is alot of men are principled with their mouth when knacking married women.
So you'll barely hear these things

True!

It's why I've kept insisting over the years two things:

1. It always begins on social media. If she's always online even at odd hours, she's making moves in the inbox or being moved on.
If she's always online without being a digital marketer, there are men keeping her online.

2. If you have no access to your woman's phone (no, not because you need to check it but just having random access to it), she'd grow confident to make certain moves. At first out of curiosity, then later just to get daring.

But men are scared of confronting the truth.

Wives are messing up online these days, especially those ones in popular Facebook groups.

The day men would begin sharing screenshots like women do, marriages would end in an instant.

2 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by larride(m): 4:04pm On Oct 16, 2023
Olowunl01:

Chairman Govt is omnipresent when dem wan collect money to chop; the example you gave is 1 building if at foundation stage they demolish the property the guy would know they are serious, instead they collect money and wait for next commisioner in 5years to demolish a fully completed building probably sold on to an unsuspecting purchaser.

Boss my own advise is that if you are going to buy property or land, do your due diligent. Make them no use you chop.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by iamoyindamola(m): 4:06pm On Oct 16, 2023
But why was will smith not a suspect in tupac's death
This kind simp fit do anything knowing the relationship between jada and tupac

4 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Ballzproblem2: 4:09pm On Oct 16, 2023
https://www.nairaland.com/7878578/petrol-oil-marketers-shut-filling

even the state tinubu built can't have access to fuel ,gosh!
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Ballzproblem2: 4:11pm On Oct 16, 2023
before December $1 will be #2500
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by GloriousGbola: 4:13pm On Oct 16, 2023
Ballzproblem2:
https://www.nairaland.com/7878578/petrol-oil-marketers-shut-filling

even the state tinubu built can't have access to fuel ,gosh!

I have been seeing rehashes of this story of fuel stations shutting down for the past three weeks. But there is no shut down station in festac which has always been hut hard by fuel scarcity in the past.

It is possible that independents who do not have depots have stocked out, but for all intents and purposes the major marketers and larger independents seem to be doing fine.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by izzou(m): 4:13pm On Oct 16, 2023
larride:

Boss my own advise is that if you are going to buy property or land, do your due diligent. Make them no use you chop.

I understand your point, but do you really think someone will spend 200 million without doing "due diligence"?

Look at the massive rush for Epe. Nobody has said anything, abi Ministry of Town planning no dey social media?

It's all a racket; Chop their money, then cone back in 5 years time and demolish.

3 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Emaprince: 4:14pm On Oct 16, 2023
iamoyindamola:
But why was will smith not a suspect in tupac's death
This kind simp fit do anything knowing the relationship between jada and tupac
Lol...will Smith that was scared of Tupac?

A prime suspect to his murder, Keffe D has been arrested already.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by izzou(m): 4:16pm On Oct 16, 2023
iamoyindamola:

Haaa
Are you making me feel bad now embarassed embarassed

I just dey look you for morning.
grin

It takes me about 5 hours to drive from Lagos to Ilorin.

From Ibadan, enter Oyo town and you'll be at Ogbomosho.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by iamoyindamola(m): 4:17pm On Oct 16, 2023
Emaprince:
Lol...will Smith that was scared of Tupac?

A prime suspect to his murder, Keffe D has been arrested already.
This is one of the reason
Omo i never see the kind man like will smith grin grin
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by larride(m): 4:21pm On Oct 16, 2023
izzou:

I understand your point, but do you really think someone will spend 200 million without doing "due diligence"?

Look at the massive rush for Epe. Nobody has said anything, abi Ministry of Town planning no dey social media?

It's all a racket; Chop their money, then cone back in 5 years time and demolish.

Most of these processes are still done manually. Like Glorious says we should be advocating for a simplified online system. Most of the civil servants still prefer to do their own with paper n files.

It is your own duty as the one buying the property to do due diligence. It's not the govt that's selling the property to you, its developers/agents who most likely bought the land from omo-onile.

Before you pay that 200m to the developer and their sweet mouth, just carry your own lawyer and make check everything yourself else the story go long when govt later comes.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Melvyn11: 4:21pm On Oct 16, 2023
raumdeuter:
Does anyone know where Rafah crossing is still not open?
According to their foreign minister on CNN it's opened.

Egyptian Foreign Minister Sameh Shoukry said in a televised interview with the American CNN network that the rafah crossing between Gaza and Egypt is open, but the aerial bombardment has made the roads on the side of the Gaza Strip “inoperable.” Shukri said: “The rafah
crossing is officially open on the Egyptian side.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by izzou(m): 4:24pm On Oct 16, 2023
larride:

Most of these processes are still done manually. Like Glorious says we should be advocating for a simplified online system. Most of the civil servants still prefer to do their own with paper n files.

It is your own duty as the one buying the property to do due diligence. It's not the govt that's selling the property to you, its developers/agents who most likely bought the land from omo-onile.

Before you pay that 200m to the developer and their sweet mouth, just carry your own lawyer and make everything yourself else na story go long when govt later comes.

We are still saying the same thing.

Person wey use 200 million buy land and build house, no get lawyer?

E dey easy to think say person no due diligence, until e affect us personally.

3 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Melvyn11: 4:31pm On Oct 16, 2023
Stop buying properties from those omoniles or individuals. It's best you buy through an accredited agent who sells only company properties. Say for example an issue like demolition arises the company you bought from either pays you back or allocates another property to you.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by izzou(m): 4:34pm On Oct 16, 2023
Melvyn11:
Stop buying properties from those omoniles or individuals. It's best you buy through an accredited agent who sells only company properties. Say for example an issue like demolition arises the company you bought from either pays you back or allocates another property to you.

Now I know you dont live in Nigeria.

Who will allocate what to you?

4 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Olowunl01: 4:38pm On Oct 16, 2023
larride:

Thanks Chairman I don learn lessons the hard way tey tey; anything that doesn't have CofO I am never going near if ever am buying land... in any case my preffered locations always have these as standard.

Most times when we engage on this issues it not because we are affected but to protect others.
Not everyone is able to afford such, people are rushing EPE now as new lagos, I actually endured the pain to go there on behalf of a family member, the sheer amount of estate going on in that axis is crazy, now govt is keeping quiet, few years down the line people millions would go down the drain.

Any responsible govt right now will be taking actions to ensure no estate is being sold or sited illegally, we really our elections to work, you think a governor will risk demolishing people wealth after collecting millions in permits. There is absolutely no way you build an estate in the Lekki axis without the government being aware.

3 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by iamoyindamola(m): 4:39pm On Oct 16, 2023
izzou:

grin grin grin
The guy have been capping since morning

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 4:42pm On Oct 16, 2023
izzou:

😂😂😂

Most of these people don’t even know how messed up our system is.

I have seen a situation where people bought lands from government and after almost 30 years the original family that owns the land won a Supreme Court judgement against the government . Now the family having won the judgement moved to take over the acres of land which is now a large community .

Who u wan hold when be say na government selll the land to u initially ?

3 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by GloriousGbola: 4:43pm On Oct 16, 2023
izzou:

We are still saying the same thing.

Person wey use 200 million buy land and build house, no get lawyer?

E dey easy to think say person no due diligence, until e affect us personally.

the word you are looking for is pennywise pound foolish

plenty of nigerians with money who have uninsured cars
plenty of nigerians who prefer to bypass people who can give professional advise

developers today are into direct labour - why use a contractor when you can engage artisans directly?
same thing

this is what that developer whose building collpased on him was doing

i have learnt that wealth especially in Nigeria does not automatically come with common sense

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Olowunl01: 4:45pm On Oct 16, 2023
izzou:

Exactly, government enabled racket. Like a whole estate got built, try erect small shop on your frontage you will see them magically appear to X mark it.

3 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by iamoyindamola(m): 4:47pm On Oct 16, 2023
So NIPOST shut down HO because they no want emilokan padi padi CEO appointed grin grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (3510) (3511) (3512) (3513) (3514) (3515) (3516) ... (4760) (Reply)

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 / Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion

Viewing this topic: cephasdultimate, Greatswimmer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.