Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,674 members, 7,816,764 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:42 PM

EPL Chatroom - All Discussions - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (3672) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / EPL Chatroom - All Discussions (1435251 Views)

EPL 2023/2024: Who Would You Say Is The Flop Of The Season? / EPL: Weekend's Results, Updated Premier League Table And Top Scorers / EPL: Five Things We Learnt From The English Premier League This Weekend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3669) (3670) (3671) (3672) (3673) (3674) (3675) ... (4630) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by GloriousGbola: 4:17pm On Nov 09, 2023
BlueRayDick:

What is the assurance this is not the kind of concrete road he will do on a national level? At least this is the kinda road projects that got him the national job

I do not know where to start on construction projects

The purpose of pre-qualification is to select contractors who have an actual track record of competence and capacity

You also have to do a proper design which will involve surveying the entire length of proposed road. Whenever people say this road should cost x because it cost x somewhere else, I shake my head. The soil conditions will have a lot to play in final cost per km.

If you have professionals across board whose first goal is to deliver a good road then you will have your road with 20% issues

But

Governor has preferred untested contractor.
Procurement people want their cut
The supervising engineers want cut first
Community chief must supply low quality sand

Typically you need at least one person on a project who is committed to getting it done right. But if every stakeholder on the project is committed to short term gains for themselves - this is what you get. I was going to write a much longer epistle, but this is the summary of it
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Magnoliaa(f): 4:22pm On Nov 09, 2023
So they believe Jesus is the Son of God now? 💀

1 Like 1 Share

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Magnoliaa(f): 4:24pm On Nov 09, 2023
OasisX:
grin

.....Ewedu + Gbegiri get no rival bae.

They get. They get like mad.

Or let's just call both of them main chicks that bang at different times.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Spy360(m): 4:30pm On Nov 09, 2023
Itsrm:

Shey I said it at the time. The people pushing him don't mean well for him. Eyes don clear now

I doubt he will go for any second term. I seriously doubt.
I think Fubara is the real winner in this battle. He stoops low to conquer.

One is that he has taken that absolute control of Wike from off his neck. Two is that he has stopped the fracas by massaging Wike's ego, this will make Wike stay on his lane.

By the next election season many things could have happened including him building his own base or Wike losing his.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 4:31pm On Nov 09, 2023
Itsrm:

If this is the nonsense he wants to do, my hand no dey.

The one Wike did on Aker and Nkpor Road is still there standing strong without any issues. What makes these two roads interesting is that was used based on the nature of the soil in that area. Asphalt may have started given way.

The concrete road itself is not the problem, Nigeria just happened to the ones already failing in Ebonyi

That's the problem with politicians. While u are busy buying into their lofty ideas, they codedly have their own end-game

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by A001: 4:31pm On Nov 09, 2023
cheesy

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Emaprince: 4:33pm On Nov 09, 2023
Theflint1:
Naaa, fufu and garri are the grass to grace poster boys. Garri is elite swallow...no swallow absorbs soup quite like eba, and that's why I rate it (I know so many persons dunk on it, but I think Eba is very very underated). Fufu gets deserved smoke for the smell, but bar that smell, its taste is elite.

Ponded yam is GOAT of swallows.
Any swallow that is not Eba, I no dey taste am.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Itsrm(m): 4:35pm On Nov 09, 2023
Spy360:

I think Fubara is the real winner in this battle. He stoops low to conquer.

One is that he has taken that absolute control of Wike from off his neck. Two is that he has stopped the fracas by massaging Wike's ego, this will make Wike stay on his lane.

By the next election season many things could have happened including him building his own base or Wike losing his.

Lol, he didn't win anything. Wike still controls everything. Wike is also not a fool. He knows SIM is no longer to be trusted. He already even hinted it in one of his press conferences that the last election may be over but another one is coming.

3 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by GloriousGbola: 4:42pm On Nov 09, 2023
Itsrm:

Lol, he didn't win anything. Wike still controls everything. Wike is also not a fool. He knows SIM is no longer to be trusted. He already even hinted it in one of his press conferences that the last election may be over but another one is coming.

RIP Yevgeny Prigozhin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by popizaino(m): 4:46pm On Nov 09, 2023
BlueRayDick:
https://www.nairaland.com/7905775/group-exposes-cement-roads-done

itsrm Eboyin people calling out Umahi on the state of some cement roads he constructed in Eboyin

cc: izzou

😀😀😀😀

I don tire for Nigerian governors.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 4:48pm On Nov 09, 2023
Itsrm:

I really don't understand how Wike won this round o.

Wike planned to impeach Fubara using the HOA members, Fubara's loyalists foiled the attempt and Fubara is still the governor as of today.

Whatever compromise they both reached behind closed doors we don't know, but what we do know is that the impeachment move failed and Fubara will most likely finish his 4 year term. Maybe Wike will win the war eventually, but this first round of battle surely favored Fubara.

Or how u take see am ?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Spy360(m): 4:54pm On Nov 09, 2023
Itsrm:

I'll like an explanation on the bolded because Fubara succeeded in replacing the speaker of the house and other key officers.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Spy360(m): 4:56pm On Nov 09, 2023
BlueRayDick:

Wike planned to impeach Fubara using the HOA members, Fubara's loyalists foiled the attempt and Fubara is still the governor as of today.

Whatever compromise they both reached behind closed doors we don't know, but what we do know is that the impeachment move failed and Fubara will most likely finish his 4 year term. Maybe Wike will win the war eventually, but this first round of battle surely favored Fubara.

Or how u take see am ?
Exactly my point. And he is now handing the pleasure of victory to Wike just to massage his ego so as to prevent further escalation and more enemies.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 5:03pm On Nov 09, 2023
Spy360:

Exactly my point. And he is now handing the pleasure of victory to Wike just to massage his ego so as to prevent further escalation and more enemies.

Perhaps he knows something we don't
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by GloriousGbola: 5:03pm On Nov 09, 2023
BlueRayDick:

Or how u take see am ?

Fubara has only been on seat for six months. he has not had time to garner any long term support. and now he has put wike on the alert. he does not at the time even have a track record to endear the electorate to him

what this looks like to me is winning the battle too early in the war.

3 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Itsrm(m): 5:13pm On Nov 09, 2023
Spy360:

I'll like an explanation on the bolded because Fubara succeeded in replacing the speaker of the house and other key officers.

Succeeded in replacing which speaker? Dey play cheesy

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 5:16pm On Nov 09, 2023
GloriousGbola:

Fubara has only been on seat for six months. he has not had time to garner any long term support. and now he has put wike on the alert. he does not at the time even have a track record to endear the electorate to him

what this looks like to me is winning the battle too early in the war.

You have not disputed anything I've said.

The battle was started by Wike making a move to impeach Fubara and thus far he has not succeeded. If Wike had succeeded it will be visible to the blind that he's the invincible kingmaker his loyalists portray him to be.

At least we remember late Adedibu vs Ladoja saga in Oyo state. Adebibu moved against Ladoja a seating governor and successfully had him impeached by the HOA. That is not the case here, Wike simply failed replicating same
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Itsrm(m): 5:19pm On Nov 09, 2023
BlueRayDick:

Or how u take see am ?

You have to go back to the origin of the fight.

Fubara wanted to hijack the structure from Wike. So far, he has failed. Wike still controls the entire PDP structure.

And according to the statement by the Rivers State elders(loyal to Wike I have to add), there was never any plan to impeach Fubara. The person they wanted to impeach was Edison Ehie who was the majority leader of the house. SIM got wind of it and thought he was being targeted.

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 5:22pm On Nov 09, 2023
Itsrm:

You have to go back to the origin of the fight.

Fubara wanted to hijack the structure from Wike. So far, he has failed. Wike still controls the entire PDP structure.

And according to the statement by the Rivers State elders(loyal to Wike I have to add), there was never any plan to impeach Fubara. The person they wanted to impeach was Edison Ehie who was the majority leader of the house. SIM got wind of it and thought he was being targeted.

Lmao grin

And u believe this ? For naija politics?

Na God save Fubara say he no believe this kind lamba, he would've become ex-governor by now.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Itsrm(m): 5:27pm On Nov 09, 2023
BlueRayDick:

Lmao grin

And u believe this ? For naija politics?

Na God say Fubara say he no believe this kind lamba, he would've become ex-governor by now.

grin

That's why I added that they are loyal to Wike. So it easily can be a lie. And it can be true.

Even if it's a lie and SIM was being targeted, then he has BAT to thank for saving him cheesy

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 5:38pm On Nov 09, 2023
Itsrm:

grin

That's why I added that they are loyal to Wike. So it easily can be a lie. And it can be true.

Even if it's a lie and SIM was being targeted, then he has BAT to thank for saving him cheesy

Yeah, maybe he owes Tinubu for not standing aside and watch the state burn ; but he certainly took his destiny in his hands by having the the HOA torched first .

If those HOA members had form quorum to seat on his impeachment , he would’ve been a goner like this .
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by seankafor(m): 5:45pm On Nov 09, 2023
BlueRayDick:

Yeah, maybe he owes Tinubu for not standing aside and watch the state burn ; but he certainly took his destiny in his hands by having the the HOA torched first .

If those HOA members had form quorum to seat on his impeachment , he would’ve been a goner like this .
I think 💭 wike would be more proud of him for learning from his boss..

He played by his master's rules via the violence and brouhaha..

I bet wike would be shaking his head in agreement that he thought him well and fubara learned well too..

They too will continue their bromance in respect to agreement 🤝 whilst displaying their thugism when shiit goes south ⬇️

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by kkins25(m): 6:22pm On Nov 09, 2023
So, I just started using skin care products. 2 minutes after applying the products, I'm sweating like mad. It is not for me! grin grin grin grin
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by larride(m): 6:23pm On Nov 09, 2023
BlueRayDick:

SIM sef miscalculated. You dont try to hijack structure from your godfather within 6month of being in power.

All these statements dem dey give na just for optics
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Unlimited22: 6:36pm On Nov 09, 2023
NYSC POP.

Lol. I joined sports thread as a 300 level student.

Now I Don finish nysc even after a 2½ year time delay.

17 Likes 7 Shares

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by izzou(m): 6:39pm On Nov 09, 2023
Unlimited22:
NYSC POP.

Congratulations bro.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Ballzproblemm: 6:39pm On Nov 09, 2023
Unlimited22:
NYSC POP.

congrats

1 Like 1 Share

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Ballzproblemm: 6:42pm On Nov 09, 2023
Israel has already been opening hours- long evacuation corridors since Saturday. Israel on Thursday opened an evacuation corridor for six hours , allowing civilians to flee from northern Gaza south of Wadi Gaza.

make I see where hamas wan find women and children do shield, cowards.

50k people evacuated yesterday
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by liveLongNprospa(m): 6:45pm On Nov 09, 2023
Theflint1:
Amala dey try, like it cause it's light swallow, and it goes well with any draw (but it's not a very versatile swallow). Iyan (yam) no get mate. After Yam, we go con enter distant second cadre where you go find eba, fufu then amala (in that order)...Semo dey follow drag last with starch, tuwo and other experimental swallows.
Eba is king.
E nor get wetin fit compare to eba abeg😩
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by OasisX: 6:47pm On Nov 09, 2023
Unlimited22:
NYSC POP.

.....congratulations.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by liveLongNprospa(m): 6:48pm On Nov 09, 2023
BlueRayDick:

This is the gospel truth!

When I see people turning starch as swallow, I just shake my head grin. Some people will even boast that starch is sweet; Like WTF !

Starch is for gods not mere mortals.

How you go dey talk like this?
You Don knack starch and banga soup or Owo soup.
Behave yourself oo
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by iamoyindamola(m): 6:50pm On Nov 09, 2023
Segedinho:
Once again.....Thanks ya'all.....

Despite v-delivery....bill still no pity my strong-igbo face.......

Make poor man find were tie gbola put o......by next week 1 testis supposed don comot from my gbola...😏😏.

Why not sterilize
Na the same sef

All these medic languages

(1) (2) (3) ... (3669) (3670) (3671) (3672) (3673) (3674) (3675) ... (4630) (Reply)

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 / Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion

Viewing this topic: swiz123(m), seankafor(m), islamics(m), enigma0, ixyi(m), iamoyindamola(m) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.