Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,097 members, 7,852,708 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 01:59 AM

EPL Chatroom - All Discussions - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (3931) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / EPL Chatroom - All Discussions (1545482 Views)

EPL 2023/2024: Who Would You Say Is The Flop Of The Season? / EPL: Weekend's Results, Updated Premier League Table And Top Scorers / EPL: Five Things We Learnt From The English Premier League This Weekend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3928) (3929) (3930) (3931) (3932) (3933) (3934) ... (4792) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by iamoyindamola(m): 1:05pm On Dec 24, 2023
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Ibime(m): 1:21pm On Dec 24, 2023
afrodoc2:

Nah.

With the way Fury’s resume is turning out no way is he greater than Lennox. Lennox caught a lot of solid bodies. Your resume counts when we start talking about greatness.

Him being fat and lazy between fights is on him and the way he embarrassed the boxing world against Ngannou is a mark against him.

The Ngannou fight alone places him on Most Wanted fraud watch. It was a phucking disgrace. Didn’t you see how all those who gave Ngannou no chance did not post anything here after the fight?
I was rooting for Ngannou and I still felt embarrassed for Fury. 😂

That was an exhibition match. Who count Mohammed Ali or Floyd Mayweathers exhibition matches toward their resume?

2 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 1:24pm On Dec 24, 2023
iamoyindamola:
https://www.instagram.com/reel/C1O4GCiI5bu/?igsh=MWR4ZXYyeWYyaXZxNg==

Mad people full Lagos sha

Police supposed dey arrest people like this for disturbing public peace and order
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by afrodoc2: 1:36pm On Dec 24, 2023
Ibime:

That was an exhibition match. Who count Mohammed Ali or Floyd Mayweathers exhibition matches toward their resume?

That was a bloody disgrace.

And for your information it wasn’t an exhibition match. It was sanctioned by WBC and it counts towards his professional record.
You can check BoxRec to clear your doubt. The only thing is that it was a non-title bout.

Fury had a controversial split decision victory over a non-boxer in a SANCTIONED fight. Phucking disgrace.

3 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by sageb: 1:41pm On Dec 24, 2023
DissTroy:

True. There are excesses and a few communities taking proprietary rights over roads. But, if you ask me, I'd take those inconveniences in exchange for community safety.

There's a road by Odani off Elelenwo Road which leads to the Eleme part of PH-Aba. That area used to be very unpredictable safety-wise, but immediately it got tarred and expanded by Wike, there were have been crossbars and speed bumps. Not like the ones in Trans-Amadi, but community-policed by vigilantes and locked from 11:00PM to 5:30AM.

Now that area is safer. Yes, traffic build-ups here and there a few times, but safer.
---
If Slaughter off Odani and YKC get something similar, they'd see drastic improvements in safety too.
More gated inner-community roads for me, please.

yes, that road heading to odani green city is now relatively safe due to the presence of community vigilante force.
Gariki have been demolished and odani green city is now peaceful and safe to walk at night.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by iamoyindamola(m): 1:44pm On Dec 24, 2023
BlueRayDick:

Police supposed dey arrest people like this for disturbing public peace and order
Abi make area boys beat them scatter
I hate stupid people jare
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Ibime(m): 1:54pm On Dec 24, 2023
afrodoc2:

That was a bloody disgrace.

And for your information it wasn’t an exhibition match. It was sanctioned by WBC and it ciounts towards his professional record.
You can check BoxRec to clear your doubt. The only thing is that it was a non-title bout.

Fury had a controversial split decision victory over a non-boxer in a SANCTIONED fight. Phucking disgrace.

It was sanctioned the day before, after training camp (or lack of it) is already done and dusted. It's no more valid than Mayweather Vs McGregor which was also sanctioned.

We won't open the files of the greats like Mohammed Ali Vs Henry Cooper (which he realistically lost) in order to downgrade Ali. If we want to talk of disgrace, Ali has some disgraces on his record. There is no Hassim Rahman, Oliver McCall, Spinx or Kenny Norton on Fury record. Dey play

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by afrodoc2: 2:08pm On Dec 24, 2023
Ibime:

It was sanctioned the day before, after training camp (or lack of it) is already done and dusted. It's no more valid than Mayweather Vs McGregor which was also sanctioned.

Excuses plenty for Fury.

Mayweather won his fight by TKO. Fury stole his fight with a spurious split decision.

Mayweather did not disgrace boxing, Fury did.

Mayweather turned his sanctioned fight into the exhibition that it truly was. Fury turned his sanctioned “exhibition” fight into a life and death, do or die affair.

Phucking disgrace.

l

4 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by afrodoc2: 2:12pm On Dec 24, 2023
Ibime:

We won't open the files of the greats like Mohammed Ali Vs Henry Cooper (which he realistically lost) in order to downgrade Ali. If we want to talk of disgrace, Ali has some disgraces on his record. There is no Hassim Rahman, Oliver McCall, Spinx or Kenny Norton on Fury record. Dey play

Ngannou cancels 10 Henry Coopers.

Cooper that was British and Commonwealth Champion and later European Champion against Ngannou that was a few years removed from carrying kpon kpon in Cameroon?

Dey play. Dey play.

You go explain tire. But for this Christmas period. No evidence.

2 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Ibime(m): 2:13pm On Dec 24, 2023
afrodoc2:

Ngannou cancels 10 Henry Coopers.

Cooper that was British and Commonwealth Champion and later European Champion against Ngannou that was a few years removed from carrying kpon kpon in Cameroon?

Dey play. Dey play.

You go explain tire. But for this Christmas period. No evidence.

You mean Cooper was the same level as Julius Francis and co?

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by afrodoc2: 2:13pm On Dec 24, 2023
Ibime:

You mean Cooper was the same level as Julius Francis?

I mean he was 10 times the boxer Ngannou was.

And I mean he was the level of Tyson Fury who was also British and Commonwealth Champion. 😂😂😂

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Ibime(m): 2:15pm On Dec 24, 2023
afrodoc2:

I mean he was 10 times the boxer Ngannou was.

Foul

Abeg in which planet can you see Hassim Rahman defeating Fury. Let's leave Ali first and focus on Lennox

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by afrodoc2: 2:20pm On Dec 24, 2023
Ibime:

Foul

Abeg in which planet can you see Hassim Rahman defeating Fury. Let's leave Ali first and focus on Lennox

Na you mention Ali. Now you want to run away.

Cooper was British and Commonwealth Champion just like Fury.

It was Ali that stopped Cooper from becoming World Champion.

One can even say that Cooper was the Fury of his time. Or Fury is the modern day Henry Cooper, 😛

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by afrodoc2: 2:22pm On Dec 24, 2023
Ibime:

Foul

The very same planet in which Fury had to employ Wike to steal victory from a recently retired kpon kpon carrier like Ngannou.

The next Fury fight if they don’t use IREV, we go riot!

5 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Ibime(m): 2:24pm On Dec 24, 2023
afrodoc2:

Na you mention Ali. Now you want to run away.

Cooper was British and Commonwealth Champion just like Fury.

It was Ali that stopped Cooper from becoming World Champion.

One can even say that Cooper was the Fury of his time. Or Fury is the modern day Henry Cooper, 😛

Henry Cooper record prior to knocking out Ali

Cooper is no different to Julius Francis, Danny Williams and Sinan Samil Sam

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by afrodoc2: 2:26pm On Dec 24, 2023
Ibime:

Henry Cooper record prior to knocking out Ali

Cooper is no different to Julius Francis, Danny Williams and Sinan Samil Sam

Show us Ngannou’s record.

And if you record his kpon kpon fights on top building sites in Yaounde I will sue you.

2 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by afrodoc2: 2:28pm On Dec 24, 2023
Greatness is by the wins on your resume. If you don’t have great wins then don’t have disgraceful performances,

Fury has no great wins. He has disgraceful performances.

Once he struggles we start hearing he is fat between fights. Whose fault?
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Ibime(m): 2:29pm On Dec 24, 2023
afrodoc2:

Show us Ngannou’s record.

And if you record his kpon kpon fights on top building sites in Yaounde I will sue you.

Show us one L on Fury record, unlike those whose records read McCall, Rahman, Spinx, Norton, Berbick and co
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by afrodoc2: 2:31pm On Dec 24, 2023
Ali beat Foreman, Norton, Frazier, Shavers, Ron Lyle, Leon Spinks. All after his prime.

Those fights clean away any little blemish.

Where are the great fighters that Fury faced?

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by afrodoc2: 2:36pm On Dec 24, 2023
Ibime:

Show us one L on Fury record, unlike those whose records read McCall, Rahman, Spinx, Norton, Berbick and co

Why will there be L when he has Wike on his books. He is a stat padding , flat track bully who tap dances to avoid dangerous opponents, in an era with no dangerous opponents. grin

Disgraceful.

We haven’t forgotten the long count in the first Wilder fight.

We also haven’t forgotten the Miracle in the Desert Wike manoeuvre against Ngannou.

2 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Ibime(m): 2:37pm On Dec 24, 2023
afrodoc2:
Greatness is by the wins on your resume. If you don’t have great wins then don’t have disgraceful performances,

Klitschko and Wilder are great wins

Fury won't be like those who make bums like Norton great just by losing to them

Imagine doing trilogy with bums

If you want to know how much Norton was a bum, check his fights with Gerry Rooney and Foreman

Infact everyone Ali did trilogy with that you label "great fighters" were obliterated by Foreman like children within couple rounds. I mean beaten to stupor like 12 year olds. Bums that became great by beating Ali

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W4-WjL8jIyQ?si=qghXsxtJj-supeIL

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HorEqSu7lJs?si=CC1__n8IGsQgcwO5

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by afrodoc2: 2:41pm On Dec 24, 2023
Ibime:

Klitschko and Wilder are great wins

Fury won't be like those who make bums like Norton great just by losing to them

Imagine doing trilogy with bums

If you want to know how much Norton was a bum, check his fights with Gerry Rooney and Foreman

Infact everyone Ali did trilogy with that you liable "great fighters" were obliterated by Foreman like children within few rounds. I mean beaten to stupor like 12 year olds

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W4-WjL8jIyQ?si=qghXsxtJj-supeIL

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HorEqSu7lJs?si=CC1__n8IGsQgcwO5

Can you tell the congregation what happened when Ali fought Foreman?

The Klitschko fight is a fight I prescribe to my patients with sleeping difficulty. If Valium does not work I tell them to watch Fury vs Klitschko.

Wilder is the bum of bums. The guy that walks around the ring like he is walking on coconuts?
The only combination Wilder knows is the combination to open his safe. cheesy
If Bum was a country Wilder would be the God and Emperor.

3 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by afrodoc2: 2:45pm On Dec 24, 2023
So are we saying Fury has faced only one great fighter in his life?
Is that what we are saying?

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Ibime(m): 2:48pm On Dec 24, 2023
afrodoc2:

Can you tell the congregation what happened when Ali fought Foreman?

The Klitschko fight is a fight I prescribe to my patients with sleeping difficulty. If Valium does not work I tell them to watch Fury vs Klitschko.

Wilder is the bum of bums. The guy that walks around the ring like he is walking on coconuts?
The only combination Wilder knows is the combination to open his safe. cheesy
If Bum was a country Wilder would be the God and Emperor.

Why was Foreman beating the "great fighters" on Ali resume within 2 rounds? And I mean beating them like thieves

Why did Ali duck rematch with Foreman for the rest of his career

We all know Foreman pummeled Ali and just miscalculated and gassed himself out. Ali parked bus 90 mins and scored with one lucky counterattack

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by afrodoc2: 2:48pm On Dec 24, 2023
Ken Norton is now a bum in order to defend Fyry. 😄

Tell us what happened when Norton faced Larry Holmes? At least you said Fury is the greatest since Holmes.

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by afrodoc2: 2:52pm On Dec 24, 2023
Ibime:

Why was Foreman beating the "great fighters" on Ali resume within 2 rounds? And I mean beating them like thieves

Why did Ali duck rematch with Foreman for the rest of his career

We all know Foreman pummeled Ali and just miscalculated and gassed himself out. Ali parked bus 90 mins and scored with one lucky counterattack

Foreman has one of the hardest punches in human history. A young Foreman on his day can beat any fighter in any era like a thief.
I was never debating Foreman’s greatness with you.
Of all the great heavyweights he is the hardest hitter.

How many great fighters has Fury faced? You didn’t answer.
And if you mention anybody that carried kpon kpon in the last 10yrs I won’t take it easy with you. 😂

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Ibime(m): 2:58pm On Dec 24, 2023
afrodoc2:
Ken Norton is now a bum in order to defend Fyry. 😄

Tell us what happened when Norton faced Larry Holmes? At least you said Fury is the greatest since Holmes.

Larry Holmes defeated him even with a torn bicep torn 6 days out from the fight, and against Doctors insistence because they needed the title shot

2 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Ibime(m): 3:01pm On Dec 24, 2023
afrodoc2:

Foreman has one of the hardest punches in human history. A young Foreman on his day can beat any fighter in any era like a thief.
I was never debating Foreman’s greatness with you.
Of all the great heavyweights he is the hardest hitter.

How many great fighters has Fury faced? You didn’t answer.
And if you mention anybody that carried kpon kpon in the last 10yrs I won’t take it easy with you. 😂

Like I said initially, we don't don't want to open anyone's record cheesy

We've now gone from Henry Cooper to Hassim Rahman to Oliver McCall to the "GREATS" who made Ali's name being beaten like THIEVES by Foreman

Like I said, some of those greats of Ali era are bums who only became great by beating Ali, and Ken Norton is one on them.

2 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by afrodoc2: 3:01pm On Dec 24, 2023
Ibime:

Larry Holmes defeated him even with a torn bicep torn 6 days out from the fight, and against Doctors insistence because they needed the title shot

Split decision. So he couldn't knock out the so-called bum.

How many great fighters has Fury faced?

If you force me to ask this question one more time i will have to ask you in Ijaw.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by iamoyindamola(m): 3:03pm On Dec 24, 2023
Blueraydick lasg are complaining about quilox again
Can't they just demolish that club
Shina pellet must be one stubborn goat
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by afrodoc2: 3:04pm On Dec 24, 2023
Ibime:

Like I said initially, we don't don't want to open anyone's record cheesy

We've now gone from Henry Cooper to Hassim Rahman to Oliver McCall to the "GREATS" who made Ali's name being beaten like THIEVES by Foreman

Like I said, some of those greats of Ali era are bums who only became great by beating Ali, and Ken Norton is one on them.

Let us list the greats that Ali faced and the greats that Fury faced. Then list the so-called greats that each fighter faced.

Then we can cross-reference with greatest heavyweight lists from respected analysts and hall of fame boxing writers.

The way we are going i sure say you will end up maligning not only those journalists but the hall of fame itself.

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Ibime(m): 3:05pm On Dec 24, 2023
afrodoc2:

Split decision. So he couldn't knock out the so-called bum.

How many great fighters has Fury faced?

If you force me to ask this question one more time i will have to ask you in Ijaw.

If the definition of great is a bum who became great because you lose to him, then none.

Greats ko, greats ni

That's why I say Larry Holmes and Tyson Fury are unimpeachable. They lost to no one in their prime and never conferred greatness on bums.

Klitschko is an all-time great and Fury beat him

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (3928) (3929) (3930) (3931) (3932) (3933) (3934) ... (4792) (Reply)

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 / Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion

Viewing this topic: Taguchi and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.