Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,927 members, 7,835,096 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 03:57 AM

EPL Chatroom - All Discussions - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (3933) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / EPL Chatroom - All Discussions (1490578 Views)

EPL 2023/2024: Who Would You Say Is The Flop Of The Season? / EPL: Weekend's Results, Updated Premier League Table And Top Scorers / EPL: Five Things We Learnt From The English Premier League This Weekend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3930) (3931) (3932) (3933) (3934) (3935) (3936) ... (4697) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by raumdeuter: 5:31pm On Dec 24, 2023
Itsrm:

Awuse contested the governorship election in Rivers State in 1991 and has been in active politics since then. It was Wike who imposed him as a traditional ruler in 2022 against other leading aspirants.

OCJ okocha owns the mighty building Union Bank uses in GRA Junction. It was built in 1996. His wife is the official caterer of the River State government.

Boma Iyaye was installed by Wike with the help of Tinubu as the NDDC director of finance.

Desmond Akawor was also installed by Wike as the federal commissioner of RMAFC.

I am not surprised they are all standing on mandate. Belleticians grin

Dem say na Sergeant Awuse wey dey give Fubara liver still dey stand on Jagaban mandate

https://twitter.com/kc_journalist/status/1738677236985671738?s=19
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Ibime(m): 5:32pm On Dec 24, 2023
User09:

As in. Anything just to make Fury seem like what he isnt. Who uses the excuse of lazy, undisciplined and fat for an athlete

Even went as far as comparing with Ali. Ali that beat most boxing greats and hall of famers; Archie Moore, Bob Foster, Ken Norton, Foreman, Floyd Patterson, Sonny Liston, Joe Frazier. He even beat most of them multiple times.

Nothing in Fury's resume even compares. Beats bums or people off their peak or shape, has a history of ducking fights. Not one of his single fight was against a rated opponent who was in top shape.

Ken Norton was a bum who never fought anybody and became great just by beating Ali

These are Norton's fights before beating Ali, none of his opponents prior to Ali even have Wikipedia pages. He even lost to a Jose Luis Garcia that nobody knows

Like I say, you don't want to open Ali's records. Ali made bums great by losing to them, and then claiming he fought GREATS

The reason Ali has trilogy fights is because he LOST and had to revenge against bums, not because he fought GREATS multiple times

Name one big kill on Norton's resume apart from Ali, I'll wait. Even Ernie Shavers and also-rans were brutalising Ken Norton as well as many other bums that beat him. He was a bum before Ali and a bum after Ali.

2 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Ibime(m): 5:45pm On Dec 24, 2023
Itsrm:

Awuse contested the governorship election in Rivers State in 1991 and has been in active politics since then. It was Wike who imposed him as a traditional ruler in 2022 against other leading aspirants.

You be OG

Awuse Vs Abule 1991 before IBB cancelled it
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Itsrm(m): 5:52pm On Dec 24, 2023
raumdeuter:

Dem say na Sergeant Awuse wey dey give Fubara liver still dey stand on Jagaban mandate

https://twitter.com/kc_journalist/status/1738677236985671738?s=19

I knew the video was a scam. Awuse is Wikes right hand man. I'm not sure of now but until Wike left, his hotel, Visa Karena got a lot of government patronage. I can't see a world where he turns on Wike so soon especially when he still holds the aces.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Itsrm(m): 5:54pm On Dec 24, 2023
Ibime:

You be OG

All these men should have retired and mentor young guys. They are still the ones hustling for all the contracts and running up and down.

God knows once my children gain admission to higher instution, I'm retiring and will return to my state to enjoy the rest of my life
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by raumdeuter: 5:54pm On Dec 24, 2023
Ibime:

You be OG

Was that not the one Rufus Ada George became governor?
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by raumdeuter: 5:55pm On Dec 24, 2023
Itsrm:

All these men should have retired and mentor young guys. They are still the ones hustling for all the contracts and running up and down.

God knows once my children gain admission to higher instution, I'm retiring and will return to my state to enjoy the rest of my life

Even old men need money

Next US election likely to be contested between 2 men around 80yrs old
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Ibime(m): 5:55pm On Dec 24, 2023
raumdeuter:

Was that not the one Rufus Ada George became governor?

The first one was Awuse Vs Abule, IBB cancelled it and banned all the contestants so they had to start all over.

That's when Rufus vs Eric Aso emerged
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by raumdeuter: 5:57pm On Dec 24, 2023
Ibime:

The first one was Awuse Vs Abule, IBB cancelled it and banned all the contestants so they had to start all over.

That's when Rufus vs Eric Aso emerged

Okay. I cant remember the details of that election sha
I remembered at Presidential level IBB cancelled what was likely to be NRC (Ciroma vs Shinkafi) and SDP (Falae vs YarAdua) banned all of them claiming they were oldbreed and we needed newbreed which led to Tofa vs MKO
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Ibime(m): 5:59pm On Dec 24, 2023
afrodoc2:

You sef see am. I sure say Ibime and Fury dey the same PTA or their children dey go the same school. Dat go explain the stanship easily.

Name the big fighters Ken Norton and Joe Frazier beat apart from Ali, I'll wait

Please don't mention Jerry Quarry

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by A40(m): 6:04pm On Dec 24, 2023
Ibime:

Fury can never be on fraud watch. Fury just gets lazy and overweight between fights and is getting old. Fury is the greatest of this era and may be arguably the greatest since Larry Holmes.
I would rank Lennox ahead of Fury. This is arguably the worst era of Heavyweight boxers. Ngannou has proven that

Fraud might be a bit of a stretch to describe Fury I'd go with the resume being a bit fraudulent I guess. Again losing to Ngannou showed that
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Itsrm(m): 6:04pm On Dec 24, 2023
raumdeuter:

Even old men need money

Next US election likely to be contested between 2 men around 80yrs old

Sometimes it's understandable, other times like in Awuse and OCJ okochas case, I wonder why.

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by A40(m): 6:09pm On Dec 24, 2023
afrodoc2:

Yeah you are right about power but remember these punches are not against bags but against other boxers. More of that power is felt when the punches are landing unexpectedly but now that people have that extra millisecond to prepare for his punches (which are telegraphed already anyway) his punches can’t have the same effect.

P.S All those guys are far better boxers than Wilder. It’s like you guys don’t understand how bad a boxer Wilder is. Someone who thinks footwork is a surgical procedure.

The eraser he has is that right hand, and if that is not landing he has nothing to fall back on.
George Foreman knocking out niggas 10-15 years younger is proof power usually carries.

Wilder relies on his hands and heart to be fair. I think the biggest mistake was not teaching him how to actually box. He goes in with the mentality of he has that eraser. Ngannou did not make that mistake. He said he was going there not to rely on the knockout but to actually box because in most fights if you're seeking for the finish and you don't get it there's every possibility you get finished yourself

I still want to see Wilder and AJ. The game can be very different when niggas stop fearing your power. Derrick Lewis is proof of this in the UFC. I want to see if AJ mano y mano in the ring will not fear Wilder's power
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by A40(m): 6:33pm On Dec 24, 2023
BlueRayDick:

Shebi na una dey side with am when he came out with his sob story trying to drag his ex-wife claiming he never assaulted her.

No Woman will want to stay in a marriage with a man that sounds like this, even if he trained her from kindergarten to PHd level . He comes across as a narcissist.

If he can say such hurtful words to his own son he sired from his loins , I can’t imagine what he can do to his woman 🤮
Wetin dey amuse me most is the fact that the Skoin skoin loverboy role e dey play for movies is exactly how e be for real life. So can we even call him an actor when he's basically playing himself grin

African Boomer and Gen X men really have this problem of interacting with their kids. They can't critique without absolutely destroying your psyche, look at that boy wey be like wetin e vomit. So e no even fit deny am.

Wey e suppose use nepotism help him life. I believe you can absolutely have disdain for your ex and still treat your kids well. Just look at Eminem and his daughter vs the mother

That man will be 70 and some goofy will tell him to forgive the man like that without the man ever apologizing or acknowledging his bad behavior

1 Like 1 Share

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by nihilistjnr: 6:44pm On Dec 24, 2023
Ibime:

McDermott is in his first ten fights, a British Champion like Cooper who Ali was fighting twice and losing to mid-career

Apparently McDermott beat Tyson the first time round but Tyson deployed wuruwuru

3 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by GloriousGbola: 7:18pm On Dec 24, 2023
BlueRayDick:

That club dey really dey constitute nuisance for that location . I believe Lagos state government knows they are complicit in the siting of the club there , that’s why they can’t take definite action .

At least they can’t say they didn’t approve the land for it to be used as club . I’m guessing they know if they take any drastic action probabaly he will sue them.

I saw th he commissioner’s post and it didn’t make any sense to me.

Today no one will get approval for any structure in that axis that does not have dedicated parking. They may even insist that some floors be parking spaces.

In actual sense lasg can do anything they want to do,unfortunately. By law the Governor can revoke any cofo at will.

They need to introduce laws for soundproofing of nightclubs and entertainment hubs going forward.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by WhoDeyHause: 7:28pm On Dec 24, 2023
afrodoc2:

You sef see am. I sure say Ibime and Fury dey the same PTA or their children dey go the same school. Dat go explain the stanship easily.
😂😂
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by OasisX: 7:43pm On Dec 24, 2023
Itsrm:

OCJ okocha owns the mighty building Union Bank uses in GRA Junction. It was built in 1996. His wife is the official caterer of the River State government.

Boma Iyaye was installed by Wike with the help of Tinubu as the NDDC director of finance.

Desmond Akawor was also installed by Wike as the federal commissioner of RMAFC.

I am not surprised they are all standing on mandate. Belleticians grin

grin

.....dem fit díè on the mandate sef. LOL
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by afrodoc2: 7:50pm On Dec 24, 2023
nihilistjnr:

Apparently McDermott beat Tyson the first time round but Tyson deployed wuruwuru

Yebariba Samboribobo!!!

Ibime come and hear o.

I am saying it now before God and man, the next Fury fight must use IREV.

3 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by afrodoc2: 7:54pm On Dec 24, 2023
Ibime:

I no compare Fury to Ali

I say no allow me open Ali and Lennox records since you tried to rubbish Fury based on exhibition match

One thing is sure, Fury can never lose to the bums Ali and Lennox lost to, neither can Larry Holmes

But he can cheat McDermott and Ngannou.

Our list of the great fighters Fury fought still never pass 1 o. Is it that you don’t have biro or what?
Oya use your hand to write on the ground.
Aka n’ala style. grin

Meanwhile I didn’t rubbish him based on that match only. I primarily used the no 1 criterion that all the great boxing aficionados use, what is the quality of bodies on your resume. That is the first thing all the great boxing historians mention when comparing greats from different eras. Who did you beat, who did your duck, etc.
Apart from a 40yr old man, Fury has beaten only bums.

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by A40(m): 7:55pm On Dec 24, 2023
raumdeuter:

If Fury doesn't see a challenge he slacks. His last serious fight was Wilder 3 fight and that's over 2yrs ago. He doesn't have any serious challenger. Imagine na Ngannou who learnt boxing for 1yr be his only fight in 2yrs

Don't let this Joshua fight confuse you, that our brother is still a fraud and I will put money on him losing to Fury Usyk and Ngannou. He might have a chance against that Bronze Fraud from Alabama. The Man Utd of Heavyweight boxing

BTW where is that Mexican tellytubby Ruiz wey beat Joshua sef
I'm not suggesting AJ beats Fury, if he couldn't destroy Usyk despite being bigger, younger and supposedly stronger I'm not sure he has any answer for Fury.

For me I'm speaking more about the era being weak more than anything else.

I'm one of those that see Fury beating Usyk more easily than people expect. Dubois was just naive and IMO should have finished Usyk.

If you ask me a more polished Ngannou is the only remedy for Fury as he neutralizes all of Fury's strengths
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by afrodoc2: 8:10pm On Dec 24, 2023
A40:
George Foreman knocking out niggas 10-15 years younger is proof power usually carries.

Wilder relies on his hands and heart to be fair. I think the biggest mistake was not teaching him how to actually box. He goes in with the mentality of he has that eraser. Ngannou did not make that mistake. He said he was going there not to rely on the knockout but to actually box because in most fights if you're seeking for the finish and you don't get it there's every possibility you get finished yourself

I still want to see Wilder and AJ. The game can be very different when niggas stop fearing your power. Derrick Lewis is proof of this in the UFC. I want to see if AJ mano y mano in the ring will not fear Wilder's power

AJ will still fear Wilder’s power cos he is chinny. Parker has a decent chin and probably has more resolve than AJ.
Funny thing is that this Wilder with no boxing ability is an Olympic medallist. It beggars belief.

With regards to Foreman, don’t get it twisted. Na 60% power baba dey take knock people out in the 90s. If you are moving down from Rhino power to Bison power, to the common man all na die. Foreman was knocking people down with punches to the chest and shoulders. Na spiritual something.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 8:22pm On Dec 24, 2023
A40:

Wetin dey amuse me most is the fact that the Skoin skoin loverboy role e dey play for movies is exactly how e be for real life. So can we even call him an actor when he's basically playing himself grin

African Boomer and Gen X men really have this problem of interacting with their kids. They can't critique without absolutely destroying your psyche, look at that boy wey be like wetin e vomit. So e no even fit deny am.

Wey e suppose use nepotism help him life. I believe you can absolutely have disdain for your ex and still treat your kids well. Just look at Eminem and his daughtert vs the mother

That man will be 70 and some goofy will tell him to forgive the man like that without the man ever apologizing or acknowledging his bad behavior

U are right about men of that generation and they destroy the psyche of their kids with their toxicity . If u even check the comments of those defending Emeka Ike, u will know a lot of people didn’t grow up in an environment where there’s genuine fatherly love .

Imagine people saying “ almost everybody has at one time at the other had their dad talk down on them in anger “ ….. “ the boy should stop making mountain out of mole hill because his dad cuss in out of anger “ 🤮

How will a father tell his own son to go and die ? When no be say dem arrest the boy for armed robbery or murder . Smh

Instead make Emeka Ike dey do media your up and down dey disgrace himself , make him family and friends just go carry am go rehab or therapy session

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 8:26pm On Dec 24, 2023
GloriousGbola:

Today no one will get approval for any structure in that axis that does not have dedicated parking. They may even insist that some floors be parking spaces.

In actual sense lasg can do anything they want to do,unfortunately. By law the Governor can revoke any cofo at will.

They need to introduce laws for soundproofing of nightclubs and entertainment hubs going forward.

Quilox has been there for a while na. Shebi it’s somebody that approved the siting of the club there without any arrangement for parking space .

And it’s not just quilox alone , there are other clubs like that in V.I and even on the mainland approved without parking space . I Dey see them in the morning when I dey go work well well; it’s touts that park people by side of the road and offer security protection .

Government needs to check itself first , they should fish out the people approving such anomalies
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by afrodoc2: 8:27pm On Dec 24, 2023
Ibime:

Name the big fighters Ken Norton and Joe Frazier beat apart from Ali, I'll wait

Please don't mention Jerry Quarry

I listed the great fighters that Ali fought. Now you want me to list the great fighters that the great fighters that Ali fought fought. grin

Yet you are yet to list the great fighters that Fury fought.

No be juju be that? 😂😂😂
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Ibime(m): 8:57pm On Dec 24, 2023
afrodoc2:

I listed the great fighters that Ali fought. Now you want me to list the great fighters that the great fighters that Ali fought fought. grin

Yet you are yet to list the great fighters that Fury fought.

No be juju be that? 😂😂😂

So essentially the "GREAT" fighters Ali fought were just bums that beat Ali?

The only great fighters Ali fought are Liston who dived and Foreman who pummeled him and made him park bus and dodge him the rest of his career

Larry Holmes then didn't allow the great fighters Ali fought to breeve for the next decade. They were great when Ali fought them (because they beat Ali) but showed themselves to be the bums they are when faced with Larry Holmes

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by OasisX: 10:08pm On Dec 24, 2023
grin

......Mí ó ni sọ ń kánkán.

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Segedinho(m): 10:12pm On Dec 24, 2023
OasisX:
grin

......Mí ó ni sọ ń kánkán.
Has anyone told you that Fuel subsidy in Nigeria legit??

Do you think anyone would go against d removal if and only if the money would be used positively?

5 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by OasisX: 10:38pm On Dec 24, 2023
Segedinho:

Has anyone told you that Fuel subsidy in Nigeria legit??

Do you think anyone would go against d removal if and only if the money would be used positively?

grin

.....big bro. I said in yoruba that; No comment though, just sharing what Peoples' Governor said.

Kindly direct these questions to him, perhaps via his X handle. I can share it, if you need it sir.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by OasisX: 10:41pm On Dec 24, 2023
“Tinubu came in at a difficult time when inflation was close to 30 per cent, the national debt almost $40 billion, and unemployment close to 33.3 per cent.

"The president has been very courageous, unifying the exchange rate and removing fuel subsidy which had become a scam and costing the nation a lot of money."

- Sir Alex Otti
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by OasisX: 10:43pm On Dec 24, 2023
"Those policies are good, but they come with their negative sides. They come with challenges for an economy where over 60 per cent of the population are living below the poverty line.

"So, it’s not going to be easy immediately, but I believe that if we are patient and if we go through the policies without compromising, over time, things will turn around."

- Sir Alex Otti
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by OasisX: 10:45pm On Dec 24, 2023
“Our partnership with the federal government to bring development to the people is at different levels, including through the National Economic Council and the Nigeria Governors’ Forum.

“After elections, politics takes the back seat, and governance takes pre-eminence. All we are doing is for the interest of Nigerians, and the federal government is also supporting us."

- Sir Alex Otti

(1) (2) (3) ... (3930) (3931) (3932) (3933) (3934) (3935) (3936) ... (4697) (Reply)

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 / Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion

Viewing this topic: larride(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.