Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,386 members, 7,853,729 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 10:40 PM

EPL Chatroom - All Discussions - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (4026) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / EPL Chatroom - All Discussions (1547807 Views)

EPL 2023/2024: Who Would You Say Is The Flop Of The Season? / EPL: Weekend's Results, Updated Premier League Table And Top Scorers / EPL: Five Things We Learnt From The English Premier League This Weekend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (4023) (4024) (4025) (4026) (4027) (4028) (4029) ... (4798) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by izzou(m): 3:27pm On Jan 11
Itsrm..

We were not wrong grin

The guy even paid for this post to be publicised

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by OasisX: 3:32pm On Jan 11
TrebleChamp:
Shey awon Oselu wa beru olorin? 😁

grin

Ẹ je ki awa bẹru Ọlọhun ni tiwa.

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 3:33pm On Jan 11
Dem wan turn this thing to tribal war o

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by iamoyindamola(m): 3:48pm On Jan 11
raumdeuter:

Watch this video

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=368049715028563
Be like when w superstars do collaboration
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by TrebleChamp(m): 3:50pm On Jan 11
BlueRayDick:
Na Northerners full immigration and it looks like the passport reform no favour dem, but the minister should be suspended if it is proven he is culpable. Tinubu will be seen as being tribal biased if he doesn't take similar action on Tunji-Ojo like he did with Betta Edu.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by OasisX: 3:55pm On Jan 11
TrebleChamp:
Na Northerners full immigration and it looks like the passport reform no favour dem, but the minister should be suspended if it is proven he is culpable. Tinubu will be seen as being tribal biased if he doesn't take similar action on Tunji-Ojo like he did with Betta Edu.

Tunji-Ojo actually done nothing wrong and he has proven it already. Those Northerners are simply making noise, nothing but noise.

Where were they when PMB policies nearly end a Country called Nigeria prior to General Elections? Bunch of Jokers.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by OasisX: 3:58pm On Jan 11
grin

Segun Sowunmi don enter we no go gree mode for PDP. LOL!

https:// twitter. com/ONsogbu/status/1745416733769261220?t=_KmREtZUyS_SaMlZCAav8w&s=19

Make una close the space, Ẹ̀gbọ́n Séun no want allow sharing links here again. LOL!

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Ellexy: 4:05pm On Jan 11
BlueRayDick:
They should go and sit down.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by TrebleChamp(m): 4:08pm On Jan 11
OasisX:

Tunji-Ojo actually done nothing wrong and he has proven it already. Those Northerners are simply making noise, nothing but noise.

Where were they when PMB policies nearly end a Country called Nigeria prior to General Elections? Bunch of Jokers.
You dey mind them, it is now they want to protest.
Tunji-Ojo hasn't really proved his innocence, cos he is the owner and a shareholder of the company, and i heard his wife the a Director in the Company. A thorough investigation should be done to ascertain whether he used his influence as Minister to help his company secure the contract, the senate and house of reps should do their own investigation too.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by OasisX: 4:18pm On Jan 11
TrebleChamp:
You dey mind them, it is now they want to protest.
Tunji-Ojo hasn't really proved his innocence, cos he is the owner and a shareholder of the company, and i heard his wife the a Director in the Company. A thorough investigation should be done to ascertain whether he used his influence as Minister to help his company secure the contract, the senate and house of reps should do their own investigation too.

....nah! Nothing to investigate bruh. He is innocent.

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 4:19pm On Jan 11
TrebleChamp:

The issue be say Tunji-Ojo no steal , but most likely had used his influence to get his company the contract from a ministry headed by his friend. It's neither here nor there. I learnt Barth Nnaji was in similar situation under Jonathan and he was forced to resign his appointment as minister. Being a shareholder of the company definitely poses a question of conflict of interest.

Las Las na Tinubu go decide his fate however he deems fit.

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Itsrm(m): 4:21pm On Jan 11
izzou:
Itsrm..

We were not wrong grin

The guy even paid for this post to be publicised

Na so na grin

One person, maybe it's a lie. Two people, maybe it's also a lie. When you have more than 10 people saying the same thing, you will expect it to at least trigger something in his church members.

And this is why these pastors can do anything and get away with it. They know their sheeple and they know they won't believe any accusation you bring against them.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Itsrm(m): 4:25pm On Jan 11
BlueRayDick:

The issue be say Tunji-Ojo no steal , but most likely had used his influence to get his company the contract from a ministry headed by his friend. It's neither here nor there. I learnt Barth Nnaji was in similar situation under Jonathan and he was forced to resign his appointment as minister. Being a shareholder of the company definitely poses a question of conflict of interest.

Las Las na Tinubu go decide his fate however he deems fit.

But let's be realistic here. Is there any government official who is not a shareholder of one company or another? Should they all be forced to resign because the companies where they are shareholders get government contracts?

Osinbajo for instance is a major shareholder of a telco company. That telco company got a big contract from INEC last year. Should he have resigned too?
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 4:31pm On Jan 11
Itsrm:

But let's be realistic here. Is there any government official who is not a shareholder of one company or another? Should they all be forced to resign because the companies where they are shareholders get government contracts?

Osinbajo for instance is a major shareholder of a telco company. That telco company got a big contract from INEC last year. Should he have resigned too?

Osinbajo is not a civil servant/government appointee. He was voted into an elected position. I know Osinbajo is one of the major shareholders in MTN, but I don't think the rule that applies to these ministers & civil servants applies to governors, presidents and vice presidents.

No be me write Nigerian constitution, public service rule and Public procurement Act. What the law says is that public servants can only engage in farming. grin
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by TrebleChamp(m): 4:35pm On Jan 11
OasisX:

....nah! Nothing to investigate bruh. He is innocent.
He resigned a Director of the company in 2019 alright, and i can see his wife is no longer a Director too. But the investigation should centre on whether he used his influence to secure the contract for the company. I like his reforms and he is doing well (he is definitely stealing too, na their way be that), but that should not shield him from proper investigation. Maybe Betta Edu can help shed more light on this, if it won't indict her more...
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Theflint1(m): 4:35pm On Jan 11
Itsrm:

Was Osinbanjo in charge of giving the telco company the contract?
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Itsrm(m): 4:47pm On Jan 11
BlueRayDick:

Osinbajo is not a civil servant/government appointee. He was voted into an elected position. I know Osinbajo is one of the major shareholders in MTN, but I don't think the rule that applies to these ministers & civil servants applies to governors, presidents and vice presidents.

No be me write Nigerian constitution, public service rule and Public procurement Act. What the law says is that public servants can only engage in farming. grin

I just used Osinbajo as an example.

Whoever drafted that law must be drunk and I will be very surprised if this is what obtains in developed countries.

You'll be surprised to find out how heavily invested someone like Cardoso will be in companies operating in the financial sector. Some of those companies will get government contracts.

Emefiele was the CEO of Zenith. I'm sure he didn't just dispose his shares before his appointment to CBN.

What I would have expected the law to mandate is full disclosure before appointment.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Itsrm(m): 4:50pm On Jan 11
Theflint1:
Was Osinbanjo in charge of giving the telco company the contract?

How exactly will I know that? I have not gotten to the level where they invite me to the table when those kinds of deals are being sealed cheesy

Whether he was involved or not is besides the point though. Tunji Ojo also said he wasn't involved with the award of the contract.

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by OasisX: 4:55pm On Jan 11
TrebleChamp:
He resigned a Director of the company in 2019 alright, and i can see his wife is no longer a Director too. But the investigation should centre on whether he used his influence to secure the contract for the company. I like his reforms and he is doing well (he is definitely stealing too, na their way be that), but that should not shield him from proper investigation. Maybe Betta Edu can help shed more light on this, if it won't indict her more...

grin

.....whether he indeed influenced the contract or not shouldn't be subject of discourse bro, except we wanna witch-hunt him.

He resigned in 2019, same as his Wife, so what next?!
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Itsrm(m): 4:58pm On Jan 11
OasisX:

grin

.....whether he indeed influenced the contract or not shouldn't be subject of discourse bro, except we wanna witch-hunt him.

Make dem free the man abeg. I'm not surprised Tinubu has not suspended him. It will be witchcraft to do so.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by OasisX: 5:02pm On Jan 11
Itsrm:

Make dem free the man abeg. I'm not surprised Tinubu has not suspended him. It will be witchcraft to do so.

I swear........none of his relatives is even a shareholder again at the firm, so what next?!
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 5:03pm On Jan 11
Itsrm:

I just used Osinbajo as an example.

Whoever drafted that law must be drunk and I will be very surprised if this is what obtains in developed countries.

You'll be surprised to find out how heavily invested someone like Cardoso will be in companies operating in the financial sector. Some of those companies will get government contracts.

Emefiele was the CEO of Zenith. I'm sure he didn't just dispose his shares before his appointment to CBN.

What I would have expected the law to mandate is full disclosure before appointment.

Those that drafted the law knew how fantastically corrupt their countrymen and women are na. Shey u no see Betta Edu contravene the law still dey shout say she no do anything wrong ? grin

Emefiele was CBN governor and Zenith bank is not a company that gets contract from CBN na.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by OasisX: 5:07pm On Jan 11
.....those calling for Ojo's head, which of the rules did he violate?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Itsrm(m): 5:22pm On Jan 11
OasisX:

Now, this makes sense and just what I said in my previous post. Full disclosure before appointment

Those who want to protest can hit the streets. It will be a long protest grin
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by OasisX: 5:26pm On Jan 11
Itsrm:

Now, this makes sense and just what I said in my previous post. Full disclosure before appointment

Those who want to protest can hit the streets. It will be a long protest grin

grin

.....Peter Obi invested Anambra Money in the Banks where he is a Shareholder, guess that ain't conflict of interest?!

We too dey cap nonsense for Naija. They want Ojo out cos Man dey block their crook-ways of making illegal money.

March 8 no far again. LOL

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by obainojazz(m): 5:38pm On Jan 11
“Street Boy” Olamide lol

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by TrebleChamp(m): 5:45pm On Jan 11
OasisX:

grin

Well i am liking his performance so far, over to Pres Tinubu to do the necessary...
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by TrebleChamp(m): 5:48pm On Jan 11
OasisX:
This should settle it then, unless Betta Edu get something to tell us 😁...
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by TrebleChamp(m): 5:50pm On Jan 11
obainojazz:
“Street Boy” Olamide lol
Burna and Olamide
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Emaprince: 5:59pm On Jan 11
BlueRayDick:
Hmmmm....🤔
Very loud statement.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by TrebleChamp(m): 6:58pm On Jan 11
A certain Doc go don visit this resort in France 😁. White people sha wan vex God to end this world quick...

https://twitter. com/justbrown__/status/1745357145414013056?t=L73qfmyKZSb5AEapJXVR0w&s=19

PS: delete space
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by iamoyindamola(m): 6:59pm On Jan 11
TrebleChamp:
A certain Doc go don visit this resort in France 😁. White people sha wan vex God to end this world quick...

https://twitter. com/justbrown__/status/1745357145414013056?t=L73qfmyKZSb5AEapJXVR0w&s=19

PS: delete space
You beat seeun bot 🤣

(1) (2) (3) ... (4023) (4024) (4025) (4026) (4027) (4028) (4029) ... (4798) (Reply)

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 / Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion

Viewing this topic: Sportsweb, Spy360(m), MonsieurCoder, DammyOlu123(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.