Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,389 members, 7,861,090 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 11:42 PM

EPL Chatroom - All Discussions - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (407) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / EPL Chatroom - All Discussions (1567713 Views)

EPL 2023/2024: Who Would You Say Is The Flop Of The Season? / EPL: Weekend's Results, Updated Premier League Table And Top Scorers / EPL: Five Things We Learnt From The English Premier League This Weekend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (404) (405) (406) (407) (408) (409) (410) ... (4835) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by raumdeuter: 6:27pm On Sep 28, 2022
Ibukzy:
Peter Obi is promising Nigerians he will defeat insecurity, meanwhile he’s running away from Known Gunmen in his home town. No be juju be dat.. And some Obi-idient are here telling us that we are playing with your future, if Obi don't win in 2023.

Can donjzet tell us why Obi has been unable to help defeat insecurity in his state?

Charity begins in Lagos. Obi dare not go out on Monday in a state he governed for 8yrs.

2 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by OasisX: 6:28pm On Sep 28, 2022
Donjazet2:

Talk true bro. You are pained. cheesy cheesy
You know the popular saying; As e dey pain Dem, e go dey.....

grin

E pain me gan.

Nezzjnr..... Apologies, just a banter.

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by OasisX: 6:29pm On Sep 28, 2022
Chimaroke don sew another Thread.

Cc izzou.... any take on this one?

https://twitter.com/ChimarokeNamani/status/1575145900586016771?t=xM1eI7vm-SFM0BRpJScG9w&s=19
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Donjazet2: 6:30pm On Sep 28, 2022
Ibukzy:
Peter Obi is promising Nigerians he will defeat insecurity, meanwhile he’s running away from Known Gunmen in his home town. No be juju be dat.. And some Obi-idient are here telling us that we are playing with your future, if Obi don't win in 2023.

Can donjazet tell us why Obi has been unable to help defeat insecurity in his state?

As what?? President of Nigeria?
Meanwhile when he was governor, the state was the most peaceful state in Nigeria. He dealt decisively with criminals and touts.

Go and verify!

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by patrickmuf(m): 6:35pm On Sep 28, 2022
Donjazet2:

Yes, Listen, the only reason people move to Lagos is one thing. BUSINESSES. Now what drives businesses, POPULATION!!

If you want to set up any big business, you have to site it at where there is a huge population and as such a prospective customer base.

So Lagos has been in a cycle where it's huge population attracts businesses and also being the port city of Nigeria. The gateway of all imports and exports in the country, and the same population keeps driving there because of the businesses.

And all these predates the yellow teeth stained drug baron who now claims ownership of Lagos.

People going to Lagos isn't necessarily because of how "fine" it is, enter some rural villages in the east and see what rural beauty is, but as I said, the businesses and population there, paired with the ports make it the only sensible choice of destination in Nigeria for assured economic prosperity.

Again, nothing to do with the drug baron.
They're ports in the South South, why are people not trooping to Rivers, Cross River and Akwa Ibom?

An environment has to be conducive for businesses to thrive which in turn attracts investors and then people naturally troop in...You can lie to yourself all you want but successive governments of Lagos State have done well to keep the momentum going...

When will you hold your own state governor accountable?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Ibukzy: 6:37pm On Sep 28, 2022
If you want to use this Narratives

Why are you always blaming Tinubu for the issues affecting our country, when he is neither the Governor or President?
Donjazet2:

As what?? President of Nigeria?
Meanwhile when he was governor, the state was the most peaceful state in Nigeria. He dealt decisively with criminals and touts.

Go and verify!

3 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Ibukzy: 6:38pm On Sep 28, 2022
raumdeuter:

Charity begins in Lagos. Obi dare not go out on Monday in a state he governed for 8yrs.

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by PDPGuy: 6:40pm On Sep 28, 2022
Donjazet2:
Another banger!!.

Bloomberg with a banger!!

Someone will now come and type, "Tinubu is coasting home to victory" grin grin. Ewu number 10.

It’s an impressive poll for Obi, but I wouldn’t be overconfident right now. As we have seen with recent US elections, polling and Election Day results are almost entirely two different things

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by larride(m): 6:46pm On Sep 28, 2022
PDPGuy:

It’s an impressive poll for Obi, but I wouldn’t be overconfident right now. As we have seen with recent US elections, polling and Election Day results are almost entirely two different things

A poll with less than 4k respondent that was conducted on an app?

Abeg now cheesy

2 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Itsrm(m): 6:49pm On Sep 28, 2022
OasisX:

https://twitter.com/ChimarokeNamani/status/1575145900586016771?t=xM1eI7vm-SFM0BRpJScG9w&s=19

Brilliant piece.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Nezzjnr: 6:52pm On Sep 28, 2022
OasisX:

grin

E pain me gan.

Nezzjnr..... Apologies, just a banter.
Nah

It's fine Bro cool

1 Like 1 Share

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Donjazet2: 6:53pm On Sep 28, 2022
Ibukzy:
If you want to use this Narratives

Why are you always blaming Tinubu for the issues affecting our country, when he is neither the Governor or President?

For God's sake, don't be mischievous!!

Tinubu is a political godfather of this corrupt Nigerian political system.

I've noticed how you Tinubu supporters suddenly appraise godfatherism, which all of us should utmostly despise. You guys spin godfatherism as "he made men, show me who obi made".

Meanwhile in a healthy democracy, godfatherism is shunned at completely. Once you finish your presidency or term in office, you go and rest.

Obama is almost irrelevant in American politics today, same with George bush, same with Jimmy Carter, same with Tony Blair.

Infact Peter Obi's selling point is the fact that after his tenure he didn't seek to further influence the affairs of the state. He didn't seek bogus pensions,he didn't run to Senate to further enrich himself. PDP literally begged him to come to their party and immediately gave him national appointments after seeing his brilliance as a governor.

And lastly, this sit at home stuff has long since ended. People don't adhere it anymore in the east. This is proof.
https://twitter.com/c_iroanya/status/1574436785580564480?t=-rhjKQOyoYhNLmi3FdVTew&s=19

The truth is he performed very well as a governor. That's why the common man has projected his entire hope of a new and better nigeria upon peter the rock obi.

2 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Donjazet2: 7:00pm On Sep 28, 2022
OasisX:

This man is a God damn fool. Criticizing his party for shunning rotation, Justice and equity, but not doing the same to the APC.
Imagine criticizing PDP for giving north ticket but praising APC for giving the South West ticket even though we've had a western president and a current western VP.

Where is the equity there?? Furthermore, I hate that we keep dividing Nigeria into regions and tribes. For God's sake, these politicians need to know that we the enlightened youth don't care one bit about our tribes!!!!!!

I can't scream this enough!!! We don't fvcking care where the president comes from, we just need competent hands and a brilliant person and the 2 parties gave us 2 old corrupt expired products.

2 grandmasters of corruption and deep rot of Nigeria. For us to continue doing things and politics as usual!!

Soro soke. Enough is enough!

The best response for you below.

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by larride(m): 7:06pm On Sep 28, 2022
Wahala no dey finish. cheesy
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Donjazet2: 7:09pm On Sep 28, 2022
The man of the moment!

The modern day messiah of Nigerian democracy!

Ladies and gentlemen, something is happening right before our eyes. The Nigerian masses are taking power into their hands and telling the corrupt ruling class, NO MORE!!

DON'T SIT ON THE SIDELINES!
DON'T SIDE WITH OUR OPPRESSORS!

Join this revolution and save your country.
https://twitter.com/OluigboPaschal1/status/1575169777861292032?t=BRCJlflOy61u9BQfZzZyxA&s=19

1 Like 1 Share

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by OasisX: 7:13pm On Sep 28, 2022
grin

I guess there is only one North, also there is only one tribe in the whole North.

4 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Itsrm(m): 7:16pm On Sep 28, 2022
OasisX:
grin

I guess there is only one North, also there is only one tribe in the whole North.

And remind me, did the APC zone the presidency to the South West? No be as Tinubu contest dem Umahi also contest? grin

Chimaroke already addressed all of it in that tweet but trust those who want to criticise not to even read what they are criticising.

3 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Emmynator(m): 7:18pm On Sep 28, 2022
larride:

A poll with less than 4k respondent that was conducted on an app?

Abeg now cheesy
A poll that gives a candidate 72% is definitely has sample issue, possibly people who will qualify to be part of the interview are predominantly Obi supporters.

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by izzou(m): 7:23pm On Sep 28, 2022
Itsrm:

And remind me, did the APC zone the presidency to the South West? No be as Tinubu contest dem Umahi also contest? grin

Chimaroke already addressed all of it in that tweet but trust those who want to criticise not to even read what they are criticising.

So, what is Chimaroke's advice?

The Igbos should support APC and if they win, wait for 16 years?

Or they should support PDP, and if they win, wait for 8 years?

Because all I see is a man telling us history in sets of 120 characters

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Segedinho(m): 7:24pm On Sep 28, 2022
Donjazet2:

For God's sake, don't be mischievous!!

Tinubu is a political godfather of this corrupt Nigerian political system.

I've noticed how you Tinubu supporters suddenly appraise godfatherism, which all of us should utmostly despise. You guys spin godfatherism as "he made men, show me who obi made".

Meanwhile in a healthy democracy, godfatherism is shunned at completely. Once you finish your presidency or term in office, you go and rest.

Obama is almost irrelevant in American politics today, same with George bush, same with Jimmy Carter, same with Tony Blair.

Infact Peter Obi's selling point is the fact that after his tenure he didn't seek to further influence the affairs of the state. He didn't seek bogus pensions,he didn't run to Senate to further enrich himself. PDP literally begged him to come to their party and immediately gave him national appointments after seeing his brilliance as a governor.

And lastly, this sit at home stuff has long since ended. People don't adhere it anymore in the east. This is proof.
https://twitter.com/c_iroanya/status/1574436785580564480?t=-rhjKQOyoYhNLmi3FdVTew&s=19

The truth is he performed very well as a governor. That's why the common man has projected his entire hope of a new and better nigeria upon peter the rock obi.
This is one of the thing i keep wondering about "jagaban theory".a former state gov still installing favourites ahead of millions who are to be governed..

This thing no clear at all.

i think that was exactly what Oshomole wanted to achieve in Edo state...

2 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Ibime(m): 7:24pm On Sep 28, 2022
raumdeuter:
I just noticed that the GB Pounds fell below the US Dollar

According to google $1 = 0.92 GBP

GBP is being hammered due to our new Prime Ministers tax giveaway policy we cannot afford at this moment, but you are reading that google wrong way round.

If 92 pence equal $1 then £ is still stronger.

£1 buys you $1.09
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by GloriousGbola: 7:31pm On Sep 28, 2022
Emmynator:

A poll that gives a candidate 72% is definitely has sample issue, possibly people who will qualify to be part of the interview are predominantly Obi supporters.

obi supporters could not keep eloswag in the bbnaija house. a platform driven by youth votes and they could not prevail. take their 'polls' seriously at your own peril
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by raumdeuter: 7:31pm On Sep 28, 2022
Itsrm:

Its North vs South

When its the time of the North everyone NW, NE and NC will contest for it
When its the turn of the South, everyone SW, SE and SS will contest for it

Just like in 1999 when PDP said it was turn of the South OBJ SW defeated Ekwueme SE in the Jos primary to win the ticket

That was why people like Wike fought for it to be zoned to the South. whether its Fayose - SW, Wike SS or Anyim SE. It won't matter

2 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by liveLongNprospa(m): 7:32pm On Sep 28, 2022
larride:

Just dont give yourself hbp. That's my only advise. This 5 month is going to be long.

Keep calm

Una dey here dey form calmness grin cheesy

Howfar una PCC matter?
Has Tinubu settled the governors? grin

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by raumdeuter: 7:34pm On Sep 28, 2022
Ibime:
GBP is being hammered due to our new Prime Ministers tax giveaway policy we cannot afford at this moment, but you are reading that google wrong way round.

If 92 pence equal $1 then £ is still stronger.

£1 buys you $1.09

You are right, I just saw this bloomberg popup, I dont have the subscription to read it and just ran with the story

But the Pounds has been getting hit even before the Prime ministers policy. I remember paying for something in UK and when they refunded a month later, I got less dollar

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Emmynator(m): 7:35pm On Sep 28, 2022
Person Don start organic and inorganic again. Just hope that the ballot can differentiate between organic and inorganic votes on the D-day Sha grin

2 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by liveLongNprospa(m): 7:35pm On Sep 28, 2022
raumdeuter:
Has there been any condemnation for Obi who said exactly the same thing

https://thenationonlineng.net/sss-detains-el-rufai-awka/amp/

“I can’t go to Katsina and monitor a governorship election. This is a federation. Even if he belongs to a particular party, the party has chieftains in this state and people of the southeast extraction.

Yup Dayo you are a Arrow and it's an insult to twats.

This na old old issue wey them Don deal with since and yet you are still holding on to it grin.

Why should el rufai be moving around anambra in an election ni.
On what capacity? undecided

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by iamoyindamola(m): 7:37pm On Sep 28, 2022
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Ibime(m): 7:39pm On Sep 28, 2022
raumdeuter:

You are right, I just saw this bloomberg popup, I dont have the subscription to read it and just ran with the story

But the Pounds has been getting hit even before the Prime ministers policy. I remember paying for something in UK and when they refunded a month later, I got less dollar

£ was $1.40 in 2020, $1.35 in 2021 and was $1.20 this year. That was all general dollar strengthening from equities pullback into dollar rather than loss of confidence in UK. But once the prime minister announced her tax cut nonsense at a time when the country should be cutting down after the massive Covid expense, they battered it down to $1.05 from $1.20 in one day. BoE is now starting to intervene to push it back up to $1.09.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by raumdeuter: 7:40pm On Sep 28, 2022
liveLongNprospa:

Yup Dayo you are a Arrow and it's an insult to twats.

This na old old issue wey them Don deal with since and yet you are still holding on to it grin.

Why should el rufai be moving around anambra in an election ni.
On what capacity? undecided

So old issue dey now? How long makes an issue an old issue? The posts your guy have been posting all over were made around th same time is it not an old issue?

Why shouldn't El Rufai move around and why should only Ibos be able to move around Anambra on election according to Obi?

What gives Nigerians of SE extraction rights to move around in Anambra and not those of North or Western

How is it different from someone saying Lagos election should only be the business of Yorubas?

6 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by izzou(m): 7:40pm On Sep 28, 2022
Emmynator:
Person Don start organic and inorganic again. Just hope that the ballot can differentiate between organic and inorganic votes on the D-day Sha grin

Yes, it can

Donj, Nezzjnr, OkpaNsukka, Emmascott - Organic votes

Izzou, Emmynator, Jodera - Inorganic votes

PO has it all
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by raumdeuter: 7:41pm On Sep 28, 2022
Ibime:

£ was $1.40 in 2020, $1.35 in 2021 and was $1.20 this year. That was all general dollar strengthening from equities pullback into dollar rather than loss of confidence in UK. But once the prime minister announced her tax cut nonsense at a time when the country should be cutting down after the massive Covid expense, they battered it down to $1.05 from $1.20 in one day. BoE is now starting to intervene to push it back up to $1.09.

This would be the right time for any US investor with spare dollar to buy UK based assets like Real estate cos I believe GBP might correct back and go to at least 1.20

(1) (2) (3) ... (404) (405) (406) (407) (408) (409) (410) ... (4835) (Reply)

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 / Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion

Viewing this topic: OasisX and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.