Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,808 members, 7,817,344 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:40 AM

EPL Chatroom - All Discussions - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (4148) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / EPL Chatroom - All Discussions (1438206 Views)

EPL 2023/2024: Who Would You Say Is The Flop Of The Season? / EPL: Weekend's Results, Updated Premier League Table And Top Scorers / EPL: Five Things We Learnt From The English Premier League This Weekend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (4145) (4146) (4147) (4148) (4149) (4150) (4151) ... (4630) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by WhoDeyHause: 12:20am On Feb 09
nihilistjnr:

Pure water price is going to go up very shortly. I heard their association is consulting nationally to hike prices due of significant increase in cost of nylon sheets by the mostly Lebanese cartel.
For sure. There's no fixed price for any commodity at the moment cause you can sleep and wake up to a 30% increase the next morning especially as we're an import dependent country. And we also know unlike the law of gravity almost anything that goes up hardly goes down. 50 naira is already gradually becoming useless like it's junior brothers. Thing is if common stuff like garri and pure water are gradually escaping the grip of the common man then it might not be hard to see dead body surplus. The post subsidy removal effects were not well planned for at all.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Realmrsean: 12:43am On Feb 09
America and NATO are devilish organizations that deserves Putin as oppositions to match their madness to for tat

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Ellexy: 1:11am On Feb 09
Itsrm:

Nawa o. Dem dey import feed?

My mum was telling me today a bag of Sugar is now 80k plus. She said it was 27k in 2022. I did a little research and realised we actually import raw sugar. All dangote does is refine
Wait with all the cane sugar plantations wey this country get we still dey import sugar?
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by afrodoc2: 2:39am On Feb 09
izzou:

The rush to remove all subsidies and most especially float the naira was the beginning of our problems

Now, they cannot manage any of the effects.

Some of us warned about this. Removing the subsidy at that time was a confirmed error. He should have found a way of putting measures in place first and then removing subsidy after about 2 years.

Ultimately that might still not have worked but would probably have caused less suffering.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 4:46am On Feb 09
izzou:

The rush to remove all subsidies and most especially float the naira was the beginning of our problems

This is the truth ; they know this but u they will never admit it.

Things are spiraling out of control and u still see government playing dumb politics blaming every other person apart from themselves, their dumb policies & implementation process.

Just early this week APC was blaming opposition for sponsoring anti-Tinubu protests .

I was telling a friend recently that so many tenants will default on their rent payments this year because I don’t see how people still struggling to feed with their income will be able to renew rent when the time comes. That in itself is one crisis waiting to happen because the landlord whose disposable income has reduced due to the general hike in prices of commodity will want to increase rent . Eviction and quit notice case go plenty for court this year if things keep going this way

6 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 4:48am On Feb 09
afrodoc2:

Some of us warned about this. Removing the subsidy at that time was a confirmed error. He should have found a way of putting measures in place first and then removing subsidy after about 2 years.

Ultimately that might still not have worked but would probably have caused less suffering.

Exactly ! People that didn’t have foresight kept applauding it as a good move; “removing the subsidy all at once and allowing dollar to find its value “.

Now the only commodity everybody fit afford now na HOPE.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Itsrm(m): 5:30am On Feb 09
Ellexy:
Wait with all the cane sugar plantations wey this country get we still dey import sugar?

I was shocked as you are

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Tochex101(m): 5:56am On Feb 09
izzou:

Exactly.....businesses are packing up.
So many people are loosing their jobs daily.
I told my neighbours and friends that I haven't really done any business this year cos this pole dancing exchange rate is keeping me on my toes.........
Everything just get K-leg..
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by afrodoc2: 6:42am On Feb 09
BlueRayDick:

Exactly ! People that didn’t have foresight kept applauding it as a good move; “removing the subsidy all at once and allowing dollar to find its value “.

We argued this thing for weeks then. At a time i could not understand people's line of thinking. Nigerians living in Nigeria were supporting immediate removal of subsidy BEFORE any palliative measures were in place. I just had to raise my hands like Mr Ibu.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Emaprince: 7:21am On Feb 09
BlueRayDick:

Na still APC supporters that were queueing up to voice their support of the removal because, shame won't let them criticise the man whose brain we need, and never the body. The worst of them are those who lives here with us and are experiencing and witnessing the sufferings of the masses first hand. Never mind the abroadians detached from the actual realities over here.

Things are very tough now...but we still dey hustle dey survive. But there are people that this tinubus govt have really reduced to nothing. Smh. And it will shock you to know that majority of these victims are his supporters, but shame no go let them admit. To them : as long as it's not peter Obi, let the suffering continue.

Now APC next move is yo regulate social media. You see what their priorities are? Dumb criminals who only came to rub and cripple the economy kpatakpata
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Ballzproblem2: 7:32am On Feb 09
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 7:44am On Feb 09
Emaprince:
Na still APC supporters that were queueing up to voice their support of the removal because, shame won't let them criticise the man whose brain we need, and never the body. The worst of them are those who lives here with us and are experiencing and witnessing the sufferings of the masses first hand. Never mind the abroadians detached from the actual realities over here.

Things are very tough now...but we still dey hustle dey survive. But there are people that this tinubus govt have really reduced to nothing. Smh. And it will shock you to know that majority of these victims are his supporters, but shame no go let them admit. To them : as long as it's not peter Obi, let the suffering continue.

Now APC next move is yo regulate social media. You see what their priorities are? Dumb criminals who only came to rub and cripple the economy kpatakpata

What I've noticed is that it is only online everybody forms macho as if the nationwide hardship does not affect them one way or another irrespective of what side of the divide u are. Offline everybody dey feel am.

Even me wey dey hyperventilate after the election saying I won't offer any assistance to anybody who knowingly voted APC continuity because of primordial instincts like tribal & religious reasons; I don renege because there's a limit to how u can turn away ur eyes from ur age long acquaintances enduring serious hardship under this Tinubu government that doesn't know its right from left.

When someone said people with N600k salary now struggle, yahoo boys and people wey their mama & papa still dey feed think say na cap. By the time u buy fuel, buy foodstuff for ur immediate family, do transfer to people in the family u come from, pay NEPA bill, make contributions towards ur rent, fuel ur generator, pay dry cleaner, etc...then u will know how much remain wey u wan appropriate further.

Sometimes u go just sit down and wonder how people who are cleaners, security guards, drivers, etc survive with their meagre salary without stealing.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 7:47am On Feb 09
afrodoc2:

We argued this thing for weeks then. At a time i could not understand people's line of thinking. Nigerians living in Nigeria were supporting immediate removal of subsidy BEFORE any palliative measures were in place. I just had to raise my hands like Mr Ibu.

I don't even know if na jazz or it's just blind loyalty on the part of people like that.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by izzou(m): 7:51am On Feb 09
Tochex101:

Exactly.....businesses are packing up.
So many people are loosing their jobs daily.
I told my neighbours and friends that I haven't really done any business this year cos this pole dancing exchange rate is keeping me on my toes.........
Everything just get K-leg..

I think i sold something tangible twice in January.

Thank God for Ebonyi and PH runs that made me smile well.

Na God hand we dey for this 2024.

The funniest part is there is no sign of the naira coming stronger.

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 7:54am On Feb 09
Ballzproblem2:
https://www.lindaikejisblog.com/2024/2/super-eagles-players-observe-minute-silence-for-the-four-nigerians-who-passed-on-during-their-match-against-south-africa-2.html

make una no dey kill unaself because of match smh, anyways they should try abd honour them by winning afcon

I don't know why people take football to serious like that at the detriment of their health. As much as I love football, I don't allow it get to me to the extent of affecting my general well being & health.

The last time I ever had any medical health related issue due to a football match was 2006 Champions league final between Arsenal & Barca. I had serious headache after Arsenal lost the match and e be like say my head wan burst from the shouting and tension that happened through the 90 mins.

As I grew older I decided such energy should not be expended on a football match I have no control over the eventual outcome. Except those men who died as a result of Naija Vs Super Eagles are heavy gamblers, I don't see reason why they should subject themselves to that much tension.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Spy360(m): 7:57am On Feb 09
afrodoc2:

The issue is not removing subsidy. It's the theft going on amongst the government officials that is affecting the country. They stole the subsidy money meant to take care of these effects

2 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Spy360(m): 7:59am On Feb 09
afrodoc2:

To be sincere I saw your argument then and you have been proven right by every sense of the word.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by afrodoc2: 8:04am On Feb 09
Spy360:

The issue is not removing subsidy. It's the theft going on amongst the government officials that is affecting the country. They stole the subsidy money meant to take care of these effects

I have kukuma made suggestion on how to solve the corruption and theft.

We need a magnified Rawlings approach.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by OasisX: 8:11am On Feb 09
afrodoc2:

I have kukuma made suggestion on how to solve solve the corruption and theft.

grin grin grin
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Ebukacute(m): 8:15am On Feb 09
izzou:

Yesterday one of my customers nearly curse hell out of me. December 29th I supplied 2.5mm Lagos star cable at the rate of 28k each cable and wired his beer palor for him. Last week ,he called me on phone to supply two more rolls of the cable to him for another job(me wey never see work for days now, see as I happy grin),he forwarded 54k to me. As I phone emeka the dealer e come be say 2.5mm cable's current price na 38k each. Something wey he supplied 25k to me just about 6 weeks ago. I freeze!!! God!!. I enter bike go the market dey Waka shop to shop like ashawoo wey dey find customer. e come be say na emeka sell cheap pas sef cos e be like say he never get info say others don dey sell 40k,42k. 2.5mm wey we dey buy 16k early last year oo. Obara Jesus!!! ... Which mouth I wan use tell oga hyginus say cable don add 11k each within the space of 6 weeks. I enter bike dey go house na, comot 5k inside am cook better egusi soup, buy hero beer take quench my vex for tinubu and his supporters. Begin dodge the man call. After two days I call am tell am say I no well na why he never see me abi he go like make I forward the money back make he buy am by himself? He say e better , I send am back. E no reach 5hrs he begin call me, he call me almost 15times😁 I bon am. If u see text message wey this silly man send to me eh😁😁😁😁
Baba this country have gone to the dogs oo... I dey find who go dash me gun make I begin tifff jor, no levels for we the poor. No breath

Senior man up there dey talk say 600k no dey do am a month grin e plenty wey dey survive on 30k or less a month. With kids oo,in-laws, concubines plus house boy/girl

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by afrodoc2: 8:19am On Feb 09
Person wey dey collect 30k per month no suppose get concubine o. cheesy

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Ebukacute(m): 8:20am On Feb 09
afrodoc2:
E go shock u na
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by izzou(m): 8:21am On Feb 09
Ebukacute:

Yesterday one of my customers nearly curse hell out of me. December 29th I supplied 2.5mm Lagos star cable at the rate of 28k each cable and wired his beer palor for him. Last week ,he called me on phone to supply two more rolls of the cable to him for another job(me wey never see work for days now, see as I happy grin),he forwarded 54k to me. As I phone emeka the dealer e come be say 2.5mm cable's current price na 38k each. Something wey he supplied 25k to me just about 6 weeks ago. I freeze!!! God!!. I enter bike go the market dey Waka shop to shop like ashawoo wey dey find customer. e come be say na emeka sell cheap pas sef cos e be like say he never get info say others don dey sell 40k,42k. 2.5mm wey we dey buy 16k early last year oo. Obara Jesus!!! ... Which mouth I wan use tell oga hyginus say cable don add 11k each within the space of 6 weeks. I enter bike dey go house na, comot 5k inside am cook better egusi soup, buy hero beer take quench my vex for tinubu and his supporters. Begin dodge the man call. After two days I call am tell am say I no well na why he never see me abi he go like make I forward the money back make he buy am by himself? He say e better , I send am back. E no reach 5hrs he begin call me, he call me almost 15times😁 I bon am. If u see text message wey this silly man send to me eh😁😁😁😁

Baba this country have gone to the dogs oo... I dey find who go dash me gun make I begin tifff jor, no levels for we the poor. No breath

Senior man up there dey talk say 600k no dey do am a month grin e plenty wey the survive on 30k or less a month. With kids oo,in-laws, concubines plus house boy/girl

You better give Mazi Hyginus him money, or better still, let him know the condition of the market. grin

Na why i dey laugh at the bolded. Unless you want to chill with the big boys, 600k go take care of you well.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by afrodoc2: 8:27am On Feb 09
Ebukacute:

E go shock u na

That kind person no suppose complain. If you do anyhow you have to see anyhow.

You are collecting 30k monthly you still get concubine, you still dey subscribe to mojo, or you still dey go club, it is not Tinubu that is doing you. cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by OasisX: 8:29am On Feb 09
....black market will díè naturally soon.

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Tochex101(m): 8:29am On Feb 09
izzou:

Thats good.......as for the naira, the less said.....the better.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Ebukacute(m): 8:32am On Feb 09
izzou:

You better give Mazi Hyginus him money, or better still, let him know the condition of the market. grin

Na why i dey laugh at the bolded. Unless you want to chill with the big boys, 600k go take care of you well.

E dey pain me if I see pesin wey dey abroad use all him strength dey defend this government. Why na!! You no get relatives or friends wey dey tell you whatsup? You no dey read news? The way wey this inflation dey go baba, if it continues like this kpatakpata 3months time omo all hell will let loose oo. Everywhere for this country go burst guy
Sweet country wey we suppose dey enjoy, dey manage our PDP shege wey we dey collect , dem donjazeeet 😁and co wey Sabi blow grammar pas us come carry APC give us now na shege banza we dey see

3 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 8:33am On Feb 09
afrodoc2:

I have kukuma made suggestion on how to solve the corruption and theft.

I doubt the Rawlings kinda approach will even be successful in a country like Nigeria bedeviled by tribalism and ethnicity. It didn't work in 1966 when Nigerians are not as divided as they are today and I doubt it will work now.

The same Nigerians who vote for politicians based on primordial sentiments like tribalism will find a way to sabotage the process of cleansing the system cos one or two of their benefactors are amongst those earmarked for elimination.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by LordAdam16: 8:33am On Feb 09
afrodoc2:

Na him need am pass sef.

-Lord

3 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Ebukacute(m): 8:34am On Feb 09
afrodoc2:

That kind person no suppose complain. If you do anyhow you have to see anyhow.

You are collecting 30k monthly you still get concubine, you still dey subscribe to mojo, or you still dey go club, it is not Tinubu that is doing you. cheesy

Bad doctor like u grin
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Itsrm(m): 8:35am On Feb 09
izzou:

For married people with kids, if you mean just paying bills and driving a 2003 corolla, then 600k monthly will be just enough.

If you have to save for the rainy day, take flight when you need to travel, go on vacation with the family and lodge in hotels, you're on your own.

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Itsrm(m): 8:36am On Feb 09
OasisX:
....black market will díè naturally soon.

If I hear.

I already posted about it here before it's now going viral

Itsrm:
Rebounding Naira

Meanwhile you can no longer receive dollar payouts from the bank when you receive money through western union and the likes

The bank converts it to Naira for you at their own rate and will give you the Naira equivalent.

Before now, they could pay out dollar, then you hand it over to Aboki to get the best value for money.

I guess the whole idea is to increase the amount of dollar supply in official channels. What these mugus don't seem to realise is, no one will use western union any longer. People will simply open domiciliary accounts to receive money and then send to Aboki.

Except the bank rate is considerably higher than Aboki rate which is very unlikely.

(1) (2) (3) ... (4145) (4146) (4147) (4148) (4149) (4150) (4151) ... (4630) (Reply)

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 / Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion

Viewing this topic: Ajd19, CentiLion(m) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.