Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,503 members, 7,830,516 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 12:45 AM

EPL Chatroom - All Discussions - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (4429) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / EPL Chatroom - All Discussions (1478839 Views)

EPL 2023/2024: Who Would You Say Is The Flop Of The Season? / EPL: Weekend's Results, Updated Premier League Table And Top Scorers / EPL: Five Things We Learnt From The English Premier League This Weekend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (4426) (4427) (4428) (4429) (4430) (4431) (4432) ... (4681) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by pocohantas(f): 10:06am On Mar 15
Nazgul:

grin grin grin

Yes no dey cause problem na. grin
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 10:20am On Mar 15
Theflint1:
Those who did the work should be allowed to eat, optics and merit be damned.

The only reason Bosun was allowed to eat wasn't that Tinubu is some forgiving politician, it's because way before then Bosun had already sworn fealty and kissed the ring, the way he's moved post-appointment is further proof of that...that senatorial screening wasn't his baptism of fire.

The particular CBN position in question is the South East's slot, so they'd most likely be replacing her with some other South Easterner that's less Obidient (probably a full-blown cornvict) and accepting to the powers that be.

If na by that one , they should kukuma give Joe Igbokwe make everybody rest na .

In case u want to talk about job experience or being qualified for the job, remember Tinubu appointed a certain Dr. Salako as chairman of board for Medical Laboratory Science Council of Nigeria despite Salako not being qualified for the job by law. ( Only Lab Scientists can be appointed chairman, but Salako is a Medical Doctor ) .
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Ibime(m): 10:39am On Mar 15
afrodoc2:

Fibre optic cables routed from Europe to the Atlantic Ocean through the Red Sea?

Hmmmm 🤔

Forwarded as received grin grin grin
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by afrodoc2: 10:45am On Mar 15
Ibime:

Forwarded as received grin grin grin

Chukwudi na Otunba Lamba 😄
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by OasisX: 10:47am On Mar 15
afrodoc2:

Fibre optic cables routed from Europe to the Atlantic Ocean through the Red Sea?

Hmmmm 🤔

grin grin grin
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by OasisX: 10:50am On Mar 15
.....42nd Olubadan has joined his Ancestors.

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by User09: 10:50am On Mar 15
raumdeuter:

Was Bosun not an Obidient
If they don't want to pick opposition then they should do better background checks

I dont know man.

Something about this whole thing doesnt add up.

Knowing how Naija politics is, I would probably say that both the Bosun guy and this lady must have really lobbied for it. Disingenious given their past political remarks but not surprising as most vocal critics have been found out to be opportunist at the end of the day

Its quite dicey cos CBN should actually be an independent institution but with the way that place is run, politics would really have the most say in appointments.

Personally, I would really like very neutral people to run that institution or at least be a major part of the board. Tells a lot and will help in avoiding a lot of groupthink pervasive in that place.

2 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by afrodoc2: 10:52am On Mar 15
OasisX:

grin grin grin

Abi I lie? You Middle East people or a telecom person might be able to clarify the issue.

In my experience na only for viewing centre dem dey connect cable like that. 🤷đŸģ‍♂ī¸
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by afrodoc2: 10:54am On Mar 15
OasisX:
.....42nd Olubadan has joined his Ancestors.

This man use the previous Olubadan nose to blow trumpet. E no allow that one breath.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by OasisX: 10:56am On Mar 15
afrodoc2:

Abi I lie? You Middle East people or a telecom person might be able to clarify the issue.

In my experience na only for viewing centre dem dey connect cable like that. 🤷đŸģ‍♂ī¸

grin

.....Chief ibime apparently goofed on this one. Baba didn't verify well before sharing. WhatsApp BC is written all over the post.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by OasisX: 10:58am On Mar 15
afrodoc2:

This man use the previous Olubadan nose to blow trumpet. E no allow that one breath.

grin

.....I swear, to extent of colluding with late Ajimobi to crown them as Kings too.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Ballzproblemm: 11:01am On Mar 15
BlueRayDick:

Okpa go still use his unstable network to counter this post and blame Israel & their supporters in the west cheesy
let him switch to network providers in Russia,oh no! he can't 🤡🤡🤡
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by izzou(m): 11:01am On Mar 15
This life sef!

After all our hustling and fighting to live, we go just die like that.

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by afrodoc2: 11:01am On Mar 15
OasisX:

grin

.....I swear, to extent of colluding with late Ajimobi to crown them as Kings too.

I wanted to follow up on how he handled the situation with his subordinates when he became Olubadan.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by OasisX: 11:07am On Mar 15
afrodoc2:

I wanted to follow up on how he handled the situation with his subordinates when he became Olubadan.

grin

....scrapped, restore the status quo - thanks to Seyi Makinde.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by afrodoc2: 11:11am On Mar 15
OasisX:

grin

....scrapped, restore the status quo - thanks to Seyi Makinde.

People are really wicked.

Maybe na why the 41st Olubadan no let am enjoy the seat for long.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by OasisX: 11:12am On Mar 15
....though Sen. Rasheed Ladoja is presently Otun Olubadan but he won't succeed the late King because he is also from civilian line.

Next Olubadan is coming from military line [Balogun] and his name is; High Chief Olakulehin, 84yrs old.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by OasisX: 11:12am On Mar 15
afrodoc2:

People are really wicked.

Maybe na why the 41st Olubadan no let am enjoy the seat for long.

cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Ibime(m): 11:23am On Mar 15
afrodoc2:

Chukwudi na Otunba Lamba 😄

Agenda must agend
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Ibime(m): 11:25am On Mar 15
OasisX:

grin

.....Chief ibime apparently goofed on this one. Baba didn't verify well before sharing. WhatsApp BC is written all over the post.

I knew it's unlikely before sharing, but it's still a possibility

At least our Kenyan, SAFA and Somalian brothers on the east side could be affected
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by OasisX: 11:31am On Mar 15
Ibime:

At least our Kenyan, SAFA and Somalian brothers on the east side could be affected

grin

......according to Reports, eight West African Countries are affected.

Damage to four subsea cables off the west coast of Africa is disrupting internet services across the continent. 

The West Africa Cable System, MainOne, South Atlantic 3 and ACE sea cables — arteries for telecommunications data — were all affected on Thursday and early Friday, triggering outages and connectivity issues for a second day for mobile operators and internet service providers, according to data from internet-analysis firms including NetBlocks, Kentik and Cloudflare. The cause of the cable faults has not yet been determined. 

Culled from Bloomberg.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by GloriousGbola: 11:32am On Mar 15
OasisX:

grin

there was some network downtime last week, and i asked a classmate in mtn if it was due to houthis cutting cables

he said no, this one is local problem, cables are getting damaged locally

but we ALL have a big problem now as all these terrorists are now commited to destroying infrastructure - which is what is happening with transmission towers in the north.

OasisX:

grin

......according to Reports, eight West African Countries are affected.

probbaly some ship dropping anchor carelessly

https://www.popularmechanics.com/technology/infrastructure/a24064/anchor-cuts-undersea-internet-cables/
https://ultramapglobal.com/the-biggest-threat-to-subsea-cables/
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by OasisX: 11:34am On Mar 15
GloriousGbola:

there was some network downtime last week, and i asked a classmate in mtn if it was due to houthis cutting cables

he said no, this one is local problem, cables are getting damaged locally

but we ALL have a big problem now as all these terrorists are now commited to destroying infrastructure - which is what is happening with transmission towers in the north.

grin

Houthis allegedly caused one recently in the Red Sea. They sank a Ship that reportedly damaged some cables.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Ballzproblemm: 11:48am On Mar 15
Ibime:

houthis not that sophisticated to damage under water cable that is deep you will need unmanned underwater submarine a capability they don't have.

e get why I dey call you fraudibeme.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Ibime(m): 11:54am On Mar 15
Ballzproblemm:
houthis not that sophisticated to damage under water cable that is deep you will need unmanned underwater submarine a capability they don't have.

grin grin grin

Dey play, e be like dem cut some line there recently
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Ballzproblemm: 12:08pm On Mar 15
Ibime:

grin grin grin

Dey play, e be like dem cut some line there recently
no source to back your claims

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by GloriousGbola: 12:13pm On Mar 15
Ballzproblemm:

on thier own yes - but they are proxies for iran. and they have been threatening to damage cables for the last one month.
they have already fked up shipping by attacking different vessels in the region
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by superintendents(m): 12:18pm On Mar 15
grin grin grin

My guys, make i update una wetin dey happened for our lovely country..

grin

Oasis I dey greet, I need this borehole contract please.. grin

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by GloriousGbola: 12:19pm On Mar 15
https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2024/3/6/why-are-people-blaming-the-houthis-for-cutting-the-red-sea-cables

The Houthis have issued a statement denying responsibility for cutting the cables.

In February, the Houthis published a map on their Telegram channel that showed the cables running along the bottom of the Red Sea.

gaslighting baggers

Four out of nearly 20 submarine cables in the Red Sea – Seacom, TGN-Gulf, Asia-Africa-Europe 1 and Europe India Gateway – were cut on Tuesday, according to HGC Global Communications, which operates on the cables.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by raumdeuter: 12:27pm On Mar 15
afrodoc2:

Denying your opposition political appointments is one thing, being incompetent and tone-deaf enough to initially offer your opposition the job before then withdrawing the offer is next level comical.

I don't have a problem with number 1

Number 2 is where the issue lies. They shouldn't have brought up her name in the first place before withdrawing it
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Ballzproblemm: 12:37pm On Mar 15
GloriousGbola:

on thier own yes - but they are proxies for iran. and they have been threatening to damage cables for the last one month.
they have already fked up shipping by attacking different vessels in the region

all true
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by raumdeuter: 12:38pm On Mar 15
izzou:
This life sef!

After all our hustling and fighting to live, we go just die like that.

Na so life be. No be for Wigwe burial some people remember to dey sub themselves

Shebi na for burial program Betty dey @ all her haters

(1) (2) (3) ... (4426) (4427) (4428) (4429) (4430) (4431) (4432) ... (4681) (Reply)

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 / Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "mÊs Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.