Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,697 members, 7,816,850 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:48 PM

EPL Chatroom - All Discussions - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (4601) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / EPL Chatroom - All Discussions (1435675 Views)

EPL 2023/2024: Who Would You Say Is The Flop Of The Season? / EPL: Weekend's Results, Updated Premier League Table And Top Scorers / EPL: Five Things We Learnt From The English Premier League This Weekend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (4598) (4599) (4600) (4601) (4602) (4603) (4604) ... (4630) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by enigma0: 2:51pm On Apr 23
iamoyindamola:

There's this saying if you go to lautech
You are either a yahoo boy or an olosho
So I won't fault the lecturer here, that school no follow at all to begin with
The level of mediocre there is high
Yeah, lautech is said to be the hq of yahoo in naija, but the sch wasn't as bad as you made it seem. It was the best state uni in naija before its crisis
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by OkpaNsukkaisBae(m): 3:02pm On Apr 23
Unlimited22:

😂😂😂😂

A Libya in civil war dey generate more than Nigeria.

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 3:54pm On Apr 23
enigma0:

Yeah, lautech is said to be the hq of yahoo in naija, but the sch wasn't as bad as you made it seem. It was the best state uni in naija before its crisis

fuke ! grin

LAUTECH was never the best state university in Nigeria at any point in time.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Theflint1(m): 3:54pm On Apr 23
OasisX:
grin

Shogunlẹ seems an overrrared series. From Ep1 to last Ep, nothing spectacular to me. LOL!

Burning nothing less down 4600mb weekly to download the episodes pain me sha.
cheesy cheesy cheesy
I no too feel the first couple episodes sha, so I just fashi am make full season comot...would go back to the series and see if it picked up along the way.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 3:55pm On Apr 23
OkpaNsukkaisBae:
The Cable

Agba talent picker don knock engine

Dem supposed sack this nonsense Adelabu man. The fact that such clueless man get plans to rule a state as big as Oyo....I just dey pity them in advance
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by iamoyindamola(m): 3:56pm On Apr 23
OkpaNsukkaisBae:
The Cable

Agba talent picker don knock engine
This useless man is surely out for blood and he will get it soon
His comments are as annoying as his ugly face
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by iamoyindamola(m): 3:58pm On Apr 23
BlueRayDick:

fuke ! grin

LAUTECH was never the best state university in Nigeria at any point in time.
🤣🤣
Maybe na lautech him go
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by iamoyindamola(m): 3:58pm On Apr 23
enigma0:

Bro talk true na the school you go 😂
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by iamoyindamola(m): 3:59pm On Apr 23
BlueRayDick:

Dem supposed sack this nonsense Adelabu man. The fact that such clueless man get plans to rule a state as big as Oyo....I just dey pity them in advance
This government just take 2 steps forward 9 steps backwards
assholes like this shouldn't even be close to power
Very stupid clueless individual
Oh he wan govern oyo🤣🤣
Raumdeuter will you allow this to happen
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 4:12pm On Apr 23
iamoyindamola:

🤣🤣
Maybe na lautech him go

grin grin

U sef u no try, u just reason person school less less like that
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 4:13pm On Apr 23
iamoyindamola:

Oh he wan govern oyo🤣🤣
Raumdeuter will you allow this to happen

He's Raumdeuter's candidate na
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by OkpaNsukkaisBae(m): 4:16pm On Apr 23
iamoyindamola:

This useless man is surely out for blood and he will get it soon
His comments are as annoying as his ugly face

If the crisis in power sector defies all solution then he should resign make another person try.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by raumdeuter: 4:29pm On Apr 23
iamoyindamola:

Oh he wan govern oyo🤣🤣
Ramdeuter will you allow this to happen
BlueRayDick:
He's Ramdeuter's candidate na

He was my candidate and still my preferred for the position

Besides the sensational headlines what exactly in the meat of what he said is wrong

This is the full speech

https://www.nairaland.com/8070546/adelabu-power-sector-crisis-defied
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by WhoDeyHause: 4:32pm On Apr 23
raumdeuter:

He is my candidate and still my preferred for the position

Besides the sensational headlines what exactly in the meat of what he said is wrong
He should resign and let another person try his or her own ideas.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 4:36pm On Apr 23
raumdeuter:

He is my candidate and still my preferred for the position

This is the full speech

https://www.nairaland.com/8070546/adelabu-power-sector-crisis-defied

So he was appointed by Tinubu to be telling us predecessors failed and he is most likely to fail as well?

Make dem sack am abeg. He should let somebody else take the seat

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by raumdeuter: 4:37pm On Apr 23
WhoDeyHause:

He should resign and let another person try his or her own ideas.

BlueRayDick:

So he was appointed by Tinubu to be telling us predecessors failed and he is most likely to fail as well?

Make dem sack am abeg.

Did you read what was said or just the sensational headline?
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by raumdeuter: 4:38pm On Apr 23
Adebayo Adelabu, minister of power, has described the power sector crisis as “historical”, stressing it has defied all solutions.

Adelabu spoke in Abuja on April 22 during a visit from the senate committee on power.

The national electricity grid has suffered a total system collapse thrice in 2024, with the first being on February 4.

The country suffered another nationwide blackout on March 28, while the third collapse was experienced on April 15.

Adelabu blamed issues in the industry on uncompleted projects, urging the committee to approve funds for the completion of over 120 projects that litter across the country.

To boost electricity, he said there are plans to increase power generation from 4000 megawatts (MW) to 6000MW by the end of 2024.

The minister said the federal government plans to achieve this milestone using the hydro and solar plants to increase the supply of electricity to households and businesses.

“The infrastructure are lying there, without adequate maintenance, the turbines are getting rust,” Adelabu said.

”With proper investment put in place, we can generate 6000 megawatts before the end of 2024.”

‘NIGERIA’S POWER SECTOR NEEDS GAS’

[b]Adelabu said gas suppliers have refused to supply more gas because of the debt the federal government owes.
He told the committee the federal government owes the generation companies over N1.3 trillion and also owes the gas suppliers $1.3 billion.
The minister urged the committee to address the debt matter.
In her presentation, Nafisat Ali, executive director of Independent System Operator (ISO), said gas has become a major constraint in the industry, adding that DisCos were still rejecting load despite the power shortage in the country.
“Today there is no gas. We need gas,” Ali said.
“The DisCos don’t abide by allocation. That is the challenge.”
Addressing the debt issue, Eyinaya Abaribe, the committee chairman, said the panel would interface with the federal government to settle the gas debt.
“Every option for us is on the table. If the option is for us to interface with the federal government to do their part, because it is a debt, so they have to pay their debt, we will do so,” Abaribe said[/b].
He also said the committee will focus its oversight on the ministry and the Transmission Company of Nigeria (TCN) concerning the implementation of the World Bank project.

Furthermore, Abaribe said the committee has invited NERC and other stakeholders to answer some questions concerning the recently reviewed tariff on April 29.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 4:39pm On Apr 23
raumdeuter:

I read it. That's the summary of everything; his predecessors failed and he will fail using the same excuses they used.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by WhoDeyHause: 4:40pm On Apr 23
raumdeuter:

Yes I did and he needs to bounce since we're getting more excuses instead of showing workings.

2 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by WhoDeyHause: 4:41pm On Apr 23
raumdeuter:

Yes I did and it shows he needs to bounce since we're getting more excuses instead of showing workings.

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by raumdeuter: 4:41pm On Apr 23
BlueRayDick:

I read it. That's the summary of everything; his predecessors failed and he will fail using the same excuses they used.

No that was not what he said

He listed the problems they are facing in the industry, Many uncompleted projects

Gas producers refusing to supply gas because they have not been paid for the previous supplies which Abaribe urged FG to settle the debts
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by raumdeuter: 4:41pm On Apr 23
WhoDeyHause:

Yes I did and it shows he needs to bounce since we're getting more excuses instead of showing workings.

When gas producers are refusing to supply because of previous debts by FG, How can he show workings? Will he use his personal money to pay debt owed by FG
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by WhoDeyHause: 4:49pm On Apr 23
double post. angry
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by WhoDeyHause: 4:49pm On Apr 23
raumdeuter:

When gas producers are refusing to supply because of previous debts by FG, How can he show workings? Will he use his personal money to pay debt owed by FG
So it's also non supply of gas that made national grid to be collapsing like those who are falling under anointing? It's gas supply that made him propose the increase of Band A, Band B tariff with continuous low supply of power? Even if FG settles that gas debt can we confidently beat our chests that the power will automatically improve? When you put round pegs in square holes this sort of stuff like excuses and later defending of the excuses happen egbon.
He should resign and go and start preparing for his oyo governorship ambitions, we are tired of hearing stories all the time. This is not CBN, even Cardi B self is already showing workings.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by WhoDeyHause: 4:54pm On Apr 23
iamoyindamola:

Bro talk true na the school you go 😂
I don't agree with him that it is the best but lautech was actually good before based on academics and administration before the influx of all these vices. I have some of their alumni as my friends or members in other groups.

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 4:59pm On Apr 23
raumdeuter:

No that was not what he said

He listed the problems they are facing in the industry, Many uncompleted projects

Gas producers refusing to supply gas because they have not been paid for the previous supplies which Abaribe urged FG to settle the debts

Bros APC is an evil party whose stock in trade is to give excuses upon excuses while underperforming in governance. I will prove this by posting the position of Fashola the former minister of power on this same issue

FG not to blame for electricity crisis —Fashola (2018)

If you don’t have electricity, it is not the Federal Government’s problem, the Minister of Power, Works and Housing, Babatunde Fashola, has declared.

Fashola, who made the declaration while speaking at the Nextier Power Dialogue on Wednesday night in Abuja, told his listeners that there were problems in the power sector, but reminded them that it was not the Federal Government’s problem if citizens in the country do not have electricity, especially since the sector was privatised.

The minister also denied claims that he once said a serious government would fix power problems within six months.

He said, “There are problems without a doubt and we must deal with them. But let me remind you, all of the assets that he Ministry of Power used to control power were sold by the last administration before I came. And so if you don’t have power, it is not the government’s problem. Let us be honest.

“The people (sic) who are operating the power sector, generation and distribution are now privately owned companies. I am here because I am concerned. If your telephone is not working, it is not the minister of communication that you go to. Let us be very clear.”

The minister added, “So, for those of you who want to weaponise electricity, face the businessmen who have taken it up. Let us be honest. If your bank over-charges you interest, is it the Minister of Finance you go to? So, let’s be clear. This is now a private business by an Act of Parliament 2005.

“My role is regulatory, oversight and policy, but I have a problem which is the fact that I can’t see a problem and turn my back; so I’m getting involved. So the people you should be talking to about transformers is not me, the ministry doesn’t supply transformers anymore.”

The National Chairman of the PDP, Prince Uche Secondus, told one of our correspondents that majority of those serving in Buhari administration believed that they were wiser than other Nigerians.

He said, “Who then do we hold responsible if we don’t have light? Who has been bragging that power has allegedly improved? So, if power improves and there is light, they will want to take the glory.

“But now that everywhere is in darkness, we should direct our complaints elsewhere? What arrogance! They have never believed that this administration will end one day and that people will call on them to explain what they have done with the mandate given them.”

On his part, the CD President, Usman Abdul, said, “It is laughable and unfortunate that such statement came from a high-profile minister in this government. When this present administration came in, there were lots of issues bothering the Nigerian citizens which they promised they were going to take care of. Till now, the government has not been able solve the power problem.

“How then can they tackle the economy? How can they rebuild the economic base of citizens and ensure a rise in our Gross Domestic Product? These distribution companies were paid money by the Federal Government to stabilise and perform well, but where did the money go to?”

https://punchng.com/fg-not-to-blame-for-electricity-crisis-fashola/

Fashola claimed It is not FG's fault that we didn't enjoy stable electricity APC promised because it is the DISCOS, GENCOs and TCN that messed up.

Today Adelabu is telling us it is FG that has refused to fund power projects, gas suppliers refusing to supply gas due to accumulated debt,etc that is responsible for electricity blackout.

I don't need anybody to tell me Adelabu will keep bringing excuses for the next 7 years and we won't get stable electricity. He will just keep bringing more and more excuses from inside that his agbada

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by raumdeuter: 5:03pm On Apr 23
WhoDeyHause:

So it's also non supply of gas that made national grid to be collapsing like those who are falling under anointing? It's gas supply that made him propose the increase of Band A, Band B tariff with continuous low supply of power? Even if FG settles that gas debt can we confidently beat our chests that the power will automatically improve? When you put round pegs in square holes this sort of stuff like excuses and later defending of the excuses happen egbon.
He should resign and go and start preparing for his oyo governorship ambitions, we are tired of hearing stories all the time. This is not CBN, even Cardi B self is already showing workings.

What contributes to National grid? Is it not supply from Gas powered and hydro? So when On of the main supply is dry due to debt owed, why will it not collapse?

Band A and Band B is to prioritize high use areas and bill them accordingly

Let FG settle the debt first and gas supply resume before we we worry about chest beating

What is square peg in round hole? There are issues that have to be addressed that is why no one here in our lifetime can point to a time where Power was steady or stable. Is it that there have never been square holes and round pegs in our country for over 60yrs
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by raumdeuter: 5:06pm On Apr 23
BlueRayDick:
Bros APC is an evil party whose stock in trade is to give excuses upon excuses while underperforming in governance. I will prove this by posting the position of Fashola the former minister of power on this same issue

https://punchng.com/fg-not-to-blame-for-electricity-crisis-fashola/

Fashola claimed It is not FG's fault that we didn't enjoy stable electricity APC promised because it is the DISCOS, GENCOs and TCN that messed up.

Today Adelabu is telling us it is FG that has refused to fund power projects, gas suppliers refusing to supply gas due to accumulated debt,etc that is responsible for electricity blackout.

I don't need anybody to tell me Adelabu will keep bringing excuses for the next 7 years and we won't get stable electricity. He will just keep bringing more and more excuses from inside that his agbada

Adelabu claimed there are debts to Gas companies, Abaribe is confirming the same and urging FG to pay

If your summary is that APC is an evil party then no problem. I doubt anyone here does not know your views and opinion about APC as a party

The thing here that Adelabu raised is the issue, Are the gas companies supplying gas to power plants, if not, why is it true tht its a deb issue, if true how and when will it be resolved?
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by iamoyindamola(m): 5:19pm On Apr 23
BlueRayDick:

grin grin

U sef u no try, u just reason person school less less like that
I fear that school oo
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by iamoyindamola(m): 5:24pm On Apr 23
WhoDeyHause:

I don't agree with him that it is the best but lautech was actually good before based on academics and administration before the influx of all these vices. I have some of their alumni as my friends or members in other groups.
That school is majorly known for bad news
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 5:28pm On Apr 23
raumdeuter:

Adelabu claimed there are debts to Gas companies, Abaribe is confirming the same and urging FG to pay

If your summary is that APC is an evil party then no problem. I doubt anyone here does not know your views and opinion about APC as a party

The thing here that Adelabu raised is the issue, Are the gas companies supplying gas to power plants, if not, why is it true tht its a deb issue, if true how and when will it be resolved?

So Fashola dey carry us play when he asked us not to blame FG for epileptic power supply right?

Issokay, shebi FG has already promised to part of the debt to the gas companies this April; let's see the next excuse Adelabu will come up with if and when power supply does not improve
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by raumdeuter: 5:30pm On Apr 23
BlueRayDick:

So Fashola dey carry us play when he asked us not to blame FG for epileptic power supply right?

Issokay, shebi FG has already promised to part of the debt to the gas companies this April; let's see the next excuse Adelabu will come up with if and when power supply does not improve

Is it possible that the problem in 2018 is different from the one in 2024

(1) (2) (3) ... (4598) (4599) (4600) (4601) (4602) (4603) (4604) ... (4630) (Reply)

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 / Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion

Viewing this topic: 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.