Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,390 members, 7,836,566 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 09:57 AM

EPL Chatroom - All Discussions - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (4622) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / EPL Chatroom - All Discussions (1495300 Views)

EPL 2023/2024: Who Would You Say Is The Flop Of The Season? / EPL: Weekend's Results, Updated Premier League Table And Top Scorers / EPL: Five Things We Learnt From The English Premier League This Weekend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (4619) (4620) (4621) (4622) (4623) (4624) (4625) ... (4701) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Ibime(m): 12:48am On May 02
popizaino:

Was Buhari constructing new roads and building on an existing road?

We want them to repair our roads. That is what we are calling for not constructing new ones.

Coastal road may be cheaper long term and more practical. If you slant the road slightly, it drains into the sea, removing the need for constant maintenance caused by water damage on most of our federal roads.

Coastal road also directly connects most of our economically impactful states that are sea facing. Lagos, Ondo, Edo, Delta, Rivers, Bayelsa, AkwaIbom, Cross River. These are all states through which goods flow in and out from various ports

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by raumdeuter: 4:48am On May 02
TrebleChamp:
So Lagos/Calabar coastal road is more enomomically viable to Attan/Sango Ota road at this time? Or the Sagamu/Benin road? Or any of the existing major Federal Govt road in deplorable condition across the Country? Is borrowing and spending 15 trillion naira on 1 coastal road what Nigeria need at this time? I am sure you were one of those that said Ebonyi State International Airport built by Umahi was a white elephant project, cos it serves no major economic value to the State. Buhari borrowed Nigeria future away, yet Lagos/Calabar rail line was not completed in 8 years, and probably abandoned now for a 15 trillion naira coastal road.

We are talking about a road that connects 7 states you are talking about Sango Atan road that connects where to where?

Apples and oranges. How many people use airports in Nigeria vs How many people use roads.

An airport in Ebonyi state serves no use currently now How many airlines are flying from there's that what you want to compare to a road that connect Calabar to AkwaIbom, Rivers Delta Edo Ondo Ogun Lagos?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by raumdeuter: 4:50am On May 02
popizaino:

For someone like him that claims to be from Ogbomoso should be the last person supporting the decision of the FG to construct an entire new road when Ogbomoso-Oyo expressway is taking eternity to complete.

See thinking

Because Ogbomoso road is not completed, then other project in the entire country should stop?

Probably govt should stop paying salary to workers across the country until Ogbomoso people are paid.

What is the economic value of a road connecting Oyo to Ogbomoso within 1 state vs a road connecting 7 states and major ports?
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by raumdeuter: 4:52am On May 02
popizaino:

Was neither in that terrible condition that vehicle fell into water.

Was the bridge in best condition like you want all road to be before a new one can be built
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by TrebleChamp(m): 7:37am On May 02
raumdeuter:

We are talking about a road that connects 7 states you are talking about Sango Atan road that connects where to where?

Apples and oranges. How many people use airports in Nigeria vs How many people use roads.

An airport in Ebonyi state serves no use currently now How many airlines are flying from there's that what you want to compare to a road that connect Calabar to AkwaIbom, Rivers Delta Edo Ondo Ogun Lagos?
Yes spend 15 trillion on a coastal road that will not be completed by his Govt because country is broke, let him sha not ignore other existing roads while at it.

2 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by izzou(m): 7:55am On May 02
3 Body Problem!

Awesome!
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by liveLongNprospa(m): 7:55am On May 02
Ibime:

Coastal road may be cheaper long term and more practical. If you slant the road slightly, it drains into the sea, removing the need for constant maintenance caused by water damage on most of our federal roads.

Coastal road also directly connects most of our economically impactful states that are sea facing. Lagos, Ondo, Edo, Delta, Rivers, Bayelsa, AkwaIbom, Cross River. These are all states through which goods flow in and out from various ports

Explain how 15 trillion is cheaper long term when we already have roads that connect all these states and if fixed will make it even faster, while still having a particular road called the East-West road that needs to be fixed.

Benin to warri is a dead road last time I checked, how much and how long will it cost to fix such a road as against how long it will take and cost to construct a coastal road all the way from Lagos to calabar?

If you are talking about quality of road lasting, the road constructed from Ore to Benin has lasted since God knows how long and only now needs maintenance again.. Abi how much e go cost inside that 15 trillion to take maintain am?

12 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by liveLongNprospa(m): 7:58am On May 02
It's like those of you that live outside this country and support apc seem to have reality upside down.

Then you have the other one that has to add some form of ethnic coloration to every single thing.

Because we nor dey reason like zombie he will soon call us "southern but" just like he calls Yoruba's that support an Igbo man "yoruba but"

8 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by swiz123(m): 8:22am On May 02
liveLongNprospa:

Explain how 15 trillion is cheaper long term when we already have roads that connect all these states and if fixed will make it even faster, while still having a particular road called the East-West road that needs to be fixed.

Benin to warri is a dead road last time I checked, how much and how long will it cost to fix such a road as against how long it will take and cost to construct a coastal road all the way from Lagos to calabar?

If you are talking about quality of road lasting, the road constructed from Ore to Benin has lasted since God knows how long and only now needs maintenance again.. Abi how much e go cost inside that 15 trillion to take maintain am?

This coastal highway could be the most reckless project embarked by a broke country. A broke man maintains what he has instead of abandoning them for a new one.

Imagine what that money could do to the existing federal roads in Nigeria and that comes with the advantage of cost spread over a good number of years.

Don't mind Ibime; he is a fake accountant with little knowledge of cost management.

11 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Ibime(m): 8:28am On May 02
liveLongNprospa:

I don't know the cost TBH, I've been too busy

I thought they said it's N1 trln and would be a toll road
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by liveLongNprospa(m): 8:30am On May 02
Ibime:

I don't know the cost TBH, I've been too busy

I thought they said it's N1 trln and would be a toll road
It's a total of 15trillion my oga.
15 trillion naira😂😂

The 700 km Lagos-Calabar coastal road will be constructed for N15 trillion, and a kilometre of the road will cost N4 billion. It is designed to connect Lagos to Cross River, passing through Ogun, Ondo, Delta, Bayelsa, Rivers, and Akwa Ibom states, before culminating in Cross River.

2 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by liveLongNprospa(m): 8:35am On May 02
swiz123:

This coastal highway could be the most reckless project embarked by a broke country. A broke man maintains what he has instead of abandoning them for a new one.

Imagine what that money could do to the existing federal roads in Nigeria and that comes with the advantage of cost spread over a good number of years.

Don't mind Ibime; he is a fake accountant with little knowledge of cost management.

If this country throws just 1 trillion into the existing roads in the southern part that need fixing, do you know how much repairs will be done.
Let us even add usual kickbacks.
The roads from Edo to kogi alone will solve alot of issues if fully fixed.
I don't even know if they have fixed the roads from rivers to cross rivers because I remember there used to be issues as at 2021. Do you know how many trucks ply those roads to deliver cement?

8 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by izzou(m): 8:57am On May 02
Please i want to ask an honest question. Forgive its foolishness.

What exactly with the rising number of seaports have in this country?

Lagos get three
Ondo wan get
Delta wan get
Rivers get
Akwa-Ibom, Cross river , blah blah blah

And Nigeria virtually exports next to nothing. I read sometime ago that vessels leave Nigeria almost empty. Just thousands of empty containers.

So what exactly will happen when everyone has seaport? Na to hustle importation numbers abi na another thing?

7 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by swiz123(m): 9:09am On May 02
liveLongNprospa:

If this country throws just 1 trillion into the existing roads in the southern part that need fixing, do you know how much repairs will be done.
Let us even add usual kickbacks.
The roads from Edo to kogi alone will solve alot of issues if fully fixed.
I don't even know if they have fixed the roads from rivers to cross rivers because I remember there used to be issues as at 2021. Do you know how many trucks ply those roads to deliver cement?

They are copying developed economies with money to throw around. I am especially ashamed of Dave Umahi; how can he look at all the death traps we have as roads and conclude a stupid coastal highway will be the solution.

We have trucks sleeping on the road for days which in turn causes inflation and these animals refused to fix those roads only to pull out 15 trillion from God knows where to loot in disguise of constructing a luxury highway.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by OasisX: 9:11am On May 02
grin

.......reading mode activated now. LOL!
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by popizaino(m): 9:16am On May 02
Ibime:

The mangroves swamps in your state makes this coastal road almost an impossibility, but that's not the point.

I'm not against the construction of a coastal road, but i think they should do it at a time when there are less suffering on other major FG roads. The Benin -Auchi road is almost unpassable because of how terrible it is. In Osun we have to go through Ekiti before going to Abuja due to bad FG roads in Kogi.

4 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by liveLongNprospa(m): 9:17am On May 02
izzou:

Lagos get three
Ondo wan get
Delta wan get
Rivers get

And Nigeria virtually exports next to nothing. I read sometime ago that vessels leave Nigeria almost empty. Just thousands of empty containers.

So what exactly will happen when everyone has seaport? Na to hustle importation numbers abi na another thing?

You know this talk about redirecting business from Lagos because the apapa port is what brings alot of business dealings.

Exactly that's why.
Which I can understand but what I don't fully get is why shipping companies prefer apapa.
Even the newly constructed lekki port is still not as active as expected from industry gist.

So yes to mainly take business away from Lagos.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by OkpaNsukkaisBae(m): 9:41am On May 02
swiz123:

I am especially ashamed of Dave Umahi; how can he look at all the death traps we have as roads and conclude a stupid coastal highway will be the solution.

Umahi is just taking orders to deliver project. Just Like Amechi was told to do a rail line project from Kano to Maradi.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by izzou(m): 9:47am On May 02
liveLongNprospa:

You know this talk about redirecting business from Lagos because the apapa port is what brings alot of business dealings.

Exactly that's why.
Which I can understand but what I don't fully get is why shipping companies prefer apapa.
Even the newly constructed lekki port is still not as active as expected from industry gist.

So yes to mainly take business away from Lagos.

We once had that arguement here in 2022, and i said that almost no shipping line will want to do anything with another port apart from Apapa. The reason is because our waters are not safe.

Well, i was shut up by the Defensive midfielders of Buhari, on how our waters are the safest in Africa.

But that's beside the point.

If the country is import dependent, is the reason for the port to drag shipping lines with Lagos?

Will any shipping line have enough cargo from California to Ondo? Or when it berths in Lagos, dem go use badges begin carry am?
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by popizaino(m): 9:49am On May 02
raumdeuter:

See thinking

Because Ogbomoso road is not completed, then other project in the entire country should stop?

Probably govt should stop paying salary to workers across the country until Ogbomoso people are paid.

What is the economic value of a road connecting Oyo to Ogbomoso within 1 state vs a road connecting 7 states and major ports?

Since you don't know,i will be patient to enlighten you.

The Oyo to Ogbomoso road is very critical to the economic of Nigeria. That you even asked shows how far you are from the reality of everyday nigerian. It is the road that connect the entire food producing North East like Kebbi,sokoto, and North central to the southwest all the way to lagos port. If groundnut pyramid still exit in Kano,be rest assured that it will pass through this route before landing in lagos for export.

The oyo - Ogbomoso axis is were trailers,tankers,containers get stucked for days because it is bad and a single lane.. They are yet to connect both towns together to the express. It has been this way since the days of OBJ. A reasonable person will ask when they are finishing this road before championing an entire new road especially someone from there.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by izzou(m): 9:52am On May 02
popizaino:

Since you don't know,i will be patient to enlighten you.

The Oyo to Ogbomoso road is very critical to the economic of Nigeria. That you even asked shows how far you are from the reality of everyday nigerian. It is the road that connect the entire food producing North East like Kebbi,sokoto, and North central to the southwest all the way to lagos port. If groundnut pyramid still exit in Kano,be rest assured that it will pass through this route before landing in lagos for export.

The oyo - Ogbomoso axis is were trailers,tankers,containers get stucked for days because it is bad and a single lane.. They are yet to connect both towns together to the express. It has been this way since the days of OBJ. A reasonable person will ask when they are finishing this road before championing an entire new road especially someone from there.

Apart from being bad, it is very narrow.

If you cannot calculate well, when trying to overtake, na hell fire or heaven you go end up.

So many roads are like that.

In most of the numerous Akoko in Ondo, you'll see federal roads looking like streets.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by TemporaryHansel: 10:37am On May 02
izzou:

Lagos get three
Ondo wan get
Delta wan get
Rivers get

Delta has a seaport.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by afrodoc2: 10:39am On May 02
izzou:

If you cannot calculate well, when trying to overtake, na hell fire or heaven you go end up.

In most of the numerous Akoko in Ondo, you'll see federal roads looking like streets.

For that side if you dey inside luxurious bus you fit shake the hand of someone sitting inside the sitting room. cheesy
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by izzou(m): 10:43am On May 02
afrodoc2:
[/b]

For that side if you dey inside luxurious bus you fit shake the hand of someone sitting inside the sitting room. cheesy

cheesy cheesy cheesy

You are not nice.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by izzou(m): 10:44am On May 02
TemporaryHansel:

Delta has a seaport.

Okay. My bad.

So what exactly is happening there? Apart from something related to oil, wetin dey happen there?
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by popizaino(m): 10:49am On May 02
izzou:

Ever since i saw thread of bad FG roads on twitter sometimes ago,i stopped complaining of the ones in my state again. But na coastal roads be our priority.

5 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by OasisX: 10:55am On May 02
afrodoc2:
[/b]

cheesy cheesy

......nearly journeyed to heaven on that Road. LOL!
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Unlimited22: 11:11am On May 02
Benin to Lokoja. The stretch From Irrua to Ekpoma to Auchi.

The section from Benin to Uromi.

Kaduna-Abuja.

Port Harcourt to Uyo (from Eleme to Bori, before you get to Ikot Abasi)

Uyo to Calabar.
Enugu to Makurdi (particularly the stretch From Nsukka to Oturkpo)

Ogoja to Jalingo (particularly the side from after Katsina-Ala to Zaki Biam)

At least these are the ones I know.

But we're spending 1 trillion on a project that God alone knows when it will be completed.

Ebonyi state left all the schools in rural areas to go and build airport that the runway is defective after 6 months and nobody is landing in.

Ka Chineke mezie okwu.

5 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by GloriousGbola: 11:16am On May 02
izzou:

i dont know what the rationale for the coastal road is - but in the current climate, if FG was to expand roads in ogbomosho we would see the same brigade calling the government wicked and callous destroying peoples ancestral home or something like that

but keep in mind that construction projects generate business and boost economy

a lot of subcontractors will be hired to provide different services

any mamaput within the axis will make money from selling to workers

izzou, better get people who sell solar floodlight on the phone - because they will def install solar floodlights on the road

depending on where you source it is between 200 to 400k for a single unit.

all the cement geng may hammer on the project as well .

add ironbender guild join.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by OasisX: 11:20am On May 02
grin

......for clarity sake, the coastal road project is being built on EPC + F model.. Engineering, Procurement, Construction + Finance model. Government counter-fund is 30% while the Contractor [Hightech] is responsible for 70%.

After completion, it will be tolled, hence not a must for every motorist to go through it to their respective destinations.

FG ain't gonna fund it 100%, hence ain't paying ₦15T fot the project, rather ₦4.5T for 700km of Road across coastal line.

For more clarification;

https://leadership.ng/critics-of-lagos-calabar-highway-project-funding-plan-are-ignorant-umahi/#:~:text=Umahi%20who%20spoke%20through%20his,being%20done%20under%20EPC%20%2BF.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (4619) (4620) (4621) (4622) (4623) (4624) (4625) ... (4701) (Reply)

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 / Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.