Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,332 members, 7,836,400 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 07:10 AM

EPL Chatroom - All Discussions - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (4620) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / EPL Chatroom - All Discussions (1494902 Views)

EPL 2023/2024: Who Would You Say Is The Flop Of The Season? / EPL: Weekend's Results, Updated Premier League Table And Top Scorers / EPL: Five Things We Learnt From The English Premier League This Weekend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (4617) (4618) (4619) (4620) (4621) (4622) (4623) ... (4701) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by raumdeuter: 9:04pm On May 01
izzou:

Maybe if the Northerners were critical enough to ask Buhari to invest that Niger Republic road money into their education or agriculture, they will be better off today.

1 trillion will fix every Federal road from the SW to the SS and back. Why waste it on one road?

Lagos to Calabar - 800km
Lagos to Calabar (Coastal) - 700km

So just to save us 1 hour of driving, we spend 1 trillion?

So you have to back up your claims and show how 1 trillion will fix all the roads in Nigeria.

The Agriculture in the North still feeds most of the country till today and they have roads to transport it to the market
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by raumdeuter: 9:04pm On May 01
izzou:

Are you aware that we are not riding horses, paddling canoes or jumping trees to move from Lagos to Calabar?

when they did Lagos-Ibadan rail, 2nd Niger bridge and 3rd mainland bridge people were not jumping trees to Ibadan nor swimming across the river too. Should they not have done those projects

Or what is the point?
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by izzou(m): 9:06pm On May 01
raumdeuter:

when they did Lagos-Ibadan rail, 2nd Niger bridge and 3rd mainland bridge people were not jumping trees to Ibadan nor swimming across the river too

So what is the point?

Well, the old Niger bridge is still much more busier and of more economic impact than the 2nd One.

You can ask around.

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by raumdeuter: 9:07pm On May 01
izzou:

Well, the old Niger bridge is still much more busier and of more economic impact than the 2nd One.

You can ask around.

Are people taking the 2nd bridge ? If they are not then I will admit its of no use then so they can blow it up

Why did successive govt promise to build 2nd Niger bridge until it was finally built if it had no economic importance
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by izzou(m): 9:07pm On May 01
raumdeuter:

So you have to back up your claims and show how 1 trillion will fix all the roads in Nigeria.

The Agriculture in the North still feeds most of the country till today and they have roads to transport it to the market

I didn't say all the roads in Nigeria.

And yes, it is foolish economically to spend 1 trillion on a road, just for a 100km difference.

3 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by raumdeuter: 9:09pm On May 01
izzou:

I didn't say all the roads in Nigeria.

And yes, it is foolish economically to spend 1 trillion on a road, just for a 100km difference.

How much was spent on 3rd mainland bridge and how many km difference did it make

Do you think 3rd mainland bridge was also an economically foolish project
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by popizaino(m): 9:10pm On May 01
raumdeuter:

Where I live, they dont fix all the roads before deciding to make new ones.

Building new roads open up new places

Like I said they didnt make Carter bridge perfect before constructing 3rd mainland bridge and we can see the effect on the opening up of the Island from a Maroko slum to one of the most desired real estates in Africa
That is what vision does

What a nice vision.

When the lagos - ibadan expressway needed repairs,why didn't you suggest that they should abandon it and build an entire new one that would pass through Ode- Remo,Shagamu, since it's about opening up new places and vision.

By the way,miss me with where you live because when we start asking for the standard of where you live, that is when you start telling us Nigeria is broke and others excuses to defend this administration.

2 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by izzou(m): 9:10pm On May 01
raumdeuter:

Are people taking the 2nd bridge ? If they are not then I will admit its of no use then so they can blow it up

The Old Niger bridge connects Onitsha, Owerri, Aba, PH, Uyo blah blah blah

The new one connects Enugu, Ebonyi, Benue.

Or do you think everybody started passing the new one because it is new?

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by raumdeuter: 9:10pm On May 01
Less than 1yr ago the same people complaining there was no coastal road, will be complaining when a coastal road is being constructed

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by raumdeuter: 9:11pm On May 01
izzou:

The Old Niger bridge connects Onitsha, Owerri, Aba, PH, Uyo blah blah blah

The new one connects Enugu, Ebonyi, Benue.

Or do you think everybody started passing the new one because it is new?

where does the 1st Niger bridge start and end?
Where did the 2nd Niger bridge start and end?

How many km was saved?
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by popizaino(m): 9:11pm On May 01
raumdeuter:

That is because its Southerners who are more critical of road that will help them more

Northern opposition to Buhari, how many of them do you see criticizing the Abuja Kaduna road?

What is exactly the point of the criticism? Or we just critiize for the sake of it?

Did Buhari construct an entire New Road from Abuja to Kaduna or simply repaired the existing one?

4 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by izzou(m): 9:12pm On May 01
raumdeuter:

How much was spent on 3rd mainland bridge and how many km difference did it make

Do you think 3rd mainland bridge was also an economically foolish project

How much was in our coffers when we built 3rd mainland bridge?

Start from there first

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by izzou(m): 9:14pm On May 01
raumdeuter:

where does the 1st Niger bridge start and end?
Where did the 2nd Niger bridge start and end?

How many km was saved?

You are the one that brought this example here. Stop turning me around.

Because it is new does not automatically mean it will bring much economic growth, and that is what I have just shown you.

If you put a toll on both bridges, the old one will be profitable

2 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by TrebleChamp(m): 9:18pm On May 01
raumdeuter:

Is there a coast in Kaduna for Buhari to build coastal road? Abi he will fill water in a bucket and call it coastal road?

Did IBB complete or fix Carter bridge before building 3rd mainland? Are all roads in the North in perfect condition before they build Abuja Kaduna road?

Was 1st Niger Bridge in perfect condition before they built 2nd Niger bridge?
Why did Tinubu and Co not deliver 4th mainland bridge since 2002? Why is Badagry to Mile 2 road taking forever to complete (13 years and counting). Nigeria is broke according to you, but Tinubu's Govt have 1 trillion naira to spend on 1 road. A project they will surely not complete in 8 years or even abandon after collecting their share from the deal.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by TrebleChamp(m): 9:27pm On May 01
raumdeuter:

Tinubu has been president since 2002? The Blue line they promised is running currently all over Lagos. People who dey enter am will tell you
Tinubu used 4th mainland bridge to campaign in 2002. It has been used by Tinubu and his candidate to campaign at every election ever since. Blue line is suppose to run from Okokomaiko to marina, but runs from mile 2 to marina for now. Again why is it taking so long to complete that road and rail line? Nigeria is broke according to you, Tinubu should be using the 1 trillion Naira plus to fix existing major roads that need urgent repairs.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by popizaino(m): 9:30pm On May 01
raumdeuter:

Govt at everytime will repair old roads and construct new ones hand in hand

So you want them to stop all construction until all current roads are in perfect condition? That is unreasonable

When they finish it dont take it

How do you justify that a government is planning on constructing a new road when it still has this type of roads as a major road in the country. This is just Niger state. This is like the major road connecting the North and south west together.

Imagine you driving in this for 42km right in front government research institute?

3 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Amigoss: 9:36pm On May 01
popizaino:

How do you justify that a government is planning on constructing a new road when it still has this type of roads as a major road in the country. This is just Niger state. This is like the major road connecting the North and south west together.

Imagine you driving in this for 42km right in front government research institute?

Wow but na this still worse pass for federal roads

https:///yabaleftonline/status/1785750416585543855

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by popizaino(m): 9:40pm On May 01
raumdeuter:

The main purpose of cutting subsidy is to invest the savings in Infrastructures, The infrastructure is being built, yet a section of the people are still complaining.
If 1trillion Naira is too much, how much makes sense to build a coastal road? How much was used to construct a similar coastal road in other countries

The importance of what the road will do to those states it covers makes economic sense to me. That was the same way 3rd Mainland did not make economic sense, Ikoyi link bridge does not make economic sense, 2nd Nigeria bridge did not make economic sense, Loko-Iweto bridge does not make sense until it does

If your children are complaining of leaking roof in your house in lagos,the only way to appease them is for you to go to ibadan and build a new house for them and term it saving?

4 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by raumdeuter: 9:41pm On May 01
TrebleChamp:
Tinubu used 4th mainland bridge to campaign in 2002. It has been used by Tinubu and his candidate to campaign at every election ever since. Blue line is suppose to run from Okokomaiko to marina, but runs from mile 2 to marina for now. Again why is it taking so long to complete that road and rail line? Nigeria is broke according to you, Tinubu should be using the 1 trillion Naira plus to fix existing major roads that need urgent repairs.

Na same way people like you say blue line will never see the light of day

Today thousands of people are being transported daily
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by raumdeuter: 9:42pm On May 01
popizaino:

If your children are complaining of leaking roof in your house in lagos,the only way to appease them is for you to go to ibadan and build a new house for them and term it saving?

When they built 3rd mainland was Carter bridge in perfect condition

Have you refused to use 3rd mainland bridge since it was a waste of money
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by raumdeuter: 9:43pm On May 01
TrebleChamp:
Why did Tinubu and Co not deliver 4th mainland bridge since 2002? Why is Badagry to Mile 2 road taking forever to complete (13 years and counting). Nigeria is broke according to you, but Tinubu's Govt have 1 trillion naira to spend on 1 road. A project they will surely not complete in 8 years or even abandon after collecting their share from the deal.

Same way they abandoned Ikoyi link bridge and blue line
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by raumdeuter: 9:44pm On May 01
izzou:

You are the one that brought this example here. Stop turning me around.

Because it is new does not automatically mean it will bring much economic growth, and that is what I have just shown you.

If you put a toll on both bridges, the old one will be profitable

The people plying the new bridge daily will tell the economic benefit
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by popizaino(m): 9:49pm On May 01
Amigoss:

Wow but na this still worse pass for federal roads

https:///yabaleftonline/status/1785750416585543855

Didn't open.

But i know Benin down to Ekpoma to Irua was used to be very terrible down to Auchi. Then roads around Akoko edo,ibilo-town down to Okene were also very terrible. All FG. But na coastal road be our priority.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by popizaino(m): 9:54pm On May 01
raumdeuter:

When they built 3rd mainland was Carter bridge in perfect condition

Have you refused to use 3rd mainland bridge since it was a waste of money

Did the people who ply the Lagos - calabar route ask for new road? Why fix when it's not broken.

The 3rd mainland bridge was constructed to reduce the traffic on the Carter bridge. Where is the traffic on calabar-lagos way that warrant constructing an entire new road?
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by izzou(m): 9:55pm On May 01
popizaino:

Didn't open.

But i know Benin down to Ekpoma to Irua was used to be very terrible down to Auchi. Then roads around Akoko edo,ibilo-town down to Okene were also very terrible. All FG. But na coastal road be our priority.

Still terrible as at March 2024, when i passed it
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Amigoss: 9:56pm On May 01
popizaino:

Didn't open.

Yeah it is that road,you are so right....very very terrible road and successive state govt have always overlooked it...
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by raumdeuter: 10:02pm On May 01
popizaino:

Did the people who ply the Lagos - calabar route ask for new road? Why fix when it's not broken.

The 3rd mainland bridge was constructed to reduce the traffic on the Carter bridge. Where is the traffic on calabar-lagos way that warrant constructing an entire new road?

Read the below
https://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2020/10/12/six-decades-after-its-uhuru-for-nigerian-coastal-road
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by popizaino(m): 10:04pm On May 01
raumdeuter:
Less than 1yr ago the same people complaining there was no coastal road, will be complaining when a coastal road is being constructed

This is a very bad defence.

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by TrebleChamp(m): 10:11pm On May 01
raumdeuter:

Na same way people like you say blue line will never see the light of day

Today thousands of people are being transported daily
And has it been completed to fully see the light of day? 13years and counting ooh. I fully support expanding Badagry/Mile 2 road cos of the economic value it offers me, and the major reason i voted for Sanwo-Olu last year. Why didn't Lagos State Govt build a new road by the river from Badagry to Marina? You don't live in Nigeria, but you argue like you know better than people who live here and use the roads. You want to justify spending 1 trillion naira on 1 road project that won't be completed during Tinubu 8 year tenure, when we have so many existing major roads begging for repairs, more so when the country is broke according to you.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by raumdeuter: 10:18pm On May 01
popizaino:

This is a very bad defence.

I asked you if the Carter bridge was perfect before they constructed 3rd mainland
Was 1st Niger bridge perfect before they constructed 2nd Niger bridge

You have not responded
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by raumdeuter: 10:19pm On May 01
TrebleChamp:
And has it been completed to fully see the light of day? 13years and counting ooh. I fully support expanding Badagry/Mile 2 road cos of the economic value it offers me, and the major reason i voted for Sanwo-Olu last year. Why didn't Lagos State Govt build a new road by the river from Badagry to Marina? You don't live in Nigeria, but you argue like you know better than people who live here and use the roads. You want to justify spending 1 trillion naira on 1 road project that won't be completed during Tinubu 8 year tenure, when we have so many existing major roads begging for repairs, more so when the country is broke according to you.

Its the same naysayers who swore that the railway will never work

Now shame no gree them again, Now na coastal road
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by popizaino(m): 10:22pm On May 01
raumdeuter:

Read the below
https://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2020/10/12/six-decades-after-its-uhuru-for-nigerian-coastal-road

Imagine a road that was conceptualised over 65 years ago just taking off now that Nigeria is broke according to you......Don't you see the irony?

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (4617) (4618) (4619) (4620) (4621) (4622) (4623) ... (4701) (Reply)

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 / Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion

Viewing this topic: RevFrEbuka(m) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.