Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,171 members, 7,849,616 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 06:08 AM

EPL Chatroom - All Discussions - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (4676) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / EPL Chatroom - All Discussions (1532469 Views)

EPL 2023/2024: Who Would You Say Is The Flop Of The Season? / EPL: Weekend's Results, Updated Premier League Table And Top Scorers / EPL: Five Things We Learnt From The English Premier League This Weekend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (4673) (4674) (4675) (4676) (4677) (4678) (4679) ... (4772) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Itsrm(m): 12:57pm On May 15
BlueRayDick:

Itsrm no care whether the rat chop all the garri finish grin

His own be say make the rat win the war

The rat was chopping garri and had things to show for it.

This one is chopping, has a very loud mouth and very little to show.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by iamoyindamola(m): 12:58pm On May 15
Itsrm:

If you must have a loud mouth like your oga, at least, have something to show for it. He has been giving the rat otapiapia since October last year and has only started and completed one project after one year in office.

Also good to know that none of us is truly bothered about governance in Rivers State. We just want Wike to "suffer" cheesy
So wike interference will bring good governance
They play
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by raumdeuter: 12:58pm On May 15
See the map of the area and how the canal was sandfilled to build houses

When these are demolished we will start hearing the usual noise

https://www.nairaland.com/8092733/lagos-state-serves-notice-properties#129962356
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Itsrm(m): 1:00pm On May 15
BlueRayDick:
Itsrm dem say Wike no pay complete for the road projects he commissioned under his tenure.

How come?

It was clearly stated in the letter the money was for retention. It's standard practice in road construction to ensure the contractor adheres to required standard.

What they should have shown us is the contract document showing the money was due to be paid before Wike left and he didn't pay.

Simple as ABC

2 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 1:01pm On May 15
Itsrm:

The rat was chopping garri and had things to show for it.

This one is chopping, has a very loud mouth and very little to show.

U mean it was within first one year Wike achieved everything he achieved? Wonderful!
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Itsrm(m): 1:03pm On May 15
iamoyindamola:

So wike interference will bring good governance
They play

He has stopped interfering since October last year.

Since then, we have been enjoying the effect good governance everywhere in Rivers State. When are you coming to enjoy with us?
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Ballzproblem2: 1:06pm On May 15
https://www.nairaland.com/8092879/efcc-raids-speculators-naira-drops

this government like chasing shadows grin,what happened to the "sell your dollars now" campaign.

3 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 1:07pm On May 15
raumdeuter:
See the map of the area and how the canal was sandfilled to build houses

When these are demolished we will start hearing the usual noise

https://www.nairaland.com/8092733/lagos-state-serves-notice-properties#129962356

I support the government to demolish those properties cos they constitute environmental hazard.

I also think government agencies should be more proactive going forward; like they shouldn't wait for some of these properties to be put up before taking action. If possible, going forward they should actually prosecute anybody caught in the act sandfilling some of these canals.

I think that will save a lot of unsuspecting innocent people from buying those land and properties years after.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Itsrm(m): 1:09pm On May 15
BlueRayDick:

U mean it was within first one year Wike achieved everything he achieved? Wonderful!

You mean he had one project to his name after one year? Wonderful!
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by iamoyindamola(m): 1:11pm On May 15
BlueRayDick:

I support the government to demolish those properties cos they constitute environmental hazard.

I also think government agencies should be more proactive going forward; like they shouldn't wait for some of these properties to be put up before taking action. If possible, going forward they should actually prosecute anybody caught in the act sandfilling some of these canals.

I think that will save a lot of unsuspecting innocent people from buying those land and properties years after.
Sanwoolu need to demolish 90% of ikeja and design a better blueprint
Ikeja should be competing with Island but if rain start that place is terrible to come
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 1:13pm On May 15
Itsrm:

It was clearly stated in the letter the money was for retention. It's standard practice in road construction to ensure the contractor adheres to required standard.

What they should have shown us is the contract document showing the money was due to be paid before Wike left and he didn't pay.

Simple as ABC

U this man ! grin

So u actually believe that for roads completed in 2016 and 2017 the outstanding funds held for retention would not have been due for over 6 and 7years respectively?

Okay let us agree they were not due as at then but provisions were made for them by the administration, where are the provisions now? If there are provisions will Fubara be complaining ?
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by GloriousGbola: 1:14pm On May 15
BlueRayDick:
Itsrm dem say Wike no pay complete for the road projects he commissioned under his tenure.

How come?

As accountant General no way Fubara was not in the know about these figures.

The other thing is even businesses for one reason or another have delays in paying contractors. It is much worse in govt run orgs.

We were invited to do a design for a CNG Autogas project. We have done most of it. Three weeks later one story or another about payment.

Last year a payment we expected in November did not come until February.

Getting your money out of some clients is a delicate dance. In my day I have seen vendors come to the office, make a scene, get their money and get blacklisted.

I have been on projects where there were variations and we had to push for 6 months for the vendor to be paid. Sometimes the vendor has assumed his money has entered bush and then he gets paid. Happened to me as well with a client who owed for like 9 months.. I had written it off the boom out of the blue I was paid
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 1:17pm On May 15
Itsrm:

You mean he had one project to his name after one year? Wonderful!

I am not an expert on Rivers state matters, na why I wan learn from u. The flyer u shared the other day showed more than one project commissioned by Fubara na
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by iamoyindamola(m): 1:20pm On May 15
Itsrm:

He has stopped interfering since October last year.

Since then, we have been enjoying the effect good governance everywhere in Rivers State. When are you coming to enjoy with us?
We are saying the same thing, will his interference bring good government
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Itsrm(m): 1:23pm On May 15
BlueRayDick:

U this man ! grin

So u actually believe that for roads completed in 2016 and 2017 the outstanding funds held for retention would not have been due for over 6 and 7years respectively?

Okay let us agree they were not due as at then but provisions were made for them by the administration, where are the provisions now? If there are provisions will Fubara be complaining ?

So how do you know provision was not made? Who says Fubara is not the one blocking the payment to frustrate the contractors who would have been associates of Wike.

This is a man who has a well documented history of saying something in public and does another in private.

As they say, when politicians fight, the truth suffers.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 1:23pm On May 15
GloriousGbola:

As accountant General no way Fubara was not in the know about these figures.

The other thing is even businesses for one reason or another have delays in paying contractors. It is much worse in govt run orgs.

We were invited to do a design for a CNG Autogas project. We have done most of it. Three weeks later one story or another about payment.

Last year a payment we expected in November did not come until February.

Getting your money out of some clients is a delicate dance. In my day I have seen vendors come to the office, make a scene, get their money and get blacklisted.

I have been on projects where there were variations and we had to push for 6 months for the vendor to be paid. Sometimes the vendor has assumed his money has entered bush and then he gets paid. Happened to me as well with a client who owed for like 9 months.. I had written it off the boom out of the blue I was paid

Well, I expect Wike to come out with a logical explanation to why the payments are still outstanding, and more importantly state that provisions were made ahead of time for the payment from those particular financial years.

Yes businesses may delay in paying contractors but they always plan towards repayment na.

If the information online is correct, Fubara did not become Wike's Accountant General until 2020. Remember these are outstandings from 2016 and 2017 o
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 1:26pm On May 15
Itsrm:

So how do you know provision was not made? Who says Fubara is not the one blocking the payment to frustrate the contractors who would have been associates of Wike.

This is a man who has a well documented history of saying something in public and does another in private.

As they say, when politicians fight, the truth suffers.

Well, for a fact I don't know if provisions were made or not. I'm sure u also don't know, but u are willing to believe it was made grin

I guess Wike himself needs to speak to the matter , this ur speculations of Fubara sitting on the supposed provision will not fly for now.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Itsrm(m): 1:26pm On May 15
BlueRayDick:

I am not an expert on Rivers state matters, na why I wan learn from u. The flyer u shared the other day showed more than one project commissioned by Fubara na

Only one of the projects was started and completed by him. That was the one Otti commissioned yesterday.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 1:28pm On May 15
iamoyindamola:

Sanwoolu need to demolish 90% of ikeja and design a better blueprint
Ikeja should be competing with Island but if rain start that place is terrible to come

Omo! All those Oba Akran area of Ikeja worse when rain falls.

I don't even know what they can do to that Ikeja cos most of the places drainages would've been dug are now full with properties.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by GloriousGbola: 1:31pm On May 15
BlueRayDick:

Well, I expect Wike to come out with a logical explanation to why the payments are still outstanding, and more importantly state that provisions were made ahead of time for the payment from those particular financial years.

Yes businesses may delay in paying contractors but they always plan towards repayment na.

If the information online is correct, Fubara did not become Wike's Accountant General until 2020. Remember these are outstandings from 2016 and 2017 o

Didn't realise that about SIM

A lot of delayed payment or variation payment na one or two people dey manage the vendor. We go sort you out. One project we had variation and I managed the vendor for like 8 months before we found a way to pay him. To this day the guy tells anyone is a good man. If I had exited the company during this period, that would have been the end of the money.

I am sure that may be the case here. The people managing the vendor are out of the system and now he has to go official route.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Dundalk(m): 1:32pm On May 15
angry

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Itsrm(m): 1:38pm On May 15
BlueRayDick:

Well, for a fact I don't know if provisions were made or not. I'm sure u also don't know, but u are willing to believe it was made grin

I guess Wike himself needs to speak to the matter , this ur speculations of Fubara sitting on the supposed provision will not fly for now.

Lol, I was only providing an explanation. Not necessarily saying that's what happened. It may be something else and you may be right. None of us know for sure what exactly transpired. That's why I said when politicians fight, the truth suffers.

As for the second paragraph, media chat is loading.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by GloriousGbola: 1:41pm On May 15
BlueRayDick:

People need to start engaging consultants. These developers and their promoters are shysters. I have one on our school WhatsApp group. Always promoting these multimillion naira properties. I now look at them like car dealers who will sell you a 'clean car' with dodgy custom papers.

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Itsrm(m): 1:48pm On May 15
Starlink ban loading

4 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by larride(m): 1:49pm On May 15
Unlimited22:
Ladies and gentlemen, today is Unlimited26 👽👽👽

Another revolution round the sun.

Happy birthday doc. Many happy returns.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by GloriousGbola: 2:13pm On May 15
Itsrm:
Starlink ban loading

It is a brainless dolt talking. Theflint1 can confirm. These devices all have unique serial numbers and dedicted IPs and accounts. All they need to do is get serial number from the dish and they can engage starlink for details of who bought, who registered and who pays for the service.

It will be easy to track down who pays for use of that particular device, even their internet history

More so as Elon is from you buy it you can't transfer it school.

This has the potential to be a major success. Anyone saying ban starlink is imho a boko haram sponsor who realises starlink is burned for them
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Itsrm(m): 2:21pm On May 15
GloriousGbola:

It is a brainless dolt talking. Theflint1 can confirm. These devices all have unique serial numbers and dedicted IPs and accounts. All they need to do is get serial number from the dish and they can engage starlink for details of who bought, who registered and who pays for the service.

It will be easy to track down who pays for use of that particular device, even their internet history

More so as Elon is from you buy it you can't transfer it school.

This has the potential to be a major success. Anyone saying ban starlink is imho a boko haram sponsor who realises starlink is burned for them

This one you're saying is too much work when we can just ban

I'm sure someone in government has seen the tweet by Bashir and gotten ideas cheesy

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by GloriousGbola: 2:26pm On May 15
Itsrm:

This one you're saying is too much work when we can just ban

I'm sure someone in government has seen the tweet by Bashir and gotten ideas cheesy

Not likely imho. This is not Buharis govt with pantami a minister with a checkered history of support for Islamic terrorism in his youth. This is also not a govt full of northerners who at their core support the principles of boko haram (Islamic state)

And this is an it minister with brain cells to rub together. Anyone in the abroad who has an internet subscription can tell you how much of your traffic can be monitored. Even vpns apparently can be busted.

2 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Unlimited22: 2:40pm On May 15
Ibunkun1:

Happy birthday chief
Thank you my oga
raumdeuter:

Congratulations and countdown to unlimited99
Thanks boss
Shegzdave:

Happiest birthday Man
Thank you my chief
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 3:17pm On May 15
GloriousGbola:

People need to start engaging consultants. These developers and their promoters are shysters. I have one on our school WhatsApp group. Always promoting these multimillion naira properties. I now look at them like car dealers who will sell you a 'clean car' with dodgy custom papers.

I dread all those people always advertising Kinikan kinikan estate lekki, after Chevron, close to Lagos Business School, etc. It's almost like everyone is now a realtor once they finish school and there's no white collar job available.

Everyday like this u see different estates being advertised on WhatsApp status.

I think most people who fall victim to buying those properties without proper approvals are people abroad who intend to buy houses here where they can always crash anytime they are in naija.The desire to own a property in Lekki Axis always and the fact that they don't want to send money to relatives here to do findings on their behalf always make them fall victim.

(1) (2) (3) ... (4673) (4674) (4675) (4676) (4677) (4678) (4679) ... (4772) (Reply)

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 / Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion

Viewing this topic: Itsrm(m), monerozi5590, enigma0 and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.