Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,137 members, 7,849,559 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 12:53 AM

EPL Chatroom - All Discussions - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (64) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / EPL Chatroom - All Discussions (1531911 Views)

EPL 2023/2024: Who Would You Say Is The Flop Of The Season? / EPL: Weekend's Results, Updated Premier League Table And Top Scorers / EPL: Five Things We Learnt From The English Premier League This Weekend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) ... (4771) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by izzou(m): 8:20pm On Jul 05, 2022
Oasis007:

I guess PMB/PYO ain't a disaster as you Guys are claiming?!

You did not answer my question, sir.

Why are you defending it?

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by raumdeuter: 8:22pm On Jul 05, 2022
izzou:

I understand your tough love for BAT. But how you guys want to justify this Muslim Muslim combo baffles me.

If truly we want this country to be peaceful and progressive, you'll know this is going to be a disaster waiting to happen.

You can’t use a state as a specimen for a country. Is Nigeria 80% Muslims?

I understand your party needs to do everything to win, but what is wrong is wrong.

Since Buhari-Idiagbon regime 37yrs ago, We have been having Moslem-Christian in Nigeria, How has that affected or helped anyone?
Osinbajo is a Pastor, Jonathan is a Christian, Buhari na Ustaz, how did that help anyone?

Setting the country on the path of development is the most important thing and if a fire spitting Amadioha worshipper is the one to deliver that then so be it

When Boko Haram is about to kill Moslems do they ask if the president is Buhari or Moslem? when they are about to kill worshippers in owo did they ask if Osinbajo prays daily? When Jonathan was a president did it stop Christian from getting killed by criminals

3 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by izzou(m): 8:24pm On Jul 05, 2022
raumdeuter:

Since Buhari-Idiagbon regime 37yrs ago, We have been having Moslem-Christian in Nigeria, How has that affected anyone?
Osinbajo is a Pastor, Jonathan is a Christian, Buhari na Ustaz, how did that help anyone?

Setting the country on the path of development is the most important thing and if a fire spitting Amadioha worshipper is the one to deliver that then so be it

You are in Texas sir, so the way you view and see issues, is not how we see it here.

Someone was burnt here for typing Holy Ghost fire in a WhatsApp group. I don't think American Muslims would do that.

Religious lines have proven to be delicate here

5 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by iamoyindamola(m): 8:25pm On Jul 05, 2022
Oasis007:

My lil Mum (Aunty) is a Pastor, CAC Pastor precisely. Her Children and I are so closed and so much love each other.

I've attended their Churches programme many times. You can't use Religion's card to divide Yoruba, coz it's not gonna work.
Wait are you really a Muslim

2 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by raumdeuter: 8:27pm On Jul 05, 2022
izzou:

You are in Texas sir, so the way you view and see issues, is not how we see it here.

Someone was burnt here for typing Holy Ghost fire in a WhatsApp group. I don't think American Muslims would do that.

I wasnt born in Texas, before I left Nigeria things like that have been happening from time immemorial. I was in Nigeria when Shariah was declared and riots went on in most places in Nigeria under Obasanjo a Christian. Did OBJ stop Christians from getting killed? Did GEJ stop Christians from getting killed? Did Buhari stop Moslems from getting killed? Did Osinbajo stop Owo massacre

I still struggle to understand how the religion of the President and vice stop killings or the Holy Ghost fire on whatsapp group killing
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Android17: 8:28pm On Jul 05, 2022
izzou:

Religion plays a minimal/maximum role depending on geopolitical zone. The issue with your argument is that you assume it is always maximum and in every geopolitical zone.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Oasis007(m): 8:29pm On Jul 05, 2022
izzou:

You did not answer my question, sir.

Why are you defending it?

I really don't grab how you're so much fixated on Religion ish. You want a prosperous Nigeria, but you're ready to sacrifice it for Religion.

If its Christian/Christian Ticket that gonna fix Nigeria.... so be it. I do tell People around me, our major Problem in Nigeria is Religion.

On Paper, UAE is an Islamic Country. In a Reality, its as secular as United Fuckin States of America. All the Ish of Alcohol Bans are simply on Paper, visit Dubai and see things.

Forget Abu Hail, Deira Axis, jez spend some nice time at Downtown, JBR or Marina Axis and see the true Nature of Dubai.

I really don't give a fúck, I just want Nigeria to be fixed. Do you really believe Tinubu is a practicing Muslim? Tinubu is a nominal Muslim, a political Muslim like Ademola Adeleke.

Northerners know the Truth, that's why they are insisting on Tinubu/Muslim Ticket.

4 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 8:30pm On Jul 05, 2022
Oasis007:

I guess PMB/PYO ain't a disaster as you Guys are claiming?!

u are delibrately missing the point. The point is Nigeria is tensed religiously presently, u see MURIC and CAN attacking each other while reacting to the same headline, u see what is happening in Southern Kaduna and how they feel there's a government backed agenda to annihilate the Christians, etc. U've heard pastors telling Members to defend themselves, u've seen ESN guys killed a woman just because she's on hijab which identify her to be a Muslim....

If APC flies a Muslim-Muslim ticket that eventually wins, I can bet u things will get worse than we have it now. Religious intolerance will get worse than u have it now ; both major religions will launch offensives unprovoked and the media will gaslight as much as possible.

For the sake of national peace, a Muslim-Muslim ticket is not advisable at this time. Even Kola Abiola over the weekend on a radio programme said the circumstance that led to his father's Muslim-Muslim ticket winning back then in 1993 is not the same as 2022. A lot of religious crises has happened since then, a lot of bad blood has been stored up.

2 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by izzou(m): 8:30pm On Jul 05, 2022
Android17:
Religion plays a minimal/maximum role depending on geopolitical zone. The issue with your argument is that you assume it is always maximum and in every geopolitical zone.

SW is not the only region in Nigeria.

If it is minimal there, should we assume that others should be automatically minimal?

For the country, it is a maximum issue
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by iamoyindamola(m): 8:32pm On Jul 05, 2022
raumdeuter:

I wasnt born in Texas, before I left Nigeria things like that have been happening from time immemorial. I was in Nigeria when Shariah was declared and riots went on in most places in Nigeria under Obasanjo a Christian. Did OBJ stop Christians from getting killed? Did GEJ stop Christians from getting killed? Did Buhari stop Moslems from getting killed? Did Osinbajo stop Owo massacre

I still struggle to understand how the religion of the President and vice stop killings or the Holy Ghost fire on whatsapp group killing
From my observation we have 2 major religions
Nigerians are too religious if Christian become president and vp Muslims will come out that they want to turn Nigeria to Christian country
Same thing if Muslim become president and vp Christians will come out
I think that's why it has been equal
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Oasis007(m): 8:33pm On Jul 05, 2022
izzou:

If we continue on that path, then we should forget a working Nigeria. An innocent, pregnant northern Woman and her 4 Kids were killed in the East for what happened in the North.

Ain't that madness of highest order? We need to put aside our Religion extremism, if really we want to get Naija fixed.

It's not only Northerners that are extremists, Southerners are also extremists.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by izzou(m): 8:33pm On Jul 05, 2022
Oasis007:

I really don't grab how you're so much fixated on Religion ish. You want a prosperous Nigeria, but you're ready to sacrifice it for Religion.

If its Christian/Christian Ticket that gonna fix Nigeria.... so be it. I do tell People around me, our major Problem in Nigeria is Religion.

On Paper, UAE is an Islamic Country. In a Reality, its as secular as United Fuckin States of America. All the Ish of Alcohol Bans are simply on Paper, visit Dubai and see things.

Forget Abu Hail, Deira Axis, jez spend some nice time at Downtown, JBR or Marina Axis and see the true Nature of Dubai.

I really don't give a fúck, I just want Nigeria to be fixed. Do you really believe Tinubu is a practicing Muslim? Tinubu is a nominal Muslim, a political Muslim like Ademola Adeleke.

Northerners know the Truth, that's why they are insisting on Tinubu/Muslim Ticket.

You don't give a fck doesn't mean millions of Nigerians don't. That's my point.

Christians don't know what a nominal or perennial Muslim is. A Muslim is a Muslim.

Nigeria should progress? That's our prayer.

But we can't find one Christian or Amadioha worshipper in over 100 million people to stand behind Tinubu?
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by raumdeuter: 8:36pm On Jul 05, 2022
BlueRayDick:

u are delibrately missing the point. The point is Nigeria is tensed religiously presently, u see MURIC and CAN attacking each other while reacting to the same headline, u see what is happening in Southern Kaduna and how they feel there's a government backed agenda to annihilate the Christians, etc. U've heard pastors telling Members to defend themselves, u've seen ESN guys killed a woman just because she's on hijab which identify her to be a Muslim....

If APC flies a Muslim-Muslim ticket that eventually wins, I can bet u things will get worse than we have it now. Religious intolerance will get worse than u have it now ; both major religions will launch offensives unprovoked and the media will gaslight as much as possible.

For the sake of national peace, a Muslim-Muslim ticket is not advisable at this time. Even Kola Abiola over the weekend on a radio programme said the circumstance that led to his father's Muslim-Muslim ticket winning back then in 1993 is not the same as 2022. A lot of religious crises has happened since then, a lot of bad blood has been stored up.

Religion has always been a flashpoint in Nigeria. I remember back in 1992 when we were in church praying for Zango Kataf and Zamani Lekwot because of the religious crisis in Southern Kaduna. That was the time MKO did a Moslem-Moslem ticket that won. Someone younger will think religious conflicts are recent happenings

If APC flies that ticket, its left to Nigerians to vote it down in favour of any ticket they desire

2 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by izzou(m): 8:36pm On Jul 05, 2022
Oasis007:

If we continue on that path, then we should forget a working Nigeria. An innocent, pregnant northern Woman and her 4 Kids were killed in the East for what happened in the North.

Ain't that madness of highest order? We need to put aside our Religion extremism, if really we want to get Naija fixed.

It's not only Northerners that are extremists, Southerners are also extremists.

You are talking to an educated guy, so I understand.

There are millions of people in this country that would interpret it in a different way.

If Tinubu was a Christian and picks Dogara (a Christian), you will support him. What about the ones in the NW and NE? How would they perceive that?
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by izzou(m): 8:37pm On Jul 05, 2022
BlueRayDick:

Thank you
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by raumdeuter: 8:37pm On Jul 05, 2022
izzou:

If it is minimal there, should we assume that others should be automatically minimal?

Then the part where religion is a maximum for them will vote the other options

I can say those who wont vote APC for Moslem Moslem wont vote APC is CAN president was made the VP sef

So what gives?
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by raumdeuter: 8:39pm On Jul 05, 2022
iamoyindamola:

From my observation we have 2 major religions
Nigerians are too religious if Christian become president and vp Muslims will come out that they want to turn Nigeria to Christian country
Same thing if Muslim become president and vp Christians will come out
I think that's why it has been equal

Even with Buhari a Ustaz as president, MURIC is still saying their is a Chrtianization agenda, When Jonathan was the president there are people also shouting about Islamization agenda

Agenda people will always complain
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Android17: 8:39pm On Jul 05, 2022
izzou:

It plays a role in the North (NW, NE NC) maximally. I concede. South East and South South the same. Southwest is polarized. Now let us sub-analyze it. It favors the northern candidate to be Muslim. SE & SS, Christian and SW could be either or fairly equally.

As you can see, the 2 Geopolitical zones that care about it being Christian are zones that APC would have still lost in even if they used a Christian candidate. Same way PDP will lose in the SW even if they match the religion of the APC candidate. So the battleground zone, which is now the North will require the candidate for both parties to be from that zone and also have the 'favored' religion in that enclave. That way they can 'battle' it out. That is why APC need a candidate like El Rufai. He ticks both boxes.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by izzou(m): 8:40pm On Jul 05, 2022
raumdeuter:

Then the part where religion is a maximum for them will vote the other options

I can say those who wont vote APC for Moslem Moslem wont vote APC is CAN president was made the VP sef

So what gives?

I am pointing out the insensitivity of that choice.

I have no statistics of whoever would, or would not vote
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Oasis007(m): 8:42pm On Jul 05, 2022
BlueRayDick:

Fúck MURIC, Fúck CAN, Fúck all fuckin persons that so much carrying Religion on their empty heads like gala.

Where has the fúckin Religions take us in Africa? Prophet Muhammad was born in Mecca as an Arab. Jesus Christ was born Jerusalem as a Hebrew..... none was born in Africa.

Colonial Masters brought Christianity to Nigeria, same fúckin Masters that sold our great grandfathers to slavery. Stole our Artefacts. Destroy our Cultures, Beliefs and Ways of Lives.

Usman Dan Fodio spread Islam to South West Nigeria through Battles. He was stopped at Osogbo but it was too late already. Malians actually brought Islam to North via Trading.

So why the Fuss?! Must we kill ourselves over Religions always? Instead of focusing on the pressing Challenges, we are more concerned about Religions.

We ain't ready to fix Nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by izzou(m): 8:42pm On Jul 05, 2022
Android17:
It plays a role in the North (NW, NE NC) maximally. I concede. South East and South South the same. Southwest is polarized. Now let us sub-analyze it. It favors the northern candidate to be Muslim. SE & SS, Christian and SW could be either or fairly equally.

As you can see, the 2 Geopolitical zones that care about it being Christian are zones that APC would have still lost in even if they used a Christian candidate. Same way PDP will lose in the SW even if they match the religion of the APC candidate. So the battleground zone, which is now the North will require the candidate for both parties to be from that zone and also have the 'favored' religion in that enclave. That way they can 'battle' it out. That is why APC need a candidate like El Rufai. He ticks both boxes.

But then, after winning. What next?

We live peacefully ever after. You think so?
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Oasis007(m): 8:44pm On Jul 05, 2022
izzou:

You are talking to an educated guy, so I understand.

There are millions of people in this country that would interpret it in a different way.

If Tinubu was a Christian and picks Dogara (a Christian), you will support him. What about the ones in the NW and NE? How would they perceive that?

Atiku's running mate is a Christian from South. Obi, a Christian from South, would definitely pick a northern Muslim.

Thus, we don't want a Muslim/Muslim Ticket to win, we've got other Options.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by raumdeuter: 8:44pm On Jul 05, 2022
izzou:

I am pointing out the insensitivity of that choice.

I have no statistics of whoever would, or would not vote

Parties decide on which choices will give the highest chances of winning. If APC decides that pairing El Rufai gives them the chance of winning then they will do it

PDP jeopardized zoning to the South and gave Atiku a Northerner the ticket not minding if it will be insensitive to have another Fulani do another 8yrs after one Fulani

Political parties are not in the business of catering to sensitivities, after winning you can decide the rest
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Oasis007(m): 8:45pm On Jul 05, 2022
iamoyindamola:

Wait are you really a Muslim

Of course.... I am a Muslim.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 8:45pm On Jul 05, 2022
raumdeuter:

Religion has always been a flashpoint in Nigeria. I remember back in 1992 when we were in church praying for Zango Kataf and Zamani Lekwot because of the religious crisis in Southern Kaduna. That was the time MKO did a Moslem-Moslem ticket that won. Someone younger will think religious conflicts are recent happenings

If APC flies that ticket, its left to Nigerians to vote it down in favour of any ticket they desire

Yes Zango Kataf crisis happened but things have gone worse. People are getting massacred in churches, ESN is killing people for looking like Muslims, different parties are resorting to self help in the face of government's failure to ensure justice is served ; A Muslim-Muslim ticket can only take the religious intolerance to a higher level.

Now we have CAN release press statements that looked like giving the government ultimatum before resorting to self help, now we have videos of pastors telling members to defend themselves littering all over the Internet, now we have MURIC telling government to protect the rights of Muslims....other wise.

If u have lived in some parts of north west and north east where they have Christians and Muslims, u will understand the kind of tension that's between these two major religions. Na southwest we dey follow each other do Eid and Christmas ó.

2 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by izzou(m): 8:45pm On Jul 05, 2022
Oasis007:

Atiku's running mate is a Christian from South. Obi, a Christian from South, would definitely pick a northern Muslim.

Thus, we don't want a Muslim/Muslim Ticket to win, we've got other Options.

Well, that's true
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by iamoyindamola(m): 8:46pm On Jul 05, 2022
Oasis007:

Of course.... I am a Muslim.
Didn't know I thought donj was trolling
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by izzou(m): 8:46pm On Jul 05, 2022
raumdeuter:

Parties decide on which choices will give the highest chances of winning. If APC decides that pairing El Rufai gives them the chance of winning then they will do it

PDP jeopardized zoning to the South and gave Atiku a Northerner the ticket not minding if it will be insensitive to have another Fulani do another 8yrs after one Fulani

Political parties are not in the business of catering to sensitivities, after winning you can decide the rest

It's alright.

I rest my case grin
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by raumdeuter: 8:47pm On Jul 05, 2022
izzou:

After winning they work towards fixing unemployment in the country and reduce insecurity then hopefully the religious motivated killings by criminals will reduce

Its when people are hungry and jobless they start looking for anything to start crisis
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by GloriousGbola: 8:48pm On Jul 05, 2022
izzou:

Leave Dayo jare. Would he vote a trans with a proven track record? See how the right went nuts over Obama claiming the guy na undercover alfa. Biden sef is the second Catholic to be president. They were not comfortable with Kennedy then.

Bias and prejudice is part and parcel of democracy, the politics of popularity and acceptability

2 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Android17: 8:48pm On Jul 05, 2022
izzou:

You are being fallacious by appealing to your emotions. Your initial poser was that it was political suicide for APC. I am showing you why it is not.

Now, concerning your more current disposition that it will displease some zones of Nigeria after the fact. Yes, you are right that it will, but it will still be that demographic/zone that would not have favored the winner (whoever that winner is). I hope you catch it.

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by raumdeuter: 8:49pm On Jul 05, 2022
BlueRayDick:

Yes Zango Kataf crisis happened but things have gone worse. People are getting massacred in churches, ESN is killing people for looking like Muslims, different parties are resorting to self help in the face of government's failure to ensure justice is served ; A Muslim-Muslim ticket can only take the religious intolerance to a higher level.

Now we have CAN release press statements that looked like giving the government ultimatum before resorting to self help, now we have videos of pastors telling members to defend themselves littering all over the Internet, now we have MURIC telling government to protect the rights of Muslims....other wise.

If u have lived in some parts of north west and north east where they have Christians and Muslims, u will understand the kind of tension that's between these two major religions. Na southwest we dey follow each other do Eid and Christmas ó.

If all you are saying is true which I believe it is, How has Osinbajo being a VP and a Pastor addressed it?

If things can be this bad despite having both religions on every ticket since 1999, then why are we saying having both religions on the ticket will fix the problems

(1) (2) (3) ... (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) ... (4771) (Reply)

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 / Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion

Viewing this topic: 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.