Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,075 members, 7,867,085 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 10:31 AM

EPL Chatroom - All Discussions - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (964) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / EPL Chatroom - All Discussions (1586828 Views)

EPL 2023/2024: Who Would You Say Is The Flop Of The Season? / EPL: Weekend's Results, Updated Premier League Table And Top Scorers / EPL: Five Things We Learnt From The English Premier League This Weekend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (961) (962) (963) (964) (965) (966) (967) ... (4866) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by seankafor(m): 1:08pm On Dec 07, 2022
nihilistjnr:

Omo Wizkid's own blowing was mega. I remember going to see him perform Hola at Your Boy at TigerTiger night club in Manchester in 2011 or 2012, it was OK but nothing major

After he split from Banky, the guy played one card that in my opinion was the masterstroke and key to his success.

In 2012 Fuse ODG and Dbanj crossed over on the UK charts with their mega hits Antenna, Azonto and Oliver Twist respectively. I think those were the first 3 Afrobeats songs to ever chart and achieve mainstream success in the UK.

Wizkid now released his own Azonto song that year, piggybacking on the success of Fuse ODG in particular. That was the song that changed his life.

The guy performed at 1xtra live that year and the crowd was singing it bar for bar word for word. I remember Clara Amfo the BBC 1xtra presenter at the time was shocked. He did wireless festival in 2014 as well with Kanye West.

The next Wizzy did was to leverage his success in the UK to almost exclusively focus on the UK market, collaborating with maleek Berry( back to the matter), going on tour with Tinie Tempah who was hot at the time, linking up with Skepta who would eventually hook him up with Drake.

Wizzy's 2013 - 2018 run in the UK was epic.

The only person to come close to that is Burna
how about davido

1 Like 1 Share

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by seankafor(m): 1:08pm On Dec 07, 2022
BlueRayDick:

Yeah, u are not wrong at all. Like the young man carried himself from a young promising act with no record label to one of the biggest show headliners not only in Africa but even beyond the shores of the continent.

Burna really gave him a chase tho, as in better hot pursue
davido nko
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by nihilistjnr: 1:08pm On Dec 07, 2022
BlueRayDick:

Davido sef na GOAT for him own Lane.

It's just that different people have different reasons for liking any of the 3 of them the most.

Is he though?

He's the only one from the GOAT trilogy that seems to have a tainted legacy. His songs dont really appeal to me like that either

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by raumdeuter: 1:21pm On Dec 07, 2022
larride:
D Banj dey collect N-Power money with ghost worker names on the payroll.

Doings no dey finish for this country.

E fit be one of those calling politicians corrupt sef

Shebi na one of those wey do Rufai Oseni interview for Jonathan
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by raumdeuter: 1:23pm On Dec 07, 2022
diggz:

My surprise na why go back to rubbish like this after all these years

Personal finance na maths
When your outflow dey pass your legit inflow. You either have to reduce your outflow(spending) or add illegitimate inflow

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by raumdeuter: 1:26pm On Dec 07, 2022
GloriousGbola:

The dude retired from singing like five or more years ago. He was not doing any endorsements and did not appear to have any hustle going on (something something farming)

Hope we no go see same for psquare next.

I expect Psquare investment to be deep even into things normal people laugh at like bottle water or odogwu bitters things

Thankfully the divorce of One of them didn't happen abroad so minimal financial loss

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by raumdeuter: 1:28pm On Dec 07, 2022
Theflint1:
Likeee...those guys stacked too much bread to go broke, and they're still making decent money till now. And I think DBanj hasn't been based in Nigeria like that, unlike PSquare wey dey based here and dey make lots of Naira spend.

There is no amount of money that you cannot finish and go broke

I have heard the story of many former governors who left power less than 15yrs ago who are now broke

Story of ex footballers who are now broke

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by GloriousGbola: 1:33pm On Dec 07, 2022
All this dbanj talk made me remember Rita of Koko mansion

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sJVcNgriTSg

1 Like 1 Share

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by GloriousGbola: 1:34pm On Dec 07, 2022
raumdeuter:

There is no amount of money that you cannot finish and go broke

I have heard the story of many former governors who left power less than 15yrs ago who are now broke

Story of ex footballers who are now broke

The word is Obj had less than 20k in his account when abacha died.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by raumdeuter: 1:43pm On Dec 07, 2022
nihilistjnr:

Is he though?

He's the only one from the GOAT trilogy that seems to have a tainted legacy. His songs dont really appeal to me like that either

I don't follow their musical success a lot but I respect Wizkid the most. Not for his music but how he was able to break into the foreign market.
Burna had a template of successful wizzy and others to follow and even half of the work has been done by the fore runners

Any Naija musician just coming out now will have an easier run compared to those that did it 10yrs ago

There is an awareness already in place and a New Naija kid can just burst out and within a year making moves with big intl artistes.. it wasn't like that 10-15yrs ago

And davido though great on his own but many people will argue he had a billionaire family backing his hustle

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by iamoyindamola(m): 1:49pm On Dec 07, 2022
raumdeuter:

I don't follow their musical success a lot but I respect Wizkid the most. Not for his music but how he was able to break into the foreign market.
Burna had a template of successful wizzy and others to follow and even half of the work has been done by the fore runners

Any Naija musician just coming out now will have an easier run compared to those that did it 10yrs ago

There is an awareness already in place and a New Naija kid can just burst out and within a year making moves with big intl artistes.. it wasn't like that 10-15yrs ago

And davido though great on his own but many people will argue he had a billionaire family backing his hustle
Burna would have gone pass this but he's a controversial and violent person
No brand will like that, maybe his own weed is special

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by raumdeuter: 1:56pm On Dec 07, 2022
iamoyindamola:

I think Burna will still top all of them because he has a brand of music he can call uniquely African while switching it around a few. His rough persona feeds into it as long as he doesn't commit a major crime that will lead him to police or jail

Wizzy and Davido music are variations of R&B which most American musicians can sing perfectly. Burna is just pure Afro beat.

If there is a concert and you want real African representation. It's likely they call Burna ahead of the other 2

Also Burnas live performances are so energetic and contagious that you'll think everyone is on igbo and shayo

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by iamoyindamola(m): 1:59pm On Dec 07, 2022
raumdeuter:

I think Burna will still top all of them because he has a brand of music he can call uniquely African while switching it around a few. His rough persona feeds into it as long as he doesn't commit a major crime that will lead him to police or jail

Wizzy and Davido music are variations of R&B which Americans can sing perfectly. Burna is just pure Afro beat
Really?
What if sokay died in process of the assault and it's because na naija if the guy had press charges he will be behind bars
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by diggz: 2:00pm On Dec 07, 2022
See Career polithiefcians hustling for their personal change below

https://www.nairaland.com/7469113/former-dsp-lasun-yusuf-formally

LP to PDP.. Abeg who can confirm?
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by raumdeuter: 2:01pm On Dec 07, 2022
iamoyindamola:

Really?
What if sokay died in process of the assault and it's because na naija if the guy had press charges he will be behind bars

Musicians especially rappers get into all these brawls and assaults from time to time and it's even good for their bad ghetto boy image

It's when people start dying or the worst one in this climate accusation of rape

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by raumdeuter: 2:03pm On Dec 07, 2022
diggz:
See Career polithiefcians hustling for their personal change below

https://www.nairaland.com/7469113/former-dsp-lasun-yusuf-formally

LP to PDP.. Abeg who can confirm?

That was the Labor Party candidate in the governorship election last July. The one Obi went to campaign for and still failed massively

So this year he has been in APC Labour and now PDP

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 2:03pm On Dec 07, 2022
iamoyindamola:

I think u are getting things the other way . The fact that Burna could get to this level today was because his mum took charge of things and handled his PR/Management . Without Burns’s mum doing her thing , Burna would probably be a more talented Portable with many bags and luggages getting invited to police station today , get caught assaulting someone on camera tomorrow , and so on.

Just imagine say na someone like Kogbagidi be Burna Boy manager grin

And back to Big Wiz, I think Sunday Are(his manger ) doesn’t get enough credit he deserves in the Wizkid success story sha

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by diggz: 2:04pm On Dec 07, 2022
raumdeuter:

That was the Labor Party candidate in the governorship election last July. The one Obi went to campaign for and still failed massively

All men hustling for their pocket including those in LP.. Mscheeeew
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by obainojazz(m): 2:04pm On Dec 07, 2022
raumdeuter:

Wizzy and Davido music are variations of R&B which most American musicians can sing perfectly. Burna is just pure Afro beat.

If there is a concert and you want real African representation. It's likely they call Burna ahead of the other 2

Also Burnas live performances are so energetic and contagious that you'll think everyone is on igbo and shayo
I think Burna is the most loved African artist… Dude was supposed to perform in Queensland abi Melbourne and all flights and hotels were booked for that period.

Any white lady wey like Africans here… Burna is their favourite

They refused the guy visa… disappointing all his fans here

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by iamoyindamola(m): 2:05pm On Dec 07, 2022
raumdeuter:

Musicians especially rappers get into all these brawls and assaults from time to time and it's even good for their bad ghetto boy image

It's when people start dying or the worst one in this climate accusation of rape
you don't get it
What he did was a serious offence which is suppose to get him behind bars but naija happened

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by iamoyindamola(m): 2:07pm On Dec 07, 2022
BlueRayDick:

I think u are getting things the other way . The fact that Burna could get to this level today was because his mum took charge of things and handled his PR/Management . Without Burns’s mum doing her thing , Burna would probably be a more talented Portable with many bags and luggages getting invited to police station today , get caught assaulting someone on camera tomorrow , and so on.

Just imagine say na someone like Kogbagidi be Burna Boy manager grin

And back to Big Wiz, I think Sunday Are(his manger ) doesn’t get enough credit he deserves in the Wizkid success story sha
Kogbagidi na ripper, Burna will kill him grin grin
Yes burna's mum played a big role, even his cool head sometimes is down to the woman
I wanted to call him nigeria kanye but he's not bipolar na over weed and thuggery they worry burna

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by raumdeuter: 2:09pm On Dec 07, 2022
obainojazz:
I think Burna is the most loved African artist… Dude was supposed to perform in Queensland abi Melbourne and all flights and hotels were booked for that period.

Any white lady wey like Africans here… Burna is their favourite

They refused the guy visa… disappointing all his fans here

I just saw a video of the Moroccan team yesterday in their team bus playing and dancing to last last

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Segedinho(m): 2:12pm On Dec 07, 2022

2 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by iamoyindamola(m): 2:13pm On Dec 07, 2022
raumdeuter:

I just saw a video of the Moroccan team yesterday in their team bus playing and dancing to last last
Everyone love him
Pogba and other black players roll with him alot

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by EmmanuelScott1(m): 2:14pm On Dec 07, 2022
The federal government is sponsoring this mofo, like wtf

This guy is going mad, really mad. How can this idiot be controlling Igbo land from finland, on which authority.

F***k

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by pocohantas(f): 2:17pm On Dec 07, 2022
iamoyindamola:

grin grin grin
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by iamoyindamola(m): 2:20pm On Dec 07, 2022
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by OasisX: 2:21pm On Dec 07, 2022
grin

...... afterall blabliblu wasn't a gaffe! Tinubu is unique and different sha. He's right about being marketable, he's the most sought content by all media to gain followership.

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by larride(m): 2:22pm On Dec 07, 2022
raumdeuter:

From APC to LP to PDP.

This man was once deputy speaker oh.

Smhs
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by OasisX: 2:27pm On Dec 07, 2022
cheesy

Politics can make someone crazy sha. On Record, I don't believe the word genuinely exists.

https://www.meaningslike.com/name-stands-for/blabliblu
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Theflint1(m): 2:27pm On Dec 07, 2022
OasisX:
grin

...... afterall blabliblu wasn't a gaffe! Tinubu is unique and different sha. He's right about being marketable, he's the most sought content by all media to gain followership.
Yet na you go dey say people dey get posts from Whatsapp groups.

Which dictionary this one come from?

And was it bulaba+some other rubbish cheesy or blabliblu?

6 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Theflint1(m): 2:30pm On Dec 07, 2022
OasisX:
cheesy

Politics can make someone crazy sha. On Record, I don't believe the word genuinely exists.

https://www.meaningslike.com/name-stands-for/blabliblu
Lol, support beta candidate you no gree, now see you complaining that defending BAT is driving you crazy grin grin grin

6 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (961) (962) (963) (964) (965) (966) (967) ... (4866) (Reply)

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 / Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion

Viewing this topic: Ibukzy, Theflint1(m), liveLongNprospa(m), Amigoss

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.