Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,771 members, 7,862,526 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 06:44 PM

EPL Chatroom - All Discussions - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (965) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / EPL Chatroom - All Discussions (1572665 Views)

EPL 2023/2024: Who Would You Say Is The Flop Of The Season? / EPL: Weekend's Results, Updated Premier League Table And Top Scorers / EPL: Five Things We Learnt From The English Premier League This Weekend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (962) (963) (964) (965) (966) (967) (968) ... (4841) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by OasisX: 2:31pm On Dec 07, 2022
Theflint1:
Lol, support beta candidate you no gree, na see you complaining that defending BAT is driving you crazy grin grin grin

grin

..... not BAT really, but politics in general. Don J is a typical example.

2 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by OasisX: 2:32pm On Dec 07, 2022
grin

I understand why AriseTV won't let BAT rest and aggressively begging for Interview. Less down 48hrs, 700k+ views on twitter alone.

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Theflint1(m): 2:32pm On Dec 07, 2022
OasisX:

grin

..... not BAT really, but politics in general. Don J is a typical example.
Own your shit grin

Donj wasn't the one that confessed that supporting his candidate was driving him crazy.

5 Likes 4 Shares

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by OasisX: 2:34pm On Dec 07, 2022
Theflint1:
Own your shit grin

Donj wasn't the one that confessed that supporting his candidate was driving him crazy.

grin

..... Read the post again but slowly this time around. "Politics [not BAT] can make Someone crazy sha"..... that's are my words.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 2:40pm On Dec 07, 2022
Segedinho:
This is from another angle......

https://mobile.twitter.com/DavidHundeyin/status/1600392167955931138

Hudeyin didn’t make any special discovery . It was practically glaring in the circular/communique released by CBN . The government intends to tax u for insisting u will withdraw over the counter above the specified limit in the circular (100k and 500k per week for individual and corporate entities respectively )

Let me paint a scenario of how things can play out . For example some mid sized companies can have their petty cash limit as 200k , so anytime they need to reimburse the petty cash they will normally send a staff to the bank with a cheque to withdraw cash and reimburse the petty cash .

Now normally withdrawing over the counter is cheaper for such firms cos transfers attracts charges and so the company may not be a fan of transfer . Now what CBN is doing now is making it unwise for u to insist on OTC withdrawal cos U will be charged 10% of the extra 100k above the limit ( which is 10k ) …… when in fact U can just have internet/mobile banking activated for u and u do transfer to any of ur local vendors like the person that supplies the office toiletries , the mechanic that repairs company’s cars etc .

So yes , the government is using one stone to kill two birds .
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Theflint1(m): 2:51pm On Dec 07, 2022
OasisX:

grin

..... Read the post again but slowly this time around. "Politics [not BAT] can make Someone crazy sha"..... that's are my words.
"A town hall, different from..."

Plug any of the meanings you've posted into that and see how crazy it looks.

Dey vet things you dey bring from Whatsapp, that's my point.

If you insist you won't take your mental health seriously, despite admitting that supporting Tinubu is driving you crazy, that's on you.

3 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Theflint1(m): 2:54pm On Dec 07, 2022
My own be say the 5% and 10% dem say dem wan charge just too much, but on the upside, this policy could effectively kill the kidnapping for ransom business.
BlueRayDick:

Hudeyin didn’t make any special discovery . It was practically glaring in the circular/communique released by CBN . The government intends to tax u for insisting u will withdraw over the counter above the specified limit in the circular (100k and 500k per week for individual and corporate entities respectively )

Let me paint a scenario of how things can play out . For example some mid sized companies can have their petty cash limit as 200k , so anytime they need to reimburse the petty cash they will normally send a staff to the bank with a cheque to withdraw cash and reimburse the petty cash .

Now normally withdrawing over the counter is cheaper for such firms cos transfers attracts charges and so the company may not be a fan of transfer . Now what CBN is doing now is making it unwise for u to insist on OTC withdrawal cos U will be charged 10% of the extra 100k above the limit ( which is 10k ) …… when in fact U can just have internet/mobile banking activated for u and u do transfer to any of ur local vendors like the person that supplies the office toiletries , the mechanic that repairs company’s cars etc .

So yes , the government is using one stone to kill two birds .
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 3:06pm On Dec 07, 2022
Theflint1:
My own be say the 5% and 10% dem say dem wan charge just too much, but on the upside, this policy could effectively kill the kidnapping for ransom business.

This why I'm open minded about this new policy. Normally I'm not the best of fan of this failed Buhari led APC government, but I'm seeing the possibility of making life difficult for Kidnappers and Bandits who demand millions at will and overnight people cough out millions in cash to the kidnappers, they release their kidnappers and business continue as usual. Remember it was reported that one on the train kidnap victims(I think It's the Bank of Agriculture top guy) had his family and friends cough out N100m and he was released . Do u know what N100m can turn to in the hands of those blood thirsty criminals ?

So I'm thinking just maybe if the Kidnappers and Bandits know it's practically impossible for the victim's family to just mop up that much cash within short period of time , just maybe they will think of the "Business" now as being less profitable and more risky. At least no kidnapper or Bandit will be foolish enough to accept transfer which leaves a paper trail.

I'm giving the government and APC CBN governor Emefiele the benefit of doubt on this one.

2 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Donjazet2: 3:08pm On Dec 07, 2022
diggz:

All men hustling for their pocket including those in LP.. Mscheeeew

Egbon diggz, I asked you yesterday and you didn't answer, what will you have Nigerians do??
You are personally invested in consistently knocking down the obi movement but you haven't proposed a practical and viable pathway for Nigeria's problems. What do you think is the best course of action the average masses can undertake to stem the bleed?

2 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Donjazet2: 3:11pm On Dec 07, 2022
BlueRayDick:

This why I'm open minded about this new policy. Normally I'm not the best of fan of this failed Buhari led APC government, but I'm seeing the possibility of making life difficult for Kidnappers and Bandits who demand millions at will and overnight people cough out millions in cash to the kidnappers, they release their kidnappers and business continue as usual. Remember it was reported that one on the train kidnap victims(I think It's the Bank of Agriculture top guy) had his family and friends cough out N100m and he was released . Do u know what N100m can turn to in the hands of those blood thirsty criminals ?

So I'm thinking just maybe if the Kidnappers and Bandits know it's practically impossible for the victim's family to just mop up that much cash within short period of time , just maybe they will think of the "Business" now as being less profitable and more risky. At least no kidnapper or Bandit will be foolish enough to accept transfer which leaves a paper trail.

I'm giving the government and APC CBN governor Emefiele the benefit of doubt on this one.

I'm in tune with you. The only problem is just that it's difficult to trust this government if not policies like these that might inconvenience the public is something they're willing to near if the trust is there that the result will be beneficial in the long run.

A short term pain for a long term gain.

2 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 3:23pm On Dec 07, 2022
Donjazet2:

I'm in tune with you. The only problem is just that it's difficult to trust this government if not policies like these that might inconvenience the public is something they're willing to near if the trust is there that the result will be beneficial in the long run.

A short term pain for a long term gain.

Let’s just see wait and see how things will pan out.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by diggz: 3:27pm On Dec 07, 2022
Donjazet2:

Egbon diggz, I asked you yesterday and you didn't answer, what will you have Nigerians do??

Nigerians should vote for whoever their heart desires without proclaiming anyone a Saint because all politicians are one and the same. Check well, politicians align for their personal interest, put their personal interest first and the rest na Jara. No Saint inside politics.

You are personally invested in consistently knocking down the obi movement but you haven't proposed a practical and viable pathway for Nigeria's problems.

Yes, I am personally invested in knocking any narrative that portrays him or any Nigerian politician as a Saint or the messiah that's coming to solve Nigeria's problem overnight. We've seen that movie play out in Nigeria history over and over again.

What do you think is the best course of action the average masses can undertake to stem the bleed?

Unfortunately, you lots are only interested in politics once in every four years period, so nothing is ever going to change in my opinion. Take you for example the next time we go see you and your passion for Nija politics na in 2027, so how things suppose change?

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Donjazet2: 3:55pm On Dec 07, 2022
diggz:
Sorry this is partly a non answer,I see the famous attempt to paint all three with the same brush. Sorry I don't buy that one bit.

Diggz no one is saying obi is saint or is perfect and without flaws, we are saying that next to tinubu and atiku, his white dey shine wella.
For Christ sake, tinubu cannot divulge HIS OWN biography.
No one can give a comprehensive detail at to the man's first 35 years on earth. Not to talk of his candidacy that screams entitlement mentality and not humble leadership..

So one thing is certain, good faith Nigerians cannot turn to tinubu and the APC to solve the problems they've been unable to solve and the one's they've created.

And I've always said it clearly, an Obi presidency offers the best path forward, in terms of strengthening our democracy, in terms of the electorate psychological orientation, the fact that everyone will know that their votes count which will inevitably lead to better accountability from the leaders.

I've said it Soo numerously. So I ask you personally again diggz, what role can Nigerians play in seeing Nigeria get better?

4 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Donjazet2: 3:59pm On Dec 07, 2022
Diggz, to address your point on Nigerians not maintaining interest post 2023, what makes you say that? I've had political interest for years now and it's only grown in leaps and bounds, what makes you think that will subside??
The fact is that we are all united in our belief of a better country. Politics is the only vehicle to achieve that so I don't buy tge narrative that people will become disinterested in the process.

3 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by OasisX: 4:04pm On Dec 07, 2022
Theflint1:
"A town hall, different from..."

Plug any of the meanings you've posted into that and see how crazy it looks.

Dey vet things you dey bring from Whatsapp, that's my point.

If you insist you won't take your mental health seriously, despite admitting that supporting Tinubu is driving you crazy, that's on you.

cheesy

Na jeje I dey my corner, yet you dey fire me bazooka.... LOL!

Mi o ni so nkankan.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by diggz: 4:05pm On Dec 07, 2022
Donjazet2:

Sorry this is partly a non answer,I see the famous attempt to paint all three with the same brush. Sorry I don't buy that one bit.

Diggz no one is saying obi is saint or is perfect and without flaws, we are saying that next to tinubu and atiku, his white dey shine wella.
For Christ sake, tinubu cannot divulge HIS OWN biography.
No one can give a comprehensive detail at to the man's first 35 years on earth. Not to talk of his candidacy that screams entitlement mentality and not humble leadership..

So one thing is certain, good faith Nigerians cannot turn to tinubu and the APC to solve the problems they've been unable to solve and the one's they've created.

And I've always said it clearly, an Obi presidency offers the best path forward, in terms of strengthening our democracy, in terms of the electorate psychological orientation, the fact that everyone will know that their votes count which will inevitably lead to better accountability from the leaders.

I've said it Soo numerously. So I ask you personally again diggz, what role can Nigerians play in seeing Nigeria get better?

Bro leave all this your plenty messages wey you dey type. Are you a card carrying member of any party in Nigeria today, and when did you become one?

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by OasisX: 4:08pm On Dec 07, 2022
diggz:

Bro leave all this your plenty messages wey you dey type. Are you a card carrying member of any party in Nigeria today, and when did you become one?

grin

Egbon.... if you look at the ways larride is handling issues here and compare with us, different is so clear.

Partymanship requires experience I believe. We are just like spectators, real players don't make much noise, field performances do the talking for them.

2 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by chrisooblog: 4:09pm On Dec 07, 2022
Using my skeptical mind what if they decide to go the dollar route? Victims families transfer the naira equivalent into the BDC's account and collect all the dollars aboki have at their disposal.

BlueRayDick:

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Donjazet2: 4:10pm On Dec 07, 2022
diggz:

LP, this year, why?
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Tataffo: 4:10pm On Dec 07, 2022
So this thread go do 1k EOY,na wa...chai,I miss 45 pages,na who go read all this wan,mtcheew
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by diggz: 4:11pm On Dec 07, 2022
Donjazet2:
Diggz, to address your point on Nigerians not maintaining interest post 2023, what makes you say that? I've had political interest for years now and it's only grown in leaps and bounds, what makes you think that will subside??
The fact is that we are all united in our belief of a better country. Politics is the only vehicle to achieve that so I don't buy tge narrative that people will become disinterested in the process.

Good! You should be able to answer my question below.

Are you a card carrying member of any party in Nigeria today, and when did you become one?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by diggz: 4:13pm On Dec 07, 2022
Donjazet2:

LP, this year, why?

Good! At least you manage join party this year, its a start. Am I right to assume you joined LP because of PO?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Donjazet2: 4:22pm On Dec 07, 2022
diggz:

Good! At least you manage join party this year, its a start. Am I right to assume you joined LP because of PO?

Yes, true. But not just him.
I look at advanced democracies and I wish Nigeria's to be like that.

For instance, if you are in the US, it's almost like a civic responsibility that you are actively involved in the democratic process.

You join a party that aligns with your ideals and vision for the party. You register with that party, you partake in the primary process. Unlike what we have here where our primaries were determined by the same corrupt elite, where party form is even out of reach to the average person.
There it is the average person that votes to select who will represent the party, you don't just stop there, you volunteer your time and resources in canvassing for the candidate who you support.
In many advanced democracies, politics is not a means to an end like we have here, where the motivation is to earn money, politics is transient for a lot of them, one where once you serve finish, you return to private life or your career.

So in summary, yes, I joined a party for the first time to be part of the movement that changes the country. All of us have to learn that politics shouldn't be a thing for the elite class alone.
Satisfactory?

5 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Tataffo: 4:23pm On Dec 07, 2022
The "neutrals and fence -sitters" only attack one condidate,guess who?

7 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Theflint1(m): 4:26pm On Dec 07, 2022
OasisX:

cheesy

Na jeje I dey my corner, yet you dey fire me bazooka.... LOL!

Mi o ni so nkankan.
lol...oya no vess grin

Mi o ni so nkankan

1 Like 1 Share

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by diggz: 4:30pm On Dec 07, 2022
Donjazet2:

For instance, if you are in the US, it's almost like a civic responsibility that you are actively involved in the democratic process.

You join a party that aligns with your ideals and vision for the party. You register with that party, you partake in the primary process. Unlike what we have here where our primaries were determined by the same corrupt elite, where party form is even out of reach to the average person.
There it is the average person that votes to select who will represent the party, you don't just stop there, you volunteer your time and resources in canvassing for the candidate who you support.
In many advanced democracies, politics is not a means to an end like we have here, where the motivation is to earn money, politics is transient for a lot of them, one where once you serve finish, you return to private life or your career.

So in summary, yes, I joined a party for the first time to be part of the movement that changes the country. All of us have to learn that politics shouldn't be a thing for the elite class alone.
Satisfactory?

Excellent! We've made progress from 2 years ago, so no need for long talk again. By December 2026, I will mention you here to ask hafa by the grace of God.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Donjazet2: 4:30pm On Dec 07, 2022
Tataffo:
The "neutrals and fence -sitters" only attack one condidate,guess who?

This picture has always been true. There's a saying on Twitter, Once you hear neutral, check pocket, na corn dey inside. cheesy

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Donjazet2: 4:32pm On Dec 07, 2022
diggz:

Excellent! No need for long talk again. By December 2026, I will mention you here ask hafa by the grace of God.

Amen!
But somehow you still did not answer my question while I have been giving embellished answers.

WHAT SHOULD NIGERIANS DO TO STEM THE BLEEDING OF THE COUNTRY?

4 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by diggz: 4:35pm On Dec 07, 2022
Donjazet2:

Amen!
But somehow you still did not answer my question while I have been giving embellished answers.

You have answered your question yourself bros.

Donjazet2:

So in summary, yes, I joined a party for the first time to be part of the movement that changes the country. All of us have to learn that politics shouldn't be a thing for the elite class alone. Satisfactory?

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Donjazet2: 4:39pm On Dec 07, 2022
diggz:

You have answered your question yourself bros.

So in other words, you accept that my path is actually the best path?

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Tataffo: 4:41pm On Dec 07, 2022
Donjazet2:

Amen!

Vote APC again after buhari disasterclass and reward them with another tenure because all politicians are the same,obi is not a saint which means we should vote the old,sick and "experienced" thieves and other dumb takes...

2 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by diggz: 4:42pm On Dec 07, 2022
Donjazet2:

So in other words, you accept that my path is actually the best path?

I told you this thing 2years ago. You only joined a party this year. You being interested in politics and joining a party is a start. Anything else I no sabi.

(1) (2) (3) ... (962) (963) (964) (965) (966) (967) (968) ... (4841) (Reply)

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 / Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion

Viewing this topic: CAPdan21(m), seankafor(m), chidekings(m), Theflint1(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.