Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,304 members, 7,811,898 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:41 PM

When Bricklayers Parade Themselves As Engineers - Career (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / When Bricklayers Parade Themselves As Engineers (41381 Views)

Anambra Fire Service: Graduation Parade Of Fresh Intakes (Pictures & Video) / Parade By Boys Of Nigerian Military School Zaria Goes Viral / Thread For Mechanical Engineers... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: When Bricklayers Parade Themselves As Engineers by GodsOwn2004(m): 11:54pm On Jun 20, 2022
Thanks for enlightening this @Emusan_the Builder cum Engineer guy.

dammyllare:

Smiles, what ignorance...
Alright, let me school you.

1. Environmental Engineering

2. Geotechnical Engineering

3. Transportation Engineering

4. Structural Engineering

5. Water resources Engineering

6. Materials Engineering

7. Construction and management engineering.

There is still more but I will leave you to your ignorance and read up to avoid public shame next time.

Note, survey is also a specialization under civil engineering
Re: When Bricklayers Parade Themselves As Engineers by Holyness123: 12:25am On Jun 21, 2022
ambient:
Hahahahahaha,I can relate,I remember when my husband wanted to add a security house to the main house the person supplying the blocks literally took a plain sheet to draw up the building plan,my husband was wowed...he didn't even factor in the position of the house,he even suggested it should be built on the soak away.quite hilarious episode.

everybody don sabi everything for your house...
talk talk talk everythin about your pikin for facebook, … tiktok, everythng secret about.. ..... family...husband……… you just dey blow everything open for social media..... na wa oo....hmmm.
Re: When Bricklayers Parade Themselves As Engineers by dragunov: 3:39am On Jun 21, 2022
irunoko:
werey feeling important grin

Sorry to burst your bubble irunoko is not going anywhere.shes not even leaving NL for you as you so dream of.its not happening tongue so get used to seeing this moniker for a long time tongue if E pain you,go and commit suicide grin tongue tongue

Filthy moniker, filthy owner! Hanti Filthayo.
Re: When Bricklayers Parade Themselves As Engineers by ambient: 6:47am On Jun 21, 2022
Holyness123

Lol I am very surprise I actually give you sleepless night because of things I say, really so you are this angry hahahhah,I would need to step up my writing so you can be able to hang yourself,keep following me like the minion you are alot of details to make you voluntarily off yourself coming up.

The day you use the unfollow button is the day you die,you and your family are meant to be followers so don't let them down.
Re: When Bricklayers Parade Themselves As Engineers by Nobody: 9:09am On Jun 21, 2022
Holluwatarhyor:
there is architectural drawing and there is structural drawing

All these Engineers on this forum, they will not come out when its time for practical. angry

1 Like

Re: When Bricklayers Parade Themselves As Engineers by Holluwatarhyor(m): 9:16am On Jun 21, 2022
quentin06:

All these Engineers on this forum, they will not come out when its time for practical. angry
Do you need an engineer?
Re: When Bricklayers Parade Themselves As Engineers by Nobody: 9:19am On Jun 21, 2022
Holluwatarhyor:
Do you need an engineer?

No.
Re: When Bricklayers Parade Themselves As Engineers by irunoko(m): 10:50am On Jun 21, 2022
dragunov:

Filthy moniker, filthy owner! Hanti Filthayo.
Pele o.i get baf.make I go bring am so you fit cry inside grin tongue tongue
Re: When Bricklayers Parade Themselves As Engineers by Emusan(m): 12:08pm On Jun 21, 2022
dammyllare:
Smiles, what ignorance...
Alright, let me school you.

1. Environmental Engineering

2. Geotechnical Engineering

3. Transportation Engineering

4. Structural Engineering

5. Water resources Engineering

6. Materials Engineering

7. Construction and management engineering.

Thanks for the enlightenment, I never claimed I have all the world's knowledge.

There is still more but I will leave you to your ignorance and read up to avoid public shame next time.

Evidently you just want to massage your ego.

Note, survey is also a specialization under civil engineering

It's obvious you didn't get my initial point.
Re: When Bricklayers Parade Themselves As Engineers by Emusan(m): 12:10pm On Jun 21, 2022
GodsOwn2004:

Thanks for enlightening this @Emusan_the Builder cum Engineer guy.

And I appreciate his enlightenment!

But it's obvious you and him don't understand my initial point.
Re: When Bricklayers Parade Themselves As Engineers by dragunov: 1:17pm On Jun 21, 2022
irunoko:
Pele o.i get baf.make I go bring am so you fit cry inside grin tongue tongue

Hanti Filthayo! grin grin grin grin
Re: When Bricklayers Parade Themselves As Engineers by irunoko(m): 1:47pm On Jun 21, 2022
dragunov:

Hanti Filthayo! grin grin grin grin
broda ode grin tongue
Re: When Bricklayers Parade Themselves As Engineers by hakeem4(m): 4:25pm On Jun 21, 2022
Emusan:

A Builder is also an Engineer

That's why the course of study is named in some institutions as "BUILDING ENGINEERING"
but doesn’t make a builder an engineer. A builder is someone who studied building technology and not an engineer
Re: When Bricklayers Parade Themselves As Engineers by dammyllare(m): 5:28pm On Jun 21, 2022
Emusan:

Thanks for the enlightenment, I never claimed I have all the world's knowledge.

Evidently you just want to massage your ego.

It's obvious you didn't get my initial point.

No one is an island of knowledge but it is wrong to state or boast of one's lack of knowledge when you can easily listen, ask questions and learn from others who are better enlightened on such field.
Re: When Bricklayers Parade Themselves As Engineers by dammyllare(m): 5:34pm On Jun 21, 2022
Emusan:

A Builder is also an Engineer

That's why the course of study is named in some institutions as "BUILDING ENGINEERING"

A builder is also not an engineer, he is a technologist and his work is better suited to interpretation of drawing, executing construction projects but not designing, surveying or sealing/stamping of authorised structures.

A builder can do some of the functions of a structural engineer but not total functions or that of a civil engineer.

It is good to have some knowledge of individual's role
Re: When Bricklayers Parade Themselves As Engineers by juman(m): 12:31pm On Jun 22, 2022
I have seen where they chased water away and they built story building on that poto poto land.

So if the house collapse people would be pitying the occupants.

I can never live in such house even if they pay me for that.

I wonder why government allowed it
Re: When Bricklayers Parade Themselves As Engineers by Hamachi(f): 11:32am On Jun 30, 2022
Holluwatarhyor:
Do we even know there's something called soil test before construction of a building,especially high rise buildings..

You need to assess the suitability of the soil for your construction project with vital data for informed decision making and planning. The quality of the soil on your site plays a key role in your construction projects.

But once a bricklayer tells you he's experienced,you are in,even it has to be a three storey building.....
A quick question, what could cause the reason for water staining the wall as the picture uploaded?

What's the solution to such problem?

I learnt TopShield is good for such.

Kindly advise me
Re: When Bricklayers Parade Themselves As Engineers by Hamachi(f): 12:12pm On Jun 30, 2022
grin
highbee02:
A truck driver (tipper) once called himself a CONTRACTOR. This was because he had some engineers who were patronizing him.
Re: When Bricklayers Parade Themselves As Engineers by Holluwatarhyor(m): 12:41pm On Jun 30, 2022
Hamachi:
A quick question, what could cause the reason for water staining the wall as the picture uploaded?

What's the solution to such problem?

I learnt TopShield is good for such.

Kindly advise me
they are usually caused by leakage in plumbing works ..........find and fix the leakage

2 Likes

Re: When Bricklayers Parade Themselves As Engineers by Hamachi(f): 2:39pm On Jun 30, 2022
Holluwatarhyor:
they are usually caused by leakage in plumbing works ..........find and fix the leakage
Thank you sir, even from the roof end
Re: When Bricklayers Parade Themselves As Engineers by Holluwatarhyor(m): 4:05pm On Jun 30, 2022
Hamachi:
Thank you sir, even from the roof end
that's definitely roof leakage,there are times you need to check your roofing for leakages.....some roofs do leak,but since water is not dropping down into the house from the ceiling,we tend to manage it

2 Likes

Re: When Bricklayers Parade Themselves As Engineers by Hamachi(f): 6:18pm On Jul 02, 2022
Holluwatarhyor:
that's definitely roof leakage,there are times you need to check your roofing for leakages.....some roofs do leak,but since water is not dropping down into the house from the ceiling,we tend to manage it
Manage ke?
Re: When Bricklayers Parade Themselves As Engineers by Hamachi(f): 7:31am On Jul 16, 2022
Holluwatarhyor:
Dear Sir,

Please what could be the cause of the picture attached and possible solution.

Thank you for your anticipated response

Re: When Bricklayers Parade Themselves As Engineers by Holluwatarhyor(m): 9:19am On Jul 16, 2022
Hamachi:

Dear Sir,

Please what could be the cause of the picture attached and possible solution.

Thank you for your anticipated response
Is this just a decking or has a house on top
Re: When Bricklayers Parade Themselves As Engineers by Hamachi(f): 2:35pm On Jul 16, 2022
Holluwatarhyor:
Is this just a decking or has a house on top
decking
Re: When Bricklayers Parade Themselves As Engineers by Holluwatarhyor(m): 2:56pm On Jul 16, 2022
Hamachi:
decking
There's a crack at the top of the decking that needs renovation

1 Like

Re: When Bricklayers Parade Themselves As Engineers by Hamachi(f): 2:57pm On Jul 16, 2022
Holluwatarhyor:
There's a crack at the top of the decking that needs renovation
What would you suggest?
Re: When Bricklayers Parade Themselves As Engineers by Holluwatarhyor(m): 3:02pm On Jul 16, 2022
Hamachi:
What would you suggest?
Go to the top and check the spots that are cracked and fill them with concrete,if you start another flooring,it'll be expensive

1 Like

Re: When Bricklayers Parade Themselves As Engineers by Hamachi(f): 6:02pm On Jul 16, 2022
Holluwatarhyor:
Go to the top and check the spots that are cracked and fill them with concrete,if you start another flooring,it'll be expensive
What's your thoughts on using TOP SHIELD?
Re: When Bricklayers Parade Themselves As Engineers by Holluwatarhyor(m): 10:36pm On Jul 16, 2022
Hamachi:
What's your thoughts on using TOP SHIELD?
I suggest that you use water proof chemical.

First you have to clean the roof surface with wire brush. Then wet the surface by water. Then apply waterproof coat (chemical+cement). It is a simple way.

I don't really know about top shield,though i do hear of it,but if it's a good chemical,you can use it

1 Like

Re: When Bricklayers Parade Themselves As Engineers by Hamachi(f): 5:26am On Jul 17, 2022
Holluwatarhyor:
I suggest that you use water proof chemical.

First you have to clean the roof surface with wire brush. Then wet the surface by water. Then apply waterproof coat (chemical+cement). It is a simple way.

I don't really know about top shield,though i do hear of it,but if it's a good chemical,you can use it
please do you know anyone that xan do it. I am based in Ogun
Re: When Bricklayers Parade Themselves As Engineers by Holluwatarhyor(m): 6:45am On Jul 17, 2022
Hamachi:
please do you know anyone that xan do it. I am based in Ogun
where in ogun

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Lady Cleans Makeup Off The Faces Of Ladies Who Offered Her N1.5k After Service / Dangote Cement Sacks 3000 Staff Without Notice, Due Process - Sahara Reporters / Nigeria’s First Women In Various Professions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.