Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,121 members, 7,957,190 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 08:44 AM

Ooni Blasts Tinubu Over Derogatory Comments On Yoruba Obas - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ooni Blasts Tinubu Over Derogatory Comments On Yoruba Obas (5185 Views)

NBC Gives Arise TV Final Warning Over Use Of Derogatory Remarks / Peter Obi Replies Tinubu Over 'Derogatory' Remark / Calling Uzodinma ‘Supreme Court Governor’ Is Derogatory – Imo Elders Warn (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ooni Blasts Tinubu Over Derogatory Comments On Yoruba Obas by Adexxi(m): 1:57pm On Jun 20, 2022
Ooni palace was attacked Must lie to justify your write-up . There is no one , I mean human or spirit who can dare that , you even said he went to seek refuge at Oba Wara palace . Mumu buruku embarassed you thought Ooni is like your regular village king.
ejimatic:
. Kabiyesi Onirisa
Oba Sijuwade was NPN and later PDP He became king in 1980 .It was Awolowo who told Bola Ige to crown him regardless of Party differences. Baba used his party membership to win national and federal influences. Asiwaju was in UPN AD ACN and now in APC. There was a conflict of politics between Asiwaju and Oba Sijuwade then just as it was btween the Kabiyesi and Bisi Akande On Abiola saga, many Nigerians especially the Awosits believed Oba Sijuwade had a tussle with Abiola and he was not POSSIBLY supporting him. .There was even a time Oba Sijuwade palace was attacked by OAU students .Kabiyesi had to seek safety at Iwara in the palace of Oba Adewale Kaseem for a month. Truly many Obas in Nigeria and some Yorubas contributed to the stillbirth of June 12. by collecting money from Abaacha Now the present Oni of Ife was enthroned by APC. The reference to Oba Sijuwade utterance holds no water again as Yoruba Obas are behind Tinubu including Oba Ogunwusi.
Re: Ooni Blasts Tinubu Over Derogatory Comments On Yoruba Obas by Gozac: 1:58pm On Jun 20, 2022
aribisala0:
Oba of Lagos with Tinubu's son
By the time Tinubu wins, he will be ruling by proxy through his son Seyi.
He will be running things just as PMB'S kinsmen aka cabals are running the show today.
BAT will surely empower and develop SW just as PMB did in Daura
He will do better than PMB though not much
He will come down heavily on his enemies especially those that worked against his ambition.
Many heads will roll in APC, he will hold the party firmly in his palm
The mistake he may likely make is by trying to scheme Igbos out of governance, then the masses will suffer as we are doing now since Igbos businesses are mostly related to the masses due to their dominance in trading
As for winning the elections Tinubu has 60 percent chance of winning, will most likely win unless there is conspiracy among his northern contacts and northern governors
Re: Ooni Blasts Tinubu Over Derogatory Comments On Yoruba Obas by Gozac: 2:05pm On Jun 20, 2022
aribisala0:
The Tinubu project is dead on arrival. It will not happen
Anyone can come out and claim to know some imaginary facts that are top secret that no one else know.

Tinubu is on record of insulting Yoruba Obas publicly because he holds them in contempt
They have forgiven him long time ago, Yorubas are very forgiving people unlike SE and SS, they take tribal or regional interest above any personal interest
Didn't you listen to Amosun's and Fayemi's speech before stepping down for BAT during the primary election?
Tinubu will get more than 80 percent votes cast in SW.
Re: Ooni Blasts Tinubu Over Derogatory Comments On Yoruba Obas by Lanretoye(m): 2:17pm On Jun 20, 2022
Fira09:

And you lack common sense ,

People like you at times suppose to be in the hospital for mental check up undecided undecided
all the elders in your house should be queued up for mental checkeup before you kids are inflicted with hereditary madness.
Re: Ooni Blasts Tinubu Over Derogatory Comments On Yoruba Obas by Sunmolar(m): 2:19pm On Jun 20, 2022
They should help us put it right in place again pls abeg.
Re: Ooni Blasts Tinubu Over Derogatory Comments On Yoruba Obas by ejimatic: 2:22pm On Jun 20, 2022
Adexxi:
Ooni palace was attacked Must lie to justify your write-up . There is no one , I mean human or spirit who can dare that , you even said he went to seek refuge at Oba Wara palace . Mumu buruku embarassed you thought Ooni is like your regular village king.
. In 1993 you may ask people who know about it .Kabiyesi granted talked on NTA about the meeting
All First Class Obas held with Babangida concerning the annulment of June 12 .Emir and Sulan were there. Oni spoke on behalf of the Obas. Oba Sijuwade said ".....we reason with him on the matter"....The OAU students misinterpreted what he said to mean he was supprting the annulment. On the following day OAU students bombarded. Ooni palace. ...I am saying this to justify crisis that occured during June 12 crisis. Additionally. I am Yoruba in Osun State. .... I am here not to distort history or distrespect Oonirisa.. Baba Mi ......I said what occured then which those at Ife can butress!
Re: Ooni Blasts Tinubu Over Derogatory Comments On Yoruba Obas by Fira09(m): 2:26pm On Jun 20, 2022
Lanretoye:
all the elders in your house should be queued up for mental checkeup before you kids are inflicted with hereditary madness.

You are just lambasting rubbish talk, behaving like a child,inmature thing.

At least before you comment u think!

Amateur thing.
Re: Ooni Blasts Tinubu Over Derogatory Comments On Yoruba Obas by orisa37: 2:31pm On Jun 20, 2022
aribisala0:
We have not forgotten

THE Ooni of Ife, Oba Okunade Sijuwade, has responded to a statement credited to the national leader of the All Progressives Congress (APC), Senator Bola Tinubu, that “there were three good traditional rulers in Yorubaland,” saying it was the traditional rulers in the South West that held their subjects together, giving room for people like him (Tinubu) to actualise his political ambition.
Oba Sijuwade said this while addressing the audience at a two-day conference of foremost traditional rulers in Osun State on the overall development of the state, in Osogbo.
The traditional ruler said he had to express his protest over the statement credited to Tinubu on behalf of the majority of Yoruba rulers in Nigeria.
According to Oba Sijuwade, Tinubu had forgotten that “when our country was upside down, it was the traditional rulers in this country that saved the situation. If we left the country as politicians did, there would have been no state for the leader of APC to rule when he came back.
“Two among the three obas mentioned by him were the best friends of the late military head of state, General Sani Abacha and among them, one was on the paylist of the late General and one lifted crude oil allocated to him by General Abacha. You can ask them, Abacha gave me money on more than one occasion, but I refused.
“And if you want to talk of the annulment of late Chief M.K.O. Abiola’s election, these two/three traditional rulers should be properly investigated, because they were neither here nor there,” the traditional ruler said.
He also used the medium to caution political leaders against unguarded and unfounded statements which had to do with traditional rulers, to always be sure of their facts before going public.
“If any of our leaders wants to make a categorical statement on an important issue like the Oba in Yorubaland, he should please try to check records to know exactly what each one of them has done, because there is so much blackmailing and, fortunately, the late Abacha’s Chief Security Officer (CSO) is alive and he is in a position to tell the world the obas who were close associates of his late boss,” Oba Sijuwade added.
The two-day programme had in attendance, the governor of Osun State, Mr Rauf Aregbesola, his deputy, Mr Titilayo Laoye-Tomori, traditional rulers in the state as well the Alake of Egbaland, Oba (Dr) Aremu Gbadebo; the Olowo of Owo kingdom, Oba (Dr) Victor Folagbade Olateru-Olagbegi, who was represented by Dr Okajare Solomon.
In his presentation, Oba Olateru-Olagbegi preached unity among the obas, saying, “genuine unification of Yorubaland can bring back the much-cherished heritage of love, unity and solidarity of our forebearers.”
Speaking at the programme, Governor Aregbesola, who described the traditional rulers as custodians of culture, further enjoined them to ensure peace in their domains.
“Traditional rulers are powerful, reverred in Yorubaland and their subjects attest to this. Therefore, I urge you to use your influence in your various domains to ensure that peace reigns perpetually beyond election period,” he said.
Nigerian Tribune

EXCELLENT !!!

ORISAORUNTO SPEAKS.

FROM ORUNTO27.
Re: Ooni Blasts Tinubu Over Derogatory Comments On Yoruba Obas by orisa37: 2:46pm On Jun 20, 2022
aribisala0:
The story is several years fresh
Ooni accused Tinubu of running away whiles they stayed and fought for democracy
Nothing sensational about that

COOOOORECT.
Re: Ooni Blasts Tinubu Over Derogatory Comments On Yoruba Obas by juman(m): 2:52pm On Jun 20, 2022
Ooni sijuade was a bad king.
Re: Ooni Blasts Tinubu Over Derogatory Comments On Yoruba Obas by Adexxi(m): 2:54pm On Jun 20, 2022
I'm from ife and I school in that same OAU and I can't buttress your point till now . I'm not here to argue with you , I'm busy man . Social media has already give every man a power to say whatever they like . I doubt you know what they call Oonirisa.

Even at the height of Modakeke war , Ooni didn't leave palace or it vicinity , so na OAU students , ordinary students ooooo go make baba leave palace grin orisirisi eniyan undecided
ejimatic:
. In 1993 you may ask people who know about it .Kabiyesi granted talked on NTA about the meeting
All First Class Obas held with Babangida concerning the annulment of June 12 .Emir and Sulan were there. Oni spoke on behalf of the Obas. Oba Sijuwade said ".....we reason with him on the matter"....The OAU students misinterpreted what he said to mean he was supprting the annulment. On the following day OAU students bombarded. Ooni palace. ...I am saying this to justify crisis that occured during June 12 crisis. Additionally. I am Yoruba in Osun State. .... I am here not to distort history or distrespect Oonirisa.. Baba Mi ......I said what occured then which those at Ife can butress!
Re: Ooni Blasts Tinubu Over Derogatory Comments On Yoruba Obas by BBBricks: 2:54pm On Jun 20, 2022
Baba ogunde sang: Roonu oo! Yoruba Roonu oo!
Re: Ooni Blasts Tinubu Over Derogatory Comments On Yoruba Obas by ejimatic: 3:36pm On Jun 20, 2022
Adexxi:
I'm from ife and I school in that same OAU and I can't buttress your point till now . I'm not here to argue with you , I'm busy man . Social media has already give every man a power to say whatever they like . I doubt you know what they call Oonirisa.

Even at the height of Modakeke war , Ooni didn't leave palace or it vicinity , so na OAU students , ordinary students ooooo go make baba leave palace grin orisirisi eniyan undecided
. At your leisure listen to Ologundudu album after the anulment of June 12 He made references to this incident. and condemned the roles of Yoruba Obas then in the anulment.
Re: Ooni Blasts Tinubu Over Derogatory Comments On Yoruba Obas by Lanretoye(m): 3:38pm On Jun 20, 2022
Fira09:

You are just lambasting rubbish talk, behaving like a child,inmature thing.

At least before you comment u think!

Amateur thing.
your elder brothers at home immature things.omo ale jatijati.
Re: Ooni Blasts Tinubu Over Derogatory Comments On Yoruba Obas by Adexxi(m): 3:38pm On Jun 20, 2022
I do listen to him but he never mentioned anything relating this , left to you tell the world source of your information undecided Mo ti get baba grin
ejimatic:
. At your leisure listen to Ologundudu album after the anulment of June 12 He made refery to this incident
Re: Ooni Blasts Tinubu Over Derogatory Comments On Yoruba Obas by ejimatic: 3:46pm On Jun 20, 2022
Adexxi:
I do listen to him but he never mentioned anything relating this , left to you tell the world source of your information undecided Mo ti get baba grin
. I made reference to his album after June 12 anulment.. OAU activists like Adewale Soetan Sho Baba. Anthony Fashayo. Thony Fash etc would remember. This is for history only and an attempt to justify the crisis that followed June 12 annulment . No other string is attached.
Re: Ooni Blasts Tinubu Over Derogatory Comments On Yoruba Obas by Adexxi(m): 4:17pm On Jun 20, 2022
Nothing to back up your claim grin so I should be watching Ologundudu , Ologundudu ko ologuneru ni how many will I watch? Your claim is quite baseless . Even at the height of war , did the king seek refuge? Stop behaving like Oyo people again grin
We move sad
ejimatic:
. I made reference to his album after June 12 anulment.. OAU activists like Adewale Soetan Sho Baba. Anthony Fashayo. Thony Fash etc would remember. This is for history only and an attempt to justify the crisis that followed June 12 annulment . No other string is attached.
Re: Ooni Blasts Tinubu Over Derogatory Comments On Yoruba Obas by ejimatic: 4:24pm On Jun 20, 2022
Adexxi:
Nothing to back up your claim grin so I should be watching Ologundudu , Ologundudu ko ologuneru ni how many will I watch? Your claim is quite baseless . Even at the height of war , did the king seek refuge? Stop behaving like Oyo people again grin
We move sad
Your opinion appreciated and conclusion respected
Re: Ooni Blasts Tinubu Over Derogatory Comments On Yoruba Obas by aribisala0(m): 4:27pm On Jun 20, 2022
Gozac:

By the time Tinubu wins, he will be ruling by proxy through his son Seyi.
He will be running things just as PMB'S kinsmen aka cabals are running the show today.
BAT will surely empower and develop SW just as PMB did in Daura
He will do better than PMB though not much
He will come down heavily on his enemies especially those that worked against his ambition.
Many heads will roll in APC, he will hold the party firmly in his palm
The mistake he may likely make is by trying to scheme Igbos out of governance, then the masses will suffer as we are doing now since Igbos businesses are mostly related to the masses due to their dominance in trading
As for winning the elections Tinubu has 60 percent chance of winning, will most likely win unless there is conspiracy among his northern contacts and northern governors
There are many countries in the world without Eboes and they survive excellently

There is nothing special Eboes do in Nigeria economy besides importing and selling . They look so good because they have zero competition but in reality their business model is not good for the economy/consumers.
They are fragmented as traders and that means they cannot do mega deals e.g If you buy any piece of electronics from an Eboe trader he cannot offer a warranty because he does not have that kind of relationship with the manufacturer... too many small importers . No single major trading company whose CEO can sit down with the CEO of Toyota , Sony or Hyundai . They are good for themselves as single businessmen or traders but if Nigeria is to develop we need mega trading companies that can do big deals when importing , get major discounts and bring manufacturing home.

1 Like

Re: Ooni Blasts Tinubu Over Derogatory Comments On Yoruba Obas by Gozac: 4:44pm On Jun 20, 2022
aribisala0:
There are many countries in the world without Eboes and they survive excellently

There is nothing special Eboes do in Nigeria economy besides importing and selling . They look so good because they have zero competition but in reality their business model is not good for the economy/consumers.
They are fragmented as traders and that means they cannot do mega deals e.g If you buy any piece of electronics from an Eboe trader he cannot offer a warranty because he does not have that kind of relationship with the manufacturer... too many small importers . No single major trading company whose CEO can sit down with the CEO of Toyota , Sony or Hyundai . They are good for themselves as single businessmen or traders but if Nigeria is to develop we need mega trading companies that can do big deals when importing , get major discounts and bring manufacturing home.
You just derailed in your reply to the comments. What I mean is that any policy affecting their business so dearly will affect the masses at the end of the day since their business deals directly with the masses
No matter how despise the Igbos they still control trading in Nigeria for now
Nigeria will take a long time to reach the mega trading thing you are talking about that deal directly with the masses
Re: Ooni Blasts Tinubu Over Derogatory Comments On Yoruba Obas by aribisala0(m): 4:49pm On Jun 20, 2022
Gozac:

You just derailed in your reply to the comments. What I mean is that any policy affecting their business so dearly will affect the masses at the end of the day since their business deals directly with the masses
No matter how despise the Igbos they still control trading in Nigeria for now
So learn to live with it
I am telling you that they are easily replaceable. They do not bring anything special to the table besides buying and selling and Nigerians are not getting the best products or standard from them.
Often they import substandard stuff.
In the 1970s there were many Lebanese and indian trading companies that were squeezed out by the indigenization decree and they offered much better deals . If the Eboes continue the same business model eventually they will be edged out because the most sectors need 3 or 4 major players not hundreds of small players importing 4-10 containers a year. The CEO of Sony or Samsung will not sit down with such players
Your assumption that they will control trading is misplaced.

In specific sectors it is easy to shut them down completely. A very obvious one is electronics in Lagos State.

The state government can shut them down completely with trading standards and customer rights legislation but no need to get ahead of ourselves the film will be very entertaining

The next one is pharmaceutics in Lagos State again very easy to shut down and squeeze out those players with legislation and regulations
Ditto building materials.
Lagos state is well within its rights to issue licences to spare parts dealer and conversely to refuse to issue licenses without explanation
Re: Ooni Blasts Tinubu Over Derogatory Comments On Yoruba Obas by Peacecore: 4:56pm On Jun 20, 2022
Ife don get two Ooni or dem don change am.
Abeg make una clear me...
Re: Ooni Blasts Tinubu Over Derogatory Comments On Yoruba Obas by Nobody: 5:42am On Jul 14, 2022
aribisala0:

that is where you made a junk statement. Indonesia and the Asian tigers how did they start? As small businesses, you think you can jump start your economy by looking for mega deals when as it stands you country financial indices is shit. Oga go and rest with this your beer parlour economics.
Re: Ooni Blasts Tinubu Over Derogatory Comments On Yoruba Obas by Nobody: 5:48am On Jul 14, 2022
aribisala0:
I am telling you that they are easily replaceable. They do not bring anything special to the table besides buying and selling and Nigerians are not getting the best products or standard from them.
Often they import substandard stuff.
In the 1970s there were many Lebanese and indian trading companies that were squeezed out by the indigenization decree and they offered much better deals . If the Eboes continue the same business model eventually they will be edged out because the most sectors need 3 or 4 major players not hundreds of small players importing 4-10 containers a year. The CEO of Sony or Samsung will not sit down with such players
Your assumption that they will control trading is misplaced.

In specific sectors it is easy to shut them down completely. A very obvious one is electronics in Lagos State.

The state government can shut them down completely with trading standards and customer rights legislation but no need to get ahead of ourselves the film will be very entertaining

The next one is pharmaceutics in Lagos State again very easy to shut down and squeeze out those players with legislation and regulations
Ditto building materials.
Lagos state is well within its rights to issue licences to spare parts dealer and conversely to refuse to issue licenses without explanation

You are really not smart with this epistle you just typed. there is nothing illegal that the igbos are doing even in China you have small businesses that sell unbranded electronics or even manufacture them. if you decide to attack igbo businesses you shoot yourself in the foot because you send signals that you don't want a free market which in the long run will discourage the big deal investors you are looking for. and what makes you think that igbos have not started foraging into big deals? Ebeano, Polystar, Blemco and Hubmart are all igbo owned. There is also Slot that is igbo owned. Oga igbos are agile and can adapt my advice is stop being naive and short sighted in thinking.

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Am Now Fully Convinced That Peter Obi Is Working For Tinubu / See How Redeem Members Celebrate Tinubu's Victory Inside Redemption Camp / Benue Government Yet To Take Any Loan - Governor Alia Counters The Punch

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.