Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,685 members, 7,813,274 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 10:01 AM

Benue Government Yet To Take Any Loan - Governor Alia Counters The Punch - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Benue Government Yet To Take Any Loan - Governor Alia Counters The Punch (4893 Views)

"Insecurity": Benue Government Bans All Inter, Intra Political Gatherings / Benue Government Uncovers 2,500 Ghost Workers / #EndSARS Activists: Government Yet To Unfreeze Our Bank Accounts Since Oct 2020 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Benue Government Yet To Take Any Loan - Governor Alia Counters The Punch by phylshan: 6:12pm On Mar 31
THE GOVERNMENT OF REV. FR. ALIA HAS NOT BORROWED ANY MONEY SINCE INAUGURATION IN MAY 2023.

We read a report in the Punch Newspaper of Sunday, March 31st, 2024, wherein the reporter alleged that, 13 new State Governors, including Benue, collectively borrowed N226.8bn from both domestic and external financiers, between the period of June and December, 2023.

The analysis according to the reporter, is based on the latest sub-national debt reports released by the Debts Management Office (DMO).

We want to state emphatically that, the government of Rev.Fr. Alia has not borrowed any money from either Domestic or External sources.

All debts mentioned in the said report were incurred before the Governor Hyacinth Alia led administration took over on May 29th, 2023.

Let it be known that the government of Rev. Fr. Hyacinth Alia is skeptical of borrowings, and will only do so when and if it becomes necessary and it is in the interest of the Benue people, especially to fund critical projects.

We challenge the Punch Newspaper reporter to be more investigative in his reports, providing accurate facts, which is a key component of journalism practice.
Sir Tersoo Kula (MNIPR),
Chief Press Secretary to the Governor of Benue State.
https://www.facebook.com/100000207774944/posts/pfbid0TWuF9FXEUSNZccwXktAXxjbkDETBXPBCD8Kvk63DPjN8rLaQDAecpwQySoqyLT8Nl/?app=fbl

7 Likes

Re: Benue Government Yet To Take Any Loan - Governor Alia Counters The Punch by phylshan: 6:26pm On Mar 31
One wonders why the Punch had to include Benue State in the list, and why they end made Benue number one on the list when the State has not taken any loan since assumption of office.

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Benue Government Yet To Take Any Loan - Governor Alia Counters The Punch by Oxb90: 6:44pm On Mar 31
Let's wait till tomorrow

1 Like

Re: Benue Government Yet To Take Any Loan - Governor Alia Counters The Punch by Divinerace(m): 9:03pm On Mar 31
Talk is cheap.

So everybody must talk
Re: Benue Government Yet To Take Any Loan - Governor Alia Counters The Punch by SoNature(m): 6:39am On Apr 01
Padre, thank you for clarifying this. We know that Ortom borrowed a lot of money and did nothing in return.

Please borrow money to empower your people and form a security network to chase the herders out of your land. Those guys kill your people as though they don't have a leader. More importantly, have a clearcut repayment plan.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Benue Government Yet To Take Any Loan - Governor Alia Counters The Punch by omoredia: 6:39am On Apr 01
All these hungry journalists have now turned hungry bloggers that spew only lies, propaganda and misinformation

17 Likes

Re: Benue Government Yet To Take Any Loan - Governor Alia Counters The Punch by Ekakamba: 6:39am On Apr 01

Dem go soon take. State governors in Nigeria are just 🤭

Yet to.
Will not.

grin tongue

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Benue Government Yet To Take Any Loan - Governor Alia Counters The Punch by Umueme: 6:40am On Apr 01
Ok

Seems this current crop of governors are against borrowing. Nice one. From Abia to Anambra and Benue. That is the way to go. Except stealing and corruption, money taxed on public transporters in a single day in individual states is alone to initiate worthwhile projects for the betterment of the masses. But no, watch them loot them dry. Wicked politicians

2 Likes

Re: Benue Government Yet To Take Any Loan - Governor Alia Counters The Punch by SoNature(m): 6:41am On Apr 01
phylshan:
One wonders why the Punch had to include Benue State in the list, and why they end made Benue number one on the list when the State has not taken any loan since assumption of office.

Stop rushing to comment if you cannot read the article. If you cannot read an article before sharing your thoughts on it, you have no locus standi to expect others to read your comment.

1 Like

Re: Benue Government Yet To Take Any Loan - Governor Alia Counters The Punch by BarrElChapo(m): 6:42am On Apr 01
I think no loans is the new mantra of these governors 😂😂😂😂

2 Likes

Re: Benue Government Yet To Take Any Loan - Governor Alia Counters The Punch by Jones4190(m): 6:44am On Apr 01
Alia is far better than otti, everything is working in Benue state

12 Likes

Re: Benue Government Yet To Take Any Loan - Governor Alia Counters The Punch by YourGFsnatcher: 6:47am On Apr 01
Just work abeg. All these media brouhaha doesn't interest us again

1 Like

Re: Benue Government Yet To Take Any Loan - Governor Alia Counters The Punch by ivolt: 6:55am On Apr 01
Umueme:
Ok

Seems this current crop of governors are against borrowing. Nice one. From Abia to Anambra and Benue. That is the way to go. Except stealing and corruption, money taxed on public transporters in a single day in individual states is alone to initiate worthwhile projects for the betterment of the masses. But no, watch them loot them dry. Wicked politicians
Don't be deceived.
None of the governors are against borrowing and they will all borrow in the end.

As to tax from public transporters being substantial, that seems like a joke to me.
It is war collecting such paltry tax in the first place.
Re: Benue Government Yet To Take Any Loan - Governor Alia Counters The Punch by Iseoluwani: 6:56am On Apr 01
grin

Good Padre.

but in all honesty , a businessman borrows.

Just borrow for a project that will being back its dividend, not project that will be redundant

1 Like

Re: Benue Government Yet To Take Any Loan - Governor Alia Counters The Punch by Ohibenemma(m): 7:12am On Apr 01
I'm happy that many of the current governing class are against unnecessary borrowing. When necessary, it's not a bad thing to borrow; but for many Governors, borrowing irresponsibly used to be the thing. Even worse was how they'd end up looting the borrowed funds for themselves and their cronies.

1 Like

Re: Benue Government Yet To Take Any Loan - Governor Alia Counters The Punch by Umueme: 7:17am On Apr 01
ivolt:

Don't be deceived.
None of the governors are against borrowing and they will all borrow in the end.

As to tax from public transporters being substantial, that seems like a joke to me.
It is war collecting such paltry tax in the first place.
I had Aba in mind saying that. There are more than 10,000 tricycle operators in Aba last time I checked. The pay more than 100 naira daily. This is more than 10m in a day. I have not included buses, trailers and tankers. Are they're are bountiful in Aba. Now imagine igr from companies like Gzi, glass force etc. Govts should have to borrow only to implement major projects.

This is my personal opinion though

1 Like

Re: Benue Government Yet To Take Any Loan - Governor Alia Counters The Punch by Riskymarvelous(m): 7:38am On Apr 01
Punch news headed by APC supporters
Re: Benue Government Yet To Take Any Loan - Governor Alia Counters The Punch by Lionize: 8:22am On Apr 01
Umueme:

I had Aba in mind saying that. There are more than 10,000 tricycle operators in Aba last time I checked. The pay more than 100 naira daily. This is more than 10m in a day. I have not included buses, trailers and tankers. Are they're are bountiful in Aba. Now imagine igr from companies like Gzi, glass force etc. Govts should have to borrow only to implement major projects.
This is my personal opinion though

1m, not 10m.
Re: Benue Government Yet To Take Any Loan - Governor Alia Counters The Punch by IfnobeGod20: 8:30am On Apr 01
Jones4190:
Alia is far better than otti, everything is working in Benue state
Your yardstick?
Re: Benue Government Yet To Take Any Loan - Governor Alia Counters The Punch by Umueme: 8:36am On Apr 01
Lionize:

1m, not 10m.
Yea, my bad 👌
Re: Benue Government Yet To Take Any Loan - Governor Alia Counters The Punch by IfnobeGod20: 8:39am On Apr 01
phylshan:
Same with Abia why the governor had come out to say since his assumption of office he has not borrow Kobo https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&opi=89978449&url=https://www.nairaland.com/8045912/alex-otti-not-borrowed-dime&ved=2ahUKEwjP89H_yKCFAxUUUkEAHeSUAgQQFnoECBMQAQ&usg=AOvVaw0Kfa_fuunvEc_OEby42UB8
I don't know why such national newspaper will go just low to demean state governors relentlessly without iota of shame. Even states that have borrowed their hearts out they are not concern about them. Since the time of Tinubu, Lagos State governors had over borrowed and taxed beyond measure but I am taking aback that the development in the state is not commensurate with the borrowing and tax generated, lest the monthly accrual from the FG. Different channels of making money but minimal development and poverty ravaging yet the people.

1 Like

Re: Benue Government Yet To Take Any Loan - Governor Alia Counters The Punch by NinjaMetahuman: 8:48am On Apr 01
You already know the list by punch is absolutely fake when abia with close to 300 billion loan in 9 months is not on the list but benue is topping.

Bunch of clowns.

2 Likes

Re: Benue Government Yet To Take Any Loan - Governor Alia Counters The Punch by 99thEnemy(m): 9:01am On Apr 01
Samuel Ortom, the former Governor of Benue State, embezzled funds during his tenure. His administration failed to deliver any significant projects over the course of eight years. Under his leadership, the state accumulated all these loans, owed salaries, owing pensioners over 40 months of pension, teachers 2 years of salaries, and many other state parastatal employees unpaid for 14 months, 10 months, and so on. The lowest he attempted to pay was only 5 months (which was to the Benue Internal Revenue Service, BIRS).

He achieve nothing, I mean absolutely nothing.
He didn’t have a single notable project through his 8 years as Governor.

All these he passed to Governor Alia to inherit . Now governor Alia is trying to clear this shameful mess perpetrated by Ortom.

3 Likes

Re: Benue Government Yet To Take Any Loan - Governor Alia Counters The Punch by 99thEnemy(m): 9:27am On Apr 01
SoNature:

Stop rushing to comment if you cannot read the article. If you cannot read an article before sharing your thoughts on it, you have no locus standi to expect others to read your comment.
From your reply, are you sure you comprehended anything?

1 Like

Re: Benue Government Yet To Take Any Loan - Governor Alia Counters The Punch by kokoA(m): 9:32am On Apr 01
Governor Ortom is the worst thing that happened to Benue since the creation of the state, man just borrowed so much money and have nothing to show for it.

1 Like

Re: Benue Government Yet To Take Any Loan - Governor Alia Counters The Punch by FrancisIgya: 11:04am On Apr 01
Punch newspaper, no spoil Alia's name oo. Fada no be Orton.
Re: Benue Government Yet To Take Any Loan - Governor Alia Counters The Punch by AcadaWriter: 11:17am On Apr 01
Let's wait till tomorrow
Re: Benue Government Yet To Take Any Loan - Governor Alia Counters The Punch by Gbatse: 12:12pm On Apr 01
Stakeholders!!!!!!
Re: Benue Government Yet To Take Any Loan - Governor Alia Counters The Punch by AcrylicProperty(f): 3:11am On Apr 06
Is it still available?

(1) (Reply)

What If Zik Was Like Awolowo ? / Hillary Clinton Linked With Major Boko Haram Sponsor / Five Star Prisoners : Behold The Most Luxurious Prison In The World.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.