Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,939 members, 7,866,545 topics. Date: Thursday, 20 June 2024 at 07:35 PM

Come mingle with moi here @Naya - Dating And Meet-up Zone (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Dating And Meet-up Zone / Come mingle with moi here @Naya (17708 Views)

Strictly Abuja "Single" Guys & Ladies, Lets Mingle Here... / Come Mingle With Nayah Part 2 / Mingle With Owerri Connect- Imsu,futo,aice,imo Poly. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (24) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Come mingle with moi here @Naya by jaybee3(m): 12:04pm On Aug 04, 2011
Been busy all morning but here i am right on time for lunch cheesy cheesy grin grin
What's cooking this afternoon Nayah & Pendo?
Re: Come mingle with moi here @Naya by Nayah(f): 12:09pm On Aug 04, 2011
Jay bee we're in 2011 you can join women to cook too you know grin
Re: Come mingle with moi here @Naya by pendo89(f): 12:20pm On Aug 04, 2011
LOL Nayah

Its against African Traditions to ask a man to cook !

His work is to sit on the couch and wait for food!! grin grin till he acquires a pot belly

Today its microwaved food. We eat radiation!

The cameroonian beauty is natural and elegant. The tz dress? no no. she looks pretty though.

I love african beauty
Re: Come mingle with moi here @Naya by Nayah(f): 12:24pm On Aug 04, 2011
heheheh Pendo nice one " pot belly"
Yes I told you even though Nigerian and Cameroonian share border w'ere quite different in terms of looks
lol My Tz sisters are hot too lol for their looks heheh

Yes African beauty is very shiny hope another woman will win Miss World or Unverse could be very good!
Re: Come mingle with moi here @Naya by jaybee3(m): 12:24pm On Aug 04, 2011
Thanks for rescuing me Miss Pendo kiss
Re: Come mingle with moi here @Naya by Nayah(f): 12:27pm On Aug 04, 2011
Sure you've seen a ironic tone in her answer Jay bee grin
Re: Come mingle with moi here @Naya by jaybee3(m): 1:12pm On Aug 04, 2011
She rescued me from ya pessimistic view grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Come mingle with moi here @Naya by Nayah(f): 1:33pm On Aug 04, 2011
Don't have any pessmisitic view just trying to be realistic grin grin grin
Re: Come mingle with moi here @Naya by jaybee3(m): 1:42pm On Aug 04, 2011
Reality and tradition don't usually go along though don't you think?
Re: Come mingle with moi here @Naya by Nayah(f): 1:47pm On Aug 04, 2011
Yes maybe you're right but traditions need to advance together with reality don't you think? wink
Re: Come mingle with moi here @Naya by jaybee3(m): 2:04pm On Aug 04, 2011
Tradition is a way of life. Tried and tested which means it works most of the time
Reality is good but it leaves room for one being overly sceptical which in turn makes chances a lil scarce and risk almost non existent
Re: Come mingle with moi here @Naya by Nayah(f): 2:16pm On Aug 04, 2011
Jay bee people usually want traditions to be unflexible, while life and by extension reality is perpetually moving
Re: Come mingle with moi here @Naya by jaybee3(m): 2:20pm On Aug 04, 2011
I agree to people wanting it to be flexible but definitely not with the case we are on about.
Men can help in the Kitchen but women should be expected to do majority of the cooking.
It's the same with the tradition of men generally being the provider and head of the household bla bla bla.
Re: Come mingle with moi here @Naya by pendo89(f): 2:36pm On Aug 04, 2011
Nayah I agree with JB.

Its good to know where tradition stops and where reality starts.
Re: Come mingle with moi here @Naya by Nayah(f): 2:41pm On Aug 04, 2011
Jay Bee; I will cook because I want my people eat what I'm cooking and NOT because of traditions you know what I mean? there's no LAW for that,just because things were been written by men most of time or else I've never seen anywhere a woman HAVE to cook, do you see the difference?

As for providing things by men you see nowadays that things have changed, here in Europe for example women are almost obliged to work both because they want a social life but also to help "putting" food on table, so that 's what I say tradition yes but reality's better
Re: Come mingle with moi here @Naya by pendo89(f): 3:21pm On Aug 04, 2011
Ok now I agree with you Nayah grin

You got a good point there.Things have changed and there's no law.We adjust to fit in with the lifestyle.

Some traditions have no space in our modern way of living. They work best in the village.

If you go to Rome you do as they do.
Re: Come mingle with moi here @Naya by Nayah(f): 3:38pm On Aug 04, 2011
Exactly, m dear but some brothers want us to live as if we were in these villages, in a positive connotation of course, love villages wink
Re: Come mingle with moi here @Naya by Nobody: 4:27pm On Aug 04, 2011
hmmmmm smiley smiley wink wink wink
Re: Come mingle with moi here @Naya by pendo89(f): 4:36pm On Aug 04, 2011
Its a case of balance Nayah.

Have you ever heard that you can take a man out of the village but not take the village out of the man?

It happens when you see people relieving themselves by the roadside or cooking using firewood in a city apartment.

I think it also depends on the individuals otherwise it can cause conflict and later the 2 famous words 'irreconciliable difffrences.'
Re: Come mingle with moi here @Naya by Nayah(f): 4:50pm On Aug 04, 2011
yes but the irritating thing is when they're alone they DO COOK but when a woman is around they quickly change saying that this is the "role" of the woman that's quite old fashion for me
Re: Come mingle with moi here @Naya by pendo89(f): 4:57pm On Aug 04, 2011
But when the spinster is alone she will pay her bills,fix her gadgets do everything around the house. she becomes an electrician,plumber,mechanic everything.

Now if I get a man in my life I dont expect to go on fixing gadgets and getting electric shocks in the process.

A woman is symbolical. When you see her you see nurturing,warmth ,food (lol) but true and all the other nice things.

Its something you cannot brush off. That why when the lady come into a bachelors life he changes to accomodate her.
Re: Come mingle with moi here @Naya by Nayah(f): 5:04pm On Aug 04, 2011
Pendo a woman is still a woman, in the sense she 's quite sensitive and have a sweet behaviour ( normally ) but life is always changing and we have to deal with that so that now roles and old fashion mentality sometimes are not in adequation with our times, don't get me wrong I'm not a feminist because I do not like extreme things but seriously I really want women to be more independant, even though they have take care of her family but please these cooking and roles things are different now

The best cook are men as a general rule grin
Re: Come mingle with moi here @Naya by Nobody: 5:07pm On Aug 04, 2011
just peeping. hello pendo kiss kiss kiss
Re: Come mingle with moi here @Naya by Nayah(f): 10:06am On Aug 05, 2011
Hello Pendo, Jay and Toba!
Re: Come mingle with moi here @Naya by pendo89(f): 10:12am On Aug 05, 2011
Hey Nayah
Good morning.
Re: Come mingle with moi here @Naya by Nayah(f): 10:13am On Aug 05, 2011
good morning my dear I've seen your replies from a thread in Romance section about "beggar" women things, you're a bit tough heheheh grin
Re: Come mingle with moi here @Naya by pendo89(f): 10:34am On Aug 05, 2011
Is it that thread that suffered 3rd NL war? where everybody came out with guns blazing?
It got soo hot all I could do was watch from the sidelines.
The reason I was helpless was cz I was an 'outcast' if you understand wht I mean.There was no way I could defend any of my claims, if I had no facts on what was happening there.
You had psyche!! grin
Re: Come mingle with moi here @Naya by Nayah(f): 10:39am On Aug 05, 2011
Yes I got you but it's insane this proportion to generalize, though I'm not directly involved in this, I think theses bashing Nigerian women it's quite common here, I mean how can someone can insult his sister of being a "slut" come on
Re: Come mingle with moi here @Naya by pendo89(f): 11:06am On Aug 05, 2011
I get dumbfounded at times.
Everyone comes out to defend his claims.But you know what? that is what makes the forum interesting.
The fights,the make-up,the insults everything. When you start dissecting a topic and analysing too deep it loses its message.
When you post, remeber people interpret it the way they want.The scientist wants evidence,the mathematician wants the statistics,the artists see the colour of the post, the font size and will make issue on why ur using purple and not black.
Some of us try to wear the op shoes and get all emotional and personal to the point of insulting.
I love all the madness so dont fret. grin
Re: Come mingle with moi here @Naya by Nayah(f): 11:11am On Aug 05, 2011
Exactly that's why I'm not insulting like this because everyone is here on NL and you have to bear it but whatever
Re: Come mingle with moi here @Naya by pendo89(f): 11:12am On Aug 05, 2011
Your profile pic nayah!!
WOW!! You look gorgeous and the DRESS and the HAIR lol. Thts gonna be my next hair style t grin grin
I love the african wear. It looks soo good on you.Lemmie guess.Is it dress down friday?
I know cz I at times drop all those formal suits on friday and go African or casual
Re: Come mingle with moi here @Naya by Nayah(f): 11:38am On Aug 05, 2011
Many thanks my dear for the compliment yes that was a friday evening, sometimes I wear some African outfit during summer and the week end
Anyway I shouldn't be able to do like our sister about rating my look
For haircut I'm sure this will suits you hun! grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (24) (Reply)

Nairalanders In Uyo / An Interview with KENNETH205, DONARIOK, VIZKIZ, MrDOjo & CUTEZT / Above 30 And Seeking A Spouse, Check This Out

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.