Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,358 members, 7,815,757 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:50 PM

2023: ‘Placeholder’ Has No Place In Our Constitution – INEC - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2023: ‘Placeholder’ Has No Place In Our Constitution – INEC (25594 Views)

Obi: Supreme Court Ignored Rigging, Forgery, That Isn't Part Of Our Constitution / Okowa, APC VP ‘placeholder’ Tell INEC Academic Certificates Missing / I Lost All My School Certificates - Kabir Ibrahim Masari, Tinubu’s Placeholder (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2023: ‘Placeholder’ Has No Place In Our Constitution – INEC by seunmsg(m): 7:06pm On Jun 20, 2022
“Political parties’ candidates have submitted names of associates to run with them, and that is the position of the law as at today and nothing has changed. For there to be a substitution of a candidate, the vice-presidential is candidate must write to INEC, with a sworn affidavit stating that he is withdrawing from the race within the time frame provided by the law. That’s the only way there can be a substitution of candidates.”

He still ended up confirming that Vice Presidential candidates can actually be replaced under the law within a specific timeframe. So, what’s the noise all about??

2 Likes

Re: 2023: ‘Placeholder’ Has No Place In Our Constitution – INEC by Mazisimonekpa(m): 7:06pm On Jun 20, 2022
Peter Obi failed to listen that there will be no election in Biafraland next year

Mazi Simon Ekpa
Re: 2023: ‘Placeholder’ Has No Place In Our Constitution – INEC by KanwuliaExtra: 7:06pm On Jun 20, 2022
Then disqualify the guilty parties! grin
Re: 2023: ‘Placeholder’ Has No Place In Our Constitution – INEC by Cloud007: 7:06pm On Jun 20, 2022
This guy isn't smart
Re: 2023: ‘Placeholder’ Has No Place In Our Constitution – INEC by Whisk(m): 7:06pm On Jun 20, 2022
The whole thing is ridiculous.
Re: 2023: ‘Placeholder’ Has No Place In Our Constitution – INEC by merits(m): 7:08pm On Jun 20, 2022
ArewaNorth:

https://dailytrust.com/2023-placeholder-has-no-place-in-our-constitution-inec

All na smoke,do we have a working law in this country?NO capital NO.

1 Like

Re: 2023: ‘Placeholder’ Has No Place In Our Constitution – INEC by lagosrd: 7:08pm On Jun 20, 2022
Better , tinubu man no go gree resign
Re: 2023: ‘Placeholder’ Has No Place In Our Constitution – INEC by bigtt76(f): 7:08pm On Jun 20, 2022

1 Like

Re: 2023: ‘Placeholder’ Has No Place In Our Constitution – INEC by muzzafar(m): 7:09pm On Jun 20, 2022
Over to you obidient day dreamers
Re: 2023: ‘Placeholder’ Has No Place In Our Constitution – INEC by Lionnation: 7:09pm On Jun 20, 2022
Kingkum:
This man talks too much, common sense should have let him know that candidates can be submitted but later substituted if he likes it not.

ok, what if the submitted person later step down that he is not interested in the post again, will the position be vacant? Take it easy and read to the end, the inec man also affirm what you said no cause for alarm

there will only be problem if the person initially submitted refuse to step down, that is where inec will come in, but as of now, the DEPENDENT NATIONAL ELECTORAL COMMISIOO should keep quiet.

i'm OBIdient
Re: 2023: ‘Placeholder’ Has No Place In Our Constitution – INEC by snoopz: 7:09pm On Jun 20, 2022
Untill inec create an act like unless the candidate is dead, APC will continue to explore all these loopholes
Re: 2023: ‘Placeholder’ Has No Place In Our Constitution – INEC by Sunisonflex39(m): 7:10pm On Jun 20, 2022
Pramaara01:
What do they mean by placeholder

Guy abeg watch this seat..my friend dey come sit-down here..

Na place holder

1 Like

Re: 2023: ‘Placeholder’ Has No Place In Our Constitution – INEC by Perfectbeing(m): 7:10pm On Jun 20, 2022
Peter Obi and Tinubu FC can't criticize each other since both of them are guilty of fronting "place holders" coupled with the fact that both of them presented a Christian-Christian ticket and moslim-muslim ticket respectively

2 Likes

Re: 2023: ‘Placeholder’ Has No Place In Our Constitution – INEC by Comedian2019: 7:10pm On Jun 20, 2022
Dem don scam Jagabad grin grin

1 Like

Re: 2023: ‘Placeholder’ Has No Place In Our Constitution – INEC by EfonAlaaye2023(m): 7:10pm On Jun 20, 2022
SensualMan1:
INEC should be prepared in announcing
Mr. Peter Obi as the President-elect.

Asiwaju Peter Obi
On your mandate Nigerians stand Gidigba!

what happened to the okwute Peter Obi or he needed Tinubu to get more political recognition
Re: 2023: ‘Placeholder’ Has No Place In Our Constitution – INEC by babyfaceafrica: 7:10pm On Jun 20, 2022
Political parties’ candidates have submitted names of associates to run with them, and that is the position of the law as at today and nothing has changed. For there to be a substitution of a candidate, the vice-presidential candidate must write to INEC, with a sworn affidavit stating that he is withdrawing from the race within the time frame provided by the law. That’s the only way there can be a substitution of candidates.”

He is saying nonsense, is the bolded not the same as space holder

2 Likes

Re: 2023: ‘Placeholder’ Has No Place In Our Constitution – INEC by Lionnation: 7:11pm On Jun 20, 2022
Kingkum:
This man talks too much, common sense should have let him know that candidates can be submitted but later substituted if he likes it not.

ok, what if the submitted person later step down that he is not interested in the post again, will the position be vacant?

there will only be problem if the person initially submitted refuse to step down, that is where inec will come in, but as of now, the DEPENDENT NATIONAL ELECTORAL COMMISIOO should keep quiet.

i'm OBIdient
Take it easy and read to the end, the inec man also affirm what you said no cause for alarm
The only problem is the title they chose, Inec only said they don't know the meaning of placeholder, but the VP candidate can be substituted, case close

1 Like

Re: 2023: ‘Placeholder’ Has No Place In Our Constitution – INEC by Nobody: 7:11pm On Jun 20, 2022
Wetin dix one dey talk ?
Re: 2023: ‘Placeholder’ Has No Place In Our Constitution – INEC by Grandkay21(m): 7:12pm On Jun 20, 2022
This one Don't have common sense, so if the person named as place Holder submit a withdrawal letter with affidavit ,won't Inec recongize it

1 Like

Re: 2023: ‘Placeholder’ Has No Place In Our Constitution – INEC by funshint(m): 7:13pm On Jun 20, 2022
Politicians are smarter than this...place holder wey don already sign withrawal letter and affidavit. Na to just put date give INEC remain.

2 Likes

Re: 2023: ‘Placeholder’ Has No Place In Our Constitution – INEC by Advocate500: 7:14pm On Jun 20, 2022
sotall:
grin

INEC is shaking tables grin grin

How will Doyin Okupe win the Northern votes OBIdiently? grin grin
lol ,Tinubu and bello will be the greatest joke of all time.
Re: 2023: ‘Placeholder’ Has No Place In Our Constitution – INEC by juman(m): 7:14pm On Jun 20, 2022
buckeyemedia:
Doyin Okupe & Peter Obi?

grin grin grin

Cool down.
INEC just spoke big grammar, he can be replaced.

2 Likes

Re: 2023: ‘Placeholder’ Has No Place In Our Constitution – INEC by eddie7: 7:15pm On Jun 20, 2022
2023 Season III unavailing
Re: 2023: ‘Placeholder’ Has No Place In Our Constitution – INEC by kolamilan(m): 7:15pm On Jun 20, 2022
NoToTerrorists:
Congrats Nigerians. True Heroes of Democracy cheesy
kabir masari is different from current Katsina governor Ahmed masari.
Re: 2023: ‘Placeholder’ Has No Place In Our Constitution – INEC by Ezedon(m): 7:15pm On Jun 20, 2022
Story
Re: 2023: ‘Placeholder’ Has No Place In Our Constitution – INEC by juman(m): 7:16pm On Jun 20, 2022
sotall:
grin

INEC is shaking tables grin grin

How will Doyin Okupe win the Northern votes OBIdiently? grin grin

grin grin grin grin
No problem we would follow them like that.

We the northerners are obedient.
Re: 2023: ‘Placeholder’ Has No Place In Our Constitution – INEC by juman(m): 7:17pm On Jun 20, 2022
kolamilan:
kabir masari is different from current Katsina governor Ahmed masari.

I just realized it two different persons.
Re: 2023: ‘Placeholder’ Has No Place In Our Constitution – INEC by Makanike: 7:18pm On Jun 20, 2022
I'm obedient
Re: 2023: ‘Placeholder’ Has No Place In Our Constitution – INEC by MissLeslie(m): 7:19pm On Jun 20, 2022
NoToTerrorists:
Congrats Nigerians. True Heroes of Democracy cheesy

Aminu is different from Ibrahim
Re: 2023: ‘Placeholder’ Has No Place In Our Constitution – INEC by Angelics(f): 7:19pm On Jun 20, 2022
Most people did not read the news before they make comment
Re: 2023: ‘Placeholder’ Has No Place In Our Constitution – INEC by Princedapace(m): 7:20pm On Jun 20, 2022
Kingkum:

I'm not igbo and will never support any stup*d ipob cos i believe in one nigeria.

To the topic, i will ask you again, what will happen if the person whose name has been submitted says he is not interested again, decamp to another party or worst still, died. will the position be vacant? i repeat, there will be only be a problem if the person holding the post refuse to step down.

i will not reply your insults cos my parents trained me better than that but be careful if you quote me again

Oga one Nigeria wey other African countries don get stable electricity, we still dey here dey do One Nigeria and no one Nigeria grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ondo SSG Princess Odu In Shouting Match With Governor Aiyedatiwa During Cabinet / Binance Executive Sues Ribadu, EFCC / Why Hameed Ali Is Yet To Report At Customs- Daily Trust

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.