Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,778 members, 7,810,026 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:54 PM

2023: ‘Placeholder’ Has No Place In Our Constitution – INEC - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2023: ‘Placeholder’ Has No Place In Our Constitution – INEC (25584 Views)

Obi: Supreme Court Ignored Rigging, Forgery, That Isn't Part Of Our Constitution / Okowa, APC VP ‘placeholder’ Tell INEC Academic Certificates Missing / I Lost All My School Certificates - Kabir Ibrahim Masari, Tinubu’s Placeholder (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2023: ‘Placeholder’ Has No Place In Our Constitution – INEC by juman(m): 7:21pm On Jun 20, 2022
snoopz:
Untill inec create an act like unless the candidate is dead, APC will continue to explore all these loopholes

There are loopholes in every law.
That is why super rich people in many countries dont pay tax.
Re: 2023: ‘Placeholder’ Has No Place In Our Constitution – INEC by jrusky(m): 7:21pm On Jun 20, 2022
Then if no such in our constitution then let him or them take apc to court.

apc has always disobeying the law since 2015. If on this particular issue they have broken the law then they should be charge to court but if they have not broken any law they should let them be but their secret plan Muslim Muslim ticket will kill apc outrightly in Ngeria and that will be most welcome development.
Re: 2023: ‘Placeholder’ Has No Place In Our Constitution – INEC by 989900: 7:22pm On Jun 20, 2022
"Much ado about nothing.'
Re: 2023: ‘Placeholder’ Has No Place In Our Constitution – INEC by Dmacqh(m): 7:22pm On Jun 20, 2022
All the grammar up there is that INEC said they don’t like the name “ placeholder “ ... but parties can substitute candidates.

Put rope for goat neck , bring goat neck and put rope ... what’s the difference ?

As it is in football rule , like Kepa did to Chelsea , a playing player ( candidate ) , can refuse to be substituted.
Same as the player on the bench ( candidate ) like Tevez did to Man City against Bayern , can refuse to go for substitution.

As always , every substitution must pass screening.
Re: 2023: ‘Placeholder’ Has No Place In Our Constitution – INEC by Ancestortinubu: 7:24pm On Jun 20, 2022
Another leper sighted here. No body is holding you to vote your ancestor whom you sacrificed your brain for a sachet of indomie and packet of ijebu garri. Na your mate be president for France.

uote author=muzzafar post=113993500]Over to you obidient day dreamers[/quote]
Re: 2023: ‘Placeholder’ Has No Place In Our Constitution – INEC by ozoebuka1(m): 7:24pm On Jun 20, 2022
ChangetheChange:
grin grin grin grin
Tinubu and Peter Obi don enter ONE CHANCE
INEC and Northerners don Carry Tinubu and Peter Obi handicap.
oga, read the full text na... Why are we lazy like this in this country? Smh.
Re: 2023: ‘Placeholder’ Has No Place In Our Constitution – INEC by farous(m): 7:28pm On Jun 20, 2022
The INEC official is saying the right thing and L.P and APC are right as well. Please read the whole news before you comment.
Re: 2023: ‘Placeholder’ Has No Place In Our Constitution – INEC by TheNiceGuy(m): 7:36pm On Jun 20, 2022
It's obvious you didn't read the text.
Why should Northerners be feared?

Can't the Candidate still be substituted?
Go back, read everything, ASSIMILATE and edit this your submission
Success77x:
Fear northerners.
Re: 2023: ‘Placeholder’ Has No Place In Our Constitution – INEC by treatise: 7:37pm On Jun 20, 2022

1 Like

Re: 2023: ‘Placeholder’ Has No Place In Our Constitution – INEC by oluwaseyi0: 7:38pm On Jun 20, 2022
Kingkum:

I'm not igbo and will never support any stup*d ipob cos i believe in one nigeria.

To the topic, i will ask you again, what will happen if the person whose name has been submitted says he is not interested again, decamp to another party or worst still, died. will the position be vacant? i repeat, there will be only be a problem if the person holding the post refuse to step down.

i will not reply your insults cos my parents trained me better than that but be careful if you quote me again

Seems you only talk without reading

Simply reading the short and complete post will answer all this unnecessary aggressive questions
No body is fighting with you
Re: 2023: ‘Placeholder’ Has No Place In Our Constitution – INEC by Nonyjacuzie(m): 7:38pm On Jun 20, 2022
Beverlyjean:
So Atiku is the winner
Winner of what?
Re: 2023: ‘Placeholder’ Has No Place In Our Constitution – INEC by LIGHTROOM: 7:39pm On Jun 20, 2022
Kingkum:

I'm not igbo and will never support any stup*d ipob cos i believe in one nigeria.

To the topic, i will ask you again, what will happen if the person whose name has been submitted says he is not interested again, decamp to another party or worst still, died. will the position be vacant? i repeat, there will be only be a problem if the person holding the post refuse to step down.

i will not reply your insults cos my parents trained me better than that but be careful if you quote me again

Was it not stated by the inec spoke person that candidate can step down in as far as is within the period of time giving by inec?
What inec is talking about is that place holder is unconstitutional.
Or you did not read the article before commenting?
Re: 2023: ‘Placeholder’ Has No Place In Our Constitution – INEC by Eriokanmi: 7:40pm On Jun 20, 2022
buckeyemedia:
Doyin Okupe & Peter Obi?
Masari and Tinubu?
Re: 2023: ‘Placeholder’ Has No Place In Our Constitution – INEC by 1bunne4lif(m): 7:40pm On Jun 20, 2022
sotall:
grin

INEC is shaking tables grin grin

How will Doyin Okupe win the Northern votes OBIdiently? grin grin
I bet you didn't read. Is laziness the problem or maybe you lack understanding
Re: 2023: ‘Placeholder’ Has No Place In Our Constitution – INEC by Toriagirl(f): 7:43pm On Jun 20, 2022
Hmmmm.
Re: 2023: ‘Placeholder’ Has No Place In Our Constitution – INEC by mymadam(m): 7:45pm On Jun 20, 2022
buckeyemedia:
Doyin Okupe & Peter Obi?

undecided South + South... can never fly with the North! LP, how market? INEC will have to do the needful though.

As for APC, I won't be surprised if this was not pre-planned to force Nigerians to eat the Muslim-Muslim ticket breakfast... by fire, by force. The placeholder is even from GMB's State.

#my2kobo
Re: 2023: ‘Placeholder’ Has No Place In Our Constitution – INEC by specialmati(m): 7:45pm On Jun 20, 2022
NoToTerrorists:
grin Congrats Nigerians. Una Incoming… True Heroes of Democracy cheesy
grin grin grin grin grin grin why na
Re: 2023: ‘Placeholder’ Has No Place In Our Constitution – INEC by jacoik(m): 7:48pm On Jun 20, 2022
Kingkum:

lolxxxxx hahahaha u even get time to dey reply senseless fool. U for leave him to die of his foolery
Re: 2023: ‘Placeholder’ Has No Place In Our Constitution – INEC by NOwazobia: 7:48pm On Jun 20, 2022
Kingkum:

If to say you read the whole article, you for no do this oversabi wey you do so... undecided
Re: 2023: ‘Placeholder’ Has No Place In Our Constitution – INEC by boldtruthalways: 7:48pm On Jun 20, 2022
This guy talks too much. The VP nominated can be substituted. And that is what will happen with LP and APC.
Re: 2023: ‘Placeholder’ Has No Place In Our Constitution – INEC by onuman: 7:48pm On Jun 20, 2022
ArewaNorth:

https://dailytrust.com/2023-placeholder-has-no-place-in-our-constitution-inec

Okay. The Placeholders shall write INEC that they were withdrawing from the race. Matters arising?

1 Like

Re: 2023: ‘Placeholder’ Has No Place In Our Constitution – INEC by Gavel(m): 7:51pm On Jun 20, 2022
He ended up saying nothing
Re: 2023: ‘Placeholder’ Has No Place In Our Constitution – INEC by VirileNelly2420: 7:51pm On Jun 20, 2022
Kingkum:
This man talks too much, common sense should have let him know that candidates can be submitted but later substituted if he likes it not.

ok, what if the submitted person later step down that he is not interested in the post again, will the position be vacant?

there will only be problem if the person initially submitted refuse to step down, that is where inec will come in, but as of now, the DEPENDENT NATIONAL ELECTORAL COMMISIOO should keep quiet.

i'm OBIdient
U didn't read to d end. He touched it too. Candidate can write to INEC for withdrawal within stipulated time.

1 Like

Re: 2023: ‘Placeholder’ Has No Place In Our Constitution – INEC by StarGra: 7:56pm On Jun 20, 2022
Festus okoye is a very vocal man...I like when his analysis on issues..
Re: 2023: ‘Placeholder’ Has No Place In Our Constitution – INEC by MetaPhysical: 7:57pm On Jun 20, 2022
Kingkum:
This man talks too much, common sense should have let him know that candidates can be submitted but later substituted if he likes it not.

ok, what if the submitted person later step down that he is not interested in the post again, will the position be vacant?

there will only be problem if the person initially submitted refuse to step down, that is where inec will come in, but as of now, the DEPENDENT NATIONAL ELECTORAL COMMISIOO should keep quiet.

i'm OBIdient

Very good question. Running mates can be replaced under following situations.

1. The nominee withdraws interest and steps down.

2. Nominee is incapacitated by health condition - terminal illness, mental illness, long term physical injury/hospitalization.

3. Death.

We have a new social situation that needs to be captured into the exceptions, and that is in case of a kidnap by bandits. Kidnapping is a new reality and we should make allowances. If a presidential candidate or his running mate..or both are kidnapped, the person does not meet any of three positions above but has suffered significant distress that can hamper their status and, should their ticket win, image as a President-In-Waiting. Any candidate or running mate that becomes victim of kidnap should be disqualified even if they were to regain freedom.
Re: 2023: ‘Placeholder’ Has No Place In Our Constitution – INEC by Thegoodone13(m): 8:01pm On Jun 20, 2022
The last paragraph as answer the question. There is Chance for VP to withdrawn his candidate
Re: 2023: ‘Placeholder’ Has No Place In Our Constitution – INEC by Originalsly: 8:03pm On Jun 20, 2022
Kingkum:

Why ask such a question when it is clearly stated what the person needs to do if he is no longer interested in the position? ... or if the party wants him replaced? This is dealing with the law ... not common sense. The law is specific.... common sense is not. If you disagree with what the law states.... then let us know what really is the law.

@ topic. From this release... Tinubu is "playing dirty". This is his VP... but he does not want to ruffle feathers ... so he is keeping those who do not like his choice calm by deceiving them that he just plug the spot with this guy just for the sake of meeting deadline. Everybody now holding their breath ... waiting for the real name to fall.... but that's not going to happen. I can see him saying he's ready to name the real VP ... but shouting that the commission is not allowing him to. He will go silent on this issue as long as possible.
Re: 2023: ‘Placeholder’ Has No Place In Our Constitution – INEC by Melezenawii: 8:04pm On Jun 20, 2022
For there to be a substitution of a candidate, the vice-presidential candidate must write to INEC, with a sworn affidavit stating that he is withdrawing from the race within the time frame provided by the law. That’s the only way there can be a substitution of candidates.”

Is the same now , Mr Commissioner
Re: 2023: ‘Placeholder’ Has No Place In Our Constitution – INEC by Makinaki: 8:05pm On Jun 20, 2022
Mr emi lokan, emi lokan, emi lokan. Ordinary to choose VP for your ticket now, indecision no gree you perform. Oshi!
Re: 2023: ‘Placeholder’ Has No Place In Our Constitution – INEC by pacespot(m): 8:11pm On Jun 20, 2022
Dependent National Electoral Commission, how far with the ongoing PVC

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

"The People That Killed Gen. Azazi Tried To Kill T.B Joshua' - Femi Fani Kayode / MC Oluomo Distances Self From N500 Tinubu Stickers Imposed On Tricycles / Buhari Must Get His Act Right In Three Months - Obasanjo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.