Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,554 members, 7,819,974 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:47 AM

Is Peter Obi Gradually Breaking The "Structure Jinx"? - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is Peter Obi Gradually Breaking The "Structure Jinx"? (44278 Views)

Supporters chant "This is the Structure" during Rally For Peter Obi In Jos / Isaac Fayose: Tinubu Has The Structure, Peter Obi Needs ₦50 Billion To Win / Is Peter Obi The Owner Of This Mansion In London? See Photos & APC Allegations (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Peter Obi Gradually Breaking The "Structure Jinx"? by Crvrider: 8:18am On Jun 21, 2022
festacman:
In Nigeria, the victory at the presidential polls is sum total of the effort of local political heavyweights in their wards and constituencies. That's structure. Does Labour Party or Peter Obi Campaign Organization has local political influencers all over Nigeria? Even the negative tendency of vote buying still require structure to accomplish.

Another major challenge facing Peter Obi is that he is the sole financier of his presidential bid. And presidential campaign sure requires massive funding with substantial leakages caused by people who would collect money without doing assigned task. Can Peter Obi open up his wallet wide when winning is not 100%?

Wrong on the bolded. There's massive funding going on from the diaspora and even from within the country. We talking in tune of billions as I type this.

1 Like

Re: Is Peter Obi Gradually Breaking The "Structure Jinx"? by wizkidblogger(f): 8:34am On Jun 21, 2022
festacman:
In Nigeria, the victory at the presidential polls is sum total of the effort of local political heavyweights in their wards and constituencies. That's structure. Does Labour Party or Peter Obi Campaign Organization has local political influencers all over Nigeria? Even the negative tendency of vote buying still require structure to accomplish.

Another major challenge facing Peter Obi is that he is the sole financier of his presidential bid. And presidential campaign sure requires massive funding with substantial leakages caused by people who would collect money without doing assigned task. Can Peter Obi open up his wallet wide when winning is not 100%?

thanks for this.

most of them do not really understand what structure means. to even buy votes, monitor who voted and didn't vote is part of the structure but they don't know...
Re: Is Peter Obi Gradually Breaking The "Structure Jinx"? by Jack500: 8:34am On Jun 21, 2022
Abujason:

Remember Barack Obama?

New Senator.
Black.
Young.
First time running for President.
African father.
Ran against the heaviest of heavy weights.
Do you remember the final outcome?

First American President of African-American descent. Just the fact that something seems impossible to some does not mean it is not possible.

Your hatred is not enough to stop anyone from becoming successful at what he is after. Just remember!

You haven't wake up, I remember you are one of those that were so sure Tinubu won't clinch APC ticket, how market?

Tinubu is the incoming president, the earlier you realize this, the less your heartbreak and pain
Re: Is Peter Obi Gradually Breaking The "Structure Jinx"? by Nobody: 8:37am On Jun 21, 2022
oguns222:

I don't think Obi will participate in the chop money nonsense. That's why I want to vote for him

He was part of a chop money party until they refused to give him their ticket.

Sorry, but that smells of hypocirsy.

If PDP had given him their ticket, you would have been supporting them.
Re: Is Peter Obi Gradually Breaking The "Structure Jinx"? by Nobody: 8:38am On Jun 21, 2022
oguns222:

Lolz. You forgot that APC's votes in the north will be shared by APC, PDP and NNPP.

The only State where APC may have hold is Lagos, Kwara and Niger State. Even some of Niger's votes may go to NNPP and PDP.

With NNPP and PDP having northern candidates, APC now has a slimmer chance to win the north.

Many Igbos live in Lagos and will surely vote for Peter Obi. So, even Lagos' votes will be shared between APC and LP.

Hope you remember that APC lost Abuja election in 2019? You've forgotten, right?

APC may soon get the shock of their lives.

Obi is not going to win, and Tinubu and Atiku are not the answer to Nigeria's problems.

I wish we could vote all of the three of them out.
Re: Is Peter Obi Gradually Breaking The "Structure Jinx"? by Olumaeme: 8:40am On Jun 21, 2022
Peter Obi is gradually gaining ground.

He wont be able to win 2023 but he's a potential president though.
Re: Is Peter Obi Gradually Breaking The "Structure Jinx"? by Nobody: 8:40am On Jun 21, 2022
Lovelive:
You and Tinubu/Atiku supporters are making me laugh.

You always believe in your rigging and corrupt system forgetting that Mother Nature has her ways of recalibrate things.

Tinubu and Atiku are both in the same party with Obi. I am not voting for any one of them. So, don't mistake me for a tinubu or atiku or obi supporter. And don't even mistake me for a APC or PDP or LP or SDP supproter.

Thank you.

2023 is not too far away; time shall surely tell.

It is time for new order. Time we said bye bye to PDP, APC, NNPP, LP and SDP and time we brought in new people completely
Re: Is Peter Obi Gradually Breaking The "Structure Jinx"? by Help2020: 8:45am On Jun 21, 2022
TooNoisy:
Keep deceiving yourselves. Peter Obi will not get 25% in any northern state. He is unknown over there.

He is not known in Osun, Ogun, Ekiti, Ondo and Oyo. No chance of him getting 25% in these SW states.

He wouldn't get 25% in Edo and Delta for sure. Oshiomole/Obaseki will secure Edo for APC/PDP. Okowa will secure Delta for PDP as he is on the ballot.

Obi cannot win any South South State. Udom will secure Akwa Ibom for PDP. Duoye Diri will do same in Bayelsa. Wike will probably join APC or at least remain in PDP. Cross Rivers will be split between 3 parties.
You go put Edo state,my state for this nonsense when you wrote,shey you dey craze?
Re: Is Peter Obi Gradually Breaking The "Structure Jinx"? by sokera: 9:11am On Jun 21, 2022
Ibo giving us packaged drug baron to support …

1 Like

Re: Is Peter Obi Gradually Breaking The "Structure Jinx"? by Toks2008(m): 9:38am On Jun 21, 2022
Softmirror:

MAY THIS SLOGAN FOLLOW PETER OBI LIKE MAGNET TO THE VERY END. AMEN!!! VOTE WASTING IS NOT ALIEN TO THE PEOPLE FROM SOUTH EAST SINCE 2015 ONCE AGAIN MAY THIS SLOGAN FOLLOW PETER OBI TILL THE END. A WASTED VOTE IS THE ONE CASTED FOR A LOSER grin

Guy Obi is not desperate.

As they say, the people deserve the type of leaders they get.

Obi is not affected by the situation of Naija cos he is made and he is not a klepto like some people we know.

So yes the youths will make a statement and even if he loses, it is not today that criminals have been winning elections in Nigeria.

If not us, our children and our generations unborn will suffer the consequence of any bad choice we make today.

1 Like

Re: Is Peter Obi Gradually Breaking The "Structure Jinx"? by Dshocker(m): 9:43am On Jun 21, 2022
TooNoisy:
Keep deceiving yourselves. Peter Obi will not get 25% in any northern state. He is unknown over there.

He is not known in Osun, Ogun, Ekiti, Ondo and Oyo. No chance of him getting 25% in these SW states.

He wouldn't get 25% in Edo and Delta for sure. Oshiomole/Obaseki will secure Edo for APC/PDP. Okowa will secure Delta for PDP as he is on the ballot.

Obi cannot win any South South State. Udom will secure Akwa Ibom for PDP. Duoye Diri will do same in Bayelsa. Wike will probably join APC or at least remain in PDP. Cross Rivers will be split between 3 parties.

You sound like your name implies!!!
Re: Is Peter Obi Gradually Breaking The "Structure Jinx"? by PaChukwudi44(m): 10:02am On Jun 21, 2022
MikeofAfrica:

It seems you are a clown. The same Peter Obi that could not win his local Government,Anaocha, for PDP in the last two Guber elections in Anambra will sweep the entire SS/ SE?
He waa still able to win the entire SE for his party in the last presidential elections
Re: Is Peter Obi Gradually Breaking The "Structure Jinx"? by Ezmans: 10:12am On Jun 21, 2022
TooNoisy:

what u said is your mind
Re: Is Peter Obi Gradually Breaking The "Structure Jinx"? by FullBlastLight: 10:21am On Jun 21, 2022
subsidywise18:

Obi is part of the same party with Atiku, and Tinubu.

Plus, you PDP supporters are making me laugh. I myself support parties that are not PDP and APC and have done so for over 20 years. Until last month, people like you would have been laughing at me...now you are in Labour party because the typical Nigerian politican that you support has run there when he could not get his party ticket.

Obi that was supporting corrupt Atiku and agreed to be his VP in 2019 is now a 'new man for a new Nigerian' while the same Atiku is corrupt? Obi that a month ago was part of the same corrupt PDP...is now a new man? Just like Atiku that helped bring Bubu in in 2015, that people like you suddenly supported in 2019 because....he jumped party?

You may be a flip flopper, but I still have my morals. I am not going to vote for Obi, Atiku and Tinubu. They are birds of the same feather.They are all in the same party. I may vote for one of the smaller parties (not SDP because it reminds me of APC in some ways) because I am tired and have always been tired of the same old lies APC and PDP have been peddling for over 23 years. You can listen to the sweet lies

Here now is what u don't know; not everybody is a party supporter! Ok?

For several years running, I've neva been a party supporter!

I only support candidates on d grounds of proven track records of probity, transparency, selflessness, and outstanding performance.

So, don't think everybody is d same thing as u guys are!

I follow Peter Obi, not any party, and not even his own party do I follow, bt his personality!

I know many of u hv d spirit of error dt makes u keep repeating d same mistake of recycling looters & oppressors in govt, every election period.

And dt spirit of error is what is making u 2 alwys defend ur oppressors, bt persecute, blacklist or fight off those who want 2 liberate u guys frm d hegemony & oppression of ur taskmasters!

Re: Is Peter Obi Gradually Breaking The "Structure Jinx"? by Nobody: 10:22am On Jun 21, 2022
FullBlastLight:

Here now is what u don't know; not everybody is a party supporter! Ok?

For several years running, I've neva been a party supporter!

I only support candidates on d grounds of proven track records of probity, transparency, selflessness, and outstanding performance.

So, don't think everybody is d same thing as u guys are!

I follow Peter Obi, not any party, and not even his own party do I follow, bt his personality!

I know many of u hv d spirit of error dt makes u keep repeating d same mistake of recycling looters & oppressors in govt, every election period.

And dt spirit of error is what is making u 2 alwys defend ur oppressors, bt persecute, blacklist or fight off those who want 2 liberate u guys frm d hegemony & oppression of ur taskmasters!

Peter Obi that you follow was part of the corrupt PDP until they did not favour him

That's hypocrisy.

He is like Atiku and Tinubu

You can vote for him. I don't care. But I am not going to vote for him.
Re: Is Peter Obi Gradually Breaking The "Structure Jinx"? by bluediesel03: 10:27am On Jun 21, 2022
subsidywise18:

It would be good if Tinubu loses.

It would be better if Nigerians vote out obi, atiku and tinubu and buhari and pdp and apc and lp and nnpp them. And bring in new parties.

But sadly Nigerians don't want good governance. They want the Party of which obi and atiku and tinubu and buhari are in. So that chop.money is secured.
guy are you really normal.I thought for one to campaign or vote for a candidate, that candidate must have some good pedigree.So,you have research about Peter Obi and you did not see reason to vote him.Don't tell me you are those kind of people that believe that if there corrupt person can not enter their let nobody enter.I know your type,you prefer Tinubu just that you are ashame to support him.
Re: Is Peter Obi Gradually Breaking The "Structure Jinx"? by Nobody: 10:30am On Jun 21, 2022
bluediesel03:
guy are you really normal.I thought for one to campaign or vote for a candidate, that candidate must have some good pedigree.So,you have research about Peter Obi and you did not see reason to vote him.Don't tell me you are those kind of people that believe that if there corrupt person can not enter their let nobody enter.I know your type,you prefer Tinubu just that you are ashame to support him.

I abhor and will not support tinubu and will not vote for him...so don't insult me by calling me a tinubu supporter.

Thank you

I was backing Moghalu until his party did not vote for him as the candidate. So, right now, I am at a loss. I am looking at YPP, PRP and even ADC.

Again, I am not voting for Obi, Tinubu or Atiku, or NNPP or even SDP. I never touched APC or PDP in my voting life, and I won't.

Good morning.
Re: Is Peter Obi Gradually Breaking The "Structure Jinx"? by mabea: 10:30am On Jun 21, 2022
subsidywise18:
Obi supporters are really making me laugh.

He is not going to win. Period. It's between atiku and tinubu and yes, i absolutely don't like that prospect

P.S Anyone calling me an Athiekwu and Tinubu supporter because I don't want to vote for your obi...you are mistaken. I am not voting for any one of those three men. They are part of the mess we find ourselves in, and that also includes all our leaders from 1999 to date.

How is Obi part of your mess? The fact is that you are lying to yourself.
Re: Is Peter Obi Gradually Breaking The "Structure Jinx"? by Hakeem3(m): 10:31am On Jun 21, 2022
TooNoisy:

grin
Lol great analyst. We in the south don't play partisan politics when it comes to presidential election, know this and know peace.
Re: Is Peter Obi Gradually Breaking The "Structure Jinx"? by Nobody: 10:33am On Jun 21, 2022
mabea:
How is Obi part of your mess? The fact is that you are lying to yourself.

He was part of PDP. That's why.

Same reason why I am not voting Atiku and TInubu, part of APC and PDP

I have always voted third party since 2003. I don;t intend to change.

Obi, Atiku and Tinubu are all the same. I am not voting for either of them. If it upsets you, then cry. My choice, my decision.

(I was even backing Moghalu self.).
Re: Is Peter Obi Gradually Breaking The "Structure Jinx"? by mabea: 10:33am On Jun 21, 2022
Toks2008:
A larger % of Nigerian youths are ready to "waste their votes" on a structureless Party.

What have the parties with crazy structures done to improve Nigeria since 1999?

The new slogan now is "Win or lose, We are ready to waste our votes on Obi

I still hope he finds a good northerner to Team up with to increase his chances.

Let's waste the votes. Posterity will judge us kindly that we tried to effect a change during our time though we did not succeed.
Re: Is Peter Obi Gradually Breaking The "Structure Jinx"? by Toks2008(m): 10:34am On Jun 21, 2022
mabea:
Let's waste the votes. Posterity will judge us kindly that we tried to effect a change during our time though we did not succeed.

Gbam
Re: Is Peter Obi Gradually Breaking The "Structure Jinx"? by mbos: 10:37am On Jun 21, 2022
festacman:
When the time comes you will see that he has nothing to do with financing. The reverends, pastors , churches are cut up in a more serious moneyless campaign,,so join and don't be left out and be blessed

Re: Is Peter Obi Gradually Breaking The "Structure Jinx"? by mabea: 10:38am On Jun 21, 2022
subsidywise18:

He was part of PDP. That's why.

Same reason why I am not voting Atiku and TInubu, part of APC and PDP

I have always voted third party since 2003. I don;t intend to change.

Obi, Atiku and Tinubu are all the same. I am not voting for either of them. If it upsets you, then cry. My choice, my decision.

(I was even backing Moghalu self.).
Being part of PDP does not change anything. You can form a new party and still don't make any headway because of the system. Haven't you seen people form new parties in Nigeria yet couldn't make any impact. The leaders we intend to elect are not aliens but Nigerians. However Peter Obi has shown some leadership qualities which has made many of us to rally around him.
Re: Is Peter Obi Gradually Breaking The "Structure Jinx"? by mbos: 10:39am On Jun 21, 2022
truthfinder319:
Can Obi-Okupe ticket win 100,000 votes in the South let alone North?
is like your residing abroad/
Re: Is Peter Obi Gradually Breaking The "Structure Jinx"? by mbos: 10:41am On Jun 21, 2022
JAGS001:

ASUU will soon call off their strike close to election time, i am still wondering how youths will leave their assignments and other things to go and vote, wasting one year because of elections you know no student will agree with that idea of going to secure 001 one seat for their online candidate and return school for another extra year because of carryover, all the online ranting na because ASUU they strike lol.
no exams or lectures on election day
Re: Is Peter Obi Gradually Breaking The "Structure Jinx"? by Nobody: 10:41am On Jun 21, 2022
mabea:
Being part of PDP does not change anything. You can form a new party and still don't make any headway because of the system. Haven't you seen people form new parties in Nigeria yet couldn't make any impact. The leaders we intend to elect are not aliens but Nigerians. However Peter Obi has shown some leadership qualities which has made many of us to rally around him.

Sorry but i am not voting for any pdp or apc associate.
Re: Is Peter Obi Gradually Breaking The "Structure Jinx"? by mbos: 10:45am On Jun 21, 2022
Nexus25:

What stands Obi out that gives you the impression that he's the right person for the job?

How is Obi better than Tinubu?

Both are former governors, can you honestly compare Obi's achievements as a govenor with Tinubu's? Tinubu is shaking while is not, tinubu is old and sick while obi is kicking, tinubu is a drug Baron agbero while obi is a gentle
investment banker, economist.

Are you just being carried away by the fake rhetorics being propagated by Obi and his supporters? The rhetorics that on clinical investigations have been found to be fake?
Re: Is Peter Obi Gradually Breaking The "Structure Jinx"? by FullBlastLight: 10:56am On Jun 21, 2022
subsidywise18:

Peter Obi that you follow was part of the corrupt PDP until they did not favour him

That's hypocrisy.

He is like Atiku and Tinubu

You can vote for him. I don't care. But I am not going to vote for him.

True, he was in d party, bt not really part of them!

Dis is simply because he has a well defined ideology, bt PDP doesn't!

He's selfless & pple-oriented, bt PDP is not designed 2 practically function dt way!

He belivs is integrity, accountability, service & excellence, whereas PDP may hv all dis technically in print, bt practically lacking it!

Dis & many more are d salient reasons Obi didn't find PDP as a party dt favours his own leadership traits, belief, and style!

Our pple say:

A cockroach can neva be innocent in d gathering of fouls!

Thus, Obi is much like a sheep in d midst of those PDP wolves!

His own mindset, outlook 2 life & modus operandi, and dt of his PDP counterparts are as different as Chinese is far different frm English! Shuuu!

Dis & many more are d reason d intelligent man had 2 find his exit frm dt demonic & oppressive parties, like PDP!

Well, my broda, having heard all, what more can I say than 2 simply tell 2 get ur OVC handy & alwys be a patriotic & an Obidient citizen in exercising ur Political & Civic rights, registering & casting ur vote Obidiently!

Yap, Obidience is d KEY 2 Nig's liberation!

Re: Is Peter Obi Gradually Breaking The "Structure Jinx"? by Nobody: 11:06am On Jun 21, 2022
FullBlastLight:

True, he was in d party, bt not really part of them!

Dis is simply because he has a well defined ideology, bt PDP doesn't!

He's selfless & pple-oriented, bt PDP is not designed 2 practically function dt way!

He belivs is integrity, accountability, service & excellence, whereas PDP may hv all dis technically in print, bt practically lacking it!

Dis & many more are d salient reasons Obi didn't find PDP as a party dt favours his own leadership traits, belief, and style!

Our pple say:

A cockroach can neva be innocent in d gathering of fouls!

Thus, Obi is much like a sheep in d midst of those PDP wolves!

His own mindset, outlook 2 life & modus operandi, and dt of his PDP counterparts are as different as Chinese is far different frm English! Shuuu!

Dis & many more are d reason d intelligent man had 2 find his exit frm dt demonic & oppressive parties, like PDP!

Well, my broda, having heard all, what more can I say than 2 simply tell 2 get ur OVC handy & alwys be a patriotic & an Obidient citizen in exercising ur Political & Civic rights, registering & casting ur vote Obidiently!

Yap, Obidience is d KEY 2 Nig's liberation!

You can vote for him

I am not voting for them.

Nigeria needs new people
Re: Is Peter Obi Gradually Breaking The "Structure Jinx"? by MASCOTECH: 11:14am On Jun 21, 2022
[quote author=smartidemudia28 post=113994073]Is Peter Obi Gradually Breaking The "Structure Jinx"? By Smart Idemudia

https://ireporteronline.com.ng/blog/is-peter-obi-gradually-breaking-the-structure-jinx-by-smart-idemudia/
[/quote

WHAT STRUCTURE WAS USED FOR END SARS? You don't need any structure for mass action. It is spontaneous, usually without a structure.
When people are angry about their situation and need a change, they motivate themselves.
Re: Is Peter Obi Gradually Breaking The "Structure Jinx"? by mbos: 11:20am On Jun 21, 2022
ezegold4we:
OBI will win in SE, SS AND NC, THEN GET 25% IN LAGOS STATE AND WIN IN ABUJA, IF HE GETS A STRONG CANDIDATE AS VP FROM NORTH,ITS GAME OVER,

THE LAST TIME I CHECKED,INEC ONLY COUNTS PVC AND NOT HOW MANY STRUCTURE A POLITICAL PARTY HAS,

90% OF REAL VOTER'S ARE ALL TIRED OF VOTING APC AND PDP, OBI IS ON HIS WAY TO VICTORY ALREADY, YOU GUY'S WILL KEEP ANALYSING STRUCTURE TILL INEC DECLARES OBI WINNER, EVEN BUHARI IS AWARE THAT OBI IS WHAT NIGERIA NEEDS NOW,

TINUBU AND ATIKU ARE POLITICAL BANDITS, CAN YOU GUY'S FIGHTING OBI SEE HOW MUCH BOTH TINUBU AND ATIKU SPENT ONLY ON PARTY DELEGATES, THEY SPENT OVER 100 BILION NAIRA BRIBING UR FELLOW NIGERIANS AND SOME OF U FOOL'S INSTEAD OF SUPPORTING OBI FOR YOUR FREEDOM ARE FIGHTING HIM,

PDP AND APC HAS STOLEN OUR FUTURE,AND WHAT THEY ARE TRYING TO DO NOW IS TO STEAL THE FUTURE OF OUR UNBORN CHILDREN, KEEP SUPPORTING YOUR SLAVE MASTER'S THINKING YOU ARE FIGHTING OBI,

COME 2023, FORGET UR RELIGION, TRIBE AND PARTY, JUST VOTE FOR THE MOST PASSIONATE, VISIONARY AND HONEST LEADER, THAT PERSON IS PETER OBI.
Southern Kaduna

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Peter Obi, Abure & Apapa In Court Today (Photos, Video) / Checkout The Pose Of President Buhari's Security Personel / Underage Children Caught Voting In Yobe State - Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.