Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,866 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:40 PM

Is Peter Obi Gradually Breaking The "Structure Jinx"? - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is Peter Obi Gradually Breaking The "Structure Jinx"? (44289 Views)

Supporters chant "This is the Structure" during Rally For Peter Obi In Jos / Isaac Fayose: Tinubu Has The Structure, Peter Obi Needs ₦50 Billion To Win / Is Peter Obi The Owner Of This Mansion In London? See Photos & APC Allegations (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Peter Obi Gradually Breaking The "Structure Jinx"? by FullBlastLight: 11:28am On Jun 21, 2022
subsidywise18:

You can vote for him

I am not voting for them.

Nigeria needs new people

Guy, there isn't any reason why u shldn't wanna join d Obi moving train!

U may hv ur reasons, bt take it frm me, they're too watery 2 hold anytin concrete!

Sir, I meekly present 2 u, Mr Peter Obi for President, come 2023!

No better option so far!

And dt's d smartest electoral decision u ever wil make in decades! Honestly!

Re: Is Peter Obi Gradually Breaking The "Structure Jinx"? by Everlastingson: 11:54am On Jun 21, 2022
TooNoisy:
Keep deceiving yourselves. Peter Obi will not get 25% in any northern state. He is unknown over there.

He is not known in Osun, Ogun, Ekiti, Ondo and Oyo. No chance of him getting 25% in these SW states.

He wouldn't get 25% in Edo and Delta for sure. Oshiomole/Obaseki will secure Edo for APC/PDP. Okowa will secure Delta for PDP as he is on the ballot.

Obi cannot win any South South State. Udom will secure Akwa Ibom for PDP. Duoye Diri will do same in Bayelsa. Wike will probably join APC or at least remain in PDP. Cross Rivers will be split between 3 parties.

Udom will do this, Duoye will do that, how? Are they the electorate? Okay we know. By your usual rigging. It won't succeed this time.
Re: Is Peter Obi Gradually Breaking The "Structure Jinx"? by Abujason: 12:41pm On Jun 21, 2022
Jack500:

You haven't wake up, I remember you are one of those that were so sure Tinubu won't clinch APC ticket, how market?

Tinubu is the incoming president, the earlier you realize this, the less your heartbreak and pain

Ok. Let’s wait for Tinubu to become president with just your smelly, fat, loud mouth and SW votes alone. SE and SS won’t vote for him. The North will chop him money finish and only vote for their son Atiku. So I hope you are ready.
Re: Is Peter Obi Gradually Breaking The "Structure Jinx"? by MikeofAfrica: 1:07pm On Jun 21, 2022
Oldmansense:

Truly, na egusi dey your head not brain. Remember apc used same social media and other BBC press conferences to win election. Just calm down e go.soon clear for your eye. Have you ever wondered why Obi is always on the headline? Have you also wondered who APC fears most? If Your party and its candidate isn't scared, why are you trying to defend the same old man that made life unbearable for you and your relatives? Why are you supporting the same.peope that made it difficult for you to send money home ?
It is unfortunate that you are allowing Sentiment to cloud your sense of reasoning. I personally know Peter Obi, he is my friend and I might vote him in 2023 election. However, l know that he cannot win becos of the nature of our politics.
Three factors win election in Nigeria. Tribe, Religion and Party Structure. Buhari is very popular in the north becos he is a core islamist and from Fulani tribe. However, he could not win Presidential election until ACN, CPC,ANPP and nPDP merge together to provide him the needed Structure. This also provided Buhari with a root in the SW. The media did not win 2015 election for APC but the combination of the above factors and the weakness of Jonathan.
Peter Obi needs a similar Structure to win 2023 election.
Re: Is Peter Obi Gradually Breaking The "Structure Jinx"? by MikeofAfrica: 1:25pm On Jun 21, 2022
ezechi242:

I ASKED YOU A SIMPLE QUESTION.....AND WHO TOLD YOU IT WAS APGA THAT WON THE ELECTION FOR OBI...OBI WON THAT ELECTION FOR APGA.....OR ARE YOU TRYING TO TELL ME APGA HAD MORE STRUCTURE IN ANABRA STATE MORE THAN PDP IN 2003?.....ARE YOU ALSO TRYING TO TELL ME MIMIKO HAD MORE STRUCTURES THAN TINUBU IN ONDO STATE?....ABEG FINED ANOTHER TALK .....APC WON THE 2015 ELECTION NOT BECAUSE THEY HAD STRUCTURES BUT BECAUSE PEOPLE VOTED FOR THEM BOTH CHRISTIANS AND MUSLIMS....BUT THIS TIME
THINGS HV CHANGED AND THE APC AND PDP FAILURES WILL WORK AGAINST THEM....I AM SURE YOUR UNDERSTANDING ABOUT STRUCTURE IS THE MEANS TO BUY AND SELL VOTES...BECUS I DONT SEE ANY OTHER THING DIFFERENT FROM THE INTENSIONS OF THE GOVERNORS AND LG CHAIRMEN YOU TALKING ABOUT....AND DO U KNOW THAT SOCIAL MEDIA WAS THE MAJOR WEAPON APC USED AGAINST GEJ IN 2014/2015 ?
I will be the happiest person in Nigeria if Peter Obi wins 2023 election. However from my understanding of politics in Nigeria, it will take a miracle for him to win.
In 2011, the personality of Buhari made Tanko Al-makura to win the Nassarawa Guber election under CPC however Buhari could not win the Presidential election becos CPC structure was very week compare to PDP. That was what happened in Anambra in 2003.
The personality of Ojukwu won the election for Obi but Ojukwu could not win the Presidential election becos APGA structure was weak outside the SE.
Labour Party is weaker than CPC and APGA. There are many factors that made Mimiko to win under LP in Ondo. At a point, he reached an agreement with Tinubu and AC leaders to decamp to their party after the election.
Similarly, the only way Obi can win 2023 election is for Buhari and most APC Governors to have serious issues with Tinubu hence dumping him to support Obi with the agreement that he will decamp to APC after the election.
Without this happening, Obi winning 2023 election will remain a social media fantasy.
Re: Is Peter Obi Gradually Breaking The "Structure Jinx"? by MikeofAfrica: 1:30pm On Jun 21, 2022
PaChukwudi44:

He waa still able to win the entire SE for his party in the last presidential elections
PDP has been winning Presidential elections in the SE since 1999. They even got more votes in 2015 than 2019.
Re: Is Peter Obi Gradually Breaking The "Structure Jinx"? by Softmirror: 1:40pm On Jun 21, 2022
Toks2008:

Guy Obi is not desperate.

As they say, the people deserve the type of leaders they get.

Obi is not affected by the situation of Naija cos he is made and he is not a klepto like some people we know.

So yes the youths will make a statement and even if he loses, it is not today that criminals have been winning elections in Nigeria.

If not us, our children and our generations unborn will suffer the consequence of any bad choice we make today.

ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT THE SAME PETER OBI WHO WAS ATIKU'S RUNNING MATE 4 YEARS AGO? .........................It is not today that criminals have been losing elections grin
Re: Is Peter Obi Gradually Breaking The "Structure Jinx"? by CSNg: 1:49pm On Jun 21, 2022
TooNoisy:
Keep deceiving yourselves. Peter Obi will not get 25% in any northern state. He is unknown over there.

He is not known in Osun, Ogun, Ekiti, Ondo and Oyo. No chance of him getting 25% in these SW states.

He wouldn't get 25% in Edo and Delta for sure. Oshiomole/Obaseki will secure Edo for APC/PDP. Okowa will secure Delta for PDP as he is on the ballot.

Obi cannot win any South South State. Udom will secure Akwa Ibom for PDP. Duoye Diri will do same in Bayelsa. Wike will probably join APC or at least remain in PDP. Cross Rivers will be split between 3 parties.

Beer Parlor analysis.
Re: Is Peter Obi Gradually Breaking The "Structure Jinx"? by Nobody: 4:23pm On Jun 21, 2022
Thinktwicemybro:

Fool

Good evening.

I would like to thank you for calling me a fool.

In return, I would like to say this to you.

May the God or gods you serve...bless and prosper you and your family in your life, and may you never ever lack.

Again, good e'en.
Re: Is Peter Obi Gradually Breaking The "Structure Jinx"? by ezechi242: 5:56pm On Jun 21, 2022
MikeofAfrica:

I will be the happiest person in Nigeria if Peter Obi wins 2023 election. However from my understanding of politics in Nigeria, it will take a miracle for him to win.
In 2011, the personality of Buhari made Tanko Al-makura to win the Nassarawa Guber election under CPC however Buhari could not win the Presidential election becos CPC structure was very week compare to PDP. That was what happened in Anambra in 2003.
The personality of Ojukwu won the election for Obi but Ojukwu could not win the Presidential election becos APGA structure was weak outside the SE.
Labour Party is weaker than CPC and APGA. There are many factors that made Mimiko to win under LP in Ondo. At a point, he reached an agreement with Tinubu and AC leaders to decamp to their party after the election.
Similarly, the only way Obi can win 2023 election is for Buhari and most APC Governors to have serious issues with Tinubu hence dumping him to support Obi with the agreement that he will decamp to APC after the election.
Without this happening, Obi winning 2023 election will remain a social media fantasy.

so in other words the only way obi will not win is if apc massiveky rigg the election....and that my friend is unrealistic.......because the votes in the north will be sheared by both 3 parties.... obi has the south south and south east half of the middle belt,some parts of the west no be joke bro....did you see his rally in ibadan? even obaseki said his family is obidient fear catch am....so bro this time it wont be the usall voting style and riggring style people are coming out enmass and it wont be funny.
Re: Is Peter Obi Gradually Breaking The "Structure Jinx"? by odduduwa: 6:02pm On Jun 21, 2022
babyfaceafrica:
Don't count your chicken before they hatch
I am Igbo how far
Re: Is Peter Obi Gradually Breaking The "Structure Jinx"? by PaChukwudi44(m): 7:10pm On Jun 21, 2022
MikeofAfrica:

PDP has been winning Presidential elections in the SE since 1999. They even got more votes in 2015 than 2019.
Then they should have no problems winning the region again in 2023
Re: Is Peter Obi Gradually Breaking The "Structure Jinx"? by sirp9898(m): 8:56pm On Jun 21, 2022
With God all things is possible
Obident will win if we remove fear from us.
Re: Is Peter Obi Gradually Breaking The "Structure Jinx"? by Mfetenang: 12:17am On Jun 22, 2022
Yes on Twitter.
Re: Is Peter Obi Gradually Breaking The "Structure Jinx"? by MikeofAfrica: 10:16am On Jun 22, 2022
ezechi242:

so in other words the only way obi will not win is if apc massiveky rigg the election....and that my friend is unrealistic.......because the votes in the north will be sheared by both 3 parties.... obi has the south south and south east half of the middle belt,some parts of the west no be joke bro....did you see his rally in ibadan? even obaseki said his family is obidient fear catch am....so bro this time it wont be the usall voting style and riggring style people are coming out enmass and it wont be funny.
I hope and pray that Obi wins SE, SS,NC and part of SW. However, as I stated before, the three factors that win Presidential elections in Nigeria are Tribe, Religion and Party Structure. In SE and SS, Obi will battle the Structures of PDP. Ojukwu was far more popular than Obi in SE but he could not defeat the PDP structure in 2003. Hence if Obi wins any state in SE, it will be by a slim margin.
Tinubu will use tribalism to ensure all the Yoruba youths presently supporting Obi withdraw their supports before 2023. He will tell them that an Obi presidency will make the igbos capture Lagos. This will make 90% of Obi SW supporters to vote APC.
NW and NE are no go areas. Unfortunately, the two Zones will determine the next president base on their high number of voters. NC is a swing region that no presidential candidate can rely on.
Hence while both of us desire a Peter Obi presidency in 2023, it will likely not happen becos Nigeria does not deserve such good leader. We will end up with either Tinubu or Atiku and the next 8 years will be another hell.
Re: Is Peter Obi Gradually Breaking The "Structure Jinx"? by ezechi242: 10:24pm On Jun 22, 2022
MikeofAfrica:

I hope and pray that Obi wins SE, SS,NC and part of SW. However, as I stated before, the three factors that win Presidential elections in Nigeria are Tribe, Religion and Party Structure. In SE and SS, Obi will battle the Structures of PDP. Ojukwu was far more popular than Obi in SE but he could not defeat the PDP structure in 2003. Hence if Obi wins any state in SE, it will be by a slim margin.
Tinubu will use tribalism to ensure all the Yoruba youths presently supporting Obi withdraw their supports before 2023. He will tell them that an Obi presidency will make the igbos capture Lagos. This will make 90% of Obi SW supporters to vote APC.
NW and NE are no go areas. Unfortunately, the two Zones will determine the next president base on their high number of voters. NC is a swing region that no presidential candidate can rely on.
Hence while both of us desire a Peter Obi presidency in 2023, it will likely not happen becos Nigeria does not deserve such good leader. We will end up with either Tinubu or Atiku and the next 8 years will be another hell.

it seems you arent been reading my write ups to understand.....igbos do not vote party they vote the individual....pdp was the front party in imo state but okorocha won them hands down while he was in apga...even when apga had no structure in imo state....now this is a very big and different ball game it is a national poll.....obi does not only have igbo supporters ...he has supporters all over the country.....apart from that igbos are the socond largest ethnic group in every state after the indigens ......add that with the followers he already has with the indegens of those none igbo state....funny u think the igbos will vote pdp grin grin....if pdp get 10 vote from the south east then it is a miracle....the only place that will be problem for obi is the north but we have igbos scattered all over the north...we also have other tribes in the south of kaduna...there are christians of other tribes in the north so bro watch and see.
Re: Is Peter Obi Gradually Breaking The "Structure Jinx"? by oguns222: 11:07am On Jun 23, 2022
subsidywise18:

Obi is not going to win, and Tinubu and Atiku are not the answer to Nigeria's problems.

I wish we could vote all of the three of them out.

Lolz. I still think Obi has something better to offer
Re: Is Peter Obi Gradually Breaking The "Structure Jinx"? by oguns222: 11:08am On Jun 23, 2022
subsidywise18:

He was part of a chop money party until they refused to give him their ticket.

Sorry, but that smells of hypocirsy.

If PDP had given him their ticket, you would have been supporting them.

I would be supporting him and not his party.
Re: Is Peter Obi Gradually Breaking The "Structure Jinx"? by MikeofAfrica: 1:15pm On Jun 23, 2022
ezechi242:

it seems you arent been reading my write ups to understand.....igbos do not vote party they vote the individual....pdp was the front party in imo state but okorocha won them hands down while he was in apga...even when apga had no structure in imo state....now this is a very big and different ball game it is a national poll.....obi does not only have igbo supporters ...he has supporters all over the country.....apart from that igbos are the socond largest ethnic group in every state after the indigens ......add that with the followers he already has with the indegens of those none igbo state....funny u think the igbos will vote pdp grin grin....if pdp get 10 vote from the south east then it is a miracle....the only place that will be problem for obi is the north but we have igbos scattered all over the north...we also have other tribes in the south of kaduna...there are christians of other tribes in the north so bro watch and see.
The issue is that you don't have a deep knowledge of politics in Nigeria. In 2011, Okorocha defeated Ohakim in Imo becos he was sapotage by PDP stakeholders in Imo. Ohakim moved from PPA to PDP and was given the ticket by the PDP HQ hence the PDP stakeholders in Imo decided to teach him a lesson.
To some extent, you are right that the SE vote for individuals and not party. That was why Ojukwu' s personality defeated the PDP structure in anambra for Obi in 2003. However, the issue is that 70% of the influncial politicians in SE and SS are in PDP. It is these politicians that have been winning presidential elections for PDP in the two regions since 1999. They are the party structures and will give Obi tough time in the 2 regions.
For instance, Uche Ekwunife can personally deliver 50,000 votes for Atiku in Anambra central. She has massive support in the zone and can reduce the votes that Obi suppose to get in his Senatorial zone.
Atiku is also working on getting the support of Soludo. If he succeed , Soludo can use the power of incumbency and APGA structure to deliver him more than 200,000 votes.
That was how Yaradua of PDP won the SE in 2007. He was not popular in SE. Many people who voted him in SE have not heard about him but were influenced by the PDP stakeholders in SE to vote him even when Orji Uzor Kalu was contesting in PPA.
Re: Is Peter Obi Gradually Breaking The "Structure Jinx"? by Thinktwicemybro: 10:25pm On Jun 26, 2022

Good evening.

May the God or gods you serve...bless and prosper you and your family in your life, and may you never ever lack.

Again, good e'en.

*HOW TO KNOW YOU ARE THE PROBLEM OF NIGERIA*

1. You don't have PVC
2. You don't come out to vote
3. You have "Peter obi nor go win' mindset
4. You have "Dem nor go let am win" mindset
5. You believe there are people somewhere that will write the election result.
6. You believe they come to buy your vote for formality that the winner is already know before the election.
7. You are ready to sell your vote.
8. You prevent your children from voting on election day.
9. You can insult and blame government but you don't vote.

*Verdict:*

Many Nigerians suffer from weak mindset and believe in the power of evil than good.
They fear evil and therefore become weak to challenge it with good.

If you find yourself in this list. You are the problem of this country.

Moreover If them say you be F*** you be F*** na

Re: Is Peter Obi Gradually Breaking The "Structure Jinx"? by Thinktwicemybro: 9:46am On Jun 27, 2022

Good evening.

Again, good e'en.

*ATTENTION*

*WHO IS A BIG FOOL?*

1. Any Student that has been affected by ASUU Strike and he / she has no *Voters Card* to vote out the people that put him in the condition - is a *BIG FOOL*

2. Any unemployed Youth who has no *VOTERS CARD* to vote out the people that put him in the condition - is a *BIG FOOL.*

3. Anybody that feels insecure in this Country Nigeria, but he has no *VOTERS CARD* to vote out the people that couldn't protect him - is a *BIG FOOL*

4. Any Business man who's imports and Exports have been affected negatively and he has no *VOTERS CARD* to vote out the people that put him in the condition - is a *BIG FOOL*

5. Any Professor / PhD that has no *VOTERS CARD* to vote out the people that put him ASUU Strike nor still go about to collect money and rig election as Electoral Officer - is a *BIG FOOL*

6. Anybody that is complaining of: hardship, bad governance, my vote will not count etc but he has no *VOTERS CARD* to vote out the people that put him in the condition - is a *BIG FOOL*

Ask yourself: 'am I among the *BIG FOOLS* in Nigeria?

Go get your *PVC* now at any *INEC OFFICE,* registration ends by 30th June 2022.

Do not complain about bad governance and unfavorable policies,
If you do not *VOTE*,

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Jonathan Congratulates Okonjo-Iweala On Her New South African Appointment / Police Distributes Flyers With Helicopter In Abuja (Photos) / NDDC: Kemebradikumo Pondei Walks Out On Reps

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.