Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,679 members, 7,820,379 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:55 PM

Is Peter Obi Gradually Breaking The "Structure Jinx"? - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is Peter Obi Gradually Breaking The "Structure Jinx"? (44283 Views)

Supporters chant "This is the Structure" during Rally For Peter Obi In Jos / Isaac Fayose: Tinubu Has The Structure, Peter Obi Needs ₦50 Billion To Win / Is Peter Obi The Owner Of This Mansion In London? See Photos & APC Allegations (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Peter Obi Gradually Breaking The "Structure Jinx"? by redcliff: 12:40am On Jun 21, 2022
festacman:
In Nigeria, the victory at the presidential polls is sum total of the effort of local political heavyweights in their wards and constituencies. That's structure. Does Labour Party or Peter Obi Campaign Organization has local political influencers all over Nigeria? Even the negative tendency of vote buying still require structure to accomplish.

Another major challenge facing Peter Obi is that he is the sole financier of his presidential bid. And presidential campaign sure requires massive funding with substantial leakages caused by people who would collect money without doing assigned task. Can Peter Obi open up his wallet wide when winning is not 100%?

Did anybody fund Donald Trump to become president?

1 Like

Re: Is Peter Obi Gradually Breaking The "Structure Jinx"? by Sedonxavi: 1:01am On Jun 21, 2022
TooNoisy:
Keep deceiving yourselves. Peter Obi will not get 25% in any northern state. He is unknown over there.

He is not known in Osun, Ogun, Ekiti, Ondo and Oyo. No chance of him getting 25% in these SW states.

He wouldn't get 25% in Edo and Delta for sure. Oshiomole/Obaseki will secure Edo for APC/PDP. Okowa will secure Delta for PDP as he is on the ballot.

Obi cannot win any South South State. Udom will secure Akwa Ibom for PDP. Duoye Diri will do same in Bayelsa. Wike will probably join APC or at least remain in PDP. Cross Rivers will be split between 3 parties.
. What a great analysis I hope clout chasing Obi supper will understand this
Re: Is Peter Obi Gradually Breaking The "Structure Jinx"? by Sedonxavi: 1:17am On Jun 21, 2022
subsidywise18:

Obi is part of the same party with Atiku, and Tinubu.

Plus, you PDP supporters are making me laugh. I myself support parties that are not PDP and APC and have done so for over 20 years. Until last month, people like you would have been laughing at me...now you are in Labour party because the typical Nigerian politican that you support has run there when he could not get his party ticket.

Obi that was supporting corrupt Atiku and agreed to be his VP in 2019 is now a 'new man for a new Nigerian' while the same Atiku is corrupt? Obi that a month ago was part of the same corrupt PDP...is now a new man? Just like Atiku that helped bring Bubu in in 2015, that people like you suddenly supported in 2019 because....he jumped party?

You may be a flip flopper, but I still have my morals. I am not going to vote for Obi, Atiku and Tinubu. They are birds of the same feather.They are all in the same party. I may vote for one of the smaller parties (not SDP because it reminds me of APC in some ways) because I am tired and have always been tired of the same old lies APC and PDP have been peddling for over 23 years. You can listen to the sweet lies

Another excellent comments. Nigeria youth are truly lazy (Bubu, 2018) forgetting that there new Messiah was Atiku running mate in 2019 until about 2months he was adopted by so call youth because he left his so call political party
Re: Is Peter Obi Gradually Breaking The "Structure Jinx"? by bashir247: 1:23am On Jun 21, 2022
Obi on the ballot is a blessing to Tinubu camp and Apc. Him contesting will only affect Atiku's votes which will give Tinubu upper hand
Re: Is Peter Obi Gradually Breaking The "Structure Jinx"? by Morgan9(m): 1:42am On Jun 21, 2022
TooNoisy:
Keep deceiving yourselves. Peter Obi will not get 25% in any northern state. He is unknown over there.

He is not known in Osun, Ogun, Ekiti, Ondo and Oyo. No chance of him getting 25% in these SW states.

He wouldn't get 25% in Edo and Delta for sure. Oshiomole/Obaseki will secure Edo for APC/PDP. Okowa will secure Delta for PDP as he is on the ballot.

Obi cannot win any South South State. Udom will secure Akwa Ibom for PDP. Duoye Diri will do same in Bayelsa. Wike will probably join APC or at least remain in PDP. Cross Rivers will be split between 3 parties.
Beer parlor analysis..
E go shock you that day.

1 Like

Re: Is Peter Obi Gradually Breaking The "Structure Jinx"? by Kingspin(m): 1:57am On Jun 21, 2022
festacman:
In Nigeria, the victory at the presidential polls is sum total of the effort of local political heavyweights in their wards and constituencies. That's structure. Does Labour Party or Peter Obi Campaign Organization has local political influencers all over Nigeria? Even the negative tendency of vote buying still require structure to accomplish.

Another major challenge facing Peter Obi is that he is the sole financier of his presidential bid. And presidential campaign sure requires massive funding with substantial leakages caused by people who would collect money without doing assigned task. Can Peter Obi open up his wallet wide when winning is not 100%?

But let's move forward first
Re: Is Peter Obi Gradually Breaking The "Structure Jinx"? by kizyalex10(m): 3:17am On Jun 21, 2022
smartidemudia28:
Is Peter Obi Gradually Breaking The "Structure Jinx"? By Smart Idemudia

https://ireporteronline.com.ng/blog/is-peter-obi-gradually-breaking-the-structure-jinx-by-smart-idemudia/
with what have happened to Nigerians over 8 years now,I’m still suprised people re still trying to vote for tribe and religion over competence,one thing is for sure,after voting for tribe and religion,good or bad Nigeria,all of us will suffer it equally.the decision is urs now.

1 Like

Re: Is Peter Obi Gradually Breaking The "Structure Jinx"? by mrkia(m): 4:41am On Jun 21, 2022
Eheeeee!!! This Pandora's supporters ooo!!!!

Kontunu dey deceiving your self

As if we have not seen what he did in Anambra

We're all Batified
Re: Is Peter Obi Gradually Breaking The "Structure Jinx"? by ogatboy(m): 5:22am On Jun 21, 2022
TooNoisy:

First you forget it's one man and one vote and even sitting governors loose their state in a presidential election so that analysis is floored. An election conducted without inducement or rigging won't give pdp or apc any chance. Mind you campaign has not started so he will be known in the north and their campaign focus would be that region.

In the west, if the youth block comes out to vote, especially in Lagos, its just game over. APC might be loosing Lagos even in the Governorship election
Re: Is Peter Obi Gradually Breaking The "Structure Jinx"? by PeepXJuice: 5:25am On Jun 21, 2022
It's like you no know say big men and celebrities dey ready to support him campaign funding. You no understand wetin dey sup
festacman:

Re: Is Peter Obi Gradually Breaking The "Structure Jinx"? by PeepXJuice: 5:28am On Jun 21, 2022
So who do you suggest is the best candidate if not Obi?
subsidywise18:

It would be good if Tinubu loses.

It would be better if Nigerians vote out obi, atiku and tinubu and buhari and pdp and apc and lp and nnpp them. And bring in new parties.

But sadly Nigerians don't want good governance. They want the Party of which obi and atiku and tinubu and buhari are in. So that chop.money is secured.
Re: Is Peter Obi Gradually Breaking The "Structure Jinx"? by PeepXJuice: 5:35am On Jun 21, 2022
Tell me why you think he is a liar. All of you don't have proof. You're not just happy that all go a sudden, he's become very popular. Una no like good thing for this country o
Moh247:
cool

The fact that some dull brain morron on the internet thinks Pandora of Loser Party LP has a chance makes me laugh...

Nairaland has at best 2 million Nigerian user,

Twitter has 3 million active users in Nigeria

Let's say Pandora untrained internet e bandits managed to force every internet user to vote the lair scammer Obi this is 5 million vote and the 2015. 2019 winning vote stands at 15million votes

Politics is like Mathematics equation...

You can't shout your way and bully a maths equation till you get solution

You cants get maths solution on Google or YouTube

You must get the right formula, practice over time before you get the solution

Re: Is Peter Obi Gradually Breaking The "Structure Jinx"? by Zeeku: 5:54am On Jun 21, 2022
TooNoisy:

Bro Delta is like Anambra Peter Obi will win all the states in SE and SS 25% is sure from South West also North Central 25% is sure.... We move Peter Obi 2023

1 Like

Re: Is Peter Obi Gradually Breaking The "Structure Jinx"? by alamoht(m): 6:01am On Jun 21, 2022
TooNoisy:

Man, wake up for you sleeping...but while sleeping, your eye go still clear soon.
Re: Is Peter Obi Gradually Breaking The "Structure Jinx"? by Shattuck(m): 6:09am On Jun 21, 2022
TooNoisy:

mushroom analyst which Edo state will oshiomhole secure for apc, he couldn't even secure the state in the last governorship election for the apc, in benin everyone is definitely with Peter obi, you know nothing you think anyone cares about tinubu and atiku in benin.

1 Like

Re: Is Peter Obi Gradually Breaking The "Structure Jinx"? by Babastrong(m): 6:17am On Jun 21, 2022
Purely igbo agenda.
1. The plan is dead on arrival because we will not allow you to rule a nation you have once named ZOO.
2. You said no election in 2023, and you are rushing to collect pvc. Yeye people.
Re: Is Peter Obi Gradually Breaking The "Structure Jinx"? by Shattuck(m): 6:19am On Jun 21, 2022
Jack500:
You people should keep deceiving yourself, you will all come back to reality in February.

No state governor, no senator, no house of rep member and you want to win national election just like that?

I am laughing at your delusions
I never knew a state governor's vote is equal to 200,000 citizen's vote, thanks for the info.
Re: Is Peter Obi Gradually Breaking The "Structure Jinx"? by Teymanhenry(f): 6:25am On Jun 21, 2022
One thing I know is if Obi aligns with Kwankwaso, he has a good chance of winning. He may not win in the North because they basically vote northern muslims, but Kwankwaso has a good fan base in Northern Nigeria and this could fetch him good votes. I believe he should lay more Emphasis is the middle belt/North Central because from what I heard the people there are looking for good leaders. If he does a good campaign he could win Plateau, Benue, Taraba, Nasarawa and Southern Kaduna by a large margin
Re: Is Peter Obi Gradually Breaking The "Structure Jinx"? by CSTRR: 6:47am On Jun 21, 2022
TooNoisy:

So it is the givernors that would vote for everybody.?
Lol

Peter obi would win the South South with a landslide.

And if they are not careful, labour party would pick up house of reps and Senate positions in all the South South states.
Re: Is Peter Obi Gradually Breaking The "Structure Jinx"? by CSTRR: 6:49am On Jun 21, 2022
Shattuck:
I never knew a state governor's vote is equal to 200,000 citizen's vote, thanks for the info.
I wonder.

It's the governor that would secure all the votes in all the polling units?

Funny people.

If governor sef is not careful, the Peter obi wave would sweep the governor out of office.

1 Like

Re: Is Peter Obi Gradually Breaking The "Structure Jinx"? by Lovelive: 6:54am On Jun 21, 2022
We are all ObiPhied.

Be Obi-dient

mrkia:
Eheeeee!!! This Pandora's supporters ooo!!!!

Kontunu dey deceiving your self

As if we have not seen what he did in Anambra

We're all Batified
Re: Is Peter Obi Gradually Breaking The "Structure Jinx"? by Lovelive: 6:58am On Jun 21, 2022
Nigeria shall be Obiphy.

You just be Obident.

I am Obidient

#Vote4PeterObi

Teymanhenry:
One thing I know is if Obi aligns with Kwankwaso, he has a good chance of winning. He may not win in the North because they basically vote northern muslims, but Kwankwaso has a good fan base in Northern Nigeria and this could fetch him good votes. I believe he should lay more Emphasis is the middle belt/North Central because from what I heard the people there are looking for good leaders. If he does a good campaign he could win Plateau, Benue, Taraba, Nasarawa and Southern Kaduna by a large margin
Re: Is Peter Obi Gradually Breaking The "Structure Jinx"? by oguns222: 7:06am On Jun 21, 2022
festacman:

What's Nigeria's population?

How many eligible voters had been voting in the previous elections?

Despite the so-called structure, only a fraction of voters come out to vote.

If Obi can encourage the disenchanted voters to come out and vote, your so-called structures won't matter again
Re: Is Peter Obi Gradually Breaking The "Structure Jinx"? by Idiotseverywher: 7:08am On Jun 21, 2022
festacman:

. What most of us don't know is that the structure and partly big wealth you are talking about is that teacher and civil servant who is being owed by those you think are the heavyweights, now the labour party which is officially owed by the worst hit this time around are the heavyweights in their polling units, most you of is ye tot know what will hit the heavyweights this time around
Re: Is Peter Obi Gradually Breaking The "Structure Jinx"? by oguns222: 7:09am On Jun 21, 2022
TooNoisy:

NNPP is already dividing votes in the North with APC.

SS and SE will go to Peter Obi. He will always make inroads in the SW. I for one live in the SW and will vote for him.

He will pull weight in the NC too. I won't be surprised if Kano's vote goes to NNPP and not APC.
Re: Is Peter Obi Gradually Breaking The "Structure Jinx"? by Lovelive: 7:10am On Jun 21, 2022
You and Tinubu/Atiku supporters are making me laugh.

You always believe in your rigging and corrupt system forgetting that Mother Nature has her ways of recalibrate things.

2023 is not too far away; time shall surely tell.

subsidywise18:
Obi supporters are really making me laugh.

He is not going to win. Period. It's between atiku and tinubu and yes, i absolutely don't like that prospect

Re: Is Peter Obi Gradually Breaking The "Structure Jinx"? by oguns222: 7:20am On Jun 21, 2022
subsidywise18:
Obi supporters are really making me laugh.

He is not going to win. Period. It's between atiku and tinubu and yes, i absolutely don't like that prospect

Lolz. You forgot that APC's votes in the north will be shared by APC, PDP and NNPP.

The only State where APC may have hold is Lagos, Kwara and Niger State. Even some of Niger's votes may go to NNPP and PDP.

With NNPP and PDP having northern candidates, APC now has a slimmer chance to win the north.

Many Igbos live in Lagos and will surely vote for Peter Obi. So, even Lagos' votes will be shared between APC and LP.

Hope you remember that APC lost Abuja election in 2019? You've forgotten, right?

APC may soon get the shock of their lives.
Re: Is Peter Obi Gradually Breaking The "Structure Jinx"? by ferro: 7:20am On Jun 21, 2022
I ve listened to all the bla bla people talk about piter obi especially the older generation of Nigerian politicians, imagine these people ooo, these people for the past twenty two years of democracy in Nigeria has rubbed and looted Nigerias economy to the ground yet they are not tired. Thank God Nigerian youths have woken from slumber to take the bull by the horn, and for those of you trying play down obis popularity with some flimsy reasons why obi will not win or will win, just wait and see what the youths are cooking against these old demented politicians that have plunge Nigeria in to this message we are seeing today enough is enough!!!. The popularity of piter obi is affecting other aspirants that's why they are trying to play him down. Anyway the youths will use 2023 election to make a statement, make sure you get your PVC.
Re: Is Peter Obi Gradually Breaking The "Structure Jinx"? by oguns222: 7:22am On Jun 21, 2022
subsidywise18:

It would be good if Tinubu loses.

It would be better if Nigerians vote out obi, atiku and tinubu and buhari and pdp and apc and lp and nnpp them. And bring in new parties.

But sadly Nigerians don't want good governance. They want the Party of which obi and atiku and tinubu and buhari are in. So that chop.money is secured.

I don't think Obi will participate in the chop money nonsense. That's why I want to vote for him
Re: Is Peter Obi Gradually Breaking The "Structure Jinx"? by oguns222: 7:24am On Jun 21, 2022
Nexus25:

Peter Obi cannot have 4million votes in the entire country. His popularity starts and ends on social media.

Tinubu
Atiku
Kwankwanso

Obi

But you APC miscreants are also campaigning on social media. Anytime a politics News is posted, you quickly inform yourselves to come and like the post.

If you don't believe in impact of social media, why are you taking that deceptive route?
Re: Is Peter Obi Gradually Breaking The "Structure Jinx"? by Minime10(f): 7:35am On Jun 21, 2022
babyfaceafrica:
Don't count your chicken before they hatch

Just now, the narrative has change from no structure to "don't count your chicken before they hatch" una go surprise Las las
Re: Is Peter Obi Gradually Breaking The "Structure Jinx"? by Softmirror: 8:12am On Jun 21, 2022
onuman:

Your level of cynicism or self-deception borders on delusion of grandeur.
Wake up and follow the huge population of Nigerians who have been subjected to miserable life in Nigeria by the old folks in APC and PDP.
This massive population of Nigerians are chanting for Peter Obi for a change.

I UNDERSTAND YOUR PLIGHT AND COMPLAIN. EVEN LIFE IS NOT FAIR TO ALL. AS FOR ME AND MY FAMILY, WE HAVE BEEN VERY GRATEFUL.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Pictures As Adams Oshiomhole Flag Off Senatorial Campaign / Obidients Raise 2 Million Naira in 3 hours To Release Chude / Atiku Abubakar World Press Conference (Live Update)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.