Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,370 members, 7,815,786 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:24 PM

Babangida Aliyu: Peter Obi Should Wait Till 2027 Or 2031 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Babangida Aliyu: Peter Obi Should Wait Till 2027 Or 2031 (27317 Views)

You Are Not The Only Voice Of Nigerians, Wait Till 2027 - Tinubu To NLC / 2023: PDP Has Settled For Northern Presidency – Babangida Aliyu / Governor Wike Threatens To Beat Up Babangida Aliyu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Babangida Aliyu: Peter Obi Should Wait Till 2027 Or 2031 by Risentouch(m): 10:54pm On Jun 20, 2022
Former Niger State Governor, Babangida Aliyu, has said the presidential candidate of Labour Party, LP, Peter Obi can’t rule Nigeria in 2023.

Aliyu said 2023 is too early for Obi to become president, hence he should wait for either 2027 or 2031.

Featuring on Channels Television’s Political Paradigm, the former governor described Obi as an excellent person.

He said Obi would have been the running mate of Atiku Abubakar if he had remained with the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP.

He said: “Peter Obi is my good friend and a former member of my former Governors Forum.

“A very excellent person. His candidature, in terms of the Presidency, – I think he will make some name now. But he may be able to make it only in 2027, 2031. But 2023? Too early.

“Even though the young people might go for him, the name is not dropping everywhere else. I doubt if Nigerians are ready for him now as a presidential candidate.

“I would have loved him as a Vice President. Many of us were rooting for him to be running mate to Atiku again.”

61 Likes 18 Shares

Re: Babangida Aliyu: Peter Obi Should Wait Till 2027 Or 2031 by Nobody: 10:56pm On Jun 20, 2022
Okay
Re: Babangida Aliyu: Peter Obi Should Wait Till 2027 Or 2031 by mymadam(m): 10:56pm On Jun 20, 2022
The oracle has spoken.... but the truth is bitter lipsrsealed

81 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Babangida Aliyu: Peter Obi Should Wait Till 2027 Or 2031 by Nobody: 10:58pm On Jun 20, 2022
If he is patient enough, he should be able to wait till 2053. ,

All odds will favour him at that point.

Am certain that between 2053-2060, he will become the president of Nigeria.

95 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Babangida Aliyu: Peter Obi Should Wait Till 2027 Or 2031 by foryourmindok: 10:59pm On Jun 20, 2022
He's a perfect person but he should wait for the worst candidates to rule first?

Only one man is the nightmare of all the political criminals and looters who have kept Nigeria in dark waters for centuries.

From the Tinubu dingbats who urchered in a coupist as a change messiah in 2015, to known looters in politics to all the criminals who are surviving by plummeting public funds by themselves and their children, all of them are against one man.

This tell you that not only Obi is the opposite of all the criminals in government in Nigeria today, he's their nightmare.

521 Likes 46 Shares

Re: Babangida Aliyu: Peter Obi Should Wait Till 2027 Or 2031 by ChangetheChange: 10:59pm On Jun 20, 2022
Another nursery school propaganda again by Tinubu Zombies

259 Likes 17 Shares

Re: Babangida Aliyu: Peter Obi Should Wait Till 2027 Or 2031 by slickbak(m): 11:00pm On Jun 20, 2022
shocked
My country my country.
They want Obi/Osinbajo to become great grandfathers before they will rule.
Same thing they enjoyed in their youth.

146 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Babangida Aliyu: Peter Obi Should Wait Till 2027 Or 2031 by nazicartel(m): 11:01pm On Jun 20, 2022
mymadam:
who's the Oracle?. Know the Babangida they are talking about. Not IBB

155 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Babangida Aliyu: Peter Obi Should Wait Till 2027 Or 2031 by mycar: 11:03pm On Jun 20, 2022
The same man that betrayed Jonathan

82 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Babangida Aliyu: Peter Obi Should Wait Till 2027 Or 2031 by Nobody: 11:03pm On Jun 20, 2022
mymadam:

Hope you accepted the truth that your oracle is in support of another northern rule through Atiku? You southerners will think you're wise. Nigeria is a conspiracy, we're all pieces on their chessboard until we say 'no more'.
FYI, it will be easier for Obi to win in Kano than for the powers that be allow BAT defeat Atiku. 2023 will reveal the foolish amongst the zones.

125 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Babangida Aliyu: Peter Obi Should Wait Till 2027 Or 2031 by Techwriter: 11:05pm On Jun 20, 2022
Hmm

2 Likes

Re: Babangida Aliyu: Peter Obi Should Wait Till 2027 Or 2031 by Nobody: 11:05pm On Jun 20, 2022
Lol he should wait till 2055

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Babangida Aliyu: Peter Obi Should Wait Till 2027 Or 2031 by lathrowinger: 11:07pm On Jun 20, 2022
The man is on point grin

306 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Babangida Aliyu: Peter Obi Should Wait Till 2027 Or 2031 by Bomboiy: 11:08pm On Jun 20, 2022
The most qualified and credible candidate should wait while selfish corrupt people like Tinubu and Atiku should constest. And you expect Nigeria to be better with this disgusting logic.

160 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Babangida Aliyu: Peter Obi Should Wait Till 2027 Or 2031 by MITCHELL96: 11:08pm On Jun 20, 2022
Wait what ?

Their papa there angry

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Babangida Aliyu: Peter Obi Should Wait Till 2027 Or 2031 by VaselineCrew: 11:11pm On Jun 20, 2022
In Nigeria, they tell you to wait for anything good, not like waiting itself is bad because after all, patience is a virtue, but it lies in the context of doing good and waiting for a harvest or something similar, not doing evil constantly and waiting to do good one day.

State police: They say wait, we are not ready
Restructuring: Wait... we are not ready
Alternate Candidate: Wait...

Meanwhile there is no waiting for them when it comes to pilfering and pillaging.

I need to research this Obi guy

68 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Babangida Aliyu: Peter Obi Should Wait Till 2027 Or 2031 by mymadam(m): 11:14pm On Jun 20, 2022
nazicartel:
who's the Oracle?. Know the Babangida they are talking about. Not IBB

All na cruise... whoever the speaker is undecided

1 Like

Re: Babangida Aliyu: Peter Obi Should Wait Till 2027 Or 2031 by naijaguy1234(m): 11:17pm On Jun 20, 2022
Those people get strong head, let’s disgrace him and his online urchins.

BAT 2023 !

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Babangida Aliyu: Peter Obi Should Wait Till 2027 Or 2031 by mymadam(m): 11:18pm On Jun 20, 2022
zenius:
... You southerners will think you're wise...

Are you a Northerner? Just asking undecided

5 Likes

Re: Babangida Aliyu: Peter Obi Should Wait Till 2027 Or 2031 by Jking20(m): 11:20pm On Jun 20, 2022
Risentouch:
Former Niger State Governor, Babangida Aliyu, has said the presidential candidate of Labour Party, LP, Peter Obi can’t rule Nigeria in 2023.

Aliyu said 2023 is too early for Obi to become president, hence he should wait for either 2027 or 2031.

Featuring on Channels Television’s Political Paradigm, the former governor described Obi as an excellent person.

He said Obi would have been the running mate of Atiku Abubakar if he had remained with the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP.

He said: “Peter Obi is my good friend and a former member of my former Governors Forum.

“A very excellent person. His candidature, in terms of the Presidency, – I think he will make some name now. But he may be able to make it only in 2027, 2031. But 2023? Too early.

“Even though the young people might go for him, the name is not dropping everywhere else. I doubt if Nigerians are ready for him now as a presidential candidate.

“I would have loved him as a Vice President. Many of us were rooting for him to be running mate to Atiku again.”

No be you go tell him what to do

12 Likes

Re: Babangida Aliyu: Peter Obi Should Wait Till 2027 Or 2031 by limeta(f): 11:37pm On Jun 20, 2022
Ah them don come again
Are you God ?
Peter Obi will win and sky will not fall
This is how they deceive people
Ask him how many elections his won in his life .

About wait for later, sorry mallam
this is Obi.s time go and kill your self .

50 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Babangida Aliyu: Peter Obi Should Wait Till 2027 Or 2031 by Peacecore: 11:44pm On Jun 20, 2022
zenius:

Hope you accepted the truth that your oracle is in support of another northern rule through Atiku? You southerners will think you're wise. Nigeria is a conspiracy, we're all pieces on their chessboard until we say 'no more'.
FYI, it will be easier for Obi to win in Kano than for the powers that be allow BAT defeat Atiku. 2023 will reveal the foolish amongst the zones.
who do u want him to support before? The last I checked, he's in PDP. Let's hear such from Ganduje, El-rufail n co b4 we conclude. Let's not make conclusion with what he should use as a yardstick.

3 Likes

Re: Babangida Aliyu: Peter Obi Should Wait Till 2027 Or 2031 by CSTRR: 11:47pm On Jun 20, 2022
They wanted to use Peter obi's image to hype up atiku as a sort of reformer, as usual.

So that atiku can claim that has 11m votes in the bank.

Awon werey.

37 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Babangida Aliyu: Peter Obi Should Wait Till 2027 Or 2031 by Treasure17(m): 11:48pm On Jun 20, 2022
Peter Obi's time is now and nothing you can do about it.

52 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Babangida Aliyu: Peter Obi Should Wait Till 2027 Or 2031 by marsman: 11:51pm On Jun 20, 2022
Funny man. NNPP is a stronger force. Only online trolls with multiple accounts and celebrities who are looking for the orgasm and attention of the endsars experience support the him.

Lol, he go soon clear

267 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Babangida Aliyu: Peter Obi Should Wait Till 2027 Or 2031 by buckeyemedia: 11:57pm On Jun 20, 2022
Bomboiy:
The most qualified and credible candidate should wait while selfish corrupt people like Tinubu and Atiku should constest. And you expect Nigeria to be better with this disgusting logic.
They should allow Pandora Pete compete & come last, that same demon the fear of coming second to last that drove him from pdp is still waiting for him @ the polls.

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Babangida Aliyu: Peter Obi Should Wait Till 2027 Or 2031 by buckeyemedia: 12:00am On Jun 21, 2022
marsman:
Funny man. NNPP is a stronger force. Only online trolls with multiple accounts and celebrities who are looking for the orgasm and attention of the endsars experience support the him.

Lol, he go soon clear
Ipob Mazi Nnamdi Kanu supporters have abandoned him, they have now pitched their tent with Pandora Pete?

Biafra Judases.

6 Likes

Re: Babangida Aliyu: Peter Obi Should Wait Till 2027 Or 2031 by SWATMan: 12:01am On Jun 21, 2022
There is palpable fear among the northern elites about PO. The truth is finally coming out. I thought they said that power is taken and not given. Why should he wait till 2027? Allow Nigerians to decide his fate.

39 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Babangida Aliyu: Peter Obi Should Wait Till 2027 Or 2031 by buckeyemedia: 12:03am On Jun 21, 2022
SWATMan:
There is palpable fear among the northern elites about PO. The truth is finally coming out. I thought they said that power is taken and not given. Why should he wait till 2027? Allow Nigerians to decide his fate.
I know by April next year after the election has been contested & lost,, the new chapter of your Biafra agitation will be ignited, enjoy your few months of euphoria delusion for President of the Zoo Republic of Nigeria.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Babangida Aliyu: Peter Obi Should Wait Till 2027 Or 2031 by buckeyemedia: 12:11am On Jun 21, 2022
Treasure17:
Peter Obi's time is now and nothing you can do about it.
Didn’t we hear this same nonsense in 2019, or is it a deja vu of your mind is playing tricks on you again?
https://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2019/02/10/atiku-obi-presidency-an-idea-whose-time-has-come-2/

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Babangida Aliyu: Peter Obi Should Wait Till 2027 Or 2031 by SWATMan: 12:18am On Jun 21, 2022
buckeyemedia:
I know by April next year after the election has been contested & lost,, the new chapter of your Biafra struggle will be ignited, enjoy your few months of euphoria delusion for President of the Zoo Republic of Nigeria.

I can't remember mentioning you because your comments are too toxic for my liking. But this may interest you.

When PEOPLE POWER is activated, STRUCTURES crumble .

It happened in South Africa. It happened in Pakistan. It happened in France. It happened in Ukraine.

Volodomyr Zelensky, a lawyer and comedian, was a political outsider before he became Ukrainian president. His political party, Servant of the People, named after a TV series in which he played the role of Ukrainian President, was formed in 2018 with no structures anywhere except on social media where he was considered the frontrunner in opinion polls after he declared his intention to run for President in December 2018.

In 2019, he contested against political juggernaut, incumbent President Petro Poroshenko, and won with 73.23 percent. Not only that, but his party also won a landslide victory in the snap legislative election held shortly after his inauguration as president. What was his trump card? He positioned himself as an anti-establishment and anti-corruption figure, a hot selling point for a people already sick and tired of corruption in high places.

Does that ring a bell? Nobody gave Zelensky, a comedian, a chance against the onslaught of Russia’s hard nut former KGB boss Vladimir Putin. He has led his people in the battle against Putin from the front, unlike some Generals, who would be bunker-bound at the threat of rag tag bandits.
Imran Khan, the renowned Pakistani cricket star had no significant political structure when he was voted Prime Minister in 2018. He rode to power on the populist approach that emphasizes the idea of juxtaposing the people against the elite.

Emmanuel Macron was a banker and civil servant before he became President. His only political experience was as a senior adviser to President Francois Hollande and later as Minister of the Economy, Industry and Digital Affairs between 2014 and 2016. In April 2016, he formed the En Marchel centrist political movement.

By May 2017, he contested and was elected President, beating serial Presidential contestant and seasoned politician, Marine Le Pen, with 66.1 percent of the vote. He was only 39 years old, which made him the youngest President in the history of France.

Now, the response of the naysayers to the above is quite predictable. They are going to say, ‘Nigeria is different!’. Exactly!

Nigeria is the poverty capital of the world, courtesy the same grandfathers that will not allow their children and grandchildren with modern ideas to lead.

Those basing their 2023 permutations on stereotypical variables should hear this: What happened in Soweto in June 1976 happened at the Lekki Toll Gate in Lagos, Nigeria, in October 2020.

Nigerian Youth dared security forces and spoke in one voice, amplified by the social media, to say enough is enough to the mindless killing of youths on flimsy grounds.

#ENDSars was born! It reverberated around the world. It rekindled separatist agitations. It may not have achieved its purpose for various reasons. But it would be foolhardy to presume that #ENDSars is dead. We can already see its reincarnation in the OBIdient Movement.

The choice for the electorate in 2023 is not between Atiku, Tinubu and Obi. It is between continuing to live in bondage and making a fresh start. It is between disgruntled Nigerians and the hegemonic predators. It is between purveyors of the oppressive status quo and hitherto apathetic Youth and Student bent on taking the Country back from the leaders of yesterday and today, using the people’s money to pave the way for them and their Children and Grandchildren to remain the leaders of tomorrow.

For those saying social media cannot elect a President, they are very correct. But at the same time, they are missing the point. It’s the people that will elect a President using social media to get people to register and change the perception of registered voters.

Is that not happening already? That you are in PDP or APC does not mean you must vote for those Parties. Party Membership cards are not demanded at polling booths before the casting of ballots. Buhari rode partly on social media hype as MR INTEGRITY to Aso Rock in 2015. It was on social media the hooey that NEPA bill is better than PhD was sold and bought. Millions of votes cast for Buhari in 2015 by registered voters were not for the APC. They were for Buhari based on the perception created that he was the long-awaited messiah. They were protest votes against PDP and GEJ and their perceived 16 wasted years and cluelessness.

The unprecedented interest in who becomes Nigeria’s next President is symbolised by the OBIdient Movement.

Whether it succeeds or fails in 2023 is not the issue. For sure, Nigeria is entering a new era of political activism. If Obi fails in 2023, it is Nigeria that will fail – again! It is an unfathomable irony that Nigerians agree that there is a dire need for a redirection of the Country but want to leave the reins in the hands of morally deficient operators who contributed actively to steering it into the present morass.

So, if you want Nigeria to win, help build the superstructure needed for the victory. Talk to your friends, neighbours and family members. Let them know the absurdity in taking money from politicians to make their Children and Grandchildren slaves to the politicians’ Children and Grandchildren. Nigeria is made up of families, not Political structures!

65 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Babangida Aliyu: Peter Obi Should Wait Till 2027 Or 2031 by ScamHunter: 12:27am On Jun 21, 2022
Risentouch:

They're interested in milking the country dry first. Obi would be bad business for the thieves so they want him after they've been dead and forgotten, while their great grand children are enjoying their loot.

22 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Judge Orders Sureties To Appear In Court To Explain Kanu's Non-appearance / Crowd Chants "Obi" As Sensitive Election Materials Arrive Calabar / Atiku Mourns Mr Ibu, Aluko-Olaseni

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.