Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,892 members, 7,821,117 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:25 AM

How To Make Toasted Plain Cakes Without An Oven (pics & Video) - Food (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / How To Make Toasted Plain Cakes Without An Oven (pics & Video) (23196 Views)

Man Caught "TAKING" Sallah Meat & Rice By His Host (Pics/Video) / How To Bake Cake Without An Oven And On A Stove Top / Differences Between An Oven And A Microwave (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Make Toasted Plain Cakes Without An Oven (pics & Video) by IbrahimMav: 8:44am On Jun 22, 2022
ama19:

Agreed that some studies have linked acrylamide to cancer but there are also numerous other studies that have disproved this link. Look around you there are a million and one foods that we eat today that have links with cancer but we still eat them "sometimes", the important thing to note here is moderation.

I don't expect that you will eat cakes or toasts all day, everyday, forever.

acrylamide link to cancer hasn't been disproved oo, in fact it's very present in baked products and more so in toasted (burnt) baked products.

Studies said you'd have to injest a great deal of acrylamide for it to constitute a threat, but how do one know the amount that would constitute a thread? injesting it every day or once a week?

mehn life no get duplicate oo, when it comes to what I eat or drink, I'm very cautious.

I have cultivated the habit of avoiding baked goods entirely, or eating a food served on a plastic plate, or drinking water from a plastic satchet or bottle, or anything that would come close to giving me cancer.

if it isn't cooked or fried, I'm not eating.
Re: How To Make Toasted Plain Cakes Without An Oven (pics & Video) by ama19: 9:42am On Jun 22, 2022
IbrahimMav:

acrylamide link to cancer hasn't been disproved oo, in fact it's very present in baked products and more so in toasted (burnt) baked products.

Studies said you'd have to injest a great deal of acrylamide for it to constitute a threat, but how do one know the amount that would constitute a thread? injesting it every day or once a week?

mehn life no get duplicate oo, when it comes to what I eat or drink, I'm very cautious.

I have cultivated the habit of avoiding baked goods entirely, or eating a food served on a plastic plate, or drinking water from a plastic satchet or bottle, or anything that would come close to giving me cancer.

if it isn't cooked or fried, I'm not eating.

The bolded section in your response is exactly what I meant by saying moderation is important. I am not in support of excessive injestion of any kind of food because too much of everything is bad.

Taking a cue again from your words, I can tell that you like eating fried foods. I hope that you are well aware that fried food is a big topic in discussions regarding the relationship between cholesterol (in frying oil) and heart diseases.

I will recommend that you apply whatever works for you instead of pitching a narrative that favours only your point of view. Remember that one man's meat is another's poison

1 Like

Re: How To Make Toasted Plain Cakes Without An Oven (pics & Video) by IbrahimMav: 10:27am On Jun 22, 2022
ama19:

The bolded section in your response is exactly what I meant by saying moderation is important. I am not in support of excessive injestion of any kind of food because too much of everything is bad.

Taking a cue again from your words, I can tell that you like eating fried foods. I hope that you are well aware that fried food is a big topic in discussions regarding the relationship between cholesterol (in frying oil) and heart diseases.

I will recommend that you apply whatever works for you instead of pitching a narrative that favours only your point of view. Remember that one man's meat is another's poison

Like I have stressed earlier, I'm very health conscious. I just don't cook or fry my foods with any oil.

I don't know if you have heard about Soybean oil but it's not like the average vegetable oil you see in market, it has a type of cholesterol known as good cholesterol that aids in digestion and generally protects the body from heart attack and stroke.

Not every cholesterol is bad. good cholesterol can also be found in butter (real butter not margarine), olive oil, and lard( cooking oil extracted from Pig).

If you cook with oil that has good cholesterol, you'll live a long and healthy life.
Re: How To Make Toasted Plain Cakes Without An Oven (pics & Video) by ama19: 11:03am On Jun 22, 2022
IbrahimMav:

Like I have stressed earlier, I'm very health conscious. I just don't cook or fry my foods with any oil.

I don't know if you have heard about Soybean oil but it's not like the average vegetable oil you see in market, it has a type of cholesterol known as good cholesterol that aids in digestion and generally protects the body from heart attack and stroke.

Not every cholesterol is bad. good cholesterol can also be found in butter (real butter not margarine), olive oil, and lard( cooking oil extracted from Pig).

If you cook with oil that has good cholesterol, you'll live a long and healthy life.

Remember that it is human beings that conduct researches and that every research has a certain amount of bias associated with it.
So there is always a disclaimer to every research outcome based on the hypotheses applied during the study.

I agree with you again that soybean oil contains cholesterol which is considered as good cholesterol. However, according to some studies, the good cholesterol is a factor of its relatively lower levels of cholesterol when compared to other types of cooking oil.

This implies that there is still cholesterol in soybean oil such that if you do not consume it in moderation (emphasis on moderation) you will still increase your chances of having heart disease because of the increase in the overall quantity of soybean oil cholesterol in your diet.

What I said before and am still saying again is that moderation is key.
Re: How To Make Toasted Plain Cakes Without An Oven (pics & Video) by LogicBomb8: 11:56am On Jun 22, 2022
Nice

1 Like

Re: How To Make Toasted Plain Cakes Without An Oven (pics & Video) by gloryhomemaker(f): 2:11pm On Jun 22, 2022
Nice one.

1 Like

Re: How To Make Toasted Plain Cakes Without An Oven (pics & Video) by Deegee2121: 2:44pm On Jun 22, 2022
See easy method, sharp sharp cake don set ...Nice

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

#worldjollofriceday Now Trending On Twitter / Sell Your Products Online / How Many Times Dou You Eat In Day?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.