Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,970 members, 7,810,684 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:19 PM

Do Something Better With Your “tithes” - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Do Something Better With Your “tithes” (715 Views)

Do You Still Pay Your Tithes And Offerings? / Benefits Of Paying Your Tithes And Offerings. / Pastor E.A Adeboye Reacts To Daddy Freeze's Comments On Tithes (VIDEO) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do Something Better With Your “tithes” by KnownUnknown: 12:17pm On Jun 21, 2022
There is nothing new about clerical authorities getting rich of the flock but I’m sure some people still think and ask, what does god need more for?

The priests get to live comfortably because that is the way it has been set up since ancient times. Plato alluded to it in The Republic, the Priests(Levites. Even their name calls to mind “levy”) in the Bible and their tithes, ethnographical stories of ancient Egypt and the priests of Amun and Osiris, Charlemagne and the Catholic Church in Europe, the history of the Catholic Church (Vatican bank), prosperity preachers etc.
The argument was that since the priesthood included the smartest males in society whose job included both sacred and profane duties, and who could, by virtue of being smarter than the rest and having control of the military, turn into tyrants, it was wise for them to live in communes where they held property in common. Since they had no personal property and were fully dedicated to the diety and the law, the society had to provide for them, hence the tithe or levy.

Overtime, the concept became perverted and the priests became tyrants anyway and got very corrupt and wealthy e.g. Catholic Church who build wealth on earth while preaching heaven to the people.

Pay if you must, but maybe charity begins at home not church.

1 Like

Re: Do Something Better With Your “tithes” by ogyunging(m): 12:32pm On Jun 21, 2022
Manchi You are blessed.
Re: Do Something Better With Your “tithes” by MaxInDHouse(m): 1:59pm On Jun 21, 2022
The tithe is for God and God alone but since you people don't know what it means you may spend your money on whatever you think is virtuous. Know that the tithe has nothing to do with your charity works o, it must be paid to God not man! smiley

1 Like

Re: Do Something Better With Your “tithes” by Dtruthspeaker: 3:41pm On Jun 21, 2022
KnownUnknown:
There is nothing new about clerical authorities getting rich of the flock but I’m sure some people still think and ask, what does god need more for?

The priests get to live comfortably because that is the way it has been set up since ancient times. Plato alluded to it in The Republic, the Priests(Levites. Even their name calls to mind “levy”) in the Bible and their tithes, ethnographical stories of ancient Egypt and the priests of Amun and Osiris, Charlemagne and the Catholic Church in Europe, the history of the Catholic Church (Vatican bank), prosperity preachers etc.
The argument was that since the priesthood included the smartest males in society whose job included both sacred and profane duties, and who could, by virtue of being smarter than the rest and having control of the military, turn into tyrants, it was wise for them to live in communes where they held property in common. Since they had no personal property and were fully dedicated to the diety and the law, the society had to provide for them, hence the tithe or levy.

Overtime, the concept became perverted and the priests became tyrants anyway and got very corrupt and wealthy e.g. Catholic Church who build wealth on earth while preaching heaven to the people.

Pay if you must, but maybe charity begins at home not church.

An appluadible presentation. However, when we obey God, we know woe shall befall he who doth not obey The Lord being a keeper of The Lord's House!

But, the question really is, is thy Church, truly the Tabernacle of The Lord or "The Place Where The Lord hath Put His Name" as Written? If not your tithe is a waste. Then it would be better if you gave to the poor
Re: Do Something Better With Your “tithes” by KnownUnknown: 4:14pm On Jun 21, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

An appluadible presentation. However, when we obey God, we know woe shall before he who doth not obey The Lord being a keeper of The Lord's House!

It might be “The Lord’s House” but there is always a “man of the house” called Pastor Reverend Father Daddy Bishop Randy Fella, Jr. And Mr. Fella, Jr, usually succumbs to the serpent of greed and starts feeding fat on the Lord’s supper.
Maybe their woe comes after they die and meet the Lord but that’s only doctrine. In reality, it seems “the Lord” approves of them.

Dtruthspeaker:

But, the question really is, is thy Church, truly the Tabernacle of The Lord or "The Place Where The Lord hath Put His Name" as Written? If not your tithe is a waste. Then it would be better if you gave to the poor

Is there really a Tarbanacle of the Lord when even the oldest Tarbanacle is the den of thieves and liars?

The only way there can be a “Tarbanacle for the Lord” is for the people to return to the communal style of the creators of the belief system that the Catholics turned to Christianity. If they can’t live like ascetics (who really wants to?!) , then they should at least own the church in common and abolish the hierarchy that leads to “divine exploitation”.

Unfortunately, the system is set up for exploitation despite the appearance that it is set up for the welfare of the adherents.
Re: Do Something Better With Your “tithes” by KnownUnknown: 4:19pm On Jun 21, 2022
MaxInDHouse:
The tithe is for God and God alone but since you people don't know what it means you may spend your money on whatever you think is virtuous. Know that the tithe has nothing to do with your charity works o, it must be paid to God not man! smiley

I don’t pay tithe to no one and I just gave a different perspective of what the tithe really is.
I may be wrong but I’m 100% sure “God” won’t object to what I wrote just like “God” has never collected a single cent of tithe.

Regardless, when you get instructions from the Governing Body, come back and tell me what “God” said.

3 Likes

Re: Do Something Better With Your “tithes” by MaxInDHouse(m): 4:30pm On Jun 21, 2022
KnownUnknown:

I don’t pay tithe to no one and I just gave a different perspective of what the tithe really is.
I may be wrong but I’m 100% sure “God” won’t object to what I wrote just like “God” has never collected a single cent of tithe.
Regardless, when you get instructions from the Governing Body, come back and tell me what “God” said.

God said in the Bible book of Malachi 3:9-10

You are certainly cursed, for you are robbing me—yes, the entire nation is doing so. Bring the entire tithe into the storehouse, so that there may be food in my house; and test me out, please, in this regard,” Jehovah of armies says, “to see whether I will not open to you the floodgates of the heavens and pour out on you a blessing until there is nothing lacking.”

So according to God's word He is the one offended if the worshipers fails to pay their tithes not the priests inside the temple!

As for the Governing Body of JWs i think you need to borrow a leaf from what is happening in Nigeria, if Buhari speaks does it hay any meaning to a German citizen? Of course not!
Buhari's speech only affects Nigerians who are citizens under his government!
So whatever the Governing Body of Jehovah's Witnesses say is only limited to members of a group that willingly subjected themselves under them so whatever they say has nothing to do with you since you're not under them! wink
Re: Do Something Better With Your “tithes” by Dtruthspeaker: 4:59pm On Jun 21, 2022
KnownUnknown:

It might be “The Lord’s House” but there is always a “man of the house” called Pastor Reverend Father Daddy Bishop Randy Fella, Jr. And Mr. Fella, Jr, usually succumbs to the serpent of greed and starts feeding fat on the Lord’s supper.

It's not The Lord's supper, they however have a right to eat it.

However, they know The Plan of God was also that they use their excess to take care of the poor, so that in the end, "there be no poor in the land".

KnownUnknown:

Maybe their woe comes after they die and meet the Lord but that’s only doctrine.

The Lord hits them even in this life but their stolen abundance will not let you easily see it.

KnownUnknown:

In reality, it seems “the Lord” approves of them.

He does not. But as you already know, the peoples of the whole earth are doing the same thing and guilty of one wrongdoing or the other, so, God has switched to Another Plan!

KnownUnknown:

Is there really a Tarbanacle of the Lord when even the oldest Tarbanacle is the den of thieves and liars?

Read again it was over run by the same thieves and liars who were the Lawfull administrators of the Tabernacle as you see The Lord had complained about from Isaiah to Malachi, before the declaration of "den of thieves and liars".

KnownUnknown:

The only way there can be a “Tarbanacle for the Lord” is for the people to return to the communal style of the creators of the belief system that the Catholics turned to Christianity. If they can’t live like ascetics (who really wants to?!) , then they should at least own the church in common and abolish the hierarchy that leads to “divine exploitation”.

Unfortunately, the system is set up for exploitation despite the appearance that it is set up for the welfare of the adherents.

Nothing can be done today. That's what "it is Finished" also means.

Now, like Chess, the next move is God's Next Move; which is "Check Mate" or in the card game 'whot", "Check up"!
Re: Do Something Better With Your “tithes” by immaculatesense(m): 9:35pm On Jun 21, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

God said in the Bible book of Malachi 3:9-10

You are certainly cursed, for you are robbing me—yes, the entire nation is doing so. Bring the entire tithe into the storehouse, so that there may be food in my house; and test me out, please, in this regard,” Jehovah of armies says, “to see whether I will not open to you the floodgates of the heavens and pour out on you a blessing until there is nothing lacking.”

So according to God's word He is the one offended if the worshipers fails to pay their tithes not the priests inside the temple!

As for the Governing Body of JWs i think you need to borrow a leaf from what is happening in Nigeria, if Buhari speaks does it has any meaning to a German citizen? Of course not!
Buhari's speech only affects Nigerians who are citizens under his government!
So whatever the Governing Body of Jehovah's Witnesses say is only limited to members of a group that willingly subjected themselves under them so whatever they say has nothing to do with you since you're not under them! wink
Dear MaxinDHouse
How can u give an instruction to gentile believers withiut quoting a single New Testament verse or passage?...Ur quoting Malachi...are we as Christians and gentiles still under the 630+ laws of the Old testament?...
Are we as believers and gentiles still av to subject ourselves to Jewish tradition?
What was the resolution of the first council of Jerusalem concerning gentile believers to the mosaic laws and Jewish tradition in Acts 15 all about? Acts of the Apostles 15:7-11
[7]At the meeting, after a long discussion, Peter stood and addressed them as follows: “Brothers, you all know that God chose me from among you some time ago to preach to the Gentiles so that they could hear the Good News and believe.
[8]God knows people’s hearts, and he confirmed that he accepts Gentiles by giving them the Holy Spirit, just as he did to us.
[9]He made no distinction between us and them, for he cleansed their hearts through faith.
[10]So why are you now challenging God by burdening the Gentile believers with a yoke that neither we nor our ancestors were able to bear?
[11]We believe that we are all saved the same way, by the undeserved grace of the Lord Jesus.”

Was a Jew permitted to tithe without the temple standing or erected in Jerusalem?
If tithing was so important in believers responsibility... wouldnt any of the apostles had mentioned it once in their numerous teachings on believers conducts...most especially Paul? When he was urging the Corinthians to give like the Macedonians...would he have accused them of eating their tithe and robbing God...I trust Paul for that...he would av rubbed it in their faces..but instead he urge everyone of them to separate something based on their capability and not to their own loss or detriment but as far as anyone can give within the ambit of wat won't affect his necessities...they even try to reset the giving of the Macedonians because of their level of poverty...if it was tithe...could tithe be rejected? Was it not compulsory?...but Paul said they gave willingly. Read 2 Corinthians 8:1-5,12-13
[1]Now I want you to know, dear brothers and sisters, what God in his kindness has done through the churches in Macedonia.
[2]They are being tested by many troubles, and they are very poor. But they are also filled with abundant joy, which has overflowed in rich generosity.
[3]For I can testify that they gave not only what they could afford, but far more. And they did it of their own free will.
[4]They begged us again and again for the privilege of sharing in the gift for the believers in Jerusalem.
[5]They even did more than we had hoped, for their first action was to give themselves to the Lord and to us, just as God wanted them to do.
[12]Whatever you give is acceptable if you give it eagerly. And give according to what you have, not what you don’t have.
[13]Of course, I don’t mean your giving should make life easy for others and hard for yourselves. I only mean that there should be some equality.

What am I saying...
Am I saying it is wrong to tithe? No...
But is it compulsory or a requirement of a believer? It's NO...

If u tithe...u av put urself under the law and u av the necessity to fulfil it to the letter...what do I mean...when u tithe u must make sure wat u bring is perfectly 10% of ur gross income...
When u put urself under this law urself and u fail to be faithful...u av put urself in undue problem just like Ananias and Saphira...
Note the reply Peter gave them in Acts of the Apostles 5:3-4
[3]Then Peter said, “Ananias, why have you let Satan fill your heart? You lied to the Holy Spirit, and you kept some of the money for yourself.
[4]The property was yours to sell or not sell, as you wished. And after selling it, the money was also yours to give away. How could you do a thing like this? You weren’t lying to us but to God!”

WARNING
Every believer must be careful with the law they subject themselves to...don't let any church leader pressure u...give cheerfully but never under pressure but wilful offerings to God...
If u can subject urself to the law of tithe and u know u can be faithful to it...no problem...it's an act of giving to God...but if u know u can't...never subject urself to undue pressure and laws u can't follow through...God dont collect bribe to bless people...he also bless even the most stingy of all ...do wat will make u av peace with God and in ur own heart... owing nothing

This is what is testamental and worthy to teach...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Do Something Better With Your “tithes” by desiredhome: 10:44pm On Jun 21, 2022
MaxInDHouse:
The tithe is for God and God alone but since you people don't know what it means you may spend your money on whatever you think is virtuous. Know that the tithe has nothing to do with your charity works o, it must be paid to God not man
Please how do God receivers these tithe?....

1 Like

Re: Do Something Better With Your “tithes” by MaxInDHouse(m): 5:05am On Jun 22, 2022
If you want to learn then enroll i'm not ready for your give and take nonsense.
Farewell!

immaculatesense:

Dear MaxinDHouse
How can u give an instruction to gentile believers withiut quoting a single New Testament verse or passage?...Ur quoting Malachi...are we as Christians and gentiles still under the 630+ laws of the Old testament?...
Are we as believers and gentiles still av to subject ourselves to Jewish tradition?
What was the resolution of the first council of Jerusalem concerning gentile believers to the mosaic laws and Jewish tradition in Acts 15 all about? Acts of the Apostles 15:7-11
[7]At the meeting, after a long discussion, Peter stood and addressed them as follows: “Brothers, you all know that God chose me from among you some time ago to preach to the Gentiles so that they could hear the Good News and believe.
[8]God knows people’s hearts, and he confirmed that he accepts Gentiles by giving them the Holy Spirit, just as he did to us.
[9]He made no distinction between us and them, for he cleansed their hearts through faith.
[10]So why are you now challenging God by burdening the Gentile believers with a yoke that neither we nor our ancestors were able to bear?
[11]We believe that we are all saved the same way, by the undeserved grace of the Lord Jesus.”

Was a Jew permitted to tithe without the temple standing or erected in Jerusalem?
If tithing was so important in believers responsibility... wouldnt any of the apostles had mentioned it once in their numerous teachings on believers conducts...most especially Paul? When he was urging the Corinthians to give like the Macedonians...would he have accused them of eating their tithe and robbing God...I trust Paul for that...he would av rubbed it in their faces..but instead he urge everyone of them to separate something based on their capability and not to their own loss or detriment but as far as anyone can give within the ambit of wat won't affect his necessities...they even try to reset the giving of the Macedonians because of their level of poverty...if it was tithe...could tithe be rejected? Was it not compulsory?...but Paul said they gave willingly. Read 2 Corinthians 8:1-5,12-13
[1]Now I want you to know, dear brothers and sisters, what God in his kindness has done through the churches in Macedonia.
[2]They are being tested by many troubles, and they are very poor. But they are also filled with abundant joy, which has overflowed in rich generosity.
[3]For I can testify that they gave not only what they could afford, but far more. And they did it of their own free will.
[4]They begged us again and again for the privilege of sharing in the gift for the believers in Jerusalem.
[5]They even did more than we had hoped, for their first action was to give themselves to the Lord and to us, just as God wanted them to do.
[12]Whatever you give is acceptable if you give it eagerly. And give according to what you have, not what you don’t have.
[13]Of course, I don’t mean your giving should make life easy for others and hard for yourselves. I only mean that there should be some equality.

What am I saying...
Am I saying it is wrong to tithe? No...
But is it compulsory or a requirement of a believer? It's NO...

If u tithe...u av put urself under the law and u av the necessity to fulfil it to the letter...what do I mean...when u tithe u must make sure wat u bring is perfectly 10% of ur gross income...
When u put urself under this law urself and u fail to be faithful...u av put urself in undue problem just like Ananias and Saphira...
Note the reply Peter gave them in Acts of the Apostles 5:3-4
[3]Then Peter said, “Ananias, why have you let Satan fill your heart? You lied to the Holy Spirit, and you kept some of the money for yourself.
[4]The property was yours to sell or not sell, as you wished. And after selling it, the money was also yours to give away. How could you do a thing like this? You weren’t lying to us but to God!”

WARNING
Every believer must be careful with the law they subject themselves to...don't let any church leader pressure u...give cheerfully but never under pressure but wilful offerings to God...
If u can subject urself to the law of tithe and u know u can be faithful to it...no problem...it's an act of giving to God...but if u know u can't...never subject urself to undue pressure and laws u can't follow through...God dont collect bribe to bless people...he also bless even the most stingy of all ...do wat will make u av peace with God and in ur own heart... owing nothing

This is what is testamental and worthy to teach...
Re: Do Something Better With Your “tithes” by MaxInDHouse(m): 5:33am On Jun 22, 2022
desiredhome:

Please how do God receivers these tithe?....

Whenever God demands anything from man He (God) doesn't come down in person to receive it it's God's representative either man like you or angel that will see to it that you did what God requires.

So either sacrifice, praise, offering or tithe which are all part of our worship to God has never been done where God Himself will come down to collect anything from us.

The tithe was part of our worship as you can see that God actually demanded in that place but when the old covenant ended and a new one was established the mode of payment changed {Hebrews 7:11-12} we are no longer required to take anything to our place of worship in the name of tithes rather we must pay with our time, don't forget that time is money so each disciple must pay by spending time in the preaching and teaching campaign for God's Kingdom and we must report what we did to Christ {Mark 6:30} or his brothers (the born again Christians) Act 16:4

This is why you're seeing Jehovah's Witnesses always in the field preaching and teaching as we pay our tithes to our God through the commandment we received from His only begotten Son Jesus Christ! Matthew 28:18-20

Thanks for your time! smiley

1 Like

Re: Do Something Better With Your “tithes” by immaculatesense(m): 5:58am On Jun 22, 2022
MaxInDHouse:
If you want to learn then enroll i'm not ready for your give and take nonsense.
Farewell!

Okay sir
Re: Do Something Better With Your “tithes” by immaculatesense(m): 6:03am On Jun 22, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

Whenever God demands anything from man He (God) doesn't come down in person to receive it it's God's representative either man like you or angel that will see to it that you did what God requires.

So either sacrifice, praise, offering or tithe which are all part of our worship to God has never been done where God Himself will come down to collect anything from us.

The tithe was part of our worship as you can see that God actually demanded in that place but when the old covenant ended and a new one was established the mode of payment changed {Hebrews 7:11-12} we are no longer required to take anything to our place of worship in the name of tithes rather we must pay with our time, don't forget that time is money so each disciple must pay by spending time in the preaching and teaching campaign for God's Kingdom and we must report what we did to Christ {Mark 6:30} or his brothers (the born again Christians) Act 16:4

This is why you're seeing Jehovah's Witnesses always in the field preaching and teaching as we pay our tithes to our God through the commandment we received from His only begotten Son Jesus Christ! Matthew 28:18-20

Thanks for your time! smiley
Dear MaxinDHouse
Now I agree with u on this... compare this with ur write-up which I quoted...it's different...
On this one u put up here...I agree and ur 100% correct...

Praise God
Re: Do Something Better With Your “tithes” by MaxInDHouse(m): 6:15am On Jun 22, 2022
immaculatesense:

Dear MaxinDHouse
Now I agree with u on this... compare this with ur write-up which I quoted...it's different...
On this one u put up here...I agree and ur 100% correct...

Praise God

Your problem!
It's either you believe (trust) in the truth or stay with falsehood. If those taking the lead in your place of worship demands for tithes in form of money and you refuse to pay then you are against the Spirit being worshiped in that place and your life is in danger.
Spirits don't joke with the instructions given to their adherents it's either you comply or leave that premises for your own safety!

1 Like

Re: Do Something Better With Your “tithes” by immaculatesense(m): 5:02pm On Jun 22, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

Your problem!
It's either you believe (trust) in the truth or stay with falsehood. If those taking the lead in your place of worship demands for tithes in form of money and you refuse to pay then you are against the Spirit being worshiped in that place and your life is in danger.
Spirits don't joke with the instructions given to their adherents it's either you comply or leave that premises for your own safety!
Dear MaxinDHouse
Another heresy here...
Does another spirit leads the Church except Christ own spirit?
Can Christ spirit subject himself to denominationalism?
In danger? Lol...so,if a church u attend preaches heresy and things that negate God's word and interpretation...should we rather follow them blindly or stay true to God's word because we don't want to be in danger?

Reason it within urself "wether it is right to obey men or God"

Lol...ur asking me to pay tithe because church demand for it and for fear of danger?...ur something else...and u negate scriptures cos even tithes are agricultural produce (crops and animals) alone...levites never collected money...not even once in the scriptures and Judaism only practice Agricultural tithe anyways...
But u don't learn it read the scriptures yourself...na Dem say Dem say...our elders talk say...it was agreed amongst out brothers say...
So,I don't blame you

1 Like

Re: Do Something Better With Your “tithes” by MaxInDHouse(m): 6:55pm On Jun 22, 2022
immaculatesense:

Dear MaxinDHouse
Another heresy here...
Does another spirit leads the Church except Christ own spirit?
Can Christ spirit subject himself to denominationalism?
In danger? Lol...so,if a church u attend preaches heresy and things that negate God's word and interpretation...should we rather follow them blindly or stay true to God's word because we don't want to be in danger?

Reason it within urself "wether it is right to obey men or God"

Lol...ur asking me to pay tithe because church demand for it and for fear of danger?...ur something else...and u negate scriptures cos even tithes are agricultural produce (crops and animals) alone...levites never collected money...not even once in the scriptures and Judaism only practice Agricultural tithe anyways...
But u don't learn it read the scriptures yourself...na Dem say Dem say...our elders talk say...it was agreed amongst out brothers say...
So,I don't blame you

Whatever makes your church demands what Jesus didn't demand it simply means the spirit they're worshiping there is not the God that send Jesus.
Most of you wish that God will accept all the different forms of worship you people are putting up in the name of Jesus but know today that it's not so you're worshiping demons pretending to be angels of light. 2Corinthians 11:14
Those leading in your churches knows this fact that's why they will never agree with you that paying money in form of tithes is wrong. Matthew 24:11

Babylon the Great is the world empire of false religion where each of you can switch from one lane to another in the name of Jesus {Matthew 7:13-14} but that's not pure worship according to Jesus all of us must have the same line of thought! John 17:20-23

Jesus said Get out of Babylon the Great {Revelations 18:4} because it's the mother of all false religions claiming denominations in Christendom with contradicting teachings and conflicting doctrines! smiley
Re: Do Something Better With Your “tithes” by immaculatesense(m): 9:27pm On Jun 22, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

Whatever makes your church demands what Jesus didn't demand it simply means the spirit they're worshiping there is not the God that send Jesus.
Most of you wish that God will accept all the different forms of worship you people are putting up in the name of Jesus but know today that it's not so you're worshiping demons pretending to be angels of light. 2Corinthians 11:14
Those leading in your churches knows this fact that's why they will never agree with you that paying money in form of tithes is wrong. Matthew 24:11

Babylon the Great is the world empire of false religion where each of you can switch from one lane to another in the name of Jesus {Matthew 7:13-14} but that's not pure worship according to Jesus all of us must have the same line of thought! John 17:20-23

Jesus said Get out of Babylon the Great {Revelations 18:4} because it's the mother of all false religions claiming denominations in Christendom with contradicting teachings and conflicting doctrines! smiley
U are confused man...why is ur teachings conflicting in itself...
But don't worry...I give up on u as regards dis issue...cos ur speaking from two sides of ur mouth...so confusing
Re: Do Something Better With Your “tithes” by MaxInDHouse(m): 9:36pm On Jun 22, 2022
immaculatesense:

U are confused man...why is ur teachings conflicting in itself...
But don't worry...I give up on u as regards dis issue...cos ur speaking from two sides of ur mouth...so confusing

We are on parallel lines that can never meet so you and i aren't on the same page it's either you humbly learn or stay on your lane! wink

1 Like

Re: Do Something Better With Your “tithes” by immaculatesense(m): 9:58pm On Jun 22, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

We are on parallel lines that can never meet so you and i aren't on the same page it's either you humbly learn or stay on your lane! wink
Learn when ur saying nothing...u keep maneuvering. The question was simply...should we pay tithe(money or substance)?...my answer and analysis was clear as regards the law and it requirements to the Jew and the role of gentile Christians in keeping or not keeping the law.

But u MaxinDHouse has posted two different and conflicting views on the straight forward topic...ur neither here nor there and u want anyone to learn...come clean bro...it's a simple question

1 Like

Re: Do Something Better With Your “tithes” by MaxInDHouse(m): 10:15pm On Jun 22, 2022
immaculatesense:

Learn when ur saying nothing...u keep maneuvering. The question was simply...should we pay tithe(money or substance)?...my answer and analysis was clear as regards the law and it requirements to the Jew and the role of gentile Christians in keeping or not keeping the law.

But u MaxinDHouse has posted two different and conflicting views on the straight forward topic...ur neither here nor there and u want anyone to learn...come clean bro...it's a simple question

Who defined tithe, man or God?

When God declared that Israelites are robbing Him does it sound as if He's joking?

Ọmọ it's either you learn or stay on your lane.

The OP neither believe in God or the Bible so his mission is to make God's word sound stupid that's why i have to tell him that God's law is perfect and it will always be there.

Apostle Paul explained that when there is a change in priesthood there is also a necessity of the law. Hebrews 7:11-12

So we are still paying our tithes but rather than paying with material possessions we now pay with our time.

For your information, that's what Jesus meant when he said "store up treasures for yourself where thieves can't break in" {Matt 6:19-20} before anyone can pay tithes in the old covenant he/she must acquire material things out of which he must bring tenth of it to the temple, while he/she owns these things thieves can break in to rob him of his valuables because they also want those things, but in the new arrangement thieves don't value what Jesus is demanding as our high priest which is our time.

So among Jehovah's Witnesses the most valued members are those who spends more of their time in preaching and teaching about God's Kingdom because materially speaking they don't worth much but before the true God they worth more than Bill Gate or Elon Musk!

In your pentecostal churches those moneybags are most valued members yet you want to equate such a shrine of Mammon with God's organization.

No way!

It's either you submit to God's organization or keep to your lane! smiley

1 Like

Re: Do Something Better With Your “tithes” by immaculatesense(m): 10:33pm On Jun 22, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

Who defined tithe, man or God?

When God declared that Israelites are robbing Him does it sound as if He's joking?

Ọmọ it's either you learn or stay on your lane.

The OP neither believe in God or the Bible so his mission is to make God's word sound stupid that's why i have to tell him that God's law is perfect and it will always be there.

Apostle Paul explained that when there is a change in priesthood there is also a necessity of the law. Hebrews 7:11-12

So we are still paying our tithes but rather than paying with material possessions we now pay with our time.

For your information, that's what Jesus meant when he said "store up treasures for yourself where thieves can't break in" {Matt 6:19-20} before anyone can pay tithes in the old covenant he/she must acquire material things out of which he must bring tenth of it to the temple, while he/she owns these things thieves can break in to rob him of his valuables because they also want those things, but in the new arrangement thieves don't value what Jesus is demanding as our high priest which is our time.

So among Jehovah's Witnesses the most valued members are those who spends more of their time in preaching and teaching about God's Kingdom because materially speaking they don't worth much but before the true God they worth more than Bill Gate or Elon Musk!

In your pentecostal churches those moneybags are most valued members yet you want to equate such a shrine of Mammon with God's organization.

No way!

It's either you submit to God's organization or keep to your lane! smiley
Dear MaxinDHouse
You still available alot to learn on teaching and understanding...u are always not straight forward and conflicting...on wat u just put up now...I am 100% in support...but I don't know...wen u want to reply this my comment now...u will still write something that will conflict wat u put up there.
So,pls don't reply or reply without avin to talk much or at all again...wat u put up now is perfect...don't water it down again...

And I av always told u...maybe ur advertising for free Sha...this ur sectionalism mentality...u need to work on it ooo...u don't av to join the group called Jehovah's witnesses before u can be a child of God...it is never a prerequisite...Christ alone is...

1 Like

Re: Do Something Better With Your “tithes” by MaxInDHouse(m): 10:39pm On Jun 22, 2022
immaculatesense:

Dear MaxinDHouse
You still available alot to learn on teaching and understanding...u are always not straight forward and conflicting...on wat u just put up now...I am 100% in support...but I don't know...wen u want to reply this my comment now...u will still write something that will conflict wat u put up there.
So,pls don't reply or reply without avin to talk much or at all again...wat u put up now is perfect...don't water it down again...

And I av always told u...maybe ur advertising for free Sha...this ur sectionalism mentality...u need to work on it ooo...u don't av to join the group called Jehovah's witnesses before u can be a child of God...it is never a prerequisite...Christ alone is...

No matter how you run you can't hide away from the truth so stop deceiving yourself.

Whatever you hear from me only comes from Jehovah's Witnesses organization so if you're not ready to join us forget it, you're not on the same page with us! Luke 11:23; 2John 10-11 smiley

1 Like

Re: Do Something Better With Your “tithes” by immaculatesense(m): 10:18am On Jun 23, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

No matter how you run you can't hide away from the truth so stop deceiving yourself.

Whatever you hear from me only comes from Jehovah's Witnesses organization so if you're not ready to join us forget it, you're not on the same page with us! Luke 11:23; 2John 10-11 smiley
From ur words people can notice that u preach division and if ur not with us ur against us mentality...
I preach unity in the body if Christ..no matter ur race,colour, language,nation, denomination etc...as long as the banner is Christ...no matter who u are and wer ur from...u are my brother and we are one...
Luke 9:49-50
[49]John said to Jesus, “Master, we saw someone using your name to cast out demons, but we told him to stop because he isn’t in OUR GROUP.”
[50]But Jesus said, “Don’t stop him! Anyone who is not against you is for you.”

If Jesus can do dat...who am I to segregate?

2 Likes

Re: Do Something Better With Your “tithes” by MaxInDHouse(m): 12:44pm On Jun 23, 2022
immaculatesense:

From ur words people can notice that u preach division and if ur not with us ur against us mentality...
I preach unity in the body if Christ..no matter ur race,colour, language,nation, denomination etc...as long as the banner is Christ...no matter who u are and wer ur from...u are my brother and we are one...
Luke 9:49-50
[49]John said to Jesus, “Master, we saw someone using your name to cast out demons, but we told him to stop because he isn’t in OUR GROUP.”
[50]But Jesus said, “Don’t stop him! Anyone who is not against you is for you.”

If Jesus can do dat...who am I to segregate?

I've told you that if you want to learn then enroll but if you think you already have your own religion, no wahala.

Jesus' disciples were talking about someone who believes and teaches what he had Jesus teaching so he's already with them in the spirit!
But after the Holy Spirit has chosen the elders and Apostles in JERUSALEM all believers must report to the Apostles and elders in Jerusalem {Act 2:42} so that all disciples may have the same line of thought! 1Corinthians 1:10 compare John 17:20-23

That's why the names of those through whom everyone must learn about Jesus were inscribed in heaven! Revelations 21:14

If you're not connected to that source then you are not one of us! smiley
Re: Do Something Better With Your “tithes” by immaculatesense(m): 3:06pm On Jun 23, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

I've told you that if you want to learn then enroll but if you think you already have your own religion, no wahala.

Jesus' disciples were talking about someone who believes and teaches what he had Jesus teaching so he's already with them in the spirit!
But after the Holy Spirit has chosen the elders and Apostles in JERUSALEM all believers must report to the Apostles and elders in Jerusalem {Act 2:42} so that all disciples may have the same line of thought! 1Corinthians 1:10 compare John 17:20-23

That's why the names of those through whom everyone must learn about Jesus were inscribed in heaven! Revelations 21:14

If you're not connected to that source then you are not one of us! smiley

No denomination can lay claim to the soirce or foundation...the foundation is solidly layed and every leader only builds on it...but ur impossible anyways...do u even wish anyone to perish...if I can av my way...even the most wicked person will enter the rest of God...but God is the decider...so,why will u even look for way to discredit instead of having a heart dat even find the slightest reason to justify people. Seems u preach to fulfil a commission...I preach to win souls and not to FULFIL a commission as priority (fulfilment is not my priority but to bring people to Christ with the slightest of opportunity not looking for slightest way to discredit people)
1 Corinthians 3:4-5,9-11
[4]When one of you says, “I am a follower of Paul,” and another says, “I follow Apollos,” aren’t you acting just like people of the world?
[5]After all, who is Apollos? Who is Paul? We are only God’s servants through whom you believed the Good News. Each of us did the work the Lord gave us.
[9]For we are both God’s workers. And you are God’s field. You are God’s building.
[10]Because of God’s grace to me, I have laid the foundation like an expert builder. Now others are building on it. But whoever is building on this foundation must be very careful.
[11]For no one can lay any foundation other than the one we already have—Jesus Christ.

1 Like

Re: Do Something Better With Your “tithes” by MaxInDHouse(m): 3:12pm On Jun 23, 2022
immaculatesense:

No denomination can lay claim to the soirce or foundation...the foundation is solidly layed and every leader only builds on it...but ur impossible anyways...do u even wish anyone to perish...if I can av my way...even the most wicked person will enter the rest of God...but God is the decider...so,why will u even look for way to discredit instead of having a heart dat even find the slightest reason to justify people. Seems u preach to fulfil a commission...I preach to win souls and not to FULFIL a commission as priority (fulfilment is not my priority but to bring people to Christ with the slightest of opportunity not looking for slightest way to discredit people)
1 Corinthians 3:4-5,9-11
[4]When one of you says, “I am a follower of Paul,” and another says, “I follow Apollos,” aren’t you acting just like people of the world?
[5]After all, who is Apollos? Who is Paul? We are only God’s servants through whom you believed the Good News. Each of us did the work the Lord gave us.
[9]For we are both God’s workers. And you are God’s field. You are God’s building.
[10]Because of God’s grace to me, I have laid the foundation like an expert builder. Now others are building on it. But whoever is building on this foundation must be very careful.
[11]For no one can lay any foundation other than the one we already have—Jesus Christ.

I have told you from the start that you are not my brother, you can't be my brother and you will never be my brother if you're not one of JWs.
So hold onto whatever you want to believe you and i aren't on the same page! smiley
Re: Do Something Better With Your “tithes” by immaculatesense(m): 9:18pm On Jun 23, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

I have told you from the start that you are not my brother, you can't be my brother and you will never be my brother if you're not one of JWs.
So hold onto whatever you want to believe you and i aren't on the same page! smiley
You are my Brother and I love you no matter where u belong JWs are great people and I love them all... including you
Re: Do Something Better With Your “tithes” by MaxInDHouse(m): 10:00pm On Jun 23, 2022
immaculatesense:

You are my Brother and I love you no matter where u belong JWs are great people and I love them all... including you

I know that you appreciate knowledge but you don't feel like being part of it rather you want to stick to falsehood yet claiming you're part of the truth.

You're my neighbour for sure and it's under must that i love you as i love myself {Mark 12:31} most of you don't know what that really mean well it simply means i should do whatever i will do to you as i would myself. So at times i do deprive myself some things just as Jesus also do deprive himself of some things. Matthew 4:3-4
But as for my brother i must love him exactly the same way Jesus loves me {John 13:34-35} which means i must be prepared to surrender my life if the need be for my brother in the faith! John 15:12-13

So i love you as my neighbour just as i would everyone around me but not the same way i love my brothers in the truth! Galatians 6:10

1 Like

Re: Do Something Better With Your “tithes” by immaculatesense(m): 10:07pm On Jun 23, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

I know that you appreciate knowledge but you don't feel like being part of it rather you want to stick to falsehood yet claiming you're part of the truth.

You're my neighbour for sure and it's under must that i love you as i love myself {Mark 12:31} most of you don't know what that really mean well it simply means i should do whatever i will do to you as i would myself. So at times i do deprive myself some things just as Jesus also do deprive himself of some things. Matthew 4:3-4
But as for my brother i must love him exactly the same way Jesus loves me {John 13:34-35} which means i must be prepared to surrender my life if the need be for my brother in the faith! John 15:12-13

So i love you as my neighbour just as i would everyone around me but not the same way i love my brothers in the truth! Galatians 6:10
Smile...

(1) (Reply)

Anikulapo Actor: “I Will Open A Church If I Had The Akala Powers" (video) / Yoruba In South America (Pix) / Thomas Called Jesus, My Lord And My God. Jesus Didn't Say, I Am Not God.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 143
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.