Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,217 members, 7,957,491 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 01:38 PM

We Will Decentralise National Grid, Invest $550m To Boost Power Supply – Buhari - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We Will Decentralise National Grid, Invest $550m To Boost Power Supply – Buhari (31072 Views)

Wole Soyinka: Nigeria On Suicide Slide, Must Decentralise Fast / TCN Confirms Collapse Of National Grid / NEC Resolves To Decentralise Nigeria Police (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: We Will Decentralise National Grid, Invest $550m To Boost Power Supply – Buhari by Gainman: 6:38am On Jun 22, 2022
tuoyoojo:
Lol

This man forgets that he has spent 7 years in government and he is still saying "we will, we will"

Talking as though he is still campaigning

How is the light situation in your area

If its good , sit at home

If not get ur pvc and vote Peter obi

Obi may not be the best but he is better than the two old people who have nothing to offer
must u people always come online to tell people who to vote for. Every where online vote for Obi. Why will u be telling adults who to vote for. It can't work. Each everyone has who he or she will vote for.
Re: We Will Decentralise National Grid, Invest $550m To Boost Power Supply – Buhari by Temi2468: 6:38am On Jun 22, 2022
tuoyoojo:
Lol

This man forgets that he has spent 7 years in government and he is still saying "we will, we will"

Obi may not be the best but he is better than the two old people who have nothing to offer

You are right
Re: We Will Decentralise National Grid, Invest $550m To Boost Power Supply – Buhari by Gallantrugged: 6:38am On Jun 22, 2022
THE LAST MUNITE THEFT TACTICS, IF YOU KNOW THE GAME, YOU ALREADY KNOW
Re: We Will Decentralise National Grid, Invest $550m To Boost Power Supply – Buhari by TruthinAction: 6:39am On Jun 22, 2022
The federal government is bitting more than it can chew. It is carrying loads too heavy for him. And they do not want to drop the loads because of greed.

Remove power, security and the petroleum industry from exclusive list and this nation will move forward.
Re: We Will Decentralise National Grid, Invest $550m To Boost Power Supply – Buhari by Mexyz(m): 6:40am On Jun 22, 2022
Sometimes when he speaks, he does it excellently, enticing and full of hope, but to implement becomes a big problem to him and the rest of his useless ministers.

Abeg do make you comot next year, the sufferings wey we don pass through don do.
Re: We Will Decentralise National Grid, Invest $550m To Boost Power Supply – Buhari by WHITELIGHTER: 6:41am On Jun 22, 2022
Lol, 10 months to go, and they are still campaigning...the "we will" govt
Re: We Will Decentralise National Grid, Invest $550m To Boost Power Supply – Buhari by Eriokanmi: 6:42am On Jun 22, 2022
tuoyoojo:
Lol

I had not even read your comment before posting mine....as if he was campaigning as an aspirant...still saying we will, we will, when his 2 l-term tenure is almost gone. Yet, some gullibile and tribalistic bigots are talking of apc's comeback today, Godforbid!. Nigeria is really a case study. Other African countries must not copy us again else , they'd be just like us. Rather, they should copy civilised and developed world. Except they dont mind coming to learn how to be inept, clueless and corrupt as a nation. Calling Nigeria a giant of Africa is a joke...maybe in population. Before anyone attacks me, in not ipob but a Nigerian who aspires for a change and a better country.

Someone travelled to Egypt last week to understudy their electricity because he had already known the problems of Nigeria and ready to solve it. He should be the one saying we will, we will because he's an aspirant not buhari. That means these people suddenly woke up to study Nigeria's problem because Obi had woken them up on how to do things right.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: We Will Decentralise National Grid, Invest $550m To Boost Power Supply – Buhari by Oyecool: 6:42am On Jun 22, 2022
I just don't understand you people are always negative is it GEJ that box us into the nonsense by sacking Prof. Berth Nnaji for rejecting the idea of privatization of power sector without due process and placement of non revocable clause to deter subsequent President to severe the devilish contract.
tuoyoojo:
Lol

Re: We Will Decentralise National Grid, Invest $550m To Boost Power Supply – Buhari by Angelfrost(m): 6:43am On Jun 22, 2022
redcliff:
Useless mofo don forget say him dey comot next year. No touch any funds for that account abeg.

Which account?!! Lol... Buhari don sell una country since na! grin
Re: We Will Decentralise National Grid, Invest $550m To Boost Power Supply – Buhari by Reference(m): 6:43am On Jun 22, 2022
'We will' people.
Government of "we willers'.
Now in it's twilight with a few months to go shouldn't it be writing it's Will.
Re: We Will Decentralise National Grid, Invest $550m To Boost Power Supply – Buhari by showafrica(m): 6:44am On Jun 22, 2022
Re: We Will Decentralise National Grid, Invest $550m To Boost Power Supply – Buhari by SeaTrade(m): 6:45am On Jun 22, 2022
subsidywise18:

Well, his government still makes the mistake of setting prices for private power companies, and does nothing much about power theft...so....
I think that's why they want to decentralise power generation and transmission, to take away the subsidy removal blame from the FG because if states become autonomous for power generation and transmission, its inevitable that they'll remove any sort of subsidy associated with it cos they can't even afford it.
So let the states do the dirty work for them and I believe the populace will accept it easier if states were responsible than the FG,nobody wants anarchy so you don't just jump up and do things without thinking about how the people will react to that effect.
Re: We Will Decentralise National Grid, Invest $550m To Boost Power Supply – Buhari by Reference(m): 6:46am On Jun 22, 2022
Oyecool:
I just don't understand you people are always negative is it GEJ that box us into the nonsense by sacking Prof. Berth Nnaji for rejecting the idea of privatization of power sector without due process and placement of non revocable clause to deter subsequent President to severe the devilish contract.

This one is still in 2013 or 14 doing history lessons.

Anyway Nigerians are still blaming Lord Luggard whom I'm certain blamed Mungo Park before him.

Meanwhile they are preparing to elect another fossil into office.

Na una Sabi.

1 Like

Re: We Will Decentralise National Grid, Invest $550m To Boost Power Supply – Buhari by ceejayluv(m): 6:47am On Jun 22, 2022
"We Will"?? After seven years?
Re: We Will Decentralise National Grid, Invest $550m To Boost Power Supply – Buhari by Angelfrost(m): 6:49am On Jun 22, 2022
anonimi:

Peter Obi is just another scam waiting to unveil itself, just like Milo sachet pretender Bubu, if ever he is given power.
Should we not be wiser now after seven years of pretentious pauper Bubu

Yes, he is another scam... So, who would you prefer?!! Let's here it.
Re: We Will Decentralise National Grid, Invest $550m To Boost Power Supply – Buhari by gladdensir(m): 6:49am On Jun 22, 2022
Eight months and some days to go. Keep on deceiving yourself buhari

Re: We Will Decentralise National Grid, Invest $550m To Boost Power Supply – Buhari by Soulsymbol99: 6:50am On Jun 22, 2022
550m dollars, this one na farewell package angry
Re: We Will Decentralise National Grid, Invest $550m To Boost Power Supply – Buhari by Nobody: 6:50am On Jun 22, 2022
tuoyoojo:
Lol

Hahaha. Don’t mind the Aboki. His brain has reset to campaign mode forgetting his time is almost up. When I first saw the headline I thought it was even one of the candidates saying it.
Re: We Will Decentralise National Grid, Invest $550m To Boost Power Supply – Buhari by doublecross(m): 6:50am On Jun 22, 2022
After how many years! He wants to waste our money! Ba*tard!
Re: We Will Decentralise National Grid, Invest $550m To Boost Power Supply – Buhari by Smhaykins(m): 6:51am On Jun 22, 2022
ArewaNorth:

https://dailynigerian.com/decentralise-national-grid/

Anybody campaigning for obi on this platform should always put their name and tribe, I want to be sure that Nigeria has truly accepted obi and not the Igbo youths that is trying to force him down our throat.

I initially planned voting for tinubu, not because of competency, but I don't want atiku another fulani to take over from Buhari.

If obi is not generally accepted, he should not devide southern votes for tinubu, because atiku will have block votes in the North
Re: We Will Decentralise National Grid, Invest $550m To Boost Power Supply – Buhari by CSTRR: 6:51am On Jun 22, 2022
You only have one year in power, you clown.

Give way to Peter obi and let the man work.
Re: We Will Decentralise National Grid, Invest $550m To Boost Power Supply – Buhari by israelmao(m): 6:52am On Jun 22, 2022
Buhari planning to centralize power after more than 7years in office.I rest my case.If you like go vand vote for Tinubu in order to extend the experience of Mr.Lifeless' tenure.
Re: We Will Decentralise National Grid, Invest $550m To Boost Power Supply – Buhari by CSTRR: 6:52am On Jun 22, 2022
Smhaykins:

Anybody campaigning for obi on this platform should always put their name and tribe, I want to be sure that Nigeria has truly accepted obi and not the Igbo youths that is trying to force him down our throat.

I initially planned voting for tinubu, not because of competency, but I don't want atiku another fulani to take over from Buhari.

If obi is not generally accepted, he should not devide southern votes for tinubu, because atiku will have block votes in the North
Obi is generally accepted, atiku is not.

The only advantage he has is the pdp.

Vote for obi, don't waste your vote on atiku.

Tinubu is no option.
That guy has nothing to offer. He will make it far worse than he met it.

1 Like

Re: We Will Decentralise National Grid, Invest $550m To Boost Power Supply – Buhari by caracas: 6:55am On Jun 22, 2022
cheesy
Naiira:
Baba please share the money make we use am buy generator; for the most part, I go trust the gen set pass una lies…

Please let’s all be Obi-dient and put an end to all these benighted politicians who are lost in primitive barbarity.

Injury time looting loading…
werey
grin
Re: We Will Decentralise National Grid, Invest $550m To Boost Power Supply – Buhari by CSTRR: 6:57am On Jun 22, 2022
When Peter obi was going to Egypt,some animals were clowning.

One clown even said we have enough electrical engineers as if Nigeria's problem is a lack of talent.

Well, I guess Buhari did not use the electrical Engineers you want him to use in 8yrs.

Egypt doubled their power generation in one single term of Muhammed Buhari.
Re: We Will Decentralise National Grid, Invest $550m To Boost Power Supply – Buhari by Bosenan: 6:58am On Jun 22, 2022
openmine:
Smh
What is holding the senate from passing the bill to decentralize electricity?
The real decentralization should happen in states!
Remove the electricity/power supply laws in the constitution from the exclusive list and place it on the concurrent list!
In other words,States should be empowered to build gencos(generating company),trancos(transmitting company) and discos(distribution company) or they can simply give licences to private power companies to provide electricity to the citizens of that state!
This will ensure that buoyant states like Lagos or rivers state will provide their own power without relying on the national grid that is always subject to frequent collapse!
Any state that cannot provide their own power can either continue with the national grid or tap from states with the funds or capacity to generate,transmit and distribute electricity!
I do not see the entire country having stable power supply using the national grid!
There must be division of labour and the states government must assume that responsibility to provide or give licences to companies to provide power instead of waiting for the FG to do such!

Did you read the post at all? The senate passed that bill already, it was in the news earlier in the year. Investors are making moves already, that's why Ote$ dumped his FBN shares to go into the sector.

Man is going to join the billionaires' club soon cos there is massive potential in that sector once government stops fixing prices of utilities which they will eventually as IMF continues to mount pressure on subsidy removal
Re: We Will Decentralise National Grid, Invest $550m To Boost Power Supply – Buhari by VirileNelly2420: 6:59am On Jun 22, 2022
redcliff:
Useless mofo don forget say him dey comot next year. No touch any funds for that account abeg.
Funds for which account?
Abi make he no borrow again..

Dem don finish naija tey tey
Re: We Will Decentralise National Grid, Invest $550m To Boost Power Supply – Buhari by Nicoddemus(m): 6:59am On Jun 22, 2022
Someone should tell him not to do anything again for us. Infact let him take us back to 2015.

E choke no be small

Re: We Will Decentralise National Grid, Invest $550m To Boost Power Supply – Buhari by foreshore(m): 7:00am On Jun 22, 2022
ArewaNorth:

https://dailynigerian.com/decentralise-national-grid/

Lol, what you didn't do in almost 8 Years, you now want us to believe you will be able to do in less 9 months. You've always been a joke all your life
Re: We Will Decentralise National Grid, Invest $550m To Boost Power Supply – Buhari by timefarm(m): 7:00am On Jun 22, 2022
We wil, we will...
After 7 years we will, we will.
Re: We Will Decentralise National Grid, Invest $550m To Boost Power Supply – Buhari by CSTRR: 7:01am On Jun 22, 2022
SlyfoxxjReturns:

Hahaha. Don’t mind the Aboki. His brain has reset to campaign mode forgetting his time is almost up. When I first saw the headline I thought it was even one of the candidates saying it.
The moment apc finished their primaries, governnace had ended.

Buhari is now on an vacation mode.

All the apc stalwarts would be going more frequently to bourdillion and lesser to aso rock.

And since the apc stalwerts are the ones in govt right now, it means our seat of power has moved to Ikoyi.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Which State Is The Most Peaceful In Nigeria? / Zahra Buhari Indimi Poses With Her In-Laws (Photos) / President Buhari Arrives Burkina Faso For ECOWAS Summit (PHOTOS)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.