Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,300 members, 7,819,018 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:01 AM

Student Faces Disciplinary Action For Drinking Water From Bottle’ During Dinner - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Student Faces Disciplinary Action For Drinking Water From Bottle’ During Dinner (24177 Views)

Adamawa SUG President: Policemen In Viral Video To Face Disciplinary Sanctions / UNILAG Students Dragging Water From A Broken Tap / Covenant University Suspended Student For Drinking Coke With Two Straws (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Student Faces Disciplinary Action For Drinking Water From Bottle’ During Dinner by money121(m): 2:59pm On Jun 22, 2022
Ok
Re: Student Faces Disciplinary Action For Drinking Water From Bottle’ During Dinner by constance500: 2:59pm On Jun 22, 2022
Make he no drink water again
Re: Student Faces Disciplinary Action For Drinking Water From Bottle’ During Dinner by Antoeni(m): 2:59pm On Jun 22, 2022
The Home Training You Lack At Home , A Sane Society Will Give it to you Outside Home. May God Bless All Responsible Parents
Re: Student Faces Disciplinary Action For Drinking Water From Bottle’ During Dinner by CheapHomes1: 3:00pm On Jun 22, 2022
delzbaba:
he will repeat that dinner definitely.

I guess you mean "indefinitely". That's a good punishment sha
Re: Student Faces Disciplinary Action For Drinking Water From Bottle’ During Dinner by eldoradoxx: 3:01pm On Jun 22, 2022
Law dinner, the food I hear that is strictly eaten only by lawyers and in total secrecy where they re initiated into the ministry of lying.
Re: Student Faces Disciplinary Action For Drinking Water From Bottle’ During Dinner by Reference(m): 3:02pm On Jun 22, 2022
"Dinner', not "Owambe', charge and bail please beware..... angry

1 Like

Re: Student Faces Disciplinary Action For Drinking Water From Bottle’ During Dinner by Bluezy13(m): 3:03pm On Jun 22, 2022
Just give a reason why you should not be punished. Any reason at all will suffice.

The letter never read you should give a reason why you drank the water from the bottle, it only read you should justify your actions. A smart person will justify his action which will lead to little or no punishment.

As long as it is in the law, you deserve to be queried irrespective of how inconsequential the law is.
This is a smart way of knowing smart people.

Defend yourself even when you're caught in the act or seek less or no punishment...that's what makes you a lawyer.
Re: Student Faces Disciplinary Action For Drinking Water From Bottle’ During Dinner by protoncub: 3:03pm On Jun 22, 2022
Pathokpo:

With full orisirisi. Please can I repeat with him.
He will also repeat the fees with full orisirisi. Do you still want to repeat with him?
Re: Student Faces Disciplinary Action For Drinking Water From Bottle’ During Dinner by Albedo27(m): 3:03pm On Jun 22, 2022
You mean drank water like this.....?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Student Faces Disciplinary Action For Drinking Water From Bottle’ During Dinner by eldoradoxx: 3:04pm On Jun 22, 2022
admax:
When I thought I've seen it all grin grin

What level of ridiculousness is this?

It is not ridiculous as u think, there are table manner. Sipping water directly from a bottle where there are glasses to drink with does not look like the behavior of a civilized person dining in a law school
Re: Student Faces Disciplinary Action For Drinking Water From Bottle’ During Dinner by Anaerobi(m): 3:08pm On Jun 22, 2022
LoL... Peter Obi drank water from glass cup, BAT drank from Water Bottle
grin

So they learnt from BAT

1 Like

Re: Student Faces Disciplinary Action For Drinking Water From Bottle’ During Dinner by Zelenskyy(m): 3:10pm On Jun 22, 2022
Simply reply the director and tell him that you needed to drink water because you were choking to death

And you saw flies inside the glasses in front of you...

That was why you guzzled from the bottle .

And learn from your mistake... Don't try it again.

1 Like

Re: Student Faces Disciplinary Action For Drinking Water From Bottle’ During Dinner by ppogba: 3:12pm On Jun 22, 2022
By bringing out the issue now, he/ she wants the usual social media sympathy and useless out- pouring of emotions.

If as a law student you cannot adhere to simple laws written in black and white, when you eventually end up as charge and bail you now begin to blame innocent people back in the village.

Your wailing starts now and if you are not sure how to go about it ask Lawan.

1 Like

Re: Student Faces Disciplinary Action For Drinking Water From Bottle’ During Dinner by salem1996: 3:13pm On Jun 22, 2022
admax:
When I thought I've seen it all grin grin

What level of ridiculousness is this?

The guy sister have once rejected the judges proposal to marry h ;Dim maybe
Re: Student Faces Disciplinary Action For Drinking Water From Bottle’ During Dinner by bigtt76(f): 3:18pm On Jun 22, 2022
This na family matter ..they have their etiquette for dinners, Sahara should not make it look like its witch hunting joooor

Solidkay:

Source: http://saharareporters.com/2022/06/22/nigerian-law-school-student-faces-disciplinary-action-%E2%80%98drinking-water-directly-bottle%E2%80%99
Re: Student Faces Disciplinary Action For Drinking Water From Bottle’ During Dinner by Pathokpo: 3:19pm On Jun 22, 2022
protoncub:

He will also repeat the fees with full orisirisi. Do you still want to repeat with him?
[right][/right] grin grin

1 Like

Re: Student Faces Disciplinary Action For Drinking Water From Bottle’ During Dinner by adonainana: 3:41pm On Jun 22, 2022
Nice Effort at upholding some professional ethics

But Nigeria na lawless jungle now,

Even right in front of the same lagos law school there in V,I. adeola hopewell street once its 10 pm, prostitutes come out and the passing public can pick them.

Just tells you how Nigeria is,

what is the point of drinking from a glass cup inside law school when oloshos and strip clubs dey outside law school

Quilox night club is behind Nigerian Law school too so most Nigerian law students the big ballers are always there

Nigeria is just too problematic for any super doper ethics to work

So whether you drink from a bottle ooo or you drink from cup or you drink from the stream, Armed robbers are already waiting for you once its dark on Carter bridge, so whats the point of the pointless ethics

Nigeria is slightly going down the drain

2 Likes

Re: Student Faces Disciplinary Action For Drinking Water From Bottle’ During Dinner by CaptainFM1: 3:46pm On Jun 22, 2022
See these people ooo. With all the problem wey dey this country
Re: Student Faces Disciplinary Action For Drinking Water From Bottle’ During Dinner by GodisFirst: 3:48pm On Jun 22, 2022
Since when did this become an offence. I saw a picture of a serving Governor who is also a lawyer drinking water from a bottle, how much more a law student. Please free the student.
Re: Student Faces Disciplinary Action For Drinking Water From Bottle’ During Dinner by ajerimitan: 4:08pm On Jun 22, 2022
Lawyers can manage the truth better. But sore throat, medicine administers into the water in the bottle. Didn't want to bother those sitting next to you with the saint coming from the water in the bottle due to administered medicine, won't like to mess up the cup too. Or you may have genuine reason
Re: Student Faces Disciplinary Action For Drinking Water From Bottle’ During Dinner by Nobody: 4:22pm On Jun 22, 2022
Oh boy! If law dinner is still a coursework, this chap has missed call to bar for not being fit and Hproper during law dinner.

Just like that, his mates will be called and he won’t. I sure hope the disciplinary committee tempers justice with mercy . Especially if he does not have record of previous query.

During my time, I was issued a query for not wearing my ID card on my neck.

God had mercy on me and the query was withdrawn. Law school sweet sha.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Student Faces Disciplinary Action For Drinking Water From Bottle’ During Dinner by Tekil: 4:23pm On Jun 22, 2022
Or could it be the student is allergic to glass cups?

Or there was a little broken side in the glass cup and the student was afraid of injuring his lips while using it to drink.

The student knows how to defend him/herself I believe.
Re: Student Faces Disciplinary Action For Drinking Water From Bottle’ During Dinner by josephevergreen(m): 4:28pm On Jun 22, 2022
My lord ..drinking with cup is against my personal ethics .
Re: Student Faces Disciplinary Action For Drinking Water From Bottle’ During Dinner by Shyboyk(m): 4:47pm On Jun 22, 2022

1 Like

Re: Student Faces Disciplinary Action For Drinking Water From Bottle’ During Dinner by Konjiboii: 5:04pm On Jun 22, 2022
Normal etiquette people no get na so my side chic prepare food carry pot come serve me just because she's avoiding to wash plate, that was the end of that affair, can't be seen dealing with bush girls.
Re: Student Faces Disciplinary Action For Drinking Water From Bottle’ During Dinner by swissgoldenpro2: 5:28pm On Jun 22, 2022
Wahala for who no get table manners
Re: Student Faces Disciplinary Action For Drinking Water From Bottle’ During Dinner by Cousin9999: 5:33pm On Jun 22, 2022
What?
Re: Student Faces Disciplinary Action For Drinking Water From Bottle’ During Dinner by delpee(f): 5:36pm On Jun 22, 2022
Rules are meant to be obeyed. A lawyer should comply with the law.

By the way, they were teaching them table manners/good etiquette.
Re: Student Faces Disciplinary Action For Drinking Water From Bottle’ During Dinner by esthel(f): 6:05pm On Jun 22, 2022
Lagos law school campus always doing too much, while other campuses wore flat shoes for their dinner they will insist it must be leather court shoes with heel. On the day of Call to bar I was shocked seeing people with flat patent shoes.

Things that do not matter in practice
Re: Student Faces Disciplinary Action For Drinking Water From Bottle’ During Dinner by Enskynelson(m): 7:02pm On Jun 22, 2022
Not bad. A lawyer must learn how to read the laws, understand and abide by it. But in his case, he has failed.
Re: Student Faces Disciplinary Action For Drinking Water From Bottle’ During Dinner by Testimony1988(m): 7:03pm On Jun 22, 2022
Funny.
Re: Student Faces Disciplinary Action For Drinking Water From Bottle’ During Dinner by folake4u(f): 7:19pm On Jun 22, 2022
esthel:
Lagos law school campus always doing too much, while other campuses wore flat shoes for their dinner they will insist it must be leather court shoes with heel. On the day of Call to bar I was shocked seeing people with flat patent shoes.

Things that do not matter in practice

You are right.
Lagos Law School campus are ALWAYS ALWAYS doing too much. It's very irking.

Other campuses are very chill, but NLS Lagos always do oversabi. angry

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

(18+) The Japanese Unclad Art Class Photos & Video / Ekiti Students Protest Fee Hike, Fayose’s Policies / Snake: JAMB Registrar, Oloyede Blasts Nigerians For Joking Over Missing N36m

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.