Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,127 members, 7,821,864 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:20 PM

Ijaw Itsekiri Crisis Again - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ijaw Itsekiri Crisis Again (14661 Views)

Itsekiri Nation Disowns Calls For Creation Of Biafra Republic / Wukari Crisis Again... / Jos Crisis Again (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ijaw Itsekiri Crisis Again by Obiagu1(m): 4:16am On Jul 23, 2011
Seriously, I like Ijaw people.

I dey by the side dey watch them as they continue their journey from water to land.
Re: Ijaw Itsekiri Crisis Again by seanet02: 4:20am On Jul 23, 2011
Obiagu1:

All these Yoruba internet warriors with their big foul mouths.
So the Itekiris were sacked from their land for years yet you did nothing

I think it's time all of you abstain from posting on NL for one year. Yeye!
You did not get it do you? We also have their lands we hijack from them during their crises with us. They are only trying to breach an agreement we have with them that nobody builds on lands currently occupied and claimed by the other side. We are not breaching it, why should they?
Re: Ijaw Itsekiri Crisis Again by Obiagu1(m): 4:22am On Jul 23, 2011
^^^

A beg, zip it!
Re: Ijaw Itsekiri Crisis Again by ChinenyeN(m): 4:33am On Jul 23, 2011
9ja voice:

don't call igbo's too, bcus igbo's take the ijaws as little brother's and ca never fight them nor abandon the incase of war.
Wetin you dey talk? Which Igbo? Which kain brotherhood?

1 Like

Re: Ijaw Itsekiri Crisis Again by Chyz2: 6:39am On Jul 23, 2011
seanet02:

You did not get it do you? We also have their lands we hijack from them during their crises with us. They are only trying to breach an agreement we have with them that nobody builds on lands currently occupied and claimed by the other side. We are not breaching it, why should they?

Where's the "We" coming from? You are itsekiri now? Lol grin

Any land gotten from the ijaw by itsekiri has been by the help of the Uduaghan(itsekiri man) administration, not war. Itsekiri are too weak for the ijaw.

1 Like

Re: Ijaw Itsekiri Crisis Again by Nobody: 6:41am On Jul 23, 2011
I guess we cant make love in Nigeria again. Everybody is pushing at each other's throat, either getting too hard or too soft.

lol
Re: Ijaw Itsekiri Crisis Again by seanet02: 7:22am On Jul 23, 2011
Chyz*:

Where's the "We" coming from? You are itsekiri now? Lol grin

Any land gotten from the ijaw by itsekiri has been by the help of the Uduaghan(itsekiri man) administration, not war. Itsekiri are too weak for the ijaw.
So Uduaghan Was there in 2002.
Re: Ijaw Itsekiri Crisis Again by kpogede77: 8:23am On Jul 23, 2011
I dey laugh oooo, Aja!, Na Ijaw man be president o, Itsekiri and Ijaw war is a very dangerous war to fight because of the tendency to quickly spread to Ondo and even Lagos. It quickly lead to instability in the Niger Delta and when there is instability, oil production will drop which will translate into poor performance on the part of GEJ + Boko Haram. I dey laugh oooooooo.
Itsekiris have what they have, there is already a balance of terror, in any warri crises the Ijaws suffer the most once warri river is blocked. They depend on Warri for food supply to the creek. Itsekiris have airport in Escravos that they can use to transport goods and people.

Did Itsekiri beg Ijaw to stop Warri crises? It was the fire for fire that stop Warri crises when it became apparent that Egbesu could no longer stop Itsekiri bullet. Itsekiris are use to dying, we are not afraid of death but for every one Itsekiri that will die in any new war, 10 Ijaws will go down. We have become more sophisticated than ever, they know our capability, even though we are not much.

Do you know that it was Ijaw and Itsekiri crises that led to militancy?, they were tired of fighting itsekiri because it is a dangerous fight, do you know who is Itsekiri in Urhobo village? can an Ijaw man be safe in my Urhobo village after killing my mothers people? It is a dangerous war for them they know it, they will rather call for settlement, it is cheaper for them.

@Jason123
I never called for Niger Delta republic, Check draft constitution for Oduduwa rep. you will see where I stated it clearly that Niger Delta rep is not possible, the Urhobos will not want to be in the same country with Ijaws. Any Ijaw in the three Warri LG who is not confortable with Oduduwa rep should relocate to Bayelsa. Ijaws are customary tenant in Warri. Warri is the same as Itsekiri, Itsekiri is Warri(Iwere) , any one who say he is from Warri is indirectly or directly saying he is Itsekiri. If an Ijaw man is allowed to set up a fishing camp anywhere, after 20 years, he will say that is his community, even though he clearly knows he is from Bayelsa.

MEND is not an Ijaw organisation even though they are more in MEND. MEND is powerful because it is a multi-ethnic organization, Yorubas and Ilajes are in MEND. MEND does not fight tribal war as the name implies. That is why they can strike from anywhere including cross river state.
Re: Ijaw Itsekiri Crisis Again by dayokanu(m): 8:46am On Jul 23, 2011
Odechukwus brother are fighting again

Is this for resource control again?
Re: Ijaw Itsekiri Crisis Again by ChinenyeN(m): 8:51am On Jul 23, 2011
It is only when something like this happens that people want to come and call Igbo and Ijo 'brothers'. Nonsense.

1 Like

Re: Ijaw Itsekiri Crisis Again by Dede1(m): 11:36am On Jul 23, 2011
@jason123

If I call jason123 a compound fool, I honestly regard such nomenclature as understatement. The junk of a poster has being chasing rat on this forum while his or her ancestral home is on fire. What a dumbasre.

Ijo had seized the land your forbearers left for your generation since 1997-2003 Ijo/Itsekiri fracases yet you have the audacity to grieve more then the bereaved on this forum especially when Yoruba is under siege. I now know what actually is chasing you away from your ancestral home. It is unfortunate Ijo had annexed the land you called home. Anyway, Yoruba can claim you since they accept anything as one of theirs including a sorry arse debilitating loser such as jeson123.
Re: Ijaw Itsekiri Crisis Again by Chyz2: 1:58pm On Jul 23, 2011
kpogede77:

@Jason123
I never called for Niger Delta republic, Check draft constitution for Oduduwa rep. you will see where I stated it clearly that Niger Delta rep is not possible, the Urhobos will not want to be in the same country with Ijaws. Any Ijaw in the three Warri LG who is not confortable with Oduduwa rep should relocate to Bayelsa. Ijaws are customary tenant in Warri. Warri is the same as Itsekiri, Itsekiri is Warri(Iwere) , any one who say he is from Warri is indirectly or directly saying he is Itsekiri. If an Ijaw man is allowed to set up a fishing camp anywhere, after 20 years, he will say that is his community, even though he clearly knows he is from Bayelsa.

You are an eediot for this write up. It is clear that you know nothing about delta state or its history,smh. Warri does not belong in anyway to the itsekiri. In fact, the Ijaw gave then the land that they occupy now to live. This can be confirmed by the Urhobo and Isoko as well. They know the history as well even though they werent involved in the action. They were there. Oduduwa rep? Lol. Funny. The day nigeria is breaking up Asari Dokubo, Tompolo, and Boyloaf go show you Oduduwa people hellfire if you dare try interfere in anything involving warri. It's best you hands-off for your own good.
Re: Ijaw Itsekiri Crisis Again by Akanbiedu(m): 2:13pm On Jul 23, 2011
ALJ harem must be having a nice time.

Before you continue with your comments, you must know that alj harem SOLE reason for being here is to divide the south.
Re: Ijaw Itsekiri Crisis Again by NegroNtns(m): 2:15pm On Jul 23, 2011
It is better to go by accomplishments of past to judge the potentials for future. If in 2002 fracas Ijaw backpedaled in the face of heat, what makes anyone now think they will not repeat a retreat if a firestorm breaks out? The 2002 bloodshed was so rapid and effective even Igbos fled home; and they were not even the direct target but what they witnessed was too powerful for their "megaphone bravery" to withstand, they abandoned everything and took off.

That's action, not all this mouth!
Re: Ijaw Itsekiri Crisis Again by Dede1(m): 2:38pm On Jul 23, 2011
Negro_Ntns:

It is better to go by accomplishments of past to judge the potentials for future. If in 2002 fracas Ijaw backpedaled in the face of heat, what makes anyone now think they will not repeat a retreat if a firestorm breaks out? The 2002 bloodshed was so rapid and effective even Igbos fled home; and they were not even the direct target but what they witnessed was too powerful for their "megaphone bravery" to withstand, they abandoned everything and took off. That's action, not all this mouth!

Negative_Ntns,

You have crossed the point of no return with this ill-motivated conjectural crap. I will state unequivocally, baring any sense of arrogance, no single ethnic group in Nigeria will slide onto war path with Ndigbo and be able to tell the tales of the battles. No son of Igbo, trained soldier or not, will scamper across the border on the sight of a drunken private in the army.
Re: Ijaw Itsekiri Crisis Again by EzeUche(m): 2:42pm On Jul 23, 2011
Ijaws fear no one, but their "big brothers" in the East. That is why they scream marginalization, whenever an Igbo man is mentioned. Igbos know how to deal with the Ijaws, who were once our ferrymen at Onitsha. cool

1 Like

Re: Ijaw Itsekiri Crisis Again by nduchucks: 2:53pm On Jul 23, 2011
Dede1:

Negative_Ntns,

You have crossed the point of no return with this ill-motivated conjectural crap. I will state unequivocally, baring any sense of arrogance, no single ethnic group in Nigeria will slide onto war path with Ndigbo and be able to tell the tales of the battles. No son of Igbo, trained soldier or not, will scamper across the border on the sight of a drunken private in the army.

Would you kindly explain the response of Imolites, sons of Igbo(protesting by the road side instead of battle), to the assault by ordinary herders whose tools of engagement was meerly daggers?
Re: Ijaw Itsekiri Crisis Again by buffny: 3:01pm On Jul 23, 2011
If yorubas are cowards , then why dont you all act upon it. go out and massacre yorubas .

lets see if you survive in lagos. you will run like your fathers before u ran. running from pillar to post.

1 Like

Re: Ijaw Itsekiri Crisis Again by Dede1(m): 3:19pm On Jul 23, 2011
ndu_chucks:

Would you kindly explain the response of Imolites, sons of Igbo(protesting by the road side instead of battle), to the assault by ordinary herders whose tools of engagement was meerly daggers?

Ndu, you disappointed me if you remotely believed the junk meant to sell print media. How can you make hay out of unsubstantiated tale of farm hand looking for cheap attention? I guess you did know we read the article too.

It is certain that a section of Umuapu provides holding pen for cows shipped via trailer by business men in Owerri and PH. If you think that two or three herdsmen will terrorize a village in Igbo land, you are entitled to your opinion. Do you think it is a mere coincidence cattle are being shipped through Igbo land by either rail freight or motor trailer?
Re: Ijaw Itsekiri Crisis Again by Bliss4Lyfe(f): 3:22pm On Jul 23, 2011
Negro_Ntns:

It is better to go by accomplishments of past to judge the potentials for future. If in 2002 fracas Ijaw backpedaled in the face of heat, what makes anyone now think they will not repeat a retreat if a firestorm breaks out?  The 2002 bloodshed was so rapid and effective even Igbos fled home; and they were not even the direct target but what they witnessed was too powerful for their "megaphone bravery" to withstand, they abandoned everything and took off.

That's action, not all this mouth!

In simple terms, the mighty Igbo empire runs from no entity. angry
Re: Ijaw Itsekiri Crisis Again by hakanai(m): 3:31pm On Jul 23, 2011
(singing femi kuti song)
wonderrrrrr wonder wonder wonderrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
wonder wonder wonder till u turn to wonderer!!!

I sorry sorry o!
sorry for Nigeriaaaa!
sorry for Africaaaaaa!

sad sad sad sad sad sad
Re: Ijaw Itsekiri Crisis Again by kpogede77: 3:37pm On Jul 23, 2011
@ chyz

I would have responded to you very well if you were an Ijaw man, you are just a neophyte on this issue. Ijaws are not arguing that they have any land in Warri City, which is Warri south, they are settlers in Warri South-west. Ogbijo in Warri South west is known as Ijaw quarter, like we have Hausa quarter too. Why are the Hausas not laying claim to Hausa quarters? They want to collect Urhobo land in Udu LG through that Ijaw quarter too, that is what is causing fight between Urhobo and Ijaw in Aladja.
In fact they have fight with Urhobos in 5 different communities and you said Urhobomena is supporting them.

You said Ijaws gave land to Itsekiri in Warri and yet Ijaws have no land in Warri main city, They have no kingdom in warri, the schools in warri teach Itsekiri language, they prefer to call their kingdom Gbaramatu kingdom, why did they not call it Warri kingdom? Because they know that if they call it Warri kingdom, they are directly calling themselves Itsekiri.
If you are familiar with warri main town, kindly point Ijaw land in Warri city to me. You said Ijaw gave warri to Itsekiri and yet Ijaws have no land in Warri main town. That is how they chase Ilaje from Opuama and tsekelewu and took over the place unto this day, they cant do that to Itsekiri. Did Tompolo not fight in Warri war in 1999, why was he not able to take Warri from Itsekiri. Check the map of delta state, you will see the map of Itsekiri nation, Ijaw nation, Ndokwa nation and the rest. 20 years ago Ijaw had no traditional ruler in that area, they were clearly under the Olu of Warri in Warri Kingdom, they used to have their representative in the Olu's palace, just the way Igbo have Eze Ndigbo in Lagos. Look at Kantu community in Warri SW, they want to take it by force but the people are resisting them even though the people of Kantu are related to Ijaw, they still went there to attack them and yet they want Kantu to recognize them as brothers.
Re: Ijaw Itsekiri Crisis Again by ChinenyeN(m): 3:41pm On Jul 23, 2011
No one needs Alj_Harem to 'divide the south'. Nature has already done that for us.
Re: Ijaw Itsekiri Crisis Again by bashr4: 3:43pm On Jul 23, 2011
you people should respect yourself, this thread is about ijaw taking over ithshekiri land and has nothing to do with igbos, stupid igbophobics, idiots that dont even know the only market and buisness that was operating in warri during the crisis were those owned by the igbos if not warri people for starve, a lot of both ijaw and itshekiri families claimed to be igbos to avoid being lynched by militant group, stop this igbo this igbo that.
Re: Ijaw Itsekiri Crisis Again by bashr4: 3:46pm On Jul 23, 2011
kpogede77:

@ chyz

I would have responded to you very well if you were an Ijaw man, you are just a neophyte on this issue. Ijaws are not arguing that they have any land in Warri City, which is Warri south, they are settlers in Warri South-west. Ogbijo in Warri South west is known as Ijaw quarter, like we have Hausa quarter too. Why are the Hausas not laying claim to Hausa quarters? They want to collect Urhobo land in Udu LG through that Ijaw quarter too, that is what is causing fight between Urhobo and Ijaw in Aladja.
In fact they have fight with Urhobos in 5 different communities and you said Urhobomena is supporting them.

You said Ijaws gave land to Itsekiri in Warri and yet Ijaws have no land in Warri main city, They have no kingdom in warri, the schools in warri teach Itsekiri language, they prefer to call their kingdom Gbaramatu kingdom, why did they not call it Warri kingdom? Because they know that if they call it Warri kingdom, they are directly calling themselves Itsekiri.
If you are familiar with warri main town, kindly point Ijaw land in Warri city to me. You said Ijaw gave warri to Itsekiri and yet Ijaws have no land in Warri main town. That is how they chase Ilaje from Opuama and tsekelewu and took over the place unto this day, they cant do that to Itsekiri. Did Tompolo not fight in Warri war in 1999, why was he not able to take Warri from Itsekiri. Check the map of delta state, you will see the map of Itsekiri nation, Ijaw nation, Ndokwa nation and the rest. 20 years ago Ijaw had no traditional ruler in that area, they were clearly under the Olu of Warri in Warri Kingdom, they used to have their representative in the Olu's palace, just the way Igbo have Eze Ndigbo in Lagos. Look at Kantu community in Warri SW, they want to take it by force but the people are resisting them even though the people of Kantu are related to Ijaw, they still went there to attack them and yet they want Kantu to recognize them as brothers.

i believe what your saying , i have taken a look at delta map before and it didnt make sense how ijaws could own warri, it seems they are out for land grabbing in nigeria and expansion.

1 Like

Re: Ijaw Itsekiri Crisis Again by Abagworo(m): 4:37pm On Jul 23, 2011
This brings us back to my statement when Fulani and Tiv clashed.Ijaws and Fulanis are nomadic people.There differences is that while one wanders on land,the other wanders on water.The problem of Ijaws started during slavery when they abandoned their natural life style and started living on a designated area to trade.The Fulanis problem is not different either.The only advantage Ijaws have is that they ended up settling in an oil rich area.
Re: Ijaw Itsekiri Crisis Again by playmode(m): 4:51pm On Jul 23, 2011
Just goes to show you that Africans are indeed backward by nature.While other races are moving at supersonic speed to improve on their technology ,strengthen their economies ,ensure food security in their countries ,the black men are busy sqabbling over a stupid piece of land they "conquered" because they want to build an unnecessary headquarters there undecided

In a civilized society ,the istekiris and the ijaws would have joined hands to develop community farms on those lands that will feed the children of both communities for life but NO ,they rather fight and kill each other because that is what they are senseless killers.
Re: Ijaw Itsekiri Crisis Again by NegroNtns(m): 4:52pm On Jul 23, 2011
Dede "the brute"

Learn how to talk. Where is ChinenyeN to teach this brute how to adress people politely.
Re: Ijaw Itsekiri Crisis Again by NegroNtns(m): 4:57pm On Jul 23, 2011
<quote>

bashr4:
you people should respect yourself, this thread is about ijaw taking over ithshekiri land and has nothing to do with igbo

</quote>

Oohhh, this is not about Igbo? Why didn't somebody tell me that from beginning?

Bashr, why you didn't state from the very first page? You dummy!
Re: Ijaw Itsekiri Crisis Again by saintneo(m): 5:14pm On Jul 23, 2011
bashr4:

you people should respect yourself, this thread is about ijaw taking over ithshekiri land and has nothing to do with igbos, silly igbophobics, idiots that dont even know the only market and buisness that was operating in warri during the crisis were those owned by the igbos if not warri people for starve, a lot of both ijaw and itshekiri families claimed to be igbos to avoid being lynched by militant group, stop this igbo this igbo that.
I remember then that the houses where marked with tribal names like Igboman's house, Ijawman's house Uhroboman's house, Itsekiriman's house; the warring parties avoid the Igboman's house. I am glad Igbos remained clean in the Warri-crisis; however, I think Igbos need to implement some peace keeping and reconciliation to their host communities.
Re: Ijaw Itsekiri Crisis Again by EzeUche(m): 5:20pm On Jul 23, 2011
In order to solve the Ijaw problem, if this nation does split, then an Oduduwa Republic and a Biafra Republic MUST divide the Ijaw.

For peace to reign, there must be division of these people.
Re: Ijaw Itsekiri Crisis Again by NegroNtns(m): 5:23pm On Jul 23, 2011
Eze,

They go with you. We havve Ilaje and we are happy with them. You need your own riverine people.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Jonathan Orders CBN To Stop N5,000 Note Plan / Shehu Sani: With Or Without Money, I Will Be Next Governor Of Kaduna / Protest In Abuja Over Electricity Over-billing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.