Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,755 members, 7,827,803 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 05:12 PM

Why Do Females First Pretend Not To Be Interested In A Relationship? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Do Females First Pretend Not To Be Interested In A Relationship? (17395 Views)

Why Do Females Hate Gay Guys / Reasons Why Ladies Like Sex But Pretend They Hate It In Relationships / Nigerian Men Want To See Unclad Girls But Pretend Not To (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Females First Pretend Not To Be Interested In A Relationship? by dappy777(m): 11:27am On Feb 22, 2006
Why do ladies pretend at first. Is it that they Don't want guys to think they are easy?
Re: Why Do Females First Pretend Not To Be Interested In A Relationship? by Rhodalyn(f): 12:50pm On Feb 22, 2006
i gal needs 2 act tough
Re: Why Do Females First Pretend Not To Be Interested In A Relationship? by nikinash(f): 2:44pm On Feb 22, 2006
Cos it takes a while to get to like someone and usually at first sight she dont like you wink
Re: Why Do Females First Pretend Not To Be Interested In A Relationship? by ucbaby(f): 3:18pm On Feb 22, 2006
cos men tend to see u as easy when you are easily caught[/color][color=#990000][color=#990000][/color]!

1 Like

Re: Why Do Females First Pretend Not To Be Interested In A Relationship? by queen2(f): 3:22pm On Feb 22, 2006
True, Word! cheesy
Re: Why Do Females First Pretend Not To Be Interested In A Relationship? by africanboy(m): 4:25pm On Feb 22, 2006
They need to act tough. But shouldn't always be the case.

I have met ladies who dont "front" and I dont see them as easy/cheap/, They simply know what they want.

What would you say to a girl who asks you out?
Re: Why Do Females First Pretend Not To Be Interested In A Relationship? by Seun(m): 4:46pm On Feb 22, 2006
A girl that asks me out should be the kind that is not easily crushed by the initial surprise that will catch me and make me want to run away. She shouldn't now be playing hard to get when i finally warm up to her. It's a waste of time.
Re: Why Do Females First Pretend Not To Be Interested In A Relationship? by Badman888(m): 4:50pm On Feb 22, 2006
It is good for girls to act tough atimes, but some guys might not be patient and would move on. So girls have to know the level of how they front
Re: Why Do Females First Pretend Not To Be Interested In A Relationship? by africanboy(m): 5:00pm On Feb 22, 2006
Word!
Re: Why Do Females First Pretend Not To Be Interested In A Relationship? by nikinash(f): 5:28pm On Feb 22, 2006
It is good for girls to act tough atimes, but some guys might not be patient and would move on. So girls have to know the level of how they front

if he wants her good enough he will stick around!
Re: Why Do Females First Pretend Not To Be Interested In A Relationship? by babwilms(m): 5:46pm On Feb 22, 2006
I think this only applies to our african sisters expecially Nigerians.I dont know why they font ooo. I hate when they do that. I dont believe in been patient when it comes to ladies anymore its good to know where u stand with her within a month of knowing the chick. Most of them just like wasting our time. Their was this girl i was on her case for like nine months and at the end she went with someone else, i lost out despite me getting some hint from her maybe she will accept. FASHI THE GIRL WHEN SHE START FONTING
Re: Why Do Females First Pretend Not To Be Interested In A Relationship? by dappy777(m): 6:04pm On Feb 22, 2006
True talk. grin
Re: Why Do Females First Pretend Not To Be Interested In A Relationship? by EJaja(m): 6:10pm On Feb 22, 2006
dappy777
after u don yab me say i dey find sugar mummy u self dey come tke style ask something
well de reasons y girls pretend is to show some pride and dignity if she flows easly on u first toast u will take her as cheap and not give her the full res=ect she needs, my frind has been a victim it took hom 1 year after much text sending and other things just to mention a few so u see y
na ur bros dem way dey clain maradona na dem dey cos all this problem for us
Re: Why Do Females First Pretend Not To Be Interested In A Relationship? by smartsoft(m): 6:32pm On Feb 22, 2006
i guess they really like pretending so much before they could agree to your proposal. Well i think is kinda good that way !
Re: Why Do Females First Pretend Not To Be Interested In A Relationship? by kimba(m): 8:01pm On Feb 22, 2006
The fact is this: girls act tough at first to put up a defensive mechanism, but its all a lie. If they dont act tough, even if they were literally dying for the guy, they wont have a story to tell, u know, when they gossip, and yab all the guys in their behinds, at least they'll be able to tell a story to another girl-friend of theirs that "if you see this guy that is chasing me" - mind u, they really like him.

maybe the girls can tell us the true side of the story.
Re: Why Do Females First Pretend Not To Be Interested In A Relationship? by chinani(f): 10:03pm On Feb 22, 2006
interesting topic. often misunderstood so let me shed my insight,

in my case, i sometimes do it if i like a guy alot, i have to TRY to seem disinterested so i dont walk around Grinning and Giddy like an idiot, i dont think men like that either, though they might not be aware. also, girls need to time to evaluate a guy and see where "his head is at" as they say, if you return EVERYONE's affection/initial "hello" you wont be able to walk down the street and you'll definately be taken for a ride.

as many have pointed out "acting tough" or seeming disinterested scares some good guys aware, but it also SCARES MOST OF THE BAD ONES TOO, it's not fool proof but most guys will trust in GOD and allow the good ones to leave thereby saving them from unneccessary/preventable heartache.

also, if it's her first relationship she may not know the appropriate way to act and may want to impress you/thinks it attracts you! (women are ppl too. we make mistakes o!) or she may have a busybody friend/relative and this may be the only way she can see/converse w/ you if the relative/friend sees she NOT TOO INTO YOU, etc

remember, with women, feelings (and potential bad feelings) are ALWAYS considered.

but really, i feel for you guys. i guess, i listed so many reasons because I USED TO BE ONE OF THOSE GIRLS! acting that way wasnt fun for me either! but i did it for not one but ALL the reasons i listed and when he lost interest in me (or thought i wasnt serious/interest in him) i was CRUSHED! embarassed

so dont judge us so harshly! just say "her lose" and keep it movin playa
Re: Why Do Females First Pretend Not To Be Interested In A Relationship? by lunafish(f): 10:48pm On Feb 22, 2006
Us ladies are so used to seeing men who are full of Poo. and therefore, don't give up the power and behave interested, until we've figured out the guy's agenda. Would you give a stranger the keys to your car or your house?
Re: Why Do Females First Pretend Not To Be Interested In A Relationship? by Nobody: 1:03am On Feb 23, 2006
There was this girl i was asking out and she was fronting for me. Said shw wd never think of being in that kind of relationship w me. Meanwhile the girl dey die inside. I didnt waste time, took her words at face value and stepped. When she heard i had a girl, she was not herself for some time. Sometimes i wish she hadnt been so silly, but i have no regrets. Girls shd know what they want and stop being so silly.
Re: Why Do Females First Pretend Not To Be Interested In A Relationship? by smartsoft(m): 1:34am On Feb 23, 2006
hey same thing man happen too men, this girl never wanted to go out with me but as soon as she heard i was with a lady, though i wasn't going out with the lady i was just gisting,  she concluded i was dating the girl and she was mad with me ! and went ahead and told her sister that she caught me talking to someone else cheesy
Re: Why Do Females First Pretend Not To Be Interested In A Relationship? by DEKING3(m): 8:31am On Feb 23, 2006
Gridlocks and Smartsoft, men, those were points.

I won't blame girls who do that, some simply do it to guard against playazz. If you know what I mean.

Guys, if any girl fronts for you and you know she's really down with you within her and you're ready for a serious relationship, make her jealous with either your sister, cousin or friend as long as she doesn't know them. cheesy
Re: Why Do Females First Pretend Not To Be Interested In A Relationship? by lioness(f): 9:04am On Feb 23, 2006
u guys are funny lol . Well, sometimes it aint fronting. A girl may just need some time to make sure your for real, u know what am sayin wink
Re: Why Do Females First Pretend Not To Be Interested In A Relationship? by nikinash(f): 9:38am On Feb 23, 2006
guys believe that they are God-sent to babes and therefore once they appear babe must fall. so when babe says no they believe she's forming, why can't you just accept that she does not like you at least initially until you prove your m winkettle?
Re: Why Do Females First Pretend Not To Be Interested In A Relationship? by shockreaction(m): 11:51am On Feb 23, 2006
I've come up with a new hypothesis for this. "These females are just, simply put, stupid."
Pretense is definitely not the way forward. Never has been. Never will be.
Re: Why Do Females First Pretend Not To Be Interested In A Relationship? by DEKING3(m): 12:17pm On Feb 23, 2006
Shockreaction, tell them. cheesy
Re: Why Do Females First Pretend Not To Be Interested In A Relationship? by lioness(f): 12:19pm On Feb 23, 2006
grin hey find another word for females. Not stupid, cos u guys already got that one wink wink wink wink , remember : Boys are stupid
Re: Why Do Females First Pretend Not To Be Interested In A Relationship? by DEKING3(m): 12:22pm On Feb 23, 2006
Hahahaha cheesy. If I may ask lioness, who gave boys that?
Re: Why Do Females First Pretend Not To Be Interested In A Relationship? by nikinash(f): 12:23pm On Feb 23, 2006
I've come up with a new hypothesis for this. "These females are just, simply put, stupid."
Pretense is definitely not the way forward. Never has been. Never will be.

guys like you are the ones who get shown that babes are anything but stupid. undecided
Re: Why Do Females First Pretend Not To Be Interested In A Relationship? by dappy777(m): 12:28pm On Feb 23, 2006
I had this girl friend. she once told me she was in love in me texting me in the middle of the night. later on, I asked her for a date and now she seems to be playing HARD TO GET!!!!!!

That's BULLS*IT Ladies. grin grin
Re: Why Do Females First Pretend Not To Be Interested In A Relationship? by lioness(f): 12:33pm On Feb 23, 2006
Nature did grin grin grin grin

[osted by: DE-KING
Insert Quote
Hahahaha . If I may ask lioness, who gave boys that? /quote]
Re: Why Do Females First Pretend Not To Be Interested In A Relationship? by DEKING3(m): 12:40pm On Feb 23, 2006
lioness, can you prove it because I know it's false?

Don't allow boys descend on you oo cheesy
Re: Why Do Females First Pretend Not To Be Interested In A Relationship? by lioness(f): 12:47pm On Feb 23, 2006
*the lioness takes cover from anticipated male missiles* grin
Re: Why Do Females First Pretend Not To Be Interested In A Relationship? by DEKING3(m): 1:21pm On Feb 23, 2006
Hahahahaha cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Ladies Would You Remain With Your Spouse If He Suddenly Goes Broke? / Who Is Your Nairaland E-crush? / I Made Her Lose Her Virginity!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.