Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,201 members, 7,818,671 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:35 PM

Tinubu Announcing Payment Of WAEC Fees For All Lagos Students In Year 2000 - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tinubu Announcing Payment Of WAEC Fees For All Lagos Students In Year 2000 (39688 Views)

NURTW Crisis: Take Over All Lagos Parks, Garages - MC Oluomo Asks LASG / Nigerians Bash Tinubu For Promising To Pay Students’ WAEC Fees / Bola Tinubu Promises Free WAEC Fees For Every Nigerian Child If Elected (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tinubu Announcing Payment Of WAEC Fees For All Lagos Students In Year 2000 by naija4life247: 4:21pm On Jun 23, 2022
Several of the students that wrote WAEC being paid for by Lagos State government are Peter Pandora Obituary's brothers and sisters whose parents ran away from Anambra because of extreme poverty.

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu Announcing Payment Of WAEC Fees For All Lagos Students In Year 2000 by Fatigah12: 4:22pm On Jun 23, 2022
Don t really understand , reaction when politician gives out money. first understand your free, rights.

Different b/w Rights and Privilege.

it s your right to have the following.

Good Roads

education

power supply

Health facilities

Govt collect taxes.

When a politician gives out money , that he never had , before been a politician. it simply means less of those stuff , that you entitle

to like good roads and etc. But when someone from the private sector that had never engage in politics, , gives out money , that s diff.

A politician e mass eg 200 billion. And gives out 2 billion . just don t get it. what good is that. or gives out bag of rice etc.

Politician just make their voters forget their rights, and give then peanuts. in respective of religion or ethnicity.

The masses needs simple things, not bag of rice or etc.

Good Roads

Constant power supply

Good Health facility

Good minimum wage

Security

Well Furnished Universities.

Jobs.

They are not asking for bags of rice or promises made all the the time. becomes a comedy show. Bringing the same recycle politician

wont change anything. But letting them to understand through your vote, about your rights. and what you need. change things.

Before voting , forget about which party affiliation or religion or ethnicity or the comedy show , they do in trying to impress voters.

Ask yourself these simple questions .

Since what year l have been voting,

Has my voting translate to any of the following below.

Good Roads

well furnish universities
Good jobs
Good minimum wage
Constant power supply
Security.

Then if not Why.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Announcing Payment Of WAEC Fees For All Lagos Students In Year 2000 by naija4life247: 4:22pm On Jun 23, 2022
Hoelujohn:
Please oo. How old was he then? I know my age now oo. I want to compare and contrast

Post your father's birthday certificate, let's see first before you request for Tinubu's own
Re: Tinubu Announcing Payment Of WAEC Fees For All Lagos Students In Year 2000 by naija4life247: 4:23pm On Jun 23, 2022
Rastaramsey:
For that reason, we will be disOBIdent grin grin grin

You will cry blood

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Announcing Payment Of WAEC Fees For All Lagos Students In Year 2000 by trutharena: 4:24pm On Jun 23, 2022
rickyrex:
shouldnt awolowo be given a grammy award for been the father of free education in the southwest region. many governors even for north don dey buy waec for indegene since nah

Tinubu started it in 1999 in this current democracy. He continued the free education template of Awo too.

Other governors that pay WAEC fees later copied him. That is the essence of this thread.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Announcing Payment Of WAEC Fees For All Lagos Students In Year 2000 by DaddyNimo(m): 4:24pm On Jun 23, 2022
Re: Tinubu Announcing Payment Of WAEC Fees For All Lagos Students In Year 2000 by Healthquest: 4:24pm On Jun 23, 2022
Built2last:
Do you know how many governors have paid for the WAEC of students in their state.

I can see that the cheque has gone out. Money done enter their hand.

we are seeing many throw back videos and posts repackaged.

I have challenged every Tinubu supporter to show me a video or detailed article where Tinubu has clearly stated what he intend to archive as president

oh i forgot, he said its MY TURN. 50million youths in the army and feed them cassava.

Show me his plans.

I guess you lots are still busy digging on Obi. Wait till campaign start, you will see that Obi supporters in that Lagos are more than those online.
wait when campaigning start by October or September, his antecedents are just wht you're seeing. What he has done before and what you're expected to enjoy in his regime. Buhari replicate wht he did in d 83's good or bad, If Tinubu handle Nigerian at this period, he s goingto turn everything around, each region will be independent

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu Announcing Payment Of WAEC Fees For All Lagos Students In Year 2000 by stigman(m): 4:25pm On Jun 23, 2022
VoteTinubu2023:
Trailblazer. The first ever WASSCE payment for Public Secondary schools by a State Government.

First ever!

Vote TINUBU 2023. Vote APC.

Big lie, Sam Egwu the then governor of Ebonyi state paid for WASSC and NECO in 1999/2000
Re: Tinubu Announcing Payment Of WAEC Fees For All Lagos Students In Year 2000 by Nobody: 4:25pm On Jun 23, 2022
Re: Tinubu Announcing Payment Of WAEC Fees For All Lagos Students In Year 2000 by seanwilliam(m): 4:33pm On Jun 23, 2022
Deborah98:
I may not be varse in politics and in understanding I might be limited but judging from all I read and how he transformed Lagos, I can confidently say he's a fine politician but what I don't like with most of them is that,even after seeing the signs that they can't cope with the task ahead they still want to be there. I like the man sincerely,my mom has taught me time and time again to learn to disassociate people from whatever ills people talk against them. He has good intentions in governance and in politics as well. He's a political godfather but the truth remains this,he has tried,he has raised sons and daughters who are doing well in politics bot within and across Nigeria. My only humble suggestion is that he should step down,rest and make good use of his old age. He can do something else but not aspiring to be a president. I'm not detecting for him but .... It's well.

Honestly you don't have any point .
How old is Joe Biden? How old is trump ? How old is queen Elizabeth?

Can tinubu deliver ? Yes or no?
Does he have outstanding political record , yes or no? Why must he step from cos of old age?

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Announcing Payment Of WAEC Fees For All Lagos Students In Year 2000 by YeyeGbami: 4:35pm On Jun 23, 2022
LegendHero:

He was 500 years old.

It seems you take your own Meth early today.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Announcing Payment Of WAEC Fees For All Lagos Students In Year 2000 by Paullo19: 4:41pm On Jun 23, 2022
trutharena:

Asiwaju was the first governor to hand over public schools to the mission houses. Even with how Muslims ganged up against that, he proceeded with it and did that in Lagos.

Peter Obi only copied it from Tinubu so I don’t know what you’re saying exactly. Tinubu is a donator right from time, he not only donates to schools, but to all sectors.

�����
Re: Tinubu Announcing Payment Of WAEC Fees For All Lagos Students In Year 2000 by Interesting2023: 4:45pm On Jun 23, 2022
trutharena:

https://twitter.com/mr_jags/status/1539947513213591558?s=21&t=amrASu9jCblfIePz86Li5Q

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1UhZAaLmd3I

How is this a news...coz the last tym i checked it was not only Lagos State that did that shit.
I'm also a beneficiary of free WAEC fees in Ogun State. So wtf is all this old news? Just tell us what he's doing now aside buying delegates and using thugs to disrupt protests
Re: Tinubu Announcing Payment Of WAEC Fees For All Lagos Students In Year 2000 by Yusuf54: 4:49pm On Jun 23, 2022
maureensylvia:
Tinubu
What is your state of origin?
What did he steal from you and your family?
Re: Tinubu Announcing Payment Of WAEC Fees For All Lagos Students In Year 2000 by nesphil(m): 4:51pm On Jun 23, 2022
As I said earlier, Akwa Ibom State Government doesn't just pay WAEC fees but has also run a free and compulsory education from Basic to Senior Secondary School level (from Primary 1 to SS3) from 2007 to date without noise-making, so if BAT paid just WAEC fees, you guys should not come here and make so much noise about it, because other states governors have done more than this quietly. If I may ask, how did they copy Tinubu when I'm talking about free education and you are talking about just paying WAEC fees only? What stopped him from running a completely free education scheme considering the amount of revenue that accrues to the LSG during his tenure? You claimed that he's still doing it till now and my question is, is he still the governor of Lagos State? The last time I checked He's the Controller-General of Lagos State but obviously not the Elected Governor of Lagos State grin grin grin
trutharena:

He did it from them up till today.

Stop clowning around. He pioneered it back in 2000 and continued to pay it all through his tenure.

That’s exactly how other state governors key into the scheme for their respective states.
Re: Tinubu Announcing Payment Of WAEC Fees For All Lagos Students In Year 2000 by Yusuf54: 4:54pm On Jun 23, 2022
Interesting2023:

How is this a news...coz the last tym i checked it was not only Lagos State that did that shit.
I'm also a beneficiary of free WAEC fees in Ogun State. So wtf is all this old news? Just tell us what he's doing now aside buying delegates and using thugs to disrupt protests
Didn't Atiku buy delegate votes in 2019 PDP presidential primary election ?
Prove it that Tinubu used thugs to disrupt protest ?

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Announcing Payment Of WAEC Fees For All Lagos Students In Year 2000 by seunayantokun(m): 4:55pm On Jun 23, 2022
Factcheck0001:
was anambra money peter obi money when he refused to pay doctors for complete 13 months?

You don't need to do that because of anybody. Do the right thing without anyone in mind. Compétition shouldn't be negative.
Re: Tinubu Announcing Payment Of WAEC Fees For All Lagos Students In Year 2000 by HIPROFILE(m): 4:59pm On Jun 23, 2022
OceanEye:
This is a lagosian.

I have spent almost 15 years in Lagos and I clearly understand the mind of an average lagosian- rugged, yes lousy, proud, smart, intelligent, grateful, trustworthy etc. But in all, they hate to lose.

Asiwaju would hate to lose this fight, as well as the fight to restore Nigeria.

I think Nigeria and Nigerians dont need another president that would be presiding from a far away hospital bed in an account of obvious old age sickness

However I have just two points that would have made me support Tinubus candidacy
1) The demons in Aso rock recognized as cabals…They wont get an easy ride with Tinubu and they need to be annihilated and I believe Tinubu can do that
2) He mistakenly said this one though in form of joke during his remarks after clinging the Ticket “Revenge” For all the atrocities The fulani Buhari led Government has committed against the Yoruba Land through their glorified herders, The end SARS massacre and the rest during which he was forced not to talk so as to avoid killing the chances of getting this ticket of which almost turned his people against him but he managed through that.

But then his age and the unpackageable state of his health becomes a little challenging trying to market him to the acceptance of Nigerians.
Re: Tinubu Announcing Payment Of WAEC Fees For All Lagos Students In Year 2000 by Nobody: 5:03pm On Jun 23, 2022
Pristine664:

Truth be told from a neutral view, Tinubu is not as bad as most persons are portraying him to be.

His track record in governance is decent.

What track records bikonu? The same Lagos we were in where he put sign boards on Federal roads saying " This road belongs to the Federal government please bear with us" and one who lived in Lagos especially around Western Avenue and Ojuelegba axis will attest to that
Re: Tinubu Announcing Payment Of WAEC Fees For All Lagos Students In Year 2000 by Nobody: 5:04pm On Jun 23, 2022
Musty112:
Election is near and all of a sudden, Nigeria is no longer a "zoo" because they have a candidate who is not even going to be the runner up let alone the winner. I'll love to see the look on their face after the election sha upon all these twitter and nairaland ranting.

Oga please keep quiet, this passive aggressive game has failed. The post is on Tinubu abeg
Re: Tinubu Announcing Payment Of WAEC Fees For All Lagos Students In Year 2000 by rickyrex(m): 5:14pm On Jun 23, 2022
trutharena:

Tinubu started it in 1999 in this current democracy. He continued the free education template of Awo too.

Other governors that pay WAEC fees later copied him. That is the essence of this thread.
fell free to say tinubu also copied awolowo it will do you no harm.
Re: Tinubu Announcing Payment Of WAEC Fees For All Lagos Students In Year 2000 by trutharena: 5:17pm On Jun 23, 2022
rickyrex:
fell free to say tinubu also copied awolowo it will do you no harm.

Yes, Tinubu copied Awolowo.
Re: Tinubu Announcing Payment Of WAEC Fees For All Lagos Students In Year 2000 by mabea: 5:21pm On Jun 23, 2022
I benefited from this but that doesn't mean I should vote for him this time. His time is past. He has tried his best let another person also try.
Re: Tinubu Announcing Payment Of WAEC Fees For All Lagos Students In Year 2000 by Orobokibo1: 5:23pm On Jun 23, 2022
Jack500:
A leader with a difference.
Always setting the pace

I am BATified.
Tinubu 2023

Big boss. I follow U BATIified oo. Show me love egbon
I hail you.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Announcing Payment Of WAEC Fees For All Lagos Students In Year 2000 by yemmywesey(m): 5:24pm On Jun 23, 2022
Ok.
But how many students passed that waec exam in public secondary Schools those days.

Go and check the results of that exams, go to schools like mushin boys grammar school, ojuelegba girls grammar school, eko girls secondary school, okota secondary school, ajumoni Grammar school, ilamoye secondary school, isolo secondary school, metropolitan college isolo secondary school, Muslim college musco, ijegun high school, ejigbo high school. Etc.

But BAT, you still try sir.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Announcing Payment Of WAEC Fees For All Lagos Students In Year 2000 by WilsonGideon1: 5:26pm On Jun 23, 2022
It was former Osun State Governor Prince Olagunsoye Oyinlola that paid for my WAEC in 2008. God bless him.
Re: Tinubu Announcing Payment Of WAEC Fees For All Lagos Students In Year 2000 by mabea: 5:26pm On Jun 23, 2022
SensualMan1:
Kolework. U didn't do this six months ago, one year ago, all of a sudden u are now showing us throw back on how u were commissioner for education in lagos state grin

This senile old epileptic thief is trying to play Northern politics with yoruba people - impoverish them long enough so that when u throw a bone at them they will call u the messiah!

The thing doesn't make sense a bit. He paid those money while he was the governor with age on his side which we appreciated. But now things have change, no longer the same person. He's now frail and not fit for the job.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Announcing Payment Of WAEC Fees For All Lagos Students In Year 2000 by rickyrex(m): 5:28pm On Jun 23, 2022
trutharena:

Yes, Tinubu copied Awolowo.
correct guy.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Announcing Payment Of WAEC Fees For All Lagos Students In Year 2000 by mabea: 5:30pm On Jun 23, 2022
Pristine664:

Truth be told from a neutral view, Tinubu is not as bad as most persons are portraying him to be.

His track record in governance is decent.

Truth be told, he did fairly well as a governor but he is also corruption personified.
Re: Tinubu Announcing Payment Of WAEC Fees For All Lagos Students In Year 2000 by frejatoye117: 5:40pm On Jun 23, 2022
I am beneficiary. Thanks Asiwaju Bola Ahmed TINUBU

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Announcing Payment Of WAEC Fees For All Lagos Students In Year 2000 by Nobody: 5:41pm On Jun 23, 2022
Factcheck0001:
typical ipob
I don't support anybody or any party, but any person campaigning with free education is a thief and a scammer? Where will he get the money; fuel is expensive, gas, diesel, everything and ASUU strike is also there. Even if other Igbos changed, I will never change. Nigeria is still a Zoo republic till further notice and development...
Re: Tinubu Announcing Payment Of WAEC Fees For All Lagos Students In Year 2000 by Lingudy(m): 5:45pm On Jun 23, 2022
OceanEye:
This is a lagosian.

I have spent almost 15 years in Lagos and I clearly understand the mind of an average lagosian- rugged, yes lousy, proud, smart, intelligent, grateful, trustworthy etc. But in all, they hate to lose.

Asiwaju would hate to lose this fight, as well as the fight to restore Nigeria.
Hmmm

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Number Of Months Of Outstanding Salaries Owned By State Governments / Photos Of Buhari, Dangote & Sanwo-Olu In Lagos / Governor Ayade Trapped On Calabar-Ikom Road

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.