Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,230 members, 7,818,777 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:41 AM

Lawyer Wore Traditional Worshippers Attire To Supreme Court. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lawyer Wore Traditional Worshippers Attire To Supreme Court. (1554 Views)

President Buhari Dressed In Igbo Attire To Perform Guard Of Honor In Imo State / Akeeb Semiu: Why I Wore Traditional ‘Fetish Armour’ In My Campaign Poster / Oyo Lawmakers Dress In Amotekun Attire To Pass Bill Into Law (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lawyer Wore Traditional Worshippers Attire To Supreme Court. by Karemarealty288(m): 2:32pm On Jun 23, 2022
Drama at Supreme Court Abuja as lawyer attends proceedings in traditional worshipper’s regalia following judgement of the Supreme Court that allows all Nigerians to express their way of worship & use of hijab in schools & public places delivered on the 17/6/2022.

1 Like

Re: Lawyer Wore Traditional Worshippers Attire To Supreme Court. by Pierocash(m): 2:36pm On Jun 23, 2022
That judgement have just created another chaos that will be difficult to tame

2 Likes

Re: Lawyer Wore Traditional Worshippers Attire To Supreme Court. by MufasaLion: 2:36pm On Jun 23, 2022
This is wrong. This is against the dress code of the profession.
Re: Lawyer Wore Traditional Worshippers Attire To Supreme Court. by naija4life247: 2:36pm On Jun 23, 2022
This is how mental illness starts
Re: Lawyer Wore Traditional Worshippers Attire To Supreme Court. by inoki247: 2:38pm On Jun 23, 2022
Nigeria just get plenty wahala at a time...

As you're dealing with one another one go show
Re: Lawyer Wore Traditional Worshippers Attire To Supreme Court. by compton11(m): 2:42pm On Jun 23, 2022
Hehehe ain't no Muslims will complain,the only people to complain are still the same Protestant Christians grin grin.

Nigga do your thang cheesy

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lawyer Wore Traditional Worshippers Attire To Supreme Court. by Christistruth00: 2:43pm On Jun 23, 2022
MufasaLion:

The Supreme Court has already ruled

Students are now free to wear their Village Masquerade Head dress to School

Like some were doing under Aregbesola in Osun State

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2014/02/tension-masquerades-storm-troubled-osun-school/

Re: Lawyer Wore Traditional Worshippers Attire To Supreme Court. by MufasaLion: 2:50pm On Jun 23, 2022
Christistruth00:

The Supreme Court has already ruled

Students are now free to wear their Village Masquerade Head dress to School

Like some were doing under Aregbesola in Osun State

It's still ain't right. As a Principal, would you have preferred your students to dress in such manner to school?

1 Like

Re: Lawyer Wore Traditional Worshippers Attire To Supreme Court. by Seefinish: 2:51pm On Jun 23, 2022
Manson1:
Who allowed him into the court premises? There are dress codes for every proffesion but because it's Nigeria, anything goes. It baffles me how we've degenerated to this level. These act of foolishness isn't applicable in civilized countries but here we'll call it cruise. Rubbish..
and school uniform is not a dress code? What is good for Bulus is also good for Bala.
Since it is the fundamental human right of a Muslim girl to wear hijab to school, it is also his fundamental right to wear this attire to court.

3 Likes

Re: Lawyer Wore Traditional Worshippers Attire To Supreme Court. by Samunique(m): 2:54pm On Jun 23, 2022
MufasaLion:
Says who nah ?

Na only Muslims get right for Nigeria?

1 Like

Re: Lawyer Wore Traditional Worshippers Attire To Supreme Court. by Tokskob2008: 2:54pm On Jun 23, 2022
He has a right to wear whatever pleases him, though I still wonder why our lawyers still put on this regalia in this modern time. A well tailored suit is better than this.
Re: Lawyer Wore Traditional Worshippers Attire To Supreme Court. by Christistruth00: 2:55pm On Jun 23, 2022
MufasaLion:

It's still ain't right. As a Principal, would you have preferred your students to dress in such manner to school?

The Comfort for Nigerians is that God Almighty overrules even Supreme Court Judges

You Just Watch the Circus that will follow the Judgement

In Osun some Traditionalists had already Started wearing Masquerade Head dress to School

It was only because they were waiting for the Supreme Court to rule that they were prevailed upon to Stop

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2014/02/tension-masquerades-storm-troubled-osun-school/
Re: Lawyer Wore Traditional Worshippers Attire To Supreme Court. by Samunique(m): 2:56pm On Jun 23, 2022
Manson1:
Who allowed him into the court premises? There are dress codes for every proffesion but because it's Nigeria, anything goes. It baffles me how we've degenerated to this level. These act of foolishness isn't applicable in civilized countries but here we'll call it cruise. Rubbish..
Blame the Supreme Court !!!

Case closed !

2 Likes

Re: Lawyer Wore Traditional Worshippers Attire To Supreme Court. by MufasaLion: 2:58pm On Jun 23, 2022
Samunique:
Says who nah ?

Na only Muslims get right for Nigeria?

Where in my post did I display my allegiance or favouritism to any religion?
Re: Lawyer Wore Traditional Worshippers Attire To Supreme Court. by MufasaLion: 2:59pm On Jun 23, 2022
Christistruth00:

The Comfort for Nigerians is that God Almighty overrules even Supreme Court Judges

You Just Watch the Circus that will follow the Judgement

In Osun some Traditionalists had already Started wearing Masquerade Head dress to School

It was only because they were waiting for the Supreme Court to rule that they Stopped

Supreme court is to be blamed for this nonsense.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lawyer Wore Traditional Worshippers Attire To Supreme Court. by slimfit1(m): 3:07pm On Jun 23, 2022
MufasaLion:

Why not if they can dress to school with hijab.
Re: Lawyer Wore Traditional Worshippers Attire To Supreme Court. by Samunique(m): 3:10pm On Jun 23, 2022
MufasaLion:

Where in my post did I display my allegiance or favouritism to any religion?
Why are you blaming the man ? He's free to ware anything that promotes his religion, after all the Supreme Court has given the go ahead.

Or do you think it's only the Muslims that has the right to put on their religious attires ?

1 Like

Re: Lawyer Wore Traditional Worshippers Attire To Supreme Court. by MufasaLion: 3:10pm On Jun 23, 2022
slimfit1:

Why not if they can dress to school with hijab.

I still wouldn't support that. There are Islamic-based schools and anyone that's hell bent on wearing hijab can enrol there.

1 Like

Re: Lawyer Wore Traditional Worshippers Attire To Supreme Court. by MufasaLion: 3:11pm On Jun 23, 2022
Samunique:
Why are blaming the man ? He's free to ware anything that promotes his religion, after all the Supreme Court has given the go ahead.

Or do you think it's only the Muslims that has the right to put on their religious attires ?

Dude, you clearly didn't understand my question.
Re: Lawyer Wore Traditional Worshippers Attire To Supreme Court. by Samunique(m): 3:13pm On Jun 23, 2022
MufasaLion:

Dude, you clearly didn't understand my question.
Ok, sorry !

Pls enlighten me .
Re: Lawyer Wore Traditional Worshippers Attire To Supreme Court. by amanda2013(f): 3:15pm On Jun 23, 2022
This is very funny.
Re: Lawyer Wore Traditional Worshippers Attire To Supreme Court. by waldigit: 3:16pm On Jun 23, 2022
MufasaLion:

It doesn't have to be right, but it's legal.

1 Like

Re: Lawyer Wore Traditional Worshippers Attire To Supreme Court. by MufasaLion: 3:18pm On Jun 23, 2022
Samunique:
Ok, sorry !

Pls enlighten me .

Can you sit beside a fellow student wearing a full masquerade regalia in class? Can you receive lectures from a teacher dressed in such attire?

Having freedom doesn't mean one should forget about morals.
Re: Lawyer Wore Traditional Worshippers Attire To Supreme Court. by MufasaLion: 3:18pm On Jun 23, 2022
waldigit:

It doesn't have to be right, but it's legal.

Nonsense!
Re: Lawyer Wore Traditional Worshippers Attire To Supreme Court. by waldigit: 3:19pm On Jun 23, 2022
I am still wondering what good development has Islam contributed to Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Lawyer Wore Traditional Worshippers Attire To Supreme Court. by ObosiLandlord(m): 3:20pm On Jun 23, 2022
Manson1:
The Supreme Court judgement gave him the right to do so

1 Like

Re: Lawyer Wore Traditional Worshippers Attire To Supreme Court. by FreedomfromtheT: 3:25pm On Jun 23, 2022
MufasaLion:

I still wouldn't support that. There are Islamic-based schools and anyone that's hell bent on wearing hijab can enrol there.
So why will the Kwara State government close down a Baptist school in the state over hijab issue? Is Baptist school an Islamic based school?

1 Like

Re: Lawyer Wore Traditional Worshippers Attire To Supreme Court. by Samunique(m): 3:27pm On Jun 23, 2022
MufasaLion:

Can you sit beside a fellow student wearing a full masquerade regalia in class? Can you receive lectures from a teacher dressed in such attire?

This what the old men in Supreme Court should have thought of before given this kind of divisive judgement.

I can tell you that this judgement will do Nigeria no good.

At least, common sense should have told the judge that Nigeria is not yet ready for this kind of judgement, giving the volatile nature of our country concerning religious matters.

1 Like

Re: Lawyer Wore Traditional Worshippers Attire To Supreme Court. by FreedomfromtheT: 3:28pm On Jun 23, 2022
MufasaLion:

If you can't, you are free to leave the class or sue the wearer to court. What matters is that the Nigerian Supreme Court has given him the right.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lawyer Wore Traditional Worshippers Attire To Supreme Court. by MufasaLion: 3:30pm On Jun 23, 2022
FreedomfromtheT:
So why will the Kwara State government close down a Baptist school in the state over hijab issue? Is Baptist school an Islamic based school?

They did so because they are against students wearing hijab.

The best thing is for the government to let things to back the normal way. Students should dress as students with no religious attachment to their dressing. Those interested in following their religious dressing should go to religion-based schools.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lawyer Wore Traditional Worshippers Attire To Supreme Court. by sotall(m): 3:30pm On Jun 23, 2022
lipsrsealed

I think we need more of him in our public institutions.

Anybody that ask stupid questions, we point to the supreme court ruling and the constitution that says anyone is free to practice their beliefs in Nigeria.

No principal has right to punish a celestial church goer for wearing white gown to school. Its his religion.

Likewise a civil servant can wear red and black rags to work in demonstration of loyalty to traditional religion.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Update On Akwa Ibom 4th International Stadium … Photos / Tribal Bigot: Presidency Backs El-rufai, Reveals What Obi Did To Northerners / Tinubu And Sanwo-olu Spotted In Guinea (VIDEO)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.