Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,320 members, 7,819,094 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:07 AM

Ramadan Is Almost Here; What Are Your Plans For It? - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Ramadan Is Almost Here; What Are Your Plans For It? (6324 Views)

Ramadan Is Here Again: What's Your Spiritual Plan / Ramadan Is Here, Matters Arising / Ramadan Is Knocking (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ramadan Is Almost Here; What Are Your Plans For It? by mukina2: 12:51pm On Jul 23, 2011
Salaam

the Holy month of Ramadan is almost a week and few days away.

How prepared are you?
Re: Ramadan Is Almost Here; What Are Your Plans For It? by Maleeq(m): 1:21pm On Jul 23, 2011
Alhamdulillah we are alive to witness another holy month of Ramadan.

All of us want to experience as many Ramadan moments in our lives, but ask ourselves: Are we really prepared for it? Are we going to treat Ramadan similarly as the other months? Are we going to treat Ramadan as only a fasting period? Have we even set goals to be accomplished during Ramadan, be it mentally and spiritually?

Personally, I am both mentally & spiritually prepared for the month. I pray to Allah to grant us all the strength to attain ihsan (perfection). The month isn't just about abstinence from worldly acts, but should be a moment of reflection in truth to increase our taqwa.

Let’s have the sincere intention of making this Ramadhan an outstanding one insha Allah!

Jazakum Allah Wassalamu Alaykum!
Re: Ramadan Is Almost Here; What Are Your Plans For It? by namfav(m): 5:36pm On Jul 24, 2011
salam aleikoum

very excited and prepared alhmdllah, i am starting to practice the coming days inshAllah, the earlier the better with me
Re: Ramadan Is Almost Here; What Are Your Plans For It? by LagosShia: 7:59pm On Jul 24, 2011
Twelve Reminders for the Holy Month of Ramadan

1. Whenever we feel thirsty due to the scorching sun of a long summer day of fasting, we should remember the thirst of Imam Hussain and his family (peace be upon them all) on the day of Ashura and ask Allah to remove His blessings and mercy from the killers! Who knows – perhaps one of the reasons that the holy month of Ramadan was created was so that we taste an iota of what our Imam tasted on that day, and thus remember his sacrifice for the sake of Islam.

2. Whenever we feel hungry after 16 hours of fasting, we should remember the starvation of Imam Hussain – that starvation of which the exact number of hours he spent without food is unknown to us! Most narrations only speak to us about "Hussain the thirsty" and fail to emphasize the tragedy of "Hussain the hungry". Because the pangs of thirst are typically more painful and unbearable than those of hunger, we fail to remember the extreme state of starvation which also accompanied his thirst.

3. When we find ourselves suffering from just one day of fasting in hope for some reward from the Almighty, we should remember the three consecutive fasts which the Ahlul Bayt (peace be upon them) observed when they gave their meal to the poor, the needy, and the orphan – without seeking any reward – as cited in Sura Insaan.

4. When we wake up in time to recite Du'a Sahar, we should remember the buzz in the tents as the companions and family of Imam Hussain were busy spending their last night in prayer and supplication.

5. When reciting Du'a Sahar during Suhur time, we should remember that it is the exact same supplication which we recite on the occasion of Mubahala when the five Chosen Ones were honored by the Creator!
6. When receiving a plate of food during Iftar time, we should remember the plate which Ruqayyah daughter of Hussain (peace be upon her) received from the oppressor of her time.

7. When it is time to break our fast and we rush to let that first sip of cool water down our throats, we should pause to share a moment of silence in remembrance of the Imam's thirst. We should particularly remember the example of his brother Abbas who threw the water away, even though he had an opportunity to drink some.

8. When our patience is being tested in fasting, we should remember that there is no bigger test of patience than that which Imam Hussain faced in the ultimate tragedy of mankind!

9. When we attempt to appreciate Laylatul Qadr (Night of Power), we should remember that one cannot even begin to fathom the essence of this powerful night without entering the door of Lady Fatima al-Zahra (peace be upon her).

10. When breaking our fast – perhaps with a cup of milk – we should remember that last cup of milk which the orphans offered to Imam Ali (peace be upon him) to drink after he was struck by the sword during the Fajr prayer of the 19th of Ramadan!

11. When we celebrate the descent of the Physical Qur'an to mankind in this month on Laylatul Qadr, we are also saddened in this very night by the ascent of the Living Qur'an: Imam al-Muttaqeen (i.e. Imam Mahdi,the 12th Imam). May Allah give us good fortune to benefit from the Living Qur'an, without which we can never benefit from the Physical Qur'an. After all, the narration of the two weighty things reminds us that neither of them can be separated from each other!

12. When Eid al-Fitr approaches we start thinking of how to celebrate, we should keep in mind that gloomy Eid which the family of Imam Ali spent after the loss of our beloved master!

http://www.islamicinsights.com/religion/religion/twelve-reminders-for-the-holy-month-of-ramadan.html
Re: Ramadan Is Almost Here; What Are Your Plans For It? by LagosShia: 8:06pm On Jul 24, 2011
The Spiritual and Ethical Dimension of Ramadan

MONDAY, 24 AUGUST 2009 10:28
HUDA JAWAD

The Holy Month of Ramadan is a divine blessing to the believers, in which mankind fosters a strong will against hunger, thirst, and transgressions of the soul against the Creator. On a more profound level, Ramadan is not merely a means of abstaining from food, but rather a time to build our spirituality and ethics. During this glorious month, Muslims battles the lowly desires of their soul which, if left unmitigated, bring us to darkest pits of self-destruction and sabotage. The grand magnitude of the Month of Ramadan is founded on Mercy and Forgiveness by the Almighty, coupled with the innate human desire for self-improvement. In brief, this month can bring an evident victory against our selfish caprices and the human attraction towards extravagance and arrogance.

Ramadan is most exalted of all months, and appropriately so, for it is the month of God. The Holy Prophet (peace be upon him and his progeny) stressed the significance of the month, "O' People! Surely, the month of God has approached you – the month which, in the eyes of Allah, is the most virtuous of the months. Its days are the best of the days and its nights, the best of the nights and its moments, the best of the moments." Indeed, Ramadan is also the month of patience, and as the believers are aware, the reward for patience is paradise.

The question that we must ask ourselves continually: by what means do take advantage of this Holy Month? There are countless themes that are characteristic of the Holy Month, and it is the duty of all Muslims to focus on these lessons.

Gaining Taqwa
The relationship between fasting, the Holy Qur'an, and Taqwa (righteousness) is distinct and powerful. In the Holy Qur'an, the link between them is highlighted numerous times, among them: "O you who believe, fasting has been prescribed upon you as it has been prescribed upon those before you, so that you may attain Taqwa." (2:183) Verse 185 of the same chapter reads, "Ramadan is the (month) in which was sent down the Qur'an, as a guide to mankind, also clear (signs) for guidance and a criterion (between right and wrong)."

To truly understand this relationship among fasting, Ramadan, the Holy Qur'an, and Taqwa, we must analyze each component. For example, can Ramadan be successful without fasting? Can fasting be perfected without reciting Qur'an? More importantly, consider this: how can we gain Taqwa if we forgo the first two? As a result of the importance of becoming more God-fearing and pious, we must ask ourselves everyday upon breaking the fast: has this fasting made me more pious? Have I become a more righteous believer and more fearful of the chastisement of hellfire?

Perfection of Manners and Morals
As we have already established, fasting is comprised of much more than just avoiding food. Among the more ascetic and ethical aspects of fasting is refining our Akhlaq (manners). Although by fasting we are completing one part of our faith, we must not neglect the others. The Holy Prophet warned of depreciating the importance of manners and piety, "It may be that a fasting person receives nothing from his fast except hunger and thirst." Rather, the Prophet placed emphasis on piety and manners: "The most (important) things that cause people to reach Heaven are divine piety and a good temper."
These narrations point towards the ethical and social need for a pious and tolerant disposition among Muslims. More importantly, when we fast, it must be a fast of the mind, body, and soul. Imam al-Sadiq (peace be upon him) explained the need for a complete fast, "Your fast day should not be like other ordinary days. When you fast, all your sense – eyes, ears, tongue, hands and feet – must fast with you." Just as fasting purifies our bodies, it must also purify our minds and tongue from moral imperfections.

Very often, the biggest tests during Ramadan come from our interactions with others. The temptation to be rude and ill-tempered towards those that we feel wrong us is another one of the diseases of our soul. We must keep in mind that Ramadan is the month of Mercy and Forgiveness, and those blessings must be applied to both ourselves and others. The believer pardons the faults of others and forgives them, while the hypocrite seeks them out.

Establishing Generosity and Charity
The social, economic, spiritual, and psychological benefit of fasting in Ramadan is coherent and linked. For thirty days, we learn what intense hunger feels like. However, how many of us realize that there are millions of people in the world who fast every day, and not by choice, but rather because they have to? The message behind abstaining from food and drinking from dawn to sunset is intended to build compassion in our hearts for the less fortunate and allow us to relate to their daily plights.

The Holy Month provides us with a clear lesson on charity and giving. Our generosity in Ramadan is above all an opportunity to reestablish ourselves on the path of goodness and devotion to God through helping those less fortunate than us. Those who work to help others in this life will be rewarded in the hereafter. The Prophet Muhammad stressed charity in this month, "Whoever among you affords generosity to an orphan will be rewarded by Allah being generous to him on the Day of Judgment."

Spiritual Awakening and Advancement
Fasting is an institution for the betterment of a person both spiritually and morally. It is hoped that the changes one makes during this blessed month will be carried on long after Eid. The month of Ramadan is the most glorious time to make amends and seek forgiveness for our sins. Among the most basic and universal lessons of Ramadan is that each among us has the ability to change and become better. The Prophet spoke of the impact such changes will have in both this life and the hereafter: "Whoever among you improves his conduct during this month will have a safe passage on Sirat al-Mustaqeem, (the Straight Path) when many feet will slip away."

The environment presented by Ramadan is perfect for increasing our spiritual concentration due to the absence of idle chatter, useless debates, and – God forbid – even gossiping or backbiting. The key to comprehending the manner in which we must strive to improve spiritually is through understanding why we fast. Fasting is an act of devotion that we use to seek nearness and increase our devotion to God.

The most exalted and praised fast is one in which we disengage ourselves from everything other than Allah. By doing so, we free our hearts to the true and pure worship of God and remove worldly vices from our souls. During Ramadan, it is said we are the guests of Allah, but applying this concept is more difficult unless we invest great resolve in seeking God and His blessings. The following Prophetic tradition reinforces the above; "For the one fasting, there are two joys: joy when breaking his fast, and joy when he meets His Lord."
References
Bihar al-Anwar, vol. 96, pg. 356
Bihar al-Anwar, vol. 71, p. 373
Al-Amali, 84-85
Al-Mahajjat al-Bayda, vol. 2, pg. 122

http://www.islamicinsights.com/religion/religion/the-spiritual-and-ethical-dimension-of-ramadan.html
Re: Ramadan Is Almost Here; What Are Your Plans For It? by maclatunji: 11:39am On Jul 25, 2011
I really don't know.
Re: Ramadan Is Almost Here; What Are Your Plans For It? by blank(f): 11:40am On Jul 25, 2011
I plan to sleeeeppppp very well and then hang out with my husband. Its a well needed and deserved break.
Pls, NUPENG, NLC, gbogbo ero, no spoil my plans o.
Re: Ramadan Is Almost Here; What Are Your Plans For It? by Maleeq(m): 11:50am On Jul 25, 2011
@blank
Re: Ramadan Is Almost Here; What Are Your Plans For It? by BIGERBOY1: 11:58am On Jul 25, 2011
My plans:

listen and watch islamic channels and radios as much as possible (planning to install Huda TV)

Give as much charity as possible hopefully give out something every day of the month

supplicate as much as possible

and i will think of the rest as the months come over

NB
get rid of a particular habbit.
Re: Ramadan Is Almost Here; What Are Your Plans For It? by Ayoobscom(m): 12:08pm On Jul 25, 2011
I'm bachelor work on the island and live alone, my kichen has been empty for a long tyme since my 3 meals are taken in the office, but Insha Allah

I went to market yesterday to shop as follows:

1 bag of pando
1 bag of semolina
5 muddles of rice
5 muddle of Jero,maize and some garlic for palp
2 litres of honey-5 litres of groundnut oil

Then;
Thin peak milk
Thin millo
,    i have cleaned up the kichen and will still have to buy a turnerspade.

May Allah makes it easy and endurable, Mur'ababiqum Ya ramadan Barakah Lahu
Re: Ramadan Is Almost Here; What Are Your Plans For It? by binkabir(m): 12:12pm On Jul 25, 2011
i hope to pray for Nigeria with the current issues that Allah (SWT) make is easy for us to live in peace and harmony with the christians.
and to pray that Al-jannatu firdausi to be the abode of all the Muslims in the world.
Re: Ramadan Is Almost Here; What Are Your Plans For It? by Sike(m): 12:48pm On Jul 25, 2011
Alhamdulillah! Can't Wait. . And again, Can't Starve. But No Choice. . So help Me Allah.
Re: Ramadan Is Almost Here; What Are Your Plans For It? by http(m): 1:02pm On Jul 25, 2011
Though, every Ramadhan, i always find myself in different condition and situation in life, i pray to Allah this time around to make it easy on me and my family and to all Muslim umah in general for the attainment and rewards of the holy month and beyond Ramadhan.

very excited!
Re: Ramadan Is Almost Here; What Are Your Plans For It? by Hotshot90: 1:36pm On Jul 25, 2011
read my Quran as judiciously as possible grin
Re: Ramadan Is Almost Here; What Are Your Plans For It? by fizzybaba(m): 1:38pm On Jul 25, 2011
to finish the quran at least twice(English and Arabic)

to increase in good deeds, esp charity, been stingy of late

to drop at least one bad habit

to 'culturise' one good deed

overall advancement in spirituality

to ask Allah for provisions, sustainance in this life among other things

to ask for Al-jannah
Re: Ramadan Is Almost Here; What Are Your Plans For It? by islamrules(m): 2:14pm On Jul 25, 2011
I will use that season to pray to Allahu-Tahala for peace for this great country.
Re: Ramadan Is Almost Here; What Are Your Plans For It? by aminu150(m): 2:46pm On Jul 25, 2011
i will listen to qur'an recitation, tafsir and hadith. please dont forget to ask for Allah's forgiveness
Re: Ramadan Is Almost Here; What Are Your Plans For It? by maclatunji: 3:00pm On Jul 25, 2011
Is the poster asking about what you plan to do in Ramadan or what you are doing to prepare for Ramadan?
Re: Ramadan Is Almost Here; What Are Your Plans For It? by Browser69(m): 3:31pm On Jul 25, 2011
To move closer to my Alfas,
Attend Tafsirs, Perform my Tahjud
To give a lot of Alms to the beggers as usual cool,
AND finally to avoid SEXUALITY section of nairaland.
RAMADAN KAREEM IN ADVANCE!
Re: Ramadan Is Almost Here; What Are Your Plans For It? by Icaruspage(m): 3:47pm On Jul 25, 2011
I want to improve my knowledge of Islam, cultivate piety, be kind to my neighbours, enjoin people to do good and also pray for the soul of this nation. May Almighty Allah gives us headways and make the living condition of Nigerians. I also pray that we shall find peace.
Re: Ramadan Is Almost Here; What Are Your Plans For It? by anishe(m): 4:12pm On Jul 25, 2011
Alhamdulilah. I intend to do much of supplication for Allah's forgiveness, mercy and blessings. I need His Blessing, Rahmat and forgiveness. Hopefully, i will try as much as possible to read the Quran as much as possible and do a lot of Nawaffil and supplications.
May Allah in His infinite mercy bless us with the blessings of the month of ramadhan and its forgiveness.
RAMADHAN KAREEM MUSLIM BROTHERS AND SISTERS.
Re: Ramadan Is Almost Here; What Are Your Plans For It? by kufreabasi(m): 4:31pm On Jul 25, 2011
My plan is to hike the prices of my food stuffs
Re: Ramadan Is Almost Here; What Are Your Plans For It? by Jarus(m): 4:42pm On Jul 25, 2011
My first Ramadan after graduation from bachelorhood. Hope to make the best use of it, Allah helping me.
Re: Ramadan Is Almost Here; What Are Your Plans For It? by Ojumiii(m): 4:44pm On Jul 25, 2011
Alhamdulillah we are alive to witness another holy month of Ramadan.

All of us want to experience as many Ramadan moments in our lives, but ask ourselves: Are we really prepared for it? Are we going to treat Ramadan similarly as the other months? Are we going to treat Ramadan as only a fasting period? Have we even set goals to be accomplished during Ramadan, be it mentally and spiritually?

Personally, I am both mentally & spiritually prepared for the month. I pray to Allah to grant us all the strength to attain ihsan (perfection). The month isn't just about abstinence from worldly acts, but should be a moment of reflection in truth to increase our taqwa.

Let’s have the sincere intention of making this Ramadhan an outstanding one insha Allah!

Jazakum Allah Wassalamu Alaykum!

Amin

I plan to seek forgiveness from ALMIGHTY ALLAH

Thank HIM for HIS mercy over my live, the live of my family and the live of my friends both Muslims and Christians

And i plan to ask HIM to lead my way to filfullment.
Re: Ramadan Is Almost Here; What Are Your Plans For It? by rahouf1: 5:46pm On Jul 25, 2011
Alhamdlahi robil almen
May allah accept it as an ibadah and see it witness it and leaves on after ramadan
ramadhan mubarak
Re: Ramadan Is Almost Here; What Are Your Plans For It? by bashydemy(m): 6:17pm On Jul 25, 2011
Alhamdlahi i give thanks to Almighty Allah for making me see this moment, well i am not around for now but i plan to go back home to my Family latest by Friday and saturday going to market to get all necessary things for Ramadan and Insha Allahu this year is going to be a special one cos i intend in moving close to Allah and i he (ALLAH) gives me the opportunity to serve him better and to be able to help the needy
Re: Ramadan Is Almost Here; What Are Your Plans For It? by komole: 7:38pm On Jul 25, 2011
A very good platform to connect with fellow Nigerian Muslims and get enlightened and educated is www.naijamuslims.org

It is Africa's 1st and ONLY Islamic social networking website that has a social networking platform, chat room, blog, event and classified adverts and many more.
Re: Ramadan Is Almost Here; What Are Your Plans For It? by Dawdy(m): 8:00pm On Jul 25, 2011
i plan to move closer to almighty ominipotent, ominipresent, and ominiscient Allah.
To recite gloriou quran as much as possible, to seek for forgivenes of my known and unknown sins, to attend tafsr and to pray for unity as well as peace to reign in this contry. So help me Allah!
Re: Ramadan Is Almost Here; What Are Your Plans For It? by deols(f): 9:01pm On Jul 25, 2011
Ideas on preparation for ramadan, check this out-
ammeerrahh./muslim-me/
Re: Ramadan Is Almost Here; What Are Your Plans For It? by cherish(m): 8:54am On Jul 26, 2011
may almighty allah give good health throught ramadan period. May God help and forgive my sin
Re: Ramadan Is Almost Here; What Are Your Plans For It? by chakula: 9:08am On Jul 26, 2011
In sha Allah i wouldn't Miss Ittikaf as i missed it last year because it means a lot to me and however, peace of mind is available there and the right of making addu'as also is attainable without hurting, disputing and other form misappropriation and, as well the place should be tidy and conducive atmosphere which it will helps you and make the exercise better. I urge the Muslims to exhibit the culture of attending ittikaf as far as you have chance to make it.
Re: Ramadan Is Almost Here; What Are Your Plans For It? by trenchcoat: 9:50am On Jul 26, 2011
Assalamu Alaikum, Alhamdulilahi, as we are about to witness this Ramadan may ALLAH (Subahanahu Wataala) make it easy for us to concentrate and worship with more fear and sincerity in our minds amin Ya Rabbi.
May ALLAH expose all those behind the wicked things happening in the world and deal with them here and the hereafter ameen summa ameen.
I hope to read my Qur'an and never miss the Tafsir and Ashan insha ALLAH.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Happy Ramadan Kareem To All Nairalanders / Who Was The First Muslim / Etiquettes Of Eating And Drinking In Ramadan And Fasting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.